• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
0-3 the dream!

And there goes $65 on top of that! Ask me if I give a flying shit. Speaking of shits, I'm gonna go and take one now and while I'm doing that, everytime my shit reaches the water, I'll think of the performance of the paladin class.

Ultrabum

0-3 the dream!

And there goes $65 on top of that! Ask me if I give a flying shit. Speaking of shits, I'm gonna go and take one now and while I'm doing that, everytime my shit reaches the water, I'll think of the performance of the paladin class.

Seems a bit extreme.

Druidstone. Hearthdruid. Druids of Druidcraft. Play some dudes and and then play treedudes and roar in savage nature.

You're starting to sound like the good ol' WoW forums. World of Magecraft / World of Roguecraft, etc.

Makes me wish there was a lobby chat or something. Would make the game more entertaining, for me anyway, if there was a Barrens / Trade-esc chat.

And face the other side of the town... Warlocksvania.

I think it does alright against zoo. some combination of freezing trap/unleash/houndmaster usually gets the job done. the thing with zoo is that if it gets good early draws very few decks can cope.

but mid-range hunter gives you good match ups against druid, shaman, mage and warrior and an okayish matchup against miracle rogue.

side note I actually had a warrior play onyxia against my yesterday and I couldn't buzzard/unleash because I would have burned like 4 cards. the nerve of some people.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOOOOOOOOW!

Guys!

I actually got to hit something (face!) with a Core Hound

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yoshichan

Did freeze with armor change or something? I remember you not being able to freeze your opponent if it hit armor... did that change?

This monthly ranked shit just favors fast decks like zoo too much.

At Legend win rate is much more important than match time. To get to Legend, win rate is really more important than match time.

It just so happens that when you get good win rate+short match time, that's pretty optimal.

zoukka

At Legend win rate is much more important than match time. To get to Legend, win rate is really more important than match time.

It just so happens that when you get good win rate+short match time, that's pretty optimal.

And the fast decks don't seem to suffer in terms of validity at all. Zoo is just as powerful as the most expensive control deck. And faster.

frequency

if too many people start playing the same deck then other people will start playing the counter to that deck. the meta gently undulates day to day as a result.

Zafir

miracle rogue/freeze mage/taunt druid for zoo and control paladin (or maybe even shockadin)/handlock/miracle again for druid should work as soft counters

Have the cards for none of those, sigh. :(

I've been playing Shaman and I have won, but it's just so luck dependent that it's kind of unlikely. Even with Storm thanks to death rattles it's just so hard to clear their board. You need a good start really.

Violet_0

Banned
Have the cards for none of those, sigh. :(

I've been playing Shaman and I have won, but it's just so luck dependent that it's kind of unlikely. Even with Storm thanks to death rattles it's just so hard to clear their board. You need a good start really.

shaman is pretty bad against zoo, at least in my opinion. An early lightning storm without minions on board will most likely just lose you the game

I want to know how their matchmaking works. I keep getting paired with people who have 5+ legendaries in their deck. I don't have a single legendary bar Maexxna. Fucking impossible to win with such a disadvantage.

I want to know how their matchmaking works. I keep getting paired with people who have 5+ legendaries in their deck. I don't have a single legendary bar Maexxna. Fucking impossible to win with such a disadvantage.

constructed is based on your rank, obviously. casual is based on a complicated hidden rating that is determined by your win/lose rate factored by the ratings of your opponents.

also, legendaries aren't automatic win cards. as you can see on this page zoo is a rather powerful deck and it runs 0 of them.

Yoshichan

mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage mage

Boring yet?

Imagine everytime you read "mage", that's a 10 minute game against them in arena.

No idea what zoo is guys. Legendaries certainly feel like an instant win. Three of them played in a row last turn. Taunt, divine shield, death rattle: get a 5/3 weapon. Then one with a deathrattle to respawn after death. Then one to fucking blast my health down to 15 from 30. FUCKING ridiculous.

Vodh

No idea what zoo is guys. Legendaries certainly feel like an instant win. Three of them played in a row last turn. Taunt, divine shield, death rattle: get a 5/3 weapon. Then one with a deathrattle to respawn after death. Then one to fucking blast my health down to 15 from 30. FUCKING ridiculous.

To be completely fair, I agree. Playing Alextrasza, Tirion and Cairne on the same turn does seem like cheating...

Wait, I guess it can be done... 2 alarm-o-bots?

Zafir

I've not got any legendaries and got one win off rank 4, so you definitely don't need it. Not that any more courtesy of a lot of zoo's. :(

shaman is pretty bad against zoo, at least in my opinion. An early lightning storm without minions on board will most likely just lose you the game
Well yeah you have to wait a bit. The unfortunate issue is, by the time you have waited, you've often lost too much health or ran out of cards keeping up so they can still win. Like top decking a doom or soul fire. =/

Strider

They only feel OP bc you dont have the experience to know they're coming. Once you play a bit and get used to what cards will be coming from which decks you plan for the legendaries ahead of time and can deal with them appropriately when they are played.

Violet_0

Banned
20140722233620a0duez99yvolz4pz.jpg
http://2p.com/7864136_1/Hearthstone-Reynads-Naxx-Zoo-Warlock-Deck-With-Coach-Video-by-flord.htm

use at your own risk

Yoshichan

And what exactly is the risk here?

Vodh

No idea what zoo is guys.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/44560-reynad-zoo-warlock

That's the basic idea. It's pretty much one of the most dominating decks around these days.

As for legendaries, would be no fun to earn them if they didn't do jack. Still, vast majority of actually good decks don't use more than 2-4 of them. And, as evidenced by the zoo, there are really devastating decks that don't even run them.

Welcome to CCGs.

zoo is a warlock deck that has a bunch of efficient minions, none of which cost more than 5 mana. you win by putting a ton of them onto the board and overwhelming your opponent.

also cards like tirion and cairne are easily defeated by cards like hex or polymorph or a silence and efficient trading.

alexstraza is what lets a lot of control decks work because the spend so much of the early game removing minions they can't get any face damage in. if you're ahead on board by turn 9 that card isn't going to swing things too much.

that being said queueing up for constructed is a crap shoot because you never know what you're going to get and some of the time it's just going ng to be a hard counter to your deck.

Yoshichan

There... there are coconuts I can click on to make them fall in one of these stages? And here I was, thinking I knew every clickable thing... wow.

Strider

But yea there's nothing I hate more than that Naxx Zoo deck right now. Nerubian Egg is just a giant fuck you to my consecrations :(

frequency

I know we all like to downplay Legendaries here but certain Legendaries do have really good value and could start turning a game around. You could play around them or come out of it alright if you have enough experience but it's hard to overcome the advantage sometimes, especially as a newer player.

Yoshichan

I AM ON MUMBLE

JOIN ME PEOPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom