• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Extremely basic question-time now!

I had 4000 gold, if I had bought packs, I would've gotten 40 packs.
I decided to play arena instead with all of it, let's say I average out 85 gold per run. How many more packs would I have "earned" compared to if I had just bought the stuff?

I think this would be correct:

4000 - 65 * X = 0
X = 61.538

With 65 being the loss you make per run in gold and X number of runs until you run dry.

About 50% more without factoring in the times you get multiple packs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The worst part about this giant clusterfuck is that it didn't happen to Yoshichan so we could witness his meltdown
I think we can all agree that me missing out on the "fun" was only a good thing. For you, for me and for everyone.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
About 50% more without factoring in the times you get multiple packs.
Wait, multiple packs? You can get more than one pack from an arena reward...?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Extremely basic question-time now!

I had 4000 gold, if I had bought packs, I would've gotten 40 packs.
I decided to play arena instead with all of it, let's say I average out 85 gold per run. How many more packs would I have "earned" compared to if I had just bought the stuff?
Normally its 1 pack per 100g
With Arena, you pay 150g and get back 1 pack + 85 gold back. Which in net value means you spent 65g and got 1 pack
Paying 65g/pack instead of 100g/pack is a 53.846% increase in packs not counting dust and cards and extra packs you might get in the other rewards.

The cost for this increase is the time it takes to play that many arenas.

Yoshichan

Thanks guys!

Yeah the time isn't really a problem since this is my preferable play in HS. I dislike constructed :(

Yoshichan

Only at 12 wins.

lololol

I know the "lolololol" should be an indication that you're trolling... but maybe you're not :(?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
At 12 I think its 2 packs guaranteed but at some number of wins before that there is a %chance to get 2 packs? It's been quite a while since I did a bunch of arena runs though so I could be forgetting.

Yoshichan

Oh, well I'm never getting 12 wins so I should never take 2 decks in to calculation :p

if you play enough and learn from your mistakes you can get to 12 wins. it's not some impossible feat and only requires you to play an okay deck extremely well. and it's not like the best players always get 12 wins. getting 8 wins consistently is a better goal to shoot for.

StMeph

Was able to buy the four wing bundle last night. Authorization took a little while, but I alt-tabbed, and it was done by the time I tabbed back. Still pretty straightforward, and I dislike that it was chopped up into one wing per week, but at least it's new content.

Yoshichan

if you play enough and learn from your mistakes you can get to 12 wins. it's not some impossible feat and only requires you to play an okay deck extremely well. and it's not like the best players always get 12 wins. getting 8 wins consistently is a better goal to shoot for.
Yup, I know all of this! But it's my nerves when I get to 10 wins that completely ruins it. I do such dumb moves and lose to me basically sucking ass when I get to 9 or 10 wins.

I had a lot of fun defeating Heigan on Heroic with this deck:

rOi9rX6.jpg

Took a try or two with it, but basically, get a Lightwell, Nerubian Egg, or Stoneskin Gargoyle in the left-most position to negate Heigan's hero ability, then keep a Cleric or two on the board to gain card draw form the Lightwell/Stoneskin heals.

Yup, I know all of this! But it's my nerves when I get to 10 wins that completely ruins it. I do such dumb moves and lose to me basically sucking ass when I get to 9 or 10 wins.

the way i ty to think about it is that any win after 8 is a bonus so there's no pressure to get to get any more.

but it doesn't always work.

Yoshichan

I was trolling your anxiety with the recent 10 win-runs. :)

<3
&#9829;

I just wanted to say that your avatar is sick!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
&#3900; &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; GIFF NAXXRAMAS &#3900; &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388;

Minsc

Gold Member
Run a BGH if you want to stick their giants up their asses.

Trouble is it doesn't help enough against the perfect hands of Mountain > Mountain > Faceless > Drake > Drake > Molten + Molten + DoA > Leeroy + PO + Faceless, meanwhile keeping your board clear with their shadowflame wipes.

Yoshichan

At one win in arena and battling mages that might as well have 10-11 wins :(

inky

Just checked again STILL waiting for authorization

These motherfuckers better give me a free pack for my troubles.

LOL. They won't give us anything. Why? They still have 3 packs left to release that they will fuck up as well. If they set a precedent for giving you something now, they'll have to do it next time, and the next, etc.

Tacitus_

Trouble is it doesn't help enough against the perfect hands of Mountain > Mountain > Faceless > Drake > Drake > Molten + Molten + DoA > Leeroy + PO + Faceless, meanwhile keeping your board clear with their shadowflame wipes.

Well to be fair nothing helps you against the perfect hand of any good deck, be it handlock, freeze mage, miracle rogue or zoo lock. Sometimes you just get your face crushed in because they drew perfectly. Such is life.

Just checked again STILL waiting for authorization

These motherfuckers better give me a free pack for my troubles.

Don't bother checking till tomorrow.
Support said in Forums, that they will upload a Hotfix this NIGHT, that may or not fix SOME of the problems.
They were very quiet about the Authorization Loop though, so don't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if they had to fix each Account by Hand.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Don't bother checking till tomorrow.
Support said in Forums, that they will upload a Hotfix this NIGHT, that may or not fix SOME of the problems.
They were very quiet about the Authorization Loop though, so don't get your hopes up.

I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if they had to fix each Account by Hand.
The hotfix was last night. Only fixed it for people without queued orders. What a clusterfuck, how can they not have the ability to cancel orders?

Yoshichan

What a piece of shit game this is

HERP

IRONBARK

DERP

PROTECTOR

HERP

DOUBLE TOP DECK

DERP

SO MUCH SKILL

SUCH WOW

If that guy was next to me while we played that game, I would've seriously considered eating his fucking brains out.

Yoshichan

There goes the entire fucking table that I had the computer screen and accessories on.

Go fuck yourself IKEA.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I only got into this a few weeks ago, so I'm trying to save up gold for Naxx wings. Up to 500 and it really doesn't take all that long, though today specifically I keep running into people that for no reason just make the timer run out on every turn which is annoying as fuck.

Yoshichan

ASIA just reset the ranks and people have gotten their new season back :D It's so good looking!

Raxus

The hardest thing to get around drakes which is insane value. Everything else is much easier to fight. The biggest problem is that it is hard to run a deck that is strong against zoo, hand, miracle without compromising how your deck flows.

thankfully handlock is sparse in this meta. when they were more common I would just play shaman or druid with 1 or 2 BGHs.

also I would have hated to play something like monopoly with yoshi when I was a kid. just fucking houses and hotels all over the place after he flipped the board.

I just Far Sighted into both Blood Lust and Al'Akir against a Handlock. 28 damage on turn 8 out of no where.

I can't breath.

It's great to know my Triple Leeroy Surprise deck has potential.

FUUUUUUUUUU I hit legend for the first time!!!!!!

Let me tell you, that grind was 100% worth it, and then 100% not worth it looking at my ugly ass card back.

I even got captured on DayNine's stream with him fucking up my Shaman with a token Druid miracle draw durring my climb around rank 2.

ShinNL

I just Far Sighted into both Blood Lust and Al'Akir against a Handlock. 28 damage on turn 8 out of no where.

I can't breath.

It's great to know my Triple Leeroy Surprise deck has potential.
The new cards are gonna make Shaman fun to play again! I'm having fun with the 1/3 taunt and the 3/5 revive taunt in my Shaman giants deck :D

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't believe Blizzard haven't even commented on this shit in like 16 hours.

I guess gamebreaking bugs are ok if they only affect like 10-20% of the playerbase.

Yoshichan

WTFFFFFFFF IS GOING ON WITH EH HEARTHSTONE?

Is it down?!
FUUUUUUUUUU I hit legend for the first time!!!!!!

Let me tell you, that grind was 100% worth it, and then 100% not worth it looking at my ugly ass card back.

I even got captured on DayNine's stream with him fucking up my Shaman with a token Druid miracle draw durring my climb around rank 2.
Wow, Day9 is rank 2 huh?

zoukka

Finally got in. Defeated all heroic bosses on first try (Handlock) and Loatheb took a bunch of tries with my custom Hunter 1 drop deck. Feels fucking good man :)

Yoshichan

EU was always working fine so what the fuck happened? Why can we not log in?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom