• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to the zoo matchup now, because getting to drop an earth elemental + ancestral spirit on turn 7 and getting a concede never gets old

zoukka

Heh I saw a Warrior deck in Tides' stream do over 30 damage in one turn. Like way over 30. And you guys think Miracle is bad :b

Lyng

That's terrible. I feel bad suggesting this now. =/

My friend was having issues buying on PC, and was able to buy it using my iPad too. But it sucks you got shafted.

Turns out, while Itunes said the purchase was finished, no money was taken or reserved on my bank account. So no harm done. :)

IceMarker

Finally got to play Plague Quarter!

Is it just me, or are the Class Challenges getting even better? I'm having way to much fun with infinite Webspinners!

dk_

"Wating for Authorization" loop. I can't do anything on the iPad on my PC after relogging, restarting. This company is a joke!

FU Blizzard

"Wating for Authorization" loop. I can't do anything on the iPad on my PC after relogging, restarting. This company is a joke!

FU Blizzard

Same here. How is that even possible that something like this goes on for 36 hours?
The game is out of beta for a loooong time.

Xanathus

Sweet, unpacked a Ysera from a 5 win arena run where I got 130 gold. Wish I saved the screenshot. Too bad Ysera is too slow for most decks, maybe I'll plonk it in my Priest.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Does anyone know if you can still get your quest for the day if your queue is full and you clear it out a few minutes after the new quests get added? It used to be as long as you opened up some space within a half hour or so of when new quests were added you would get the lost quest the next day. With the changes recently I don't know if that still applies?

I finished off two quests 10 mins past the deadline. So close. I hate losing out on gold.

Acidote

I bought 40 packs last night with part the gold I had saved for Naxxramas and recorded it. Soon you'll be able to rejoice in my bad luck.

Spoiler alert: 40 packs 1 legendary, Illidan. Fuck this game.

Minsc

Gold Member
So, it's probably painfully obvious, but learning the hard way still sucks. Never, ever, ever kill a water elemental in Arena with an opposing mage with a secret out and that as their only creature. Duplicate 100% won the game for them (it didn't hurt he had the usual fireball, 4x frost bolt, blizzard, 2x cone of cold, ice lances, etc).

Mad Scientist isn't out yet. It's not a secret deck, I'm just using dupicate with some good value minions.

Yeah, I just remembered that. I was confused cause of the mage challenge.

But yeah, basically I am thinking about mirror entity + duplicate. I actually wouldn't say it is a secret deck, more along the lines of a high value board control deck like a midrange mage deck. I've always found the deck to run out of steam somewhat and I feel like duplicate could greatly help in that effort. Mirror entity is sometimes awesome and sometimes a waste of mana. But if I could get a mirror entity off of mad scientist, I think it could be worth it since people will have a hard time playing around it.

Lyng

Yeah, I just remembered that. I was confused cause of the mage challenge.

But yeah, basically I am thinking about mirror entity + duplicate. I actually wouldn't say it is a secret deck, more along the lines of a high value board control deck like a midrange mage deck. I've always found the deck to run out of steam somewhat and I feel like duplicate could greatly help in that effort. Mirror entity is sometimes awesome and sometimes a waste of mana. But if I could get a mirror entity off of mad scientist, I think it could be worth it since people will have a hard time playing around it.

Would also suddenly make the Kirin Tor mage interesting.

Special C

The Heroic AI really has a hard time dealing with hunter secrets. They don't know not to attack with their strongest minion first (Misdirection, Freeze Trap) and they don't know not to play minions before attacking (Explosive Trap).

Mordeccai

Man, arena is such bullshit sometimes. I just faced a priest who I was destroying the first handful of turns, but guy had the most RIDICULOUS draft. Hogger, Velen, Ysera, two mind controls, auchneai + circle of healing, this guy had it all.

Why can I never even get the chance at one legendary during the drafts :[

Wow learning to play around Duplicate is hard, especially if you don't have some sort of polymorph spell. Though giving a mage 2 frogs felt pretty good. Gave him 2 mountain giants earlier on because I didn't know that card was out, which lost me the game really badly. Not making that mistake again.

Just owl that shit.

Evidently Zoo players are extremely greedy (especially with the new eggs and spiders) and don't run owls, or atleast I haven't seen one do it for a long time.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
So, it's probably painfully obvious, but learning the hard way still sucks. Never, ever, ever kill a water elemental in Arena with an opposing mage with a secret out and that as their only creature. Duplicate 100% won the game for them (it didn't hurt he had the usual fireball, 4x frost bolt, blizzard, 2x cone of cold, ice lances, etc).

I forgot they had Duplicate too and killed their Sea Giant. Even worse.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And hereeeeeee we go! Morning ya'll!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2-0 with this ridiculously bad draft so far. Zero polys, zero fireballs. Let's see if I can make it to 5.

inky

It's 7 am and I don't even want to play it right now but I'm still checking it out of spite and it still doesn't work. Wonderful.

Just knowing it is going to be the same shit again in a few days (maybe they'll even find a different way to fuck it up) makes me a bit bitter, even though I'll beat the wing in about 1 hour like the last one, then just do something else, LOL.

Funny the small, irrelevant things that can tick one off.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't even play arena to wait for a fix. My guess is that Blizzard has no idea how to fix that issue.
Same. It's been 25 hours since I placed my order - and they can't seem to cancel it to allow me to place another one.

I opened a ticket and got a copy and paste response.

Bizazedo

So my wing purchase has been queued since yesterday morning. Think it'll be ready when I get home tonight?!

Heh I saw a Warrior deck in Tides' stream do over 30 damage in one turn. Like way over 30. And you guys think Miracle is bad :b

I did 137 damage in one turn as a Priest two days ago. The game didn't even stop, it went all the way into the negatives for the poor guy.

Minsc

Gold Member
So we still cant purchase the Naxx wing in NA? :( Damn I was hoping to get it today

I had the endless authorization problem wednesday morning, but when I tried it wednesday afternoon it worked fine, mostly. First try buying the wing gave an error, then tried it again right after and it worked fine for me, took the 700 gold and unlocked the wing.

Strider

Thanks for the responses. I'm gonna be paying with Gold and I was just worried it would accept the gold but not unlock the wing :/ I'll give it a try soon then since it seems ok now.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think as long as you don't have a pending purchase in your transaction history you can buy it now. But if you tried to yesterday and got 'Waiting for Authorization' you might be fucked.

Yoshichan

EU down or something? Got d/ced during arena and can't relog

Yoshichan

Bought wing 2 no problems :)

I'll probably wait a couple days just like I did this week for the next wings too... Just in case.

Mumble in like 10 minutes :D? Gonna eat real quick and then be on!

Everyone should totally join (for the 18741874th time!)

Yoshichan

Extremely basic question-time now!

I had 4000 gold, if I had bought packs, I would've gotten 40 packs.
I decided to play arena instead with all of it, let's say I average out 85 gold per run. How many more packs would I have "earned" compared to if I had just bought the stuff?

god, how fucking hard can it be to cancel all pending/queued orders and just let the people stuck in authorization rebuy the wing.
Isn't that like the most basic function of any payment system?

Do they even have coders and programmers, or is Blizzard just a bunch of artsy gamedesigners sipping their Lattes and code as a hobby on the side?
Rage intensifies ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom