• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

THREAD TITLE IS A DIRTY LIE

mute the stream (or dont watch like you did lol) I had already said earlier I wasn't going to talk and play music. Either way I already lost LOL. Some odd games.

EDIT: after I eat dinner I'm gonna stream a new control warrior im working on in ladder games. assuming people still want to watch
I saw the Druid vs Rogue game, rough match.

I still can't fucking unlock Naxx. This is ridiculous. I am never giving this game a fucking cent.
Relax, I'm sure Blizzard engineers are hard at work to fix this.

hard. at. work.

fue76v9.gif

TomServo

Watching some WoW Naxxramas for old time's sake.

Check them out if you are interested to see where the bosses come from or just for some good old nostalgia. Went with Tankspot's videos because they are chill.

I actually enjoyed that raid tier. Three drake Sartharion is still my favorite fight in WoW - I still remember the first time we downed that one after struggling with it for weeks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fucking double savage roar bullshit preventing me from 8-1. Fucking druasoiuhfsaoifhosahfsafoiasfoisahfohsaofhasoifh

Mononoke

Banned
I just tried this. Purchase succeeded, however got a purchase failed imidiately after. So money is gone but wing not open. Ah well will just wait till blizz fixes it.

That's terrible. I feel bad suggesting this now. =/

My friend was having issues buying on PC, and was able to buy it using my iPad too. But it sucks you got shafted.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
9-2! Come oooooon, the dream :D

lol not gonna happen

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So I spent 700 gold and the authorization didn't go through and the wing is still closed. Known issue?
I've been waiting for Authorization since 7:30 A.M.

I think this is just a way for Blizzard to try and get people to spend real money instead of gold

Yoshichan

Last week when I brought my 4x water elemental mage to 10 wins, I never thought I'd live to see the day happen again... surely this must be a dream!

10-2 so far! (Paladin)

Yoshichan

10-3 the dream is dead :(

I have so much anger in my right now... dunno how to release it all without either

1: destroying $200 of equipment or
2: getting banned on GAF or
3: friend invite the asshole and get banned on Battle.net

Special C

I promised myself I would come up with my own deck to beat the heroics and I'm proud of myself for beating Noth with this deck on the first try! I don't know if I got lucky on that run or not but here it is

lHqZRhG.png

Basically you have a huge supply of damage with Eaglehorn. The Hero power helps too. I have a couple of Arcane Golem and Leroy for burst at the end but I didn't end up using them. The Tigers and Assassin's can survive 2 aboms Wait until you have lethal to use your stealth guys.

I finished him off with A Tiger, Assassin, and Kill Command.

Like I said maybe I got lucky but it worked. I didn't have to deal with the deathrattle that kills my weapon. That would have likely mucked things up a bit.

Paches

Just had my first 12 win arena. Woohoo! Did it with mage, naturally, but didn't get any frostbolts or pyros, just 1 fireball, but has 2 flamestrikes. Lots of 2 and 4 drops and a couple big guys (2 boulderfist ogres and a stormwind champ). Felt good.

biaxident

Now that was an epic Heroic noth fight, wow.
I decided to try warrior, with all weapons, and only 6 minions, the big chargers. 2 times in a row I have lethal and he pops ice block and I lose. Same thing happened and I raged, then I realized he fatigued (was at 2, 2nd time to draw) and I won. Freakin insane lol.

I've been waiting for Authorization since 7:30 A.M.

I think this is just a way for Blizzard to try and get people to spend real money instead of gold

Yeah. Happened to me earlier today. Spent the 700 gold and it went to waiting for authorization for 5 minutes, I quit out of there, come back and no gold and no wing.

Sent blizzard a ticket. I hope it's fixed by tonight but more realisitically it'll be tomorrow.

Boba2007

I don't know what happened, I thought this deck was complete trash.

The reward was 480 gold (wow) and of course a pack. I've already managed to basically earn back what I payed for Naxx today.

Oh, and congrats Paches! A good day for Arenas I suppose. Must be all the noobs playing because of Naxx.

biaxident

These heroics are way tougher for sure than first wing. Reminds me of going into a raid without reading the fight, making adjustments for every wipe lol. Not sure how people said they did zoo for all 3 heroic bosses and took only a few tries. Heigan wipes my zoo out by turn 5. Priest with wells turn 6 lol.

Yoshichan

Oh, and congrats Paches! A good day for Arenas I suppose. Must be all the noobs playing because of Naxx.

Grats. Wish I could've joined you guys... but nooooooo, had to fucking lose to a stupid warrior at 10 wins.

Yoshichan

Loatheb sees you, Freeze Mage. What's your plan now?

(This card is everything I dreamed it would be. I hate Freeze Mages.)

SOOOOOOOOOO good.

Cipherr

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS FUCK ZOO!

Been wrecking them all day. Not just Zoo Locks either, Fucking Pallies and druids and all of them bastards playing 1/2/3 card minions the whole game.

FML I love the duplicate secret for my mage. I get tremendous value when they have to trade 3 minions into a Yeti only to suicide their minions and give me 2 more copies of a great card into my hand
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This cant be life man.... toss in the minion that boosts battlecry minion costs, and these guys are getting wrecked. FUCK ZOO!

johnsmith

remember me
Ugh. I drafted the worst shaman deck in the world. No lightning bolts, no weapons, no fire elementals, no hexes. 28 creatures, a lightning storm, and a bloodlust. If I can get to 3 wins I'll consider myself lucky.

Now I don't know how cool you'll find this but it was damn amazing for me. Anyway a little backstory. I haven't played HS much, got it when it was released to the public a few months ago and played it for a few hours, I stopped playing and only picked it up again on the release of Naxxaramas.

Every arena run has ended as more or less a failure, the highest I ever achieved was 3 wins. Now earlier today I started a new run as a Paladin and quickly went down 0-2. (Also just before this I lost a Druid arena 0-3) Switched it off at the second loss and thought I should resign myself to simply playing ranked. Just two hours ago I thought I should finish this arena and just lose 0-3 again and leave it at that.

Anyway played a match and I won it, "Thats nice" I thought, at least there is a little consolation. To my surprise I won another, then another and then another, until finally it ended like this.

SCo7dGMl.png

I don't know whether I am lucky or what (you guys will tell me if my card picking skills were terrible or not) but it feels damn good anyway.

Yoshichan

Ok so I'm out. Today's arena stats:

Mage - 7-3
Paladin - 10-3
Druid - 4-3
Mage - 7-3

GG. G'night yall! Fun on Mumble today as well :)

Miletius

And done. That was way more satisfying than Wing 1.

Went Mage, Priest, Druid for the bosses.

For Noth, it was pretty standard freeze mage. Was pretty epic, I even had to use Alexstraza on myself to stabilize and top decked a frost bolt for the final kill.

Heigan is basically uber warlock so I focused on board clears and just keeping high power minions on the left.

Loethab was tough. I just tried to focus on keeping myself alive, and my minions alive too. Healing Touch x2, Earthenring Farseer x 2, AofLore x1, Darkscale Healer x1. Then I just used minions that had either Divine Shield or had really good health for cost.

Agrent Squire + Moonfire on turn one is way OP.

Now I don't know how cool you'll find this but it was damn amazing for me. Anyway a little backstory. I haven't played HS much, got it when it was released to the public a few months ago and played it for a few hours, I stopped playing and only picked it up again on the release of Naxxaramas.

Every arena run has ended as more or less a failure, the highest I ever achieved was 3 wins. Now earlier today I started a new run as a Paladin and quickly went down 0-2. (Also just before this I lost a Druid arena 0-3) Switched it off at the second loss and thought I should resign myself to simply playing ranked. Just two hours ago I thought I should finish this arena and just lose 0-3 again and leave it at that.

Anyway played a match and I won it, "Thats nice" I thought, at least there is a little consolation. To my surprise I won another, then another and then another, until finally it ended like this.

I don't know whether I am lucky or what (you guys will tell me if my card picking skills were terrible or not) but it feels damn good anyway.

grats bro

Kettch

Drafted this hilarious arena mage deck. All the kirin tors came up first, so I just took all the secrets after that. It's nice having +3 mana every turn.

kcCZJyil.jpg

zoukka

I haven't even unlocked Loatheb, but he looks like a dumb card going by the streams. Way too stronk and I hate cards that just auto-punish your opponent no matter what and without any chance of backfiring. Bad card design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom