• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Was in a match with a ZooLock who wouldn't stop saying thank you and sorry the whole game. Got me down to one health and he was at 14. Then I won with a fire elemental and two drakes on the board he left alive thanks to a Flametongue totem.

Nothing felt that good before.

Did you just switch your username?

MedIC86

I feel really stupid but i have a hard time beating maexxna and faerlina on hc....

on Maexxna i tried frost mage, pala and lock with cheap cards (the ones were they bounce your healers and card drawers etc).

for faerlina i tried also a few decks, zoo, that rush warrior thing. I still seem to lose when they are down to like 15hp. is it worth crafting alexzstraza for this or?

frequency

I beat all 3 with a non-legendary face hunter without too much trouble so it can be done.

Just tweak your deck. Maybe need a bit of luck too. I raced the first one since I can't deal with a stream of 4/4's. The second one I kept the same deck and it kind of just worked out first try. I didn't really do anything special. Third one I switched out some things to be even more aggressive and some healing to be bounced back to me and ignored the board of 1/X minions.

Tacitus_

So, I need legendaries to beat heroic or what? First opponent has 45HP, class ability is to summon a 4/4. I'm out of my league here.

I beat all of them without a legendary. I used a midrange hunter, zoo lock and a specific maexxna paladin deck with chargers and battlecry heals.

That's awesome! :D

Yeah, I loved KT's face when he says stuff, so I wanted to use it as an avatar. Then I wanted a new name to go with it. Truth me told I wanted to use,
The Bitch King
because I thought it would be hilarious, but that was a no go.

This one is probably better though. References my old name and it isn't ridiculous.

Water

I feel really stupid but i have a hard time beating maexxna and faerlina on hc....

on Maexxna i tried frost mage, pala and lock with cheap cards (the ones were they bounce your healers and card drawers etc).
I built this and one-shot Maexxna with it. Didn't need to include cards which draw cards because you'll have your hand full for most of the game anyway. I'd have put in another Blizzard but I only have one. Didn't draw either of the legendaries so they clearly aren't necessary. Just gotta be patient through the early game, keep strategically bouncing 2 owls / Mind Control Techs / lifegainers every turn to stabilize and chip away at Maexxna's board. At later turns you can start flooding the board, trading, and taking over until Maexxna is in topdeck mode with an empty board and you win.
Nkf6qlil.png

Tacitus_

Hmm. I'll have to rebuild my deck. I was running Zoolock and got wiped my first two attempts.

Beating Faerlina with zoo is just a matter of getting a good start. If you start with a 1 drop and don't get it deathchargered out the following turn, you're golden. Just keep board control and your hand as empty as possible.

Xanathus

OMG, I've reached Legend for the very first time and I did it in one session starting from 5. It took me like 4 hours. It turns out to be a lot easier near the end of the season when all the legend players are playing more fun decks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow grats! Mind sharing the zoo-deck :D?

Strider

Has Blizz ever released the total number of people that reached legend in any given season? I've always wanted to know how many actually make it that far.

Xanathus

Hmm, looking at the upcoming Naxx cards it looks like aggro and zoo are going to be in trouble next week. Unstable Ghoul and Sludge Belcher are going to be auto include in Druid and control Warrior decks.

Xater

Hmm, looking at the upcoming Naxx cards it looks like aggro and zoo are going to be in trouble next week. Unstable Ghoul and Sludge Belcher are going to be auto include in Druid and control Warrior decks.

The more control stuff I can get the better. Prefer that play style.

I can't wait for Loatheb. gonna be so much fun to play control again.

Yoshichan

I want to fucking strangle this druid I'm playing against right now. LITERALLY taking 2 minutes per turn, including the mulligan. What a fucking troll.

Alrus

Yeah it's just zoo with Naxx creatures. The only matchups I lost were against Hunters with UTH, but if they don't draw that then it's auto-win against them too.

You run Argent Commander? I used to run two, but I figured it didn't really fit my curve and half the time I would end up discarding one because playing a doomguard was the better play.

Yoshichan

!

Just got the message that there's 5 days left of this season. So it really does reset every month, huh?

Xanathus

You run Argent Commander? I used to run two, but I figured it didn't really fit my curve and half the time I would end up discarding one because playing a doomguard was the better play.
Two is too much but one is needed for late game. There are times I don't play doomguard on 5 when I have argent in my hand and instead tap and play 3 mana.

Water

OK, what the hell is going on here at rank 4-5? I just got matched with 9 warlock opponents in a row. 8 zoos 1 handlock. Not complaining, just curious.

Token mage seems to have a pretty even MU vs zoo, dunno if the Eggs will affect that. Only played against a couple of egg zoos so far. Maybe I should build my own to see how it works.

Xanathus

OK, what the hell is going on here at rank 4-5? I just got matched with 9 warlock opponents in a row. 8 zoos 1 handlock. Not complaining, just curious.

Token mage seems to have a pretty even MU vs zoo, dunno if the Eggs will affect that. Only played against a couple of egg zoos so far. Maybe I should build my own to see how it works.
The latest Naxx cards powered up zoo.

Yoshichan

Wait, I just realized something... why didn't they unlock the Naxx map for PvP :(?

Wow.

Just played vs a control warrior as a shaman. I had 5 cards on the board and lethal next turn. He dropped an armorsmith and brawl...Tides doesn't lie, of course the armorsmith lives.

Next turn he alex's himself and shield blocks.

I get him all the way down to 11 hp (again) and he's out of cards. His last card is deathwing.

Such sadness.

Wait, I just realized something... why didn't they unlock the Naxx map for PvP :(?

probably wanted to make it special so there's more incentive to buy the wings? it typically get its own bullet point when they talk about naxx.

i'm hoping it just goes into rotation after everything gets released.

Violet_0

Banned

doubt it. Unstable Ghoul might see play in some decks

Yoshichan

Shaman is the least skill-required class in this game and you should feel awful for playing one. Just a bunch of herps and derps in order to win. Wow, so much skill, such wow.

I am auto-conceding fights against shaman until they get fixed so if you want "free" wins, now is the time to que up on arena.

Shaman is the least skill-required class in this game and you should feel awful for playing one. Just a bunch of herps and derps in order to win. Wow, so much skill, such wow.

I am auto-conceding fights against shaman until they get fixed so if you want "free" wins, now is the time to que up on arena.

What the hell are you talking about? A class with a built it requirement to think a move ahead requires the least amount of skill?

Yoshichan

What the hell are you talking about? A class with a built it requirement to think a move ahead requires the least amount of skill?
Wow! That's incredible; did you say as a shaman, you have to think one entire step ahead of your opponent?! Color me shocked - I am so sorry, I retract my previous post. I was mistaken, they are clearly REALLY skill dependent.

Edit: massive sarcasm to the side. In my opinion, the overload mechanic is easy as shit to think through and most cards with overload are just insanely good and almost always worth using despite becoming gimped (the next) turn. I have played shaman, I have a level 50-something shaman and they are herp. They have always been herp.

johnsmith

remember me

You must have played the same shaman I did with 4 hexes, 2 lightning storms, and 2 fire elementals I did in arena.

Shaman's fine, but hex is way too cheap. The fact that it cancels out death rattles but is 2 mana cheaper than assassinate is fucking stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom