• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
B8DQZdt.jpg

GdWt94Q.png

SECOND time this shit has happened. Fine one more game.

Deal 1 damage --> concede.

Alric

So you get nothing for beating the Heroic fights on Naxxramas? I've completed Normal, Class Challenge and got cards for those but nothing for all 3 Heroic fights. Shame for how crazy the fights were.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So you get nothing for beating the Heroic fights on Naxxramas? I've completed Normal, Class Challenge and got cards for those but nothing for all 3 Heroic fights. Shame for how crazy the fights were.
We'll most likely get a card back once defeating all the wings on heroic.

once all of the wings are released you get a card back for beating all heroic mode bosses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How anti-fucking-climatic to get to level 60 from a loss.

Oh well.

DING, LEVEL 60, PALADIN!

nIut1vY.jpg

the 51-60 golden reward cards for paladin are pretty lame. but not as lame as shaman's.

really need to get warrior to 60 for those golden yetis.

Yoshichan

the 51-60 golden reward cards for paladin are pretty lame. but not as lame as shaman's.

really need to get warrior to 60 for those golden yetis.
Golden yeti.... Mmmmm....

ViviOggi

it's actually quite often a dead card in my token druid deck. Against zoo, shaman and other decks with a lot of minions it's difficult to really make use of it. I wish druid had Equality
Well there's the obvious Starfall (or is it storm) combo, but at 9 it's likely too late so it'll cost you an Innervate on top. It's the Druid's best board clear but might not be worth the slots.

Violet_0

Banned
seeds/starfall would be a board clear in most instances but is really expensive

my favorite new druid combo that I actually pulled of twice is FoN + seeds. In my last game against an aggro paladin I put 5 treants on the board, followed by double roar next turn for a total of 41 damage

Alrus

Because it's easy :(

What I get one of those win 5 games with whatever, that could take 30 games. :(

A 5 win shouldn't take more than 15 game at worst (with a rather mediocre deck) unless you're massively unlucky. I started to enjoy doing these quests because they force me to play with an often sub-optimal deck with a classe I'm not too familiar with. It's pretty fun.

frequency

OTOH you can drop a buffing minion on board and trade one of your minions into it. Maybe it's a style preference or maybe there's actual reasons to doing it one way, I dunno.

But think about the play if you had Soulfire.

You could drop the buff creature, then Soulfire. You discarded a random card in your hand, gained X+2 damage to face and another body on the board.

If you buffed and traded, you would only have 1 body on the board and wouldn't have gotten the X+2 damage to the face. Sure you have an extra card in hand but I'd rather have the extra body on the board and the X+2 damage.

(X being the attack power of the creature that was already on the board that you would've traded)

zulux21

Why aren't you rerolling that for a 60g or 100g in the first place?

I saw his reason, but he could also be like me, and no matter how many times I reroll I never see a 60 or 100g reward....

I've only been playing a week or so, but that's a week for 40g quests, rerolling each day and never seeing anything but 40 so I have to clear one or two to make new slots open for the next daily quest :/

So, after playing Naxx the other day I sorta got the hankering to play this again and managed to rope scy in too.

RyfLfQx.png

first Arena deck after coming back.

Cruised to a very easy 7-0 before calling it quits for the night. It's basically working out like a constructed deck. Lots of Savage Roar wins and I even got to coin -> innervate -> Chillwind Yeti on turn one in my last game!

Nothing really was any way troubling. Could have maybe lost the last game after a guy managed to Windfury into double Abusive on a Cult Master to hit me for 16, but it would have required him to RNG a Wrath of Air Totem and the amazing bomber hits to clear my board, but even still I had outs in the deck.

scy

... but it would have required him to RNG a Wrath of Air Totem and the amazing bomber hits to clear my board, but even still I had outs in the deck.

The Skype lag made this hilarious since the last bomb froze on my end mid-flight :x "First to Tiger, that's fine ... second to Tiger that's awkward ... third to TIGER NOOOO oh it hit face"

Zafir

I saw his reason, but he could also be like me, and no matter how many times I reroll I never see a 60 or 100g reward....

I've only been playing a week or so, but that's a week for 40g quests, rerolling each day and never seeing anything but 40 so I have to clear one or two to make new slots open for the next daily quest :/
I've been playing 2 or 3 weeks now and I've only seen a 60g once or twice. Never gotten a 100g one, and I've always rerolled. So it must be quite rare? :I

The Skype lag made this hilarious since the last bomb froze on my end mid-flight :x "First to Tiger, that's fine ... second to Tiger that's awkward ... third to TIGER NOOOO oh it hit face"

yeah.

for context, after he used Fork Lightning when I had a Stranglethorn Tiger on the board and Savage Roar in my hand, he played a Mad Bomber which hit my Tiger twice and me in the face once, bring my Tiger to 1 HP.

If he had totemed and got wrath of air and used fork lightning after the bomber instead of before, he would have killed it.

I still had outs but it would have been hella scary.

ZZMitch

Managed to beat Heroic Maexxna with a stally mage deck that had all the available healing/freezing cards + stuff like fireball, elven archer and polymorths for the sea giants.

Went into fatigue!

Cipherr

The NA reroll spell is so good man... Gold pours in regularly when you never have to do a 40g quest, Just 100s on a regular with 60's sprinkled in when you cant get a 100. So much more gold.

I think this zoo player was pretty mad.

bpswUa3.jpg

This game needs a replay option so folks can posts these games. I get a surreal sense of joy watching Zoo players lose matches horrifically.

That and watching Millhouse Manastorm disasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydiqTuEvXCA

Cipherr

Cast humility on lightspawn. Attack stays at 5. Concede.

I need to play more priest in arena.

To be fair the card says something like that though. To the effect of Attack matches HP no matter what. Or 'Always' or something similar. But yeah its a really weird card.

Jedi2016

Made a nearly all-spell Hunter deck tonight to kill Maexxna, just a few beasts and zero taunt, lots of face damage and board clear. Tried it out against a Warrior in Ranked and actually won. Considering I still don't know what I'm doing with the game, that's not too shabby. Poor warrior didn't seem to know what to do, though, I kept shutting him down, especially at the end... I spent the last eight or ten rounds at 8 health and he never touched me again.

Ultrabum

So does miracle rogue have like a 5% win rate against the legendary control warrior? That shit is literally impossible. I think I am 0 for 10 or something.

Cast humility on lightspawn. Attack stays at 5. Concede.

I need to play more priest in arena.

Here's an interesting thing about Humility / Peacekeeper, they work on enrages, but only after the minion gets enraged. At least I think that is how it works, I haven't done extensive testing, only a few matches where it works. I would assume that the effects go in order. If that is the case, the real question is if healing the minion back and then enraging it again gives it more attack.

I'd do more testing, but it's hard to pull off exact scenarios when you can't control them.

Tarazet

I'm sitting on a little over 2000 dust and I'm motivated to craft some stuff. I have a lot of great cards already, just missing a few that would be nice to have. I can do one Legendary or 4-5 Epics. I typically like to play control or late-game decks, like Warrior or Druid, but I have most of the usual suspects.. Leeroy, Thalnos, Ragnaros, Ysera, Cairne, as well as Grom and Antonidas.

These are my main choices for crafting a legendary:

- Black Knight
- Sylvanas Windrunner
- Baron Geddon
- Harrison Jones
- Tirion Fordring

Or for epics, I can round out a number of decks by crafting any of these:

- 1x Mountain Giant
- 1-2x Earth Elemental
- 1x Preparation
- 1x Murloc Warleader
- 1-2x Ancient of War
- 1x Avenging Wrath
- 1x Force of Nature
-1-2x Pyroblast
-1-2x Snake Trap

Any sense of what is rising to the top of this meta?

Yoshichan

This game's gonna be the death of me... Heading to work now... Head barely working... So tired...

Tarazet

Sylvanas and FoN seems pretty good to me, maybe black knight.

Wish I had those kind of cards/dust.

I've been playing since closed beta, pretty much every day. If I was more willing to dump money into it, I would have more options, but I would also have all the cards already and would have no further reason to play.

Tarazet

Crafted black knight a week or two ago, just got a gold black knight. Man.

Gonna keep the gold though. I love gold cards.

I get crappy gold legendary cards.. Beast and Lorewalker Cho.. but that allowed me to craft what I liked. I did get a golden Grom back in December.. smashing face with him never, ever gets old.

Yoshichan

Of coure, I only have one REGULAR Eaglehorn :(... have plenty of copies of so many other cards but noooo....

I'm so dizzy :(

So I realized I was playing Zoo 75% of the time and just said fuck it and made a deck that beat it 99% of the time. Whereas it still has some value cards to keep you going to the late game.

I've won 7 of my last 8 games vs zoo with this
also beat priest twice
It kind of loses bad to most midrange hunters tho.
O3oYvGY.jpg

Yoshichan

Still around rank 1-5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom