• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the actual layout of the Naxx raid from WoW. I guess they were toying with the idea of laying the Adventure out like that before they went with the current UI

If you look closely, you can actually see the actual Naxxramas map underneath. They took the Naxx map from wow and drew this mockup on top of it.

CoolOff

As soon as I switch to Crusher Shaman, I get a Control Warrior that runs BGH, Black Knight, 4/3 silencer, Faceless in the same fucking deck?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
As soon as I switch to Crusher Shaman, I get a Control Warrior that runs BGH, Black Knight, 4/3 silencer, Faceless in the same fucking deck?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!
Haha that guy must have gotten matched up against so many handlocks and just said fuck your handlocks. And you just got hit by the handlock rage.

Sadly this might confirm no Mr. Bigglesworth boss :(

Unless he's' a hidden reward for beating all Heroics or something

Yeah, doesn't look like he was ever thought of as a boss... but the fact that his is the only 'boss only' card that has an actual gem (a legendary one at that) gives me hope that his card is still acquirable somehow.

scy

It depends on the build of miracle rogue. Not all miracles are the same. A lot of miracle rogues cut as much damage as possible for creatures such as no cold bloods and no sinister strikes and instead use mid-range creatures. In such a machup, unless the rogue gets an early auctioneer the warrior can simple outlive all of the rogue's damage.

Essentially. Traditional Miracle Rogue vs Traditional Control Warrior is wildly in favor of Miracle Rogue. Control Warrior saw many, many tweaks to improve the match-up as much as possible with more ways to start early pressure (e.g., it's why we added Kor'kron Elite back in the day). Miracle Rogue is massively favored off a typical start. It was pretty much Control Warrior's worst match-up prior to Lifecoach / Sunshine Hunter.

Edit: Also worth noting that the Miracle Rogue of the time had a lot less AoE board presence (since it was a minority in the meta so it didn't have many counters to deal with) so it was pretty much a deck tuned for Control match-up with ways to beat Watcher Druid, Handlock, and Control Warrior as they were the dominant forces of the meta at the time.

ViviOggi

I like the deck but I know some of my fellow HSGAFfers absolutely despise it, so I present: The saddest Miracle Rogue in the world

While she's desperately fishing for an Auctioneer the entire game, I got these from a casual Thoughtsteal:
hearthstone_screensho4dsrn.png
I don't even need more cards so I just drop them back to back.

Turn 9, she's run out of removal so my board has grown nicely - "This Thalnos will finally fetch me my Auctioneer!"

A final thank you was in order for this nice legendary.

Yesterday I Bomberinoed a 2/2 with Divine Shield while another minion was next to it. 1/4 - 1/4 - 1/4 chance of doing that.

Craziest thing I ever saw was while I was playing as a Paladin and losing horribly, I played Avenging Wrath against a board that had two minions on it, one was a Gurubashi Berserker. I was basically conceding and expecting the Berserker to turn into a juggernaut, but the Avenging Wrath sniped the other minion (I think it had 4 health) and then just hit face for the rest of it. The Berserker wasn't even touched. That's like someone firing a shotgun at you at point blank range and leaving a perfect silhouette on the wall in pellets, but not taking a single hit. I still lost horribly, though.

Mookow

Stupid question but how do I buy the Naxx wings with gold, and not cash? I see the option for 19.99 but not gold, and I had been saving in game gold for it.

tariniel

This game is depressing.

I've been playing Paladin lately, because I think golden Truesilver is one of the best looking cards in the game, and I wanted to level it up to get two of them. I reroll dailies for Paladin wins. I have a "control" deck, similar to Kolento's with some modifications, and then a typical aggro/shockadin. I much prefer to play control.

I'm only rank 13, and it feels impossible to win games with control paladin. Games take FOREVER and I'll lose 4-5 in a row to topdecks or priests. I feel like priest is a really hard matchup for control Paladin. Thoughsteal? Here's a Tirion and equality for you. They just sit on that mind control all game to wait for me play my own Tirion, and refuse to be baited to using it on something else.

Then I decide, fuck it, time to go brainless and rush face with shockadin, and what do I queue into? Handlocks everywhere with taunts while I don't draw equality, or other decks that shockadin is extremely weak against (which my control deck does well against). There's just no winning for me. I had a daily for 2 Paladin wins and it took 8 games. The worst part? After all of that, I barely made any progress towards leveling up.

Mookow

This game is depressing.

I've been playing Paladin lately, because I think golden Truesilver is one of the best looking cards in the game, and I wanted to level it up to get two of them. I reroll dailies for Paladin wins. I have a "control" deck, similar to Kolento's with some modifications, and then a typical aggro/shockadin. I much prefer to play control.

I'm only rank 13, and it feels impossible to win games with control paladin. Games take FOREVER and I'll lose 4-5 in a row to topdecks or priests. I feel like priest is a really hard matchup for control Paladin. Thoughsteal? Here's a Tirion and equality for you. They just sit on that mind control all game to wait for me play my own Tirion, and refuse to be baited to using it on something else.

Then I decide, fuck it, time to go brainless and rush face with shockadin, and what do I queue into? Handlocks everywhere with taunts while I don't draw equality, or other decks that shockadin is extremely weak against (which my control deck does well against). There's just no winning for me. I had a daily for 2 Paladin wins and it took 8 games. The worst part? After all of that, I barely made any progress towards leveling up.

That's funny because the only class I can really enjoy is control Paladin. I will have issues with Priest and Druid, but it never feels unfair. I get scary close to death vs Zoo or Handlock, but if I can stabilize it gets easier after turn 5 or 6.

Special C

This game is depressing.

Hmm, I don't play Aggro Paladin a whole bunch but I've only ran into Handlock 1 time with it and I absolutly destroyed him. By the time he got taunted giants out I had him down so far all I needed was one Equality to take care of them. I figured it was a decent matchup.

Strider

This game is depressing.

Welcome to the club. Yea they need to do something with Paladin but of course the expansion brings us a freakin secret for christ sake. I can do pretty well with but if I really wanna move up the later at a good pace I have to use other classes. Using Druid lately has been easy mode compared to the month or so I basically exclusively played Paladin.

The main thing with Paladin is I get pretty much nothing out of the hero power as opposed to other classes. 2 mana for a 1-1 sucks and i can't even deal that 1 damage instantly like a Druid or Mage can.

I guess they don't see the need to do anything about the class since there are really good players that do well with Pally but it's definitely one of the worst classes.

Xanathus

Considering replacing Young Priestesses in my zoo deck with the 1/2 spiders, it turns out the priestesses are anti-synergy with eggs. Only problem is that I feel the 1/2 spiders are too weak and slow.

I finally got another Legendary in a pack. Now I have Gnomash Hellscream. Pretty happy about that.

I just pulled my third legendary from a pack last night: Lorewalker Cho. So disappointed. At least I'll get more dust out of him than just another common.

Why do I see so many people posting about golden Eaglehorn Bows? Is everyone getting them through the event or something? Also, why would you sell them? That's an awesome card.

Eaglehorn Bow got nerfed in the most recent patch so you get the full amount of dust for disenchanting them. If you've got them, it's worth it to dust them right now to create rarer stuff.

Strider

Considering replacing Young Priestesses in my zoo deck with the 1/2 spiders, it turns out the priestesses are anti-synergy with eggs. Only problem is that I feel the 1/2 spiders are too weak and slow.

Haunted creepers are pretty good in zoo decks from what I've seen so far. It also leaves you with two 1-1s if the opponent board clear which doesnt sound amazing, but is nice to have since a lot of zoo cards can buff them to do more damage. The deathrattle is great when you have a knife juggler on board too.

Violet_0

Banned

handlock should be one of the easiest matchups for aggro paladin. You kinda need equality though

Xater

I made the eggs work by using the Shattered Sun Cleric on them.

CoolOff

Just got wrecked by a Control Warrior with a Nerub'ar Weblord, actually considering switching out one of my Armorsmiths for one.

Water

Craziest thing I ever saw was while I was playing as a Paladin and losing horribly, I played Avenging Wrath against a board that had two minions on it, one was a Gurubashi Berserker. I was basically conceding and expecting the Berserker to turn into a juggernaut, but the Avenging Wrath sniped the other minion (I think it had 4 health) and then just hit face for the rest of it. The Berserker wasn't even touched. That's like someone firing a shotgun at you at point blank range and leaving a perfect silhouette on the wall in pellets, but not taking a single hit. I still lost horribly, though.
If two "good" targets would stay on the board throughout, there's a 9% chance all of the missiles miss the "bad" target. Adjusting for the presence of the 4-hit minion, I guess you actually had something like 3-4% chance of getting the outcome where the other minion dies in addition to the Berserker not taking a scratch. Lucky but not crazy rare.

Jrmint

Why do I see so many people posting about golden Eaglehorn Bows? Is everyone getting them through the event or something? Also, why would you sell them? That's an awesome card.
The golden ones are currently worth 800 gold for dusting. I'm sure they're keeping their normal ones.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Considering switching my main to druid (from paladin)... dunno, but everytime paladin and mage isn't an option in arena, I go druid and I always get more wins with the druid. Are they as good in arena as they are constructed?

What are the absolute essential cards I need for a control druid?

The golden ones are currently worth 800 gold for dusting. I'm sure they're keeping their normal ones.

Might as well DE all of them, even normal ones, since worst case scenario you can re-craft them later for the same price... and best case scenario, you draw a few from packs anyway before you need them again.

So yeah... did some more experimenting/looking around and I believe I discovered something interesting about Naxx.

Earlier in this thread I shared something someone showed on the main Hearthstone forum, which is a secret prototype menu for Naxxramas.

After some experimenting, besides the main menu I figured out you could also show the prototype menu for challenges.

Anyone notice anything odd about these two images?

It's the final wing... It only has 2 bosses and no challenges (the rest of the wings have 3 bosses and 2-3 challenges). Blizz plans on charging the same amount of money/gold for this wing as the others.

I don't honestly believe that they plan on releasing the last wing with such little content in comparison to the other 4... so what's going to make up the rest of the wing?

(and yes, these screens are from a prototype stage... but it works out. We know the final wing rewards only 3 cards versus the other wing's 4-5, so it does only have 2 bosses compared to the other's 3).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've opened 90 packs in a few days and only got one. A regular one.

LOL.

ShinNL

Welcome to the club. Yea they need to do something with Paladin but of course the expansion brings us a freakin secret for christ sake. I can do pretty well with but if I really wanna move up the later at a good pace I have to use other classes. Using Druid lately has been easy mode compared to the month or so I basically exclusively played Paladin.

The main thing with Paladin is I get pretty much nothing out of the hero power as opposed to other classes. 2 mana for a 1-1 sucks and i can't even deal that 1 damage instantly like a Druid or Mage can.

I guess they don't see the need to do anything about the class since there are really good players that do well with Pally but it's definitely one of the worst classes.
Paladin is by far my best deck and my most favorite one to play.

I can be greedy because of a combination of 2 things:
Equality clears
Massive self heals

Because of that I can play a high mana curve game without losing and most decks just can't actually deal with so many big minions. I actually usually play turn 2 recruit and turn 3 recruit.

When someone Alexstraszas you and you reply with Aldor, Farseer, Holy Light Holy Light, it's just feels amazing.

It's the class with the best class cards IMO. Guardian of Kings is godlike. Truesilver Champion is the best weapon in the game. Aldor Peacekeer is my favorite 3 drop.

Normally in a game where you drop something like a Sylvanas or Cairne Bloodhoof and basically tell the enemy "let me see you deal with this", they usually answer with "I don't wanna deal with it" and hit your face. But Guardian of Kings next turn is like saying "Let me ask you again, deal with my previous drop and now this drop as well".

Usually the answer to that is "I still don't wanna deal with it!" and then I brewmaster my healing stuff back (after trading) and ask again "Deal with my minions or die, cause my hero sure isn't gonna die!". I just love this playstyle and is just a natural counter to so many decks out there that are based on taking 30 damage off, but not a lot more.

TP17

Tried out heroic today. Took me 4 attempts to beat the first boss, but beat the other 2 at the first go with a zoo and charge deck respectively.

I enjoyed the experience, looking forward to seeing what the next few wings bring.

Jrmint

Considering switching my main to druid (from paladin)... dunno, but everytime paladin and mage isn't an option in arena, I go druid and I always get more wins with the druid. Are they as good in arena as they are constructed?

What are the absolute essential cards I need for a control druid?
Druid is much better in constructed than Paladin. I switched last month also.

Essential cards are Druid of the Claw, Ancients of War and Lore. You probably also want 2 FoN also. And obviously the spells like Wrath.

Strider

Paladin is by far my best deck and my most favorite one to play.

Mine too.

I'm not saying it's complete shit or anything and yes it has some excellent class cards, I'm just saying it's missing... something. It's one of the bottom 3 classes IMO and once that Dark Cultist card comes out it's bottom 2. There's a reason you never see Paladin played at tournaments.

And giving other control classes, for instance Warrior a Death's bite (Basically a Truesilver), While Paladin gets a secret (I hate secrets) in the expansion sucks if you ask me.

I just want Paladin to be top tier :( Blizz hates my favorite class in all of it's games.

Yoshichan

Hey I'm thinking of bailing out of the paladin group as well :(... Been playing pala since beta, and never thought of switching... until just a few days ago. Either to mage (bleh) or druid (ugh)...

ShinNL

Mine too.

I'm not saying it's complete shit or anything and yes it has some excellent class cards, I'm just saying it's missing... something. It's one of the bottom 3 classes IMO and once that Dark Cultist card comes out it's bottom 2. There's a reason you never see Paladin played at tournaments.

And giving other control classes, for instance Warrior a Death's bite (Basically a Truesilver), While Paladin gets a secret (I hate secrets) in the expansion sucks if you ask me.

I just want Paladin to be top tier :( Blizz hates my favorite class in all of it's games.
I think the tournament scene are saying Paladin lacks burst, but since I don't play burst styles I don't really care. You could still swap 3 cards in for 18 dmg burst at 10 mana but I rather have Ysera, Cairne and Ragnaros in my hand.

I honestly think it's the best class.

^ At least try my version of control before you give up on Paladin: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/73109-pretty-face-the-lord-of-healing
Very Legendary heavy though, hope you have the cards... (Sunwalkers and Ogres won't do the job)

Strider

I think the tournament scene are saying Paladin lacks burst, but since I don't play burst styles I don't really care. You could still swap 3 cards in for 18 dmg burst at 10 mana but I rather have Ysera, Cairne and Ragnaros in my hand.

I honestly think it's the best class.

^ At least try my version of control before you quit: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/73109-pretty-face-the-lord-of-healing

I'll never quit Paladin! :D (I'll just take breaks)

I can't play your version of control bc I dont have Sylvanas or Ysera which seem essential. The main thing that sticks out to me from your deck is the Brewmasters. I dont run that but I may have to give that a go at some point.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Frodan annoys me because he seems to try to manufacture hype by making a big deal out of small things. "oh man what a big pick up!" half the time someone draws a card etc.

I much prefer Kripp's laid back schadenfreude attitude

ShinNL

I'll never quit Paladin! :D (I'll just take breaks)

I can't play your version of control bc I dont have Sylvanas or Ysera which seem essential. The main thing that sticks out to me from your deck is the Brewmasters. I dont run that but I may have to give that a go at some point.
I know Sylvanas can be replaced with Maexxna. Ysera being a 9 mana card is a win-more card, so if you have any other 8+ mana Legendary you could go for that. Anything that puts board pressure, like Onyxia or Gruul. Anything that's immune to a YOLO Ragnaros (Gruul also doesn't die when you drop it first).

My winrate went up by a lot after I added Brewmasters. Depending on what I'm playing, sometimes I immediate bounce back a must-have minion and sometimes I use it for value after they traded. Like against Handlock, having 4x Aldor makes them really, really sad, so that's usually an immediate bounce back before I even give them a chance to kill it. Against Zoo though, using a Farseer to trade and then bounce back can create some nice advantage. I had some previous posts about me being super happy with the change earlier in the thread after I added them in. Best tweak I've done to my deck.

Was in a match with a ZooLock who wouldn't stop saying thank you and sorry the whole game. Got me down to one health and he was at 14. Then I won with a fire elemental and two drakes on the board he left alive thanks to a Flametongue totem.

Nothing felt that good before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom