• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenenser

I remember complaining a lot about the warlock hero power ~9 months ago and I still think it's bullshit
(¬、¬)

everyone with some tcg-experience would know its bullshit and i can't even understand the idea why they put it in.

specially now with those eggs (even if zoo looses tempo, the chance of clearing a board now and make a comeback is so low)...

I know I'm not the most seasoned player, but am I wrong in thinking that Webspinner will be a huge help to Hunter's game? I see a lot of comments that it's junk, but I really like it. I think Hunter decks lack solid level 1 minions (Timber Wolf and Boar should be saved for better situations, IMO), and Hunter is pretty reliant on card control to begin with. I'm excited for it, anyway. Would love to have it lead to a third copy of a Beast in a constructed deck.

Also, Blizzard dun goofed by not having it one of the class challenges in the "arachnid quarter".

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I think the warlock hero power is ok... for now. But it and innervate represent almost inevitable future problems.

They scale significantly with average card quality in decks and as more and more cards are added to the game they get more and more exploitable. Innervate is particularly problematic because it cripples potential design space. For every neutral/druid card ever made from here on out one has to ask the question "Is this broken with innervate? What about double innervate?"

And there will be a lot of cool cards that will have to be scrapped because they will answer yes to those questions.

Now are they overpowered right this second? I would argue probably not. But they will inevitably become so. The question is when not if. And that is a very difficult question to answer. It is difficult to decide that just looking at the meta because the meta is self correcting. So the point when they need to be changed isn't really when druid/warlock are the most dominant on the ladder. The tipping point is more when the entire meta is bent to work around them.

Wunder

Any Token Druid players have a solution to deal with Shamans? They seem to have the perfect answer to everything I have - hexes, lightning storms, feral spirits. Even with two PotW I can lose my entire board with a single AoE

Violet_0

Banned
Any Token Druid players have a solution to deal with Shamans? They seem to have the perfect answer to everything I have - hexes, lightning storms, feral spirits. Even with two PotW I can lose my entire board with a single AoE

shaman is a soft counter to druid

lightning storm shouldn't be a problem for most ramp druid decks

Bizazedo

So I can officially retire from Hearthstone after this victory in a real game.

Two Holy Novas, Two Circle of Healings, opponent was a priest with two northshire clerics out. He started at 30 life. 137 damage in one turn.

These were the last two pics I snapped as the fatigue kicked finished finally...

LwezDsn.jpg

+ this..

m95V3SA.jpg

ZZMitch

So I can officially retire from Hearthstone after this victory in a real game.

Two Holy Novas, Two Circle of Healings, opponent was a priest with two northshire clerics out. He started at 30 life. 137 damage in one turn.

These were the last two pics I snapped as the fatigue kicked finished finally...

Awesome

Raxus

Hmm Poison Seeds is kinda crappy....
It isn't bad for token druid which is a tad more viable with Naxx. Everything else? Druid never establishes much of a board presence and obliterating it all is ill advised.

If they ever got a warsong commander on the other hand...

zoukka

Hmm Poison Seeds is kinda crappy....

The "all" kinda makes you think it's meant against big boards, but really it's just a removal for evasive fatties, Tirions, Sunwalkers, Spectral Knights etc. It's not a card meant to play against rush decks.

Lyng

The "all" kinda makes you think it's meant against big boards, but really it's just a removal for evasive fatties, Tirions, Sunwalkers, Spectral Knights etc. It's not a card meant to play against rush decks.

Which means its essentially just a bad BGH

I recently found Antonidas in a pack.
Would anyone kindly suggest a good deck with him? I remember reading here about a freeze mage variant with Antonidas (possibly instead of Alex? I don't have it).

Hearthpwn is blocked at work (-__- ) , so pls don't link there...

Alrus

Man, doing Druid Dominance has been miserable, I have none of the cards that make the druid so good, and they're nearly all freaking epics so I can't craft them :/

I recently found Antonidas in a pack.
Would anyone kindly suggest a good deck with him? I remember reading here about a freeze mage variant with Antonidas (possibly instead of Alex? I don't have it).

Hearthpwn is blocked at work (-__- ) , so pls don't link there...

I would personally throw him in a high value mage deck. Prob mid-range-ish. Just getting even a single fireball off him can push a mage deck's burn into an "easy" win.

Kettch

So my opponent has a 10/10 questing (after concealing it the prior turn), 2 wisps and a 12/12 van cleef on his turn 5. Adding on to this, he deadly poison/prep-blade flurried my entire board on the van cleef turn. And I'm down to 14 health. And I'm overloaded for 2, giving me 3 mana for the next turn.

And I won this match.

Luckily I had an egg and a creeper out on the board, so I was still left with a 4/4 and 2 1/1s. Earth shock the van cleef, flametongue totem and sack everything into the questing. Flametongue died. Turn 6 fire elemental, turn 7 spirit wolves/flame tongue/totem. Turn 8 bloodlust for 29 damage, plus a lightning bolt thrown in for good measure. Survive with 4 hp.

I feel kinda bad for the guy, because he was ranked 1500-something legend, so obviously the deck isn't winning very often. This was probably the one time he gets the perfect miracle hand. :p

Lyng

So my opponent has a 10/10 questing (after concealing it the prior turn), 2 wisps and a 12/12 van cleef on his turn 5. Adding on to this, he deadly poison/prep-blade flurried my entire board on the van cleef turn. And I'm down to 14 health. And I'm overloaded for 2, giving me 3 mana for the next turn.

And I won this match.

Luckily I had an egg and a creeper out on the board, so I was still left with a 4/4 and 2 1/1s. Earth shock the van cleef, flametongue totem and sack everything into the questing. Flametongue died. Turn 6 fire elemental, turn 7 spirit wolves/flame tongue/totem. Turn 8 bloodlust for 29 damage, plus a lightning bolt thrown in for good measure. Survive with 4 hp.

ZOMG Shaman OP plssss nerf Blizz!!!!

No seriously well done :)

Minsc

Gold Member
Nothing like playing Mages in Arena as Rogue with no backstabs or eviscerate, just cold bloods (that's the least of my worries tho, I never get any good rogue cards haven't once gotten an Agent)...

Turn 1: Mana Wrym.
My Turn 1: Defias Ringleader
Turn 2: Arcane Missiles (clears both the 2/2 and 2/1), Mirror Image, to the face for 3.

That's basically game over there (on turn 2!), but he had another mirror image for his turn 3 bringing the wyrm up to 4/3 behind 4 taunts. Of course by the time I stabilize the board of the taunts he's got Water Elementals, and fireball in hand, and I'm at around 10 health, so there's absolutely 0 chance. I drafted a ton of low cost things too, but even that 2/1 charge guy couldn't save me in time.

Just can't win sometimes, it's really brutal when you don't draft any class spells to hit creatures behind taunts like Mana Wyrm in Arena.

ShinNL

This deck does way better than it should.

l8OEWSN.jpg

Actually beating Zoo and Druid almost every game with it.

The only reason it's doing so well is because it's a curve slightly higher than Zoo (thus giving you more burst potential) and still too fast for a Druid too handle. If the meta actually had variety, aka more Control Paladins with heals, then a deck like this shouldn't work.

And Harvest Golem >>>> Wolves. Actually allows me to play 4 drops to gain much more tempo than wolves would.

And those eggs man. They're destroying people :O

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So my goal to get 700g from 0 for naxx worked out at getting 640, with just completing quests, seems reasonable a more active player could do it then.

Tacitus_

All right, this was fucking hilarious. I was against a control warrior as zoo and he tried a desperation move not to die next turn, wild pyro + whirlwind. Too bad that the whirlwind killed bunch of my guys and my knife juggler killed his pyro in the ensuing mass throwing :lol

Xanathus

turns out the grind to legendary ain't worth my time and I'm satisfied with rank 1

As someone who stopped at rank 1 at one of the earlier seasons and then had to grind all the way back to get legend, you should push forward and get legendary. You will regret it in the future if you decide to try getting legend again.

Violet_0

Banned
As someone who stopped at rank 1 at one of the earlier seasons and then had to grind all the way back to get legend, you should push forward and get legendary. You will regret it in the future if you decide to try getting legend again.

yeah I'll give it another go later maybe, I've been going back and forth between rank 1 and 2 for hours now and I will probably lose my sanity if see another rogue, warlock or hunter

Tacitus_

What's the point of getting to legendary tho? I just made it to rank 5 today and I play ladder only for dailies. Bragging rights? The card back?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its interesting that the community has a chance to remake the meta when Loatheb comes, it wotn kill Miracle rogue but it will dent it. Maybe it will force them to place silence?

Bs13aIsCIAArMiv.png

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Don't think that can be silenced. It's like a world enchantment. Unless it's an effect that stays on the card throughout the next turn? Wouldn't make sense.. At the worst it requires a 2 mana owl I guess. I just think once it's played that's that.

Its interesting that the community has a chance to remake the meta when Loatheb comes, it wotn kill Miracle rogue but it will dent it. Maybe it will force them to place silence?

Bs13aIsCIAArMiv.png

Silence won't do anything to Loatheb, as I'm an expert mentioned. Once he is put into play, that's it, spells cost 5 more mana and that cannot be undone until a turn has passed.

Been playing stupid priests dropping their injured blade master while I have a nerubian egg or argent squire on field. Last match I had AS, injured blade master turn 3... no circle of healing, and DID on the AS for free kill.

Next turn he played an earthen ring farseer... guess what... another DID! That 1 mana argent squire took out 2 cards and 6 mana's worth, and still did 1 face damage.

Bs13aIsCIAArMiv.png

Silence does nothing since it is a battlecry like millhouse manastorm except detrimental.

It will force rogue to plan ahead to survive for 2 rounds in case loatheb drops. Perhaps even have pre-existing board presence to deal with it since that 5 damage will often lead to their deaths. It'll be very very hard to combo out an eviscerate for 5 damage, thalnos + eviscerate costing 9 mana to do!

Close matches (many many miracle matches end up very close and much closer than you'd think looking at the hp values) will be turned into miracle losses when this card is played.

I can tell you right now it is going to be a pain in the ass in druid decks cause turn 8 they will loatheb + healing touch. Turn 9 FON + SR along with loatheb being 5/5 it brings their combo up to 21 damage.

And it will be next to impossible to kill the druid or loatheb on turn 8 due to loatheb's effect + the heal or taunt they drop alongside it.

Mr Cola

I suppose then they could run that new minion that makes battlecrys cost two more?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
In which case they always have to save evis and a combo card or pray there's something to suicide it into. Either way it limits their mana which is hopefully a good fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom