• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iryx

Finished up Plague Wing, the normals were pretty easy and the class challenges were much better than the spider wing ones.
For the Heroics I went with three different types of priest decks.
Noth was easy with a Divine Spirit/Inner Fire gimmick deck, and Heigan I beat with a pretty normal contructed priest.
I had lots of issues with Loatheb on the other hand, not drawing Shadow Word Pain/Doomsayer in the first five cards were pretty much instant loss, my final deck was pretty much a straight up heal/stall deck to basically outlast his cards, since I dont think he has any card draw whatsoever and just survive until the tide shifts.

Woo, my best pack yet! Just wish i didnt craft a Pyroblast last week :(

10533873_10204617367500635_5689238367538541050_o.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That is crazy...

Neki

Went from 5 to Legend with control pally, yay! Thanks Kolento! I managed to get lucky and avoid zoo and miracle on all my rank 1 wins.

xTBVZWI.png

That was the variation of the Kolento deck list I used

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: fuck yes, FINALLY!

Grats Neki!!!

Anilusion

WTF, bought the wing for gold, it loaded like forever so I went afk. I come back and I've been disconnected. Restart the game, I have 700 less gold but the wing is still locked and asks me to pay for it again.

GG

Kenaras

Is it better to use my gold on the new wing or just buy all four with real money?

If you plan to spend real money on anything, Naxx offers the best value. In other words, don't spend gold for Naxx and then spend real money on packs or Arenas. Only spend gold on Naxx if you're not planning to spend any real money at all.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I have on my board an argent commander with flametongue totem and a healing totem. I'm up against a priest, and he decides to Holy Fire my face to bring himself to 24 health.

Big mistake.

Attack with argent commander and healing totem to deal 8 damage. He's down to 16.

Squeeze Leeroy next to the flametongue totem and cast windfury.

And GG.

Yoshichan

And now EU servers seem to be down or something.

The amount of rage inside me right now. It's actually unbelievable that I can still contain it without taking my fist and hammerslamming it through my computer screen along with everything I can find around me.

Heel

And now EU servers seem to be down or something.

The amount of rage inside me right now. It's actually unbelievable that I can still contain it without taking my fist and hammerslamming it through my computer screen along with everything I can find around me.

image.php

Yoshichan

Right, it's actually maintenance time. No wonder.

Whatever. Game still sucks, nothing is new here. And I really mean nothing. The meta is still the same and it will probably not change until Blizzard's sucked every dollar they can with this expansion. So we wait 5 weeks for the dollars to roll in at Blizz HQ - then we wait another 5 weeks or so for the players to adapt to the new cards - and THEN, and ONLY THEN, will we see different (and perhaps even FUN) playstyles.

But the current state of the game? Yeaaaaaah, let's just say I'd love to compare it to that one other Blizzard game that they managed to also fuck up... but I'll avoid that.

Heel

I really can't fault them for spreading the content across 5 weeks, especially knowing people would blow through it in one night and immediately start wondering what's next.

Neki

Right, it's actually maintenance time. No wonder.

Whatever. Game still sucks, nothing is new here. And I really mean nothing. The meta is still the same and it will probably not change until Blizzard's sucked every dollar they can with this expansion. So we wait 5 weeks for the dollars to roll in at Blizz HQ - then we wait another 5 weeks or so for the players to adapt to the new cards - and THEN, and ONLY THEN, will we see different (and perhaps even FUN) playstyles.

But the current state of the game? Yeaaaaaah, let's just say I'd love to compare it to that one other Blizzard game that they managed to also fuck up... but I'll avoid that.

Yeah I'm sure we would have thought Paladin and Rogue were viable decks at the beginning of Hearthstone's life, but here we are. The rise of Miracle rogue to the top of the meta along with Paladin actually being viable again. The meta's changed several times, the only two constants I'd say are Zoo and Druid, but even then, multiple versions of druids have popped up since the beginning of the game.

biaxident

Used the 5 dollar coupon to gamestop (through lionheart tactics on iphone) to buy a 20 dollar battle.net balance card. 4 wings for 15 bucks is pretty nice, and this way I can actually use my gold on packs or arena. Was a little disheartening playing so much and getting no cards/dust for weeks saving up for naxx lol.

Kettch

I had a 4 minute wait on "Waiting for authorization", but it finally went through. In case that happens to others, just let it keep going.

Xanathus

Great... it took my 700 gold but didn't unlock the wing for me. The reddit thread about this says I shouldn't try rebuying because it'll double charge me but won't give back the one of the charges.

Fox1304

I've got about 90€ in iTunes purchases for the wing and the pack I bought. Anybody know where I can fill a report/contest those purchases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom