• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet_0

Banned
Playing the Mage deck in the challenge mode makes me want to make a secret deck so badly and I want Baron Rivendare. Lol

btw, I *think* when Mad Scientist gets Duplicate with the deathrattle it triggers on the same turn. Pretty sure that happened in one of my games against the AI

My thoughts on naxxramas are this:

They were primarily aiming for a new way to introduce cards into the game. They weren't really aiming for full adventure mode and I feel like they accurately portrayed the experience naxxramas would be in the months coming up to this release.

And I think that is fine and I actually do like naxxramas and I don't mind that it is a rather small adventure. I think the new cards are way more important in any event.

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see a more fuller adventure in the future and I think they are open to that sort of thing based on interviews I have read.

They could make a completely separate adventure mode rpg where you pick a class and your hero levels up and earns cards, some of which would never be introduced into competitive mode, and you could even pick your hero power from a set and perhaps even level it up and you play a more traditional rpg.

I personally would love that. Naxxramas isn't that though, and I am okay with that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok then :mad:

I can't stand this game sometimes.

what are the class challenges this week? I haven't bought it yet because I don't have enough gold, but if the hunter challenge is out so I can get a hunter card I would totally pay real money for this wing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what are the class challenges this week? I haven't bought it yet because I don't have enough gold, but if the hunter challenge is out so I can get a hunter card I would totally pay real money for this wing.
Yup.

Hunter (really fun to play) and mage this week.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Well that killed a good 40 minutes. At first with the plague guy I was like what the fuck 75? But then I was like ooooohhhh. Hunter was hilarious. I thought Mage would be a little more chess-like but it was mostly just whatever to the face.

Rockyrock

still not up for NA? Yikes.

I couldn't get on yesterday (when I thought it was supposed to be released) but I thought for sure it would be playable by now....

still not up for NA? Yikes.

I couldn't get on yesterday (when I thought it was supposed to be released) but I thought for sure it would be playable by now....

I played it this morning just fine. make sure you're going into adventure mode to buy it. you can't buy individual wings in the store.

inky

Considering it just sits in "Waiting for Authorization" for me, no it isn't fine. Going by the time of my first post, I've been trying to buy it for at least 3 hours.

iNvid02

so this happened to me yesterday, under transactions on the battle.net website it showed as queued, eventually it changed to complete but in game it still hung on authorization. going to the naxx menu and clicking buy on the 2nd wing rather than going through the shop fixed it

Rockyrock

I played it this morning just fine. make sure you're going into adventure mode to buy it. you can't buy individual wings in the store.

tried multiple times and the "Breaking News" window is still up on my B.net client

Considering it just sits in "Waiting for Authorization" for me, no it isn't fine. Going by the time of my first post, I've been trying to buy it for at least 3 hours.

yep. People are assuming it works for everyone.

inky

That happened to me. I just closed it, waited a little while, then loaded the game back up and the wing was purchased and playable.

Well, I've done that several times and nothing happens. It took my coins and gave them back and the wing is still locked. I actually just let it sit there in the Waiting for Authorization screen for the past half hour too, reloaded and nothing.

Still not working.

SeanR1221

You will probably get crushed over and over until you get a few cards. I would recommend looking up trump's free to play decks. You can watch him play them all the way up to legend without spending real money.

You will also probably be stuck to one deck for a while.

Also, rank like 17 and below is way easier than casual mode in my experience.

You don't have to buy packs. I only paid 20 bucks like a month or two after playing personally. I still consider myself to be a f2p player since I unlocked pretty much everything on my own time and effort anyway.

Just learn arena and play it as often as you can. In arena it doesn't matter if you have only basic cards unlocked. And you'll earn way more dust, cards, and gold than in constructed anyway. It sort of is like the casual mode imo and once you learn it pretty well then you can move on to constructed. You'll also earn a ton of cards to make your constructed deck stronger.

Yeah this was my experience. But some people on the forums have said they were charged without getting the unlock so they are waiting for refunds. Kinda sucks but shit happens.

Don't worry, so long as you're low ranked you'll be fined towards the middle and end of most ranked seasons.

Cool thanks guys. I wanna unlock everyone on normal first and then make my way through expert before even touching online.

I'll be sure to ask you guys any questions :)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Webspinner adds that thoughsteal thrill to Hunter that makes the class fun to play :D

But not when you get a hungry crab and stonetusk :(

20 hours after release and I'm still stuck in the authorization loop of hell :(
How is it even possible to program a payment system that works like that ...

Mononoke

Banned
I actually found the first two bosses in the new wing even easier than the last 3. Breezed through them within 15 min. I know I know, Heroic mode would destroy me. I couldn't even do the last wing in Heroic, so I'm by no means bragging. I know I suck at this game lol

But damn, I just got to the third boss...75 health (not even Heroic). Gah damn. And his 2 power is 3 damage to my hero?

Any tips before I go in? I'm using a Mage Deck (I have pretty good Priest and Druid deck). I haven't played long enough to get the really legendary cards unfortunately. =/

Well that killed a good 40 minutes. At first with the plague guy I was like what the fuck 75? But then I was like ooooohhhh. Hunter was hilarious. I thought Mage would be a little more chess-like but it was mostly just whatever to the face.

Oh? Haven't started the match, does he do damage to himself or something?

Yoshichan

Violet_0

Banned
I've found heroic to be more difficult than the last wing, mainly because two of them start with minions on board and the first boss has a strong hero power that is hard to play around

Tacitus_

I've found heroic to be more difficult than the last wing, mainly because two of them start with minions on board and the first boss has a strong hero power that is hard to play around

I dunno, I just whipped out Trumps F2P shaman and put in a couple cards that were more suited for that matchup and won it in a couple of tries. All you need is removal that doesn't involve trading and shamans have a shitton of that. Any control deck would suffice I'm sure but I had that practically ready anyway.

Boba2007

Holy crap that was amazing. Turns out my enrage deck (the one I made for Faerlina) is pretty good against heroic Loatheb...

vk22lkV.png

Dynamic3

Are the class challenges just play a specific ai with a specific deck?

I really liked the challenges in Duels of the Planeswalkers where you were given a specific hand and a specific board in play, and had to come out alive. They were quite linear but they taught you how to use the cards creatively.

Mononoke

Banned

Well I don't stand a chance then. I still can't beat the last wing on Heroic. I've tried recommended decks, and often I just don't have the cards I needs to make the strategy work (I just started 3 weeks ago, and I don't have enough gold or dust), and haven't opened that many packs yet.

I almost feel like I need to drop $$$ to get 49 + packs lol. Jeez. Apart of it is that I kind of suck. Anyways, just beat this Wing on Normal (was really easy for me). On to the class challenges.

Tacitus_

Are the class challenges just play a specific ai with a specific deck?

I really liked the challenges in Duels of the Planeswalkers where you were given a specific hand and a specific board in play, and had to come out alive. They were quite linear but they taught you how to use the cards creatively.

Specific deck, yup. The hunter one is amusing but very RNG prone, since all you have are the webspinners which put a random beast card into your hand on death.

So I just beath Heroic Noth with this minion-less Rogue deck. Was probably the most fun I had on a heroic fight, even though it took a few tries. I'm actually a little surprised how well it worked.

There was also this amazing play where Noth put down an Abom when I was at six health. I was one Headcrack away from winning when it was his turn. He hit with the Abomination, and then used Plague to kill it for six damage. Now that was amazing.

daemissary

I can't believe that I'm still stuck in the infinite Waiting for Authorization loop. How long is it going to take then to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom