• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water

I recently found Antonidas in a pack.
Would anyone kindly suggest a good deck with him? I remember reading here about a freeze mage variant with Antonidas (possibly instead of Alex? I don't have it).

Hearthpwn is blocked at work (-__- ) , so pls don't link there...

The token aggro mage I've been playing, from DuckWingFace, is pretty fun. This is the latest version:
cMY4pwel.png

Guide:
http://www.liquidhearth.com/blogs/456652-a-guide-to-duckwingfaces-mage-deck

In which case they always have to save evis and a combo card or pray there's something to suicide it into. Either way it limits their mana which is hopefully a good fix.

They don't even run cards low enough mana to combo eviscerate lol... since eviscerate costs 7 mana under loatheb's power, what are they gonna combo with? They have 3 mana at most to make a combo. They run ERF, SI7 agent, and bloodmage thalnos. 5 cards and granted they have to be at 10 mana to combo 4/5 possible cards in their decks being ran now.

Xanathus

What's the point of getting to legendary tho? I just made it to rank 5 today and I play ladder only for dailies. Bragging rights? The card back?
Yeah just those two. It's like getting a kinda difficult achievement in a game except people can see you have it. I also like to think it intimidates your opponent in arena.

ShinNL

Holy shit. I just beat a Handlock and Druid with... DUN DUN DUNNNN

A Giants Shaman :D

RKHqqFP.jpg

Dat double Ancestral Spirit Earth Elemental (Ancestral Spirit was Farsighted so it was put down in 1 turn with faceless)

Decklist here (still in tweaking progress but seems effective :D)

I can tell you right now it is going to be a pain in the ass in druid decks cause turn 8 they will loatheb + healing touch. Turn 9 FON + SR along with loatheb being 5/5 it brings their combo up to 21 damage.

And it will be next to impossible to kill the druid or loatheb on turn 8 due to loatheb's effect + the heal or taunt they drop alongside it.

The best way to counter that is to play Loatheb on your Turn 8, cancelling out their Turn 9 FON + SR combo.

Haunted

RNGesus isn't with me, I think the only class legendaries I'm missing are those of the three classes I always play (Paladin, Shaman, Druid).

Well, and Priest, but fuck priests.

The best way to counter that is to play Loatheb on your Turn 8, cancelling out their Turn 9 FON + SR combo.

Well definitely, the best use of loatheb against druid will be that... or with a big enough board to protect against aoe removal or even FON removal.

I think even a brewmaster deck could come into play with things like that. Repaying 5 mana to lock an opponent down another turn... I could see that.

CoolOff

I ran Antonidas in some midrange netdeck with Kirin Tor Mages, Ethereal Arcanists, double Ice Block and double Counterspell. Worked pretty well, gonna rebuild it when Mad Scientists are released.

Since servers are down, I'll share what I have on my new board control rogue deck:

bc_rogue.png

I didn't think si7 agent hitting my own nerubian egg would ever be good but then again there are times where it actually is a better play, especially vs priests and druids who have nothing on board on turn 5. So turn 5 I get 4/4 and a 3/3 for 5 mana. 7/7 worth of stats is definitely something you can't quite do with 5 mana afaik in any other deck.

This deck feels old school with a new school twist. It reminds me of the days when midrange rogue was popular due to ssc + DID + DOA being so good. But now with nerubian egg, cold blood, black knight, and well since it is about board control, I figured ragnaros would often get value but he is still a card I am undecided on. Same thing with assassin's blade. I swear, every time I actually manage to get deadly poison on that thing while in favorable position, someone has ooze already lined up. I could not see ooze for 100 games and the moment I play assassin's blade with deadly poison, it is there.

Tacitus_

Yet it's the only thing you'll ever get for being good at ranked....

In any scenario, Arena is better value for your time.

Yeah, which I only do ranked for dailies. I'm just not doing arena for now until I've gotten enough gold to buy all wings of Naxx for gold.

frequency

Speaking of top 16, did Trump just totally give up on that? Last time I went into his stream he was doing some free rogue deck or something.

oupi

WEC Hearthstone World Cup EU qualifiers didn't have that awesome games last weekend but I'm still looking forward for the NA qualifiers. Here is the player list:
NA Invited Players:
Amaz
Strifecro
Realz
Tidesoftime
Alchemixt
Reynad
Brad
Firebat

Kettch

Decided to dump my imp master for a harvest golem. I liked the extra tokens, but I think staying power just has more value overall for bloodlust. The imps are worse against zoo because of little power and miracle because of fan of knives as well, which are the two most common match-ups still.

Started off in the 600s of legend. Now I'm up to 380. Hopefully I can get higher tomorrow before the new cards change everything up again.

Alrus

WEC Hearthstone World Cup EU qualifiers didn't have that awesome games last weekend but I'm still looking forward for the NA qualifiers. Here is the player list:
NA Invited Players:
Amaz
Strifecro
Realz
Tidesoftime
Alchemixt
Reynad
Brad
Firebat

Amaz is playing so we can expect some insane RNG and top decks.

Yeah he gave up, he also failed to qualify for some other tournament a few days ago.

I think the thing that's hurting him is that he often plays not to lose instead of playing to win. which is great for arena and okay for laddering but not very good in a tourney setting. I think once all of the naxx cards are out and the games become more focused on board control rather than stalling the game out so you can burst your opponent down in a single turn he'll do a lot better.

Bizazedo

I think the thing that's hurting him is that he often plays not to lose instead of playing to win. which is great for arena and okay for laddering but not very good in a tourney setting. I think once all of the naxx cards are out and the games become more focused on board control rather than stalling the game out so you can burst your opponent down in a single turn he'll do a lot better.

Pretty much. That charge has been leveled at Trump before and nothing better exemplified it then he was trying to play Miracle Rogue. Was just too risky for him it seemed.

I doubt Deathlord specifically would kill Miracle Rogue, in fact it might lead to hilarious stuff like getting a free Leeroy on the board without whelps.

I really depends on the situation. If they do get a free Leeroy, but can't do anything else with him that turn, then that sucks a lot because all you need is two damage. Especially if that's they're only charge card / lethal set up. Of course, they could also get an Auctioneer way early, and prep into a Conceal. It just matters what is in their hands and how much mana they have used. I really don't think it'll be that big of a deal anymore because I think more rogues are running the Tempo Miracle rather than the full on miracle. (I could be wrong here, I don't know for sure.)

I feel like Deathlord might even been good against a Druid. Just think if you get one of their Choose One minions. Of course, most of those have big bodies, so it'll still be a pain to deal with, but better off that than taunt and card draw.

I doubt Deathlord specifically would kill Miracle Rogue, in fact it might lead to hilarious stuff like getting a free Leeroy on the board without whelps.
Or hilarious stuff like Van Cleef as a 2/2
Or a stealth-less gagdetzan
Or a Earthen Ring Farseer with no healing
Or a wasted SI-7 Agent

I finally got around to beating the heroic bosses last night and I used handlock against anub. His first deathlord pulled out a faceless manipulator. It was pretty funny.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NAXX SOON? LOATHEB HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

Haunted

I think Hearthstone is at a point where being a popular streamer isn't enough to be considered a top player anymore.

Many people have strategic minds, so at this point, if you're not building competitive decks yourself, the differentiating factor will be how practised you are in all of your matchups and figuring out strategies that aren't public knowledge yet. Trump is playing a lot, but it's often in Arena or his with his competitively non-viable F2P decks, and he's generally streaming most of his time with the game, so it's obvious that, while still very good, he can't be at the very top of the competitive game as well.

Which I think is perfectly fine by him and his sponsors.

Haunted

I don't know if Loatheb will really change the meta, it's a guaranteed one-turn delay against Miracle Rogue, kinda like Ice Block is for Mage - but is that really all that's needed to secure a win against Miracle Rogue? I know sometimes it's "who gets his combo first?" with Druid burst etc, but still.

I don't know if Loatheb will really change the meta, it's a guaranteed one-turn delay against Miracle Rogue, kinda like Ice Block is for Mage - but is that really all that's needed to secure a win against Miracle Rogue? I know sometimes it's "who gets his combo first?" with Druid burst etc, but still.

one turn is huge that late in the game. and it should free you up to kill the auctioneer.

there's obviously going to be a lot of experimenting with it. and since the effect is a battlecry we might see rogue and druid pick up the weblord. who knows.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Wait this week's nax wing is coming out in the middle of the night for NA? Booooooo

Was thinking I'd get to try out unstable ghoul and loatheb tonight.

Jenenser

I finally got around to beating the heroic bosses last night and I used handlock against anub. His first deathlord pulled out a faceless manipulator. It was pretty funny.

first try against him was with shaman, ofc he obliterated me.
after that i made a deck specially against him. well, forgont to pick the deck and tought, "F**k lets see how far it will get" (was my control warrior)
turn 4 i killed the deathlord with execute and it summonned my deathwing.
game was over turn 8... damn that was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom