• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

So turn 2 nerubian egg, turn 3 Coin+Power Overwhelming+Void Terror. A 4/4 and a 7/9 on turn 3. Can't deal with that kind of combo ;_;

Minsc

Gold Member
So turn 2 nerubian egg, turn 3 Coin+Power Overwhelming+Void Terror. A 4/4 and a 7/10 on turn 3. Can't deal with that kind of combo ;_;

Big Game Hunter trades 4:1 there, amazing value. In fact if they didn't have a DoA or Void Walker / taunt, I wouldn't be surprised if they rage quit after getting hit with a BGH, heh spending all those cards.

Alrus

Big Game Hunter trades 4:1 there, amazing value. In fact if they didn't have a DoA or Void Walker / taunt, I wouldn't be surprised if they rage quit after getting hit with a BGH, heh spending all those cards.

I don't think there's any situation where BGH doesn't have amazing value. So yeah that combo is only good on a deck that doesn't have early removals indeed. So a standard Zoo deck pretty much, which is what I was playing :p

Ultrabum

The thing about that combo that makes it pretty good is that those cards are really good in many other situations too. Compared to things like dust devil coin dust devil, where if you draw dust devil on any turn after 1, it's a dead card.

Wunder

Who doesn't mulligan a BGH though? You'd have to top deck that shit

Sorry guys but what does a ZOO Deck mean?

A type of aggro deck used by Warlocks popularized by Reynad. Basically just a lot of strong early game minions that use the Warlock's Hero Power to keep up tempo.

Kworn

Banned

A type of aggro deck used by Warlocks popularized by Reynad. Basically just a lot of strong early game minions that use the Warlock's Hero Power to keep up tempo.

Does anyone have a pic of such a deck?

I am having trouble with heroic Nax without alextrasa.

Minsc

Gold Member

True, most people would cycle them in (and probably regret it down the road). When you start losing enough games to innervate Rag or that Zoo opener though, I'm sure you'll start holding on to BGH a bit more often.

It also has the added value of being incredibly useful if you end up facing Handlock and not Zoo as well.

frequency

I finally got around to trying the heroics "seriously."

I have to say I'm disappointed. They lied that there would be replayability. And heroic was way too easy.

I beat the first 2 with a standard hunter deck. The third I switched out some stuff for 2 Voodoo Doctors and Earthen Ring Farseer and all 4 bows. She filled her board with 1 damage minions so I just ignored them and healed through it until I drew Unleash and Timber Wolf (Hero Powering and going for face with weapons while waiting).

I know this is just the first wing but so far not happy with the Adventures. It was about 40 minutes of content total. I hope the other wings are somehow better because $7 for about 40 minutes of gameplay is too rich for me. The new cards are still really interesting for competitive play though.

Edit:
Well actually I did kill some minions. I killed the 1/2 spiders so they would become 2 1/1 spiders to fill up her board with 1 damage minions so she wouldn't have the chance to play the bigger ones.
I spoiler tagged just in case. It's my "strategy" for beating the last Heroic boss. In case anyone wants to figure it out without any outside influence.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I do wish there had been more story/lore/fluff in the adventure. As someone who never played WoW, I don't even know who these people are that I'm beating. A little voiced story of why I'm going into naxxramus and who all this people are would have really enriched it.

It also would have been nice to have some more side activities like, 'find lethal in this situation' type stuff exactly like they were posting on the news page for a while.

ViviOggi

I do wish there had been more story/lore/fluff in the adventure. As someone who never played WoW, I don't even know who these people are that I'm beating. A little voiced story of why I'm going into naxxramus and who all this people are would have really enriched it.

I for one am glad they've kept the Metzen to a minimum.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

It also would have been nice to have some more side activities like, 'find lethal in this situation' type stuff exactly like they were posting on the news page for a while.
They're just bosses from a WoW raid. Almost none of them were given good lore (and the one that did have lore was removed and replaced by Baron Rivendare).

JesseZao

They're just bosses from a WoW raid. Almost none of them were given good lore (and the one that did have lore was removed and replaced by Baron Rivendare).

I vaguely remember that change. Who did he replace again? I always thought it'd be fun to sub for a month to make a hearthstone tour series.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/14642097/naxxramas-the-floating-necropolis-7-3-2014

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just removed A BUNCH of people from my friends list. If you want to be (re)added, send me a PM with your Battle ID :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any reason to wait until everything of Naxx is released before buying a bunch (and I mean a TON) of packs?

Water

Any reason to wait until everything of Naxx is released before buying a bunch (and I mean a TON) of packs?

I don't see a reason to wait if you are going to buy packs with it anyway. Having bought and opened the packs is theoretically better than sitting with gold since then you are in a position to take advantage of better disenchant payoffs if any of the cards end up getting nerfed. For the same reason it's optimal to never dust anything until the moment you are actually going to craft something; just let those duplicates and gold cards sit in inventory until then.

I know, but its not the same. I just like being told a story, even a cheesy bad story, while playing a single player adventure.

Yeah I'm a little disappointed that Kel'Thuzad is basically a clown. The "Maexxna is a GIANT spider! Hahahaha!" thing is a little too much for me.

Yoshichan

HOLY SHIT! I just combo'd this game like a rogue with 10/10 mana/cards!

From the same opponent, I got this:

qyHH12d.jpg

and then this:

2x5OyqJ.jpg

and finally, this:

ApLndh5.jpg

CA-TCHING! 410 gold, baby :D

Yoshichan

Xanathus

Apparently the Lorewalker Cho + Shadowform trick to nullify the Naxx boss' hero powers isn't very effective because they give Shadowform a very low usage priority value. However they still use it if it's the only way for them to spend their remaning mana.

zoukka

When Yoshi starts playing a game it's not like you feeble casuals. You merely use games to your entertainment, Yoshi was born of games, molded by them.

Yoshichan

Calm down, people. I started playing 10-23-2013 (beta) and played it for a few weeks, then took a pause (not a rage break, as mentioned above). I decided to wait for the full release.When the game was launched, I got back into it, played it (got to rank 2) and eventually rage-quit after 3 weeks or so.

And now I'm back again, this time I'll be staying for at least a few months :)

edit: I know zoukka's joking, but he kinda has a point. I may take (rage)breaks from time to time but when I return to a game, I do it 210%.

ViviOggi

Since Yoshi is chill right now I'll vent a bit:

Arcane Missiles snipes my Faerie Dragon
2nd one gets perfect rolls on my next drop
3rd one gets two hits into my 6/7 and one into my 8/2 so he can Fireblast one and cheaply trade the other

Draft 12 1-3cc drops, three out of six games my entire hand is 5-7cc both before and after mulligan

Fuck this shitty game's game-deciding RNG and Blizzard's inability to fix Mages in Arena

I wouldn't even mind the odd run where I get utterly fucked by draws if it wasn't for Naxx. Should have saved more gold...

Alrus

I passed 6 twice so i pretty much know the feeling. I have given up.

Well at least I usually get enough win so arena doesn't lose me gold compared to outright buying packs. So I'll keep trying. Can't stand playing ladder anymore since the only deck I have is Zoo and I'm bored with it. Can't wait till I get a few good legendaries so I can play a druid or a warrior.

uHFf2ka.jpg

Is this real life? I don't feel like I drafted a strong arena deck at all. (Not pictured is a Stormwind Champion and a Alexstrasza).

Keep in mind i've only even seen Alexstraza show up twice for me. Once in an opening hand discard situation, and another that did admittedly win me a game against a Mage.

Still. I rarely do Arena's because I always feel like I'm total shit at drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom