• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh lord.

I wonder what the compensation for this will be.

1 free pack per day delayed sounds fair.
It's Blizzard.

You're not getting shit.

daemissary

oh lord.

I wonder what the compensation for this will be.

1 free pack per day delayed sounds fair.

Hey, now it's showing a summary of my order above the persistent Waiting for Authorization. Progress?

Does Blizzard usually do compensation for issues like this?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Just logging on since yesterday. What exactly is going on? Is nothing purchasable? Arenas and packs included or is this just limited to 2nd wing naxx purchases? Is there lag and disconnects again?

I already have all of Naxx paid for. I just want to run some arenas.

Yoshi, before you get arrested, I just wanted to thank you. It was because of you that I used my gold for cards and bought all of Naxx at once before all of the bad server stuff happened, which allowed me to play right on time.

So, from the bottom of my deck, thank you.

Tacitus_

It's modern Blizzard, they wont do shit. This is no longer the Blizzard that would give multiple free days for WoW when they had lag that made the game unplayable.

Bah, EU never got shit. We had regular "extended maintenance" that meant that the realms were down till 8 PM or something.

Just logging on since yesterday. What exactly is going on? Is nothing purchasable? Arenas and packs included or is this just limited to 2nd wing naxx purchases? Is there lag and disconnects again?

I already have all of Naxx paid for. I just want to run some arenas.

Like I told Yoshi, Lay off the arenas for now. He didn't listen. Maybe you will.

inky

Does Blizzard usually do compensation for issues like this?

They don't do compensation because they are big enough to not care about the people affected. Plus we eat it up anyway.

They won't do shit. We'll get a "sorry" and we are going to like it.

They don't do compensation because they are big enough to not care about the people affected. Plus we eat it up anyway.

They won't do shit. We'll get a "sorry" and we are going to like it.

You're quick to shit all over blizzard, I noticed.

But in fact I have received compensation for past issues with WOW. Everyone did at the time.

Yoshichan

But in fact I have received compensation for past issues with WOW. Everyone did at the time.
What kind of compensations are we talking about here?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've had two failed gold purchases and I got refunded each time.

Not that that excuses this delay (lol 24 hours) but it's not daylight robbery for me yet.

But I could just be lucking out.

inky

When was "at the time"? Because I have been on that end with WoW too and haven't received anything. They have fumbled several releases now.

And if I shit on them often is because most people excuse them just as much, when they shouldn't be treated any different for their incompetence.

What kind of compensations are we talking about here?

I think I got a free month and a couple days here and there. I haven't played wow for like 8 years tho so it isn't fresh in my memory lol

When was "at the time"? Because I have been on that end with WoW too and haven't received anything. They have fumbled several releases now.

And if I shit on them often is because most people excuse them just as much, when they shouldn't be treated any different for their incompetence.

Well personally I give companies the benefit of the doubt usually. I know they aren't intentionally doing this and every minute their store isn't working properly they are losing thousands of dollars.

But, once this other company took months to recover my account because they removed twitter login. Of course I didn't wait and the company went under and shut down the game earlier this year. But yeah I have been in a position similar before.

I am not sure if Blizzard will compensate. I don't expect them to unless it persists for a long time (like a week or past their 5 day estimation).

biaxident

Finished the heroics, raging worgen did some work on loatheb, enrage him and give spores, yes please. So is not safe to buy arena's at all right now? Worked last night, haven't tried today though. Are they hung up on the authorizing thing?

I think I got a free month and a couple days here and there. I haven't played wow for like 8 years tho so it isn't fresh in my memory lol

Well personally I give companies the benefit of the doubt usually. I know they aren't intentionally doing this and every minute their store isn't working properly they are losing thousands of dollars.

But, once this other company took months to recover my account because they removed twitter login. Of course I didn't wait and the company went under and shut down the game earlier this year. But yeah I have been in a position similar before.

I am not sure if Blizzard will compensate. I don't expect them to unless it persists for a long time (like a week or past their 5 day estimation).
2014 Blizzard is a far cry from 2005 Blizzard.

zulux21

if you have three quests before a new day starts, and then log in the next day and complete a quest will you still get a daily quest... or do you need to have an empty slot before you even start playing to get a daily quest for that day.

kinger256

if you have three quests before a new day starts, and then log in the next day and complete a quest will you still get a daily quest... or do you need to have an empty slot before you even start playing to get a daily quest for that day.

You need an empty slot.

0ibrbUH.jpg

Mmm.. Dat Armorsmith and Unstable Ghoul goodness..

MisterArrogant

Neo Member

New quests are added the same time every day. 2am mountain time for me. You have to have an empty quest slot to get the quest. It used to be if you could complete a quest within half an hour after the new quests were supposed to be added the missed quest would get added the next day with the next day's quest provided you had two open quest slots. I'm not sure if that still happens. Missed a quest this morning but finished some ten minutes after the deadline so I'll let you guys know if the missed one shows up tomorrow like it used to.

Yoshichan

It might have been closer to 2007 cause I recall I was still playing WOW around the time blizzard activision formed. But they are still the same company structurally. Nothing has changed except for people's perceptions.
You're wrong in so many ways. You said it yourself, you haven't played WoW since ~2007.

I've played the shit out of SC2 and know how they handle the game.
I've played the shit out of Hearthstone and with Naxx, I now know how they handle the game.
I've played the shit out of WoW and all their expansions and know how they handle the game.

No. They are poor at what they're doing.

The only thing I can give'em credit for is how they handled Diablo 3. Sure, it did take a lot of fucking time but at least they did respond to the community with the Reaper of Souls.

Ultrabum

So much RNG in this game. Handlock gets 2 giants in their first 10 cards and the game is over. Rogue gets gadget conceal and the game is over. Someone plays a value black knight or big game hunter and the game is over. You get thalnos + aoe spelled and the game is over.

All just RNG.

You're wrong in so many ways. You said it yourself, you haven't played WoW since ~2007.

I've played the shit out of SC2 and know how they handle the game.
I've played the shit out of Hearthstone and with Naxx, I now know how they handle the game.
I've played the shit out of WoW and all their expansions and know how they handle the game.

No. They are poor at what they're doing.

The only thing I can give'em credit for is how they handled Diablo 3. Sure, it did take a lot of fucking time but at least they did respond to the community with the Reaper of Souls.

I've played all those games as well minus like 1 or 2 expansions. I've pretty much played every single game they've released.

Yoshichan

I've played all those games as well minus like 1 or 2 expansions. I've pretty much played every single game they've released.

There's a difference between played and played. I've experienced Blizzards incompetence way of handling issues and in most cases, it's all unacceptable shit.

biaxident

So I draft my best pally deck I've ever had in arena. I've gone 9+ with pally before too. Truesilvers, 2 consecrates, great value minions on curve, big fatties to finish the game off, feeling good. Utterly annihilate game 1 priest, 30-0 by turn 7. Then I go on to face 3 straight mages, and 3 straight losses. Double flamestrikes, double fireballs, double frostbolts on 2 of the decks, wow. Last one just had perfect value minions, better than mine, and timely fireballs and frostbolts to swing momentum. I'm just dumbfounded, the deck had potential to go 9+ easy, lol this game.

Yeah once diablo 3 changed hands, it's almost like they actually read the subreddits and make changes based on that. Recent changes to monk proves they actually go ahead and read feedback. Granted it takes forever to make changes, but still cool.

Yoshichan

This is my sixth game in arena with this rogue deck. Every single game has gone to the point where we both only have around 7-10 cards left.

I have a Ragnaros in my deck. It's been given to my hand a total of zero times during these games.

In almost every case, this card would've made me win the game.

It is times like these, that I feel like I could buy every single lottery ticket thas has ever been produced and put on this planet, and still not go home without a single win.

Some may call it RNG, I say it's scripted as shit. The algoritm behind some cards are not as simple as 1/30 chance to be put in hand. Unfortunately no one will ever prove this point to be true, so it'll all be put under the doormat because HEY THIS GAME IS TOTALLY RNG.

Yeah right.

llamarawk

enjoying Naxx just fine but honestly 700 per wing is ridiculous price. Obviously they want you to buy the wings, but for 6 cards its just not a good deal. I saved up quite a bit so i got this wing but saving up for next week is tough. I also feel like 6 cards a week for 5 weeks for 30 cards total is weak for the first expan.

Got my friend to start playing a few days ago, so he played arena for the first time and did alright. What does he get in the pack? Alexstrasza

Its the second day he's even had the game installed and he already has a legendary. Meanwhile, I have yet to get a legendary and have been playing since open beta. RNG is the worst.

Dart

Got my friend to start playing a few days ago, so he played arena for the first time and did alright. What does he get in the pack? Alexstrasza

Its the second day he's even had the game installed and he already has a legendary. Meanwhile, I have yet to get a legendary and have been playing since open beta. RNG is the worst.

What a coincidence, I got Alexstraza in the first pack I bought.

Yoshichan

I've heard this from far too many people now, it's almost as if the first deck you get from arena has a greater chance of containing a legendary.

That's probably not the case, but it hearing/reading the amount of luck some newcomers have in this game is... frustrating, to say the least.

rac

Banned
Some may call it RNG, I say it's scripted as shit. The algoritm behind some cards are not as simple as 1/30 chance to be put in hand. Unfortunately no one will ever prove this point to be true, so it'll all be put under the doormat because HEY THIS GAME IS TOTALLY RNG.

Yeah right.

Its kind of amazing how many times priests have northshire cleric in their opening hand.

edit: And when I'm playing druid I barely ever get wild growth in my first 4 cards.

I really think legendarys take way too much to craft. Things like black knight and sylvanas are essential to many decks.

Yoshichan

Time for Arena Yoshi!! YEAHHHH
Good luck sir.

I'm just about to head to bed, but todays session (14 hours) was complete shit. I averaged like 4 wins per draft in arena, and one of these games got me a fantastic 0-3.

I've lost a few brain cells, a lot of gold, a table (pos IKEA-quality) and my sanity today - but I'll recover after I get some sleep.

Good day/night people.

Strider

Good luck sir.

I'm just about to head to bed, but todays session (14 hours) was complete shit. I averaged like 4 wins per draft in arena, and one of these games got me a fantastic 0-3.

I've lost a few brain cells, a lot of gold, a table (pos IKEA-quality) and my sanity today - but I'll recover after I get some sleep.

Good day/night people.

Shake it off bro. Tomorrow the 12 win dream is real.

Ashodin

Good luck sir.

Good day/night people.

You'd hate me. Druid deck!

Violet_0

Banned
average for legendaries is one per 20 packs. I haven't gotten a legendary in 27 packs on my EU account (which doesn't really need any anymore) and 5 packs on my US account that I created today

Rokal

Almost 2 days later and I'm still stuck at "waiting for authorization". This is Diablo 3/WoW launch all over again. Blizzard never learns.

Ketch

so i've been playing this pretty casually off and on. mostly just hit the play button and go…. no real like deck building or anything yet, and it's decent fun.

I think it's time to step my game up, but I'm not sure where I should start.

SuperBonk

Still stuck at waiting for authorization for about 2 days. I understand there's server strain and would be perfectly ok with it if they were just more honest and straight forward with their updates.

The fact that I can't even buy card packs or play arenas is ridiculous though. Don't really even feel like playing ranked against people with access to cards I don't have. Meanwhile I've got daily quests piling up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom