• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Like ... are we talking about Constructed or Arena? If the former, :lol If the latter, they've always been one of the best Arena classes.

They WERE supposed to give gold versions of their cards.

No, they used to unlock the ability to craft the golden versions of their cards. They did not actually give the cards themselves.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Arena, of course.

frequency

Every class I lose to is cheap and easy and takes no skill to play and should be nerfed. Until I have a 100% win rate, the game is unbalanced garbage and Blizzard should just quit making games since they can't balance properly.

CoolOff

Like ... are we talking about Constructed or Arena? If the former, :lol If the latter, they've always been one of the best Arena classes.

Eh, not really. Top tier with 2+ Fire Eles, otherwise solid mid-tier. In terms of "standard decks" I'd easily rate Mage, Rogue, Druid, Paladin higher.

rac

Banned
I just did a 5 win challenge with druid using a poison seeds deck. I just don't think its that good of a card. I didn't play anyone using big taunts but even if I had I think I would rather have a bgh in the deck instead.

The combos that you can set up with it just seems really lackluster especially when you're not even clearing your opponents board.

The best use for it I can see is at the end of the game when you and your opponent don't have anything to play and you can shove down some cheap death rattle minions to get a bunch of things out.

I think I'm going to keep using it cause its still a fun card, but I don't know how useful it actually is.

edit: Obviously playing a few games doesn't really mean shit, just giving my first impressions of the card.

Raxus

No, they used to unlock the ability to craft the golden versions of their cards. They did not actually give the cards themselves.

Now I feel slightly better about it but it is a shame there is no other way to craft them aside from using a huge amount of dust.

Wow! That's incredible; did you say as a shaman, you have to think one entire step ahead of your opponent?! Color me shocked - I am so sorry, I retract my previous post. I was mistaken, they are clearly REALLY skill dependent.

Edit: massive sarcasm to the side. In my opinion, the overload mechanic is easy as shit to think through and most cards with overload are just insanely good and almost always worth using despite becoming gimped (the next) turn. I have played shaman, I have a level 50-something shaman and They have always been herp They have always been herp.

You have played a shitton of games, the overload mechanic to a newbie can be hard to grasp. You have to learn to think one step ahead in Hearthstone, let alone several, no other class requires to to do it from the beginning.

As for you thinking "they are herp. They have always been herp", there are zero stats to back that up, and none of the top players agree

The Adder

Banned
So this deck has been doing work for me:

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7252014185143_zpsd795059e.png

Thoughts?

biaxident

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I would love if they added Naxx quests into the daily quest possibilities (if you have the wing already). Defeat Heroic Maexxna with whatever class for 60/80g. It would add the replay-ability Naxx needs, and add more quest variation. Seems like something pretty easy to add at least.

Cipherr

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I would love if they added Naxx quests into the daily quest possibilities (if you have the wing already). Defeat Heroic Maexxna with whatever class for 60/80g. It would add the replay-ability Naxx needs, and add more quest variation. Seems like something pretty easy to add at least.

I wish they would do this, but with the class challenges instead of the heroics. Im not the biggest fan of those. Don't really ever wanna do them again, lol. But it would be nice if they made the class challenge a weekly quest for like 60 gold or something. Add another way to earn gold in a PvE fashion instead of just Play Mode/Arena.

biaxident

I wish they would do this, but with the class challenges instead of the heroics. Im not the biggest fan of those. Don't really ever wanna do them again, lol. But it would be nice if they made the class challenge a weekly quest for like 60 gold or something. Add another way to earn gold in a PvE fashion instead of just Play Mode/Arena.

Yeah as long as they do something with it, i'll be happy. They could make it a weekly quest, since you can do a raid in WoW once a week. Have the quest reward gold and dust for once. You can do an entire wing on normal for 60g/60 dust, or on heroic for 150g/150 dust. There are a lot of options for blizz, just hope they don't take 6 months to decide...

Tarazet

You have played a shitton of games, the overload mechanic to a newbie can be hard to grasp. You have to learn to think one step ahead in Hearthstone, let alone several, no other class requires to to do it from the beginning.

As for you thinking "they are herp. They have always been herp", there are zero stats to back that up, and none of the top players agree

There's also another way to think of it. Against most classes, you want to get ahead of the curve. When playing against Shamans, it can actually be better to stay behind the curve. Forcing them to use removal on turn 5 really screws them over since they can't play Fire Elementals.

scy

Eh, not really. Top tier with 2+ Fire Eles, otherwise solid mid-tier. In terms of "standard decks" I'd easily rate Mage, Rogue, Druid, Paladin higher.

In my experience, the top four has always been Mage, Rogue, Paladin, and Shaman in some order. Druid on average tends to be at a disadvantage vs those classes (usually minor, 55-45 splits), though to be fair Shaman is around the same vs those classes.

Basically, I'd put Druid right behind Shaman.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always looked at Druid and Shaman as occupying the same tier below Mage and Paladin.

Kenaras

In my experience, the top four has always been Mage, Rogue, Paladin, and Shaman in some order. Druid on average tends to be at a disadvantage vs those classes (usually minor, 55-45 splits), though to be fair Shaman is around the same vs those classes.

Basically, I'd put Druid right behind Shaman.

Yeah, that's been my experience as well. I'd rank Shaman #4 in Arena, behind Mage, Paladin, and Rogue. Coincidentally I'd also rank Shaman #4 in constructed, behind Rogue, Warlock, and Druid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really dislike season resets :( That means most people won't be able to play arena or constructed for a week after reset without getting absolutely demolished.

edit: ^ grats! I could only dream of getting a golden legendary.

Strider

I actually got my first golden legendary yesterday after opening a few packs. Van Cleef. But fuuuuuuck Rogue so I DE it and crafted Ysera.

ShinNL

I actually got my first golden legendary yesterday after opening a few packs. Van Cleef. But fuuuuuuck Rogue so I DE it and crafted Ysera.
Control ftw!

I love it when I mulligan for zoo and end up facing three mountain giants by turn 6 and no hex in hand
I did a double innervate into Cairne and that got hexed, yet I still won the game. What I'm basically saying is that 2 hexes probably won't be enough to stop a deck designed to put out more than just 2 big guys.

This is also the reason why I prefer Shaman decks with BGH and The Black Knight, simply because any decent opponent will keep trying to bait your hexes.

I did a double innervate into Cairne and that got hexed, yet I still won the game. What I'm basically saying is that 2 hexes probably won't be enough to stop a deck designed to put out more than just 2 big guys.

This is also the reason why I prefer Shaman decks with BGH and The Black Knight, simply because any decent opponent will keep trying to bait your hexes.

As Shaman vs Handlock, I basically do the following (assuming I draw into said cards): Earth Shock the Drakes, Hex two giants, then use a combination of Fire Elemental, Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter, Doomhammer, and Lightning Storm (with spell power as needed) to clear other giants and any smaller minions. BGH or BK certainly makes the job easier thoufh., but I can never seem to fit them into my deck in any manner that doesn't leave me overly vulnerable to Aggro decks.

Wunder

Really dislike season resets :( That means most people won't be able to play arena or constructed for a week after reset without getting absolutely demolished.

edit: ^ grats! I could only dream of getting a golden legendary.

Why can't people play Arena after a reset?

ZZMitch

Just faced the most insane deck I have ever seen in Arena. Ysera + Grommish (plus Ysera Awakens) just wrecked me control warrior constructed style!

Alas

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Out of more than 15 cards left a Thoughtsteal pulls two Bombers, I play one who proceeds to hit the same Acolyte three times, with this board state:

What are the odds on this shit?
Ay! Dios Mio!

johnsmith

remember me
Deathwing so good in arena. Was facing death vs a full board shaman, including a 10/10 frostwolf warlord. Deathwing gave me an easy win after that since I baited out a big game hunter the turn before with a blessing of kings.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It isn't a bug. The blessing of wisdom doesn't give a card to the owner, but to the person who cast the spell which is why you can cast it on an enemy minion.

I understand you can cast it on an enemy unit. But no other spell cast on a unit works like that when Facelessed. Faceless should create an exact mirror of a unit when you cast it. But it doesn't with Blessing of Wisdom.

Alrus

I understand you can cast it on an enemy unit. But no other spell cast on a unit works like that when Facelessed. Faceless should create an exact mirror of a unit when you cast it. But it doesn't with Blessing of Wisdom.

That's because Blessing of Wisdom's effect is unique amongst all the spells.

Faceless makes an exact copy. The copy is going to function identically to the original.

Xanathus

It's funny how I have a better legend rank than most of the top streamers simply by not playing at all. You drop like 300+ ranks from one loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom