• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
"waiting for authorization"
all day been trying for hours wtf is going on.

Do you have an iPad? I couldn't buy this on my PC all this morning. Hopped over to my iPad bought it on there (was instant, no issues). Then I jumped back on my PC and was good to go.

Violet_0

Banned
Well I don't stand a chance then. I still can't beat the last wing on Heroic. I've tried recommended decks, and often I just don't have the cards I needs to make the strategy work (I just started 3 weeks ago, and I don't have enough gold or dust), and haven't opened that many packs yet.

I almost feel like I need to drop $$$ to get 49 + packs lol. Jeez. Apart of it is that I kind of suck. Anyways, just beat this Wing on Normal (was really easy for me). On to the class challenges.

you can do the heroics with basic cards
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2c5c4x/back_again_this_time_with_the_plague_quarter_in/

btw, I've spent around $20 on this game in total and got nearly all the important cards by earning gold. It takes a long time though

Jrmint

So I just beath Heroic Noth with this minion-less Rogue deck. Was probably the most fun I had on a heroic fight, even though it took a few tries. I'm actually a little surprised how well it worked.

There was also this amazing play where Noth put down an Abom when I was at six health. I was one Headcrack away from winning when it was his turn. He hit with the Abomination, and then used Plague to kill it for six damage. Now that was amazing.
I like this idea a lot. Noth is also the one who uses the spell which gives you 2 cards right?

I wonder if it'd be worth putting a bloodmage in the deck for the final turn.

jrock

Do you have an iPad? I couldn't buy this on my PC all this morning. Hopped over to my iPad bought it on there (was instant, no issues). Then I jumped back on my PC and was good to go.
thanks for the tip but dont have an ipad. Giving up for the day.

Mononoke

Banned
you can do the heroics with basic cards
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2c5c4x/back_again_this_time_with_the_plague_quarter_in/

btw, I've spent around $20 on this game in total and got nearly all the important cards by earning gold. It takes a long time though

Thanks for the tip! This is exactly what I needed. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I'll try to tackle it again today using that guide.

I just finished the new wing on Normal + the Class challenges. Did all of it in about an hour (not counting breaks). Most of them I was able to do on my first try. I definitely feel this wing was easier than the last win (not counting Heroic).

EDIT: I wonder if someone has a similar guide for the first wing?

Double EDIT:

Here it is!

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2bkrlh/completed_the_arachnid_quarter_in_heroic_with/

Awesome, can't wait to tackle this today.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I can't believe that I'm still stuck in the infinite Waiting for Authorization loop. How long is it going to take then to fix this?

I guess I'm glad I prepaid for this last week. I was afraid something like this would happen.

I played last night to get the cards. I had to do hunter twice as RNGesus forsook me but overall it seemed easier than last week. I'll try the heroics tonight if I get time.

Has anyone here entered any tournaments? Thinking about signing up for a few, even though I don't have a lot of the good cards that are in top-played decks (no Leeroy, Force of Nature, Bloodmage, etc.). One of the tournaments allows only one deck for the whole tournament. I can only imagine all of the zoos!

pdog128

I'm a fairly new player, haven't opened a lot of cards yet. I've saved up 700 gold, though; should I buy the new wing or 7 packs?

Also, is there a guide to getting dust? I have no idea what's going on.

Boba2007

Just finished everything. Normal mode and the class challenges were much easier than the last wing, but the Heroic mode was harder.

Next week we get Spectral Knight! Game changing card in my opinion (at least for Arena).

pillowpants

Neo Member
So I pulled a golden Eaglehorn Bow from a pack today and noticed it's worth 800 dust. Should I disenchant? I don't really play a hunter but it just seems wrong to disenchant a golden rare...

Lyng

I just tried this. Purchase succeeded, however got a purchase failed imidiately after. So money is gone but wing not open. Ah well will just wait till blizz fixes it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I pulled a golden Eaglehorn Bow from a pack today and noticed it's worth 800 dust. Should I disenchant? I don't really play a hunter but it just seems wrong to disenchant a golden rare...

That's half a legendary or two epics.

Think about that.

I like this idea a lot. Noth is also the one who uses the spell which gives you 2 cards right?

I wonder if it'd be worth putting a bloodmage in the deck for the final turn.

That's Heigen sadly. You could put in a Thanos but I just didn't want to deal with ant 5/5s. After trying many different decks, I just figured out that Noth has nothing scary in his deck. outside of the 6/5s, but with sap/assassinate/vanish, nothing really becomes a problem.

This is why I wish Heroic bosses gave a boatload of experience on the first time you kill them, per class. It would allow you to make different class decks, and give you the opportunity to find different ways to defeat them.

Heel

Get the 800 dust while you still can, knowing you can always use that dust to craft that same golden rare, any other golden rare, or anything else at any time.

Violet_0

Banned
you know what can ruin a nice arena run with Cairne and Ysera?

Faceless Manipulator -> Ysera's Awakening -> Force of Nature -> Savage Roar

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ive had 3 mages now make 6 Kirin Tor Mages, quite a sight, free spells for days

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok I'm back

Has the meta changed yet?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ok I'm back

Has the meta changed yet?

Duplicate is everywhere on mages and is either hilariously bad or quite powerful.

The spider on hunter is awesome

Still playing against mostly Warlock

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Druids

Are

Impossible

Gonna play in this tourney here
starts in like 10 mins
http://xfire.com/tournament/1578

100$ and a blizzcon qualifier spot for the winner

I'll probably start streaming when I get my first match
take note there will most likely be music playing and no talking this time around.
ill post back here when i put on the stream.

Yoshichan

GL EscapingJail! You can do it!

frequency

I see Trump switched to F2P Warlock (Zoo......) but is starting at rank 3. So he just continued where he quit with the Rogue I guess. Does that really count?

lasted 2 seconds. Stop playing music

mute the stream (or dont watch like you did lol) I had already said earlier I wasn't going to talk and play music. Either way I already lost LOL. Some odd games.

EDIT: after I eat dinner I'm gonna stream a new control warrior im working on in ladder games. assuming people still want to watch

Violet_0

Banned
can't believe I outlasted a miracle rogue with control warrior. Normally the match is pretty one-sided, but I somehow managed to stay at 30 health/armor when he had his last three cards (leeroy and 2x shadowstep) in hand

can't believe I outlasted a miracle rogue with control warrior. Normally the match is pretty one-sided, but I somehow managed to stay at 30 health/armor when he had his last three cards (leeroy and 2x shadowstep) in hand

you running loatheb? I think that's probably the key.

Xanathus

I see Trump switched to F2P Warlock (Zoo......) but is starting at rank 3. So he just continued where he quit with the Rogue I guess. Does that really count?
He's just PJSalt over losing like 8 games in a row but I don't blame him, the people still playing at high ranks are all playing with the best possible cards so its practically impossible to legend without an equivalent deck.

Yoshichan

This is so fucking weird.

7-1 with this SHITTY paladin deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom