• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already had both of these:
Hearthstone_Screenshot_7_29_2014_08_35_2.jpg

Zafir

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80213-spartycus-doomsday-warlock

A playable Warlock that isn't Zoo or Handlock, can it really be true? Having a ton of fun with it at the moment, Jaraxxus + Twisting Nether in the same deck = laughs.
I've been seeing Jeraxxus quite a bit, but it wasn't that deck. Seemed like a handlock that just happened to take Twisting Nether and Jeraxxus.

In other news, Freeze Mage seems like it'll be good against Noth the Plaguebringer Heroic since it doesn't have many mobs to die and cause 5/5s to spawn.

Tacitus_

Seems like it's dancing time with the minions. Fucked up my argus placement :|

E: TWICE
and the 2nd would've messed up my lethal calculations if I didn't have more dmg in my hand

I thought so too at first, but the synergy is surprisingly high.

The gurubashi seem a bit out of place, unlike mage who can ping them every turn or priest who can heal them up(and unlike enrages they keep the dmg), not too sure what's the point. You can mortal coil them, pyro+spell or dread infernal after playing them but it's like super situational for a card that otherwise kinda sucks. I guess you eat them with void terror? But only one terror so meh.

Also seems low on threats if you get a control matchup. It's a very control deck but with your biggest threat being a single buffed void terror(which can be silenced or just removed), how do you even win against any other control deck?

Starting playing the game consistently last month. Made rank ten.

This month languished in rank 13/14 with my cobbled together Mage and Druid decks getting wrecked by net decks.

Made a zoo deck this morning. Kicking butt. I'm now part of the problem. I'm sorry.

Cipherr

Nothing like playing Mages in Arena as Rogue with no backstabs or eviscerate, just cold bloods (that's the least of my worries tho, I never get any good rogue cards haven't once gotten an Agent)...

Turn 1: Mana Wrym.
My Turn 1: Defias Ringleader
Turn 2: Arcane Missiles (clears both the 2/2 and 2/1), Mirror Image, to the face for 3.

That's basically game over there (on turn 2!), but he had another mirror image for his turn 3 bringing the wyrm up to 4/3 behind 4 taunts. Of course by the time I stabilize the board of the taunts he's got Water Elementals, and fireball in hand, and I'm at around 10 health, so there's absolutely 0 chance. I drafted a ton of low cost things too, but even that 2/1 charge guy couldn't save me in time.

Just can't win sometimes, it's really brutal when you don't draft any class spells to hit creatures behind taunts like Mana Wyrm in Arena.

Maybe thats why people go to such extreme lengths to kill my mana wyrms. I have seen people play some seriously high value removal cards on a wyrm and Im just like
WsJ9VUu.png
Oooooooooooooookay? I do play a lot of spells though, but the worms only have 3 HP so I never really get them beyond 5HP before I use them for a great trade on a stronger minion of theirs anyway.

see5harp

What is "priest exploit"? Just had someone add me after a ranked game win and after I added and typed gg, he responded with "seriously I'm gonna get you banned. so sick of the priest exploit, especially in ranked."

Dude then blocked before I could even respond. What the hell is dude talking about? I'm literally playing on the toilet at work on an iPad and basically play without any research. What a baby. Oh dude's name is Rainheart. Is there any way this idiot can actually get me banned for getting a ranked win fair and square?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
What is "priest exploit"? Just had someone add me after a ranked game win and after I added and typed gg, he responded with "seriously I'm gonna get you banned. so sick of the priest exploit, especially in ranked."

Dude then blocked before I could even respond. What the hell is dude talking about? I'm literally playing on the toilet at work on an iPad and basically play without any research. What a baby. Oh dude's name is Rainheart. Is there any way this idiot can actually get me banned for getting a ranked win fair and square?
You must be new to the internet. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Xater

Just ignore him and move on with your life. Nothing will happen.

see5harp

You must be new to the internet. Welcome and enjoy your stay.

I literally do nothing except play the daily challenges on breaks. I literally play blind so getting a win in ranked is like a nice surprise. All I know is that mage has flamestrike and warriors have weapons.

Water

Won't this get stomped by zoo?

No, at least until Naxxramas the token mage deck has been even or had a slight edge on zoo. I have played 20 matches against zoos at rank 4-5 with exactly 50% winrate, I'm sure a good player would have done better. Only a couple of those matches were against new zoos (with eggs and spiders). Those have also gone 50% so far. At least in theory the mage deck has some advantages against new zoo, like slowing down Egg openers with Mirror Images. Either the buffed Egg fails to break, or it fails to kill an actual minion if Power Overwhelmed is used.

Tacitus_

Allright, what the fuck. What kind of deck plays molten giants in a rogue? Caught me by complete surprise. Managed to deal with both of them getting taunted... until he brewed the protector back and retaunted the silenced giant.
What the hell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't make bring out the Vanish.

Because I will bring out the Vanish.

(Also, I'm already running Ambusher in my Miracle Shell so Spectral Knight is whatever.)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Playing shaman is soul crushingly boring and awful

frequency

And this is why you mulligan away Soulfire.

I would say that's more a lesson on not being so conservative with Soulfire. Soulfire a 3/2 if you have to. Even a 2/1 to protect your own 3/2. The tempo advantage is important for Zoo.

Mulliganing away Soulfire and not drawing it when you need it is more harmful than making it to turn 5+ somehow with nothing worth Soulfiring (I find it hard to believe you truly made it to turn 5+ with nothing worth Soulfiring though).

Strider

This is myday so far...

Decks faced:

zoo. zoo. zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo zoo

*crafts anti-zoo deck*

Handlock

I need a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom