• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

The turn 3 Rag dream.

f73idgZ.jpg

This is my token shaman deck:

token_shaman_deck.png

That is right, don't need to check your eyes... there is no fire elemental... a staple in shaman decks. Mainly cause I want to use nerubian weblord without any chance of conflict.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You've got to keep us updated with that deck!

lol yea. It was basically "does he have BGH? Probably not. yolo."

Yeah, truthfully, most people wouldn't try to hold the above cards that early... But sometimes they get stuck with it, and also against a Druid I'm certainly more likely to consider keeping one of those cards in my opening hand just for shit like this, lol.

I haven't lost to zoolock yet with my token shaman deck. I've beaten like 6 now.

Last zoolock played a that 3/2 imp turn 1.

On turn 2 I played a nerubian egg.

On his turn 2 he played a dire wolf alpha.

I played a rockbiter on the egg and lightning bolted the other.

From then on I had pretty strong control over the match. I even token'd a 1/1 from hero power when he played a harvest golem. Earthshock for buffed argent squires. Hex for turn 5 doomguard that sac'd his other doomguard.

Then I dropped a weblord and feral spirits... he was fucked at that point. He couldn't flood the board, I still had 2 lightning storms in my deck, and I had board control by like +2 minions before the turn he conceded.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know why you're so excited. Getting to Legend takes no skill, as this thread has taught me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know why you're so excited. Getting to Legend takes no skill, as this thread has taught me.
Clearly!

Nerub'ar warlord shits over zoo so bad. Was playing druid and managed to coin out one and play another on turn 2. Buffed one of them with mark of the wild too. Warlock's hand was basically dead. It was a massacre.

Feels good bros
a4CT0Zq.png

My stats so for this season
oaIg8wJ.png

Warlock is 50/50 Zoo/Handlock
Warrior is Kitkatz midrange warrior
Druid is Strifecro's taunt druid and vanilla ramp druid
Priest Amaz style
Hunter is Midrange

All of these stats are from when I started at rank 5 this season.

Jrmint

Finally took down those heroics. Anub and Widow were pretty easy, 1 shotted them. Maexnna was a huge pain since I don't have Alex. I ended up using face Hunter and finally got it after 3 attempts.

Dreavus

Beat the final heroic dungeon after a few tweaks.

Ended up making a mage deck full of AoE, along with cheap little battlecries like owl, voodoo, and engineer (because she HAS to cast web on you for free). Ragnaros dealt out all of my damage late game.

zulux21

I should totally join this community now that I am playing hearthstone....
plus I am easy pickings in the arena right now :p I made to many stupid mistakes and only got 1 win... luckily the game felt bad for me and gave me two epic cards in my pack

I need to get more experience with the game and remember to always attack with my 1/1 if there are no taunters.... to much magic means I forget they can't block lol

edit: I am curious how exactly the card redemption for the paladin works. my wife played it and then killed her own creature by running it into something and then her creature didn't come back to life with 1 life as expected o_O;

Strider

Man I am getting incredible value out of Maexxna. Just played a game where I took out a sunwalker (with divine shield still intact), far seer, and sunfury protector with it. Throw it in your deck and give it a go if you haven't yet.

Alrus

edit: I am curious how exactly the card redemption for the paladin works. my wife played it and then killed her own creature by running it into something and then her creature didn't come back to life with 1 life as expected o_O;

Traps only works on the enemy turn now. So yeah, killing your own minion won't make it come back to life. Learned that the hard way during an arena run :/

zulux21

Traps only works on the enemy turn now. So yeah, killing your own minion won't make it come back to life. Learned that the hard way during an arena run :/

ah good to know, my wife just learned that as well :p

I'm still working on learning the little things, I have only been playing for a week or so lol.
I could educate myself more, but when I do it tends to lead to you do this to make X deck because Y... and well I like to learn that stuff on my own... but basic mechanics like that I don't mind being educated on at all.

Zafir

Yeah I also had board control when I beat her. Card starved her so she couldn't do squat.

The 1 damage mob things with healers is probably more efficient though.

Strider

Yes! Rank 5. So the streak still stands of achieving a higher rank than the previous month :)

Used this Druid deck to go from 8 to 5 with just 1 loss.

YsmFF2r.png

So anyone else not able to reroll quests on EU?

Generally rerolling is disabled for like an hour before the reset and an hour after, shit's annoying. It's even more annoying when you check how it works on the US server, where during that period you can just reroll as many times as you want because herpderp servers or whatever, so you can stack your daillies.

Just got my first golden legendary.. Lorewalker Cho :(
http://imgur.com/gwcjX0a
I also opened a pack right before this after going 6-3 in arena and got a Van Cleef,
but I already spent 1600 dust to craft one :(. (BTW how does one quote their own images
to decrease their size?)

Mordeccai

Unable to log in to play, anyone else having an issue? Want to try out Naxx after having left the game alone for a few weeks and it tells me to wait and try again

In the middle of an Arena game... Everything froze...
I can see the Warlock player trying to do stuff, but nothing's going on. We're just stuck LOL.
So what happens when server goes down in the middle of a game? Do I get a win? Loss? WHAT HAPPENS I MUST KNOW

manhack

Watching TidesofTime twitch stream right now and he is freaking wasted. Has about 8 more hours to go on a 24 hour stream. Hell be lucky to live 2...

Tarazet

The dream..

Coin + Nerubian Egg + Backstab it.

Ruined by Sap in the opponent's hand.

Son of a bitch!

Incidentally, the Anub'ar Ambusher is useless to the Tempo Rogue deck, but outstanding in Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom