• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rac

Banned
so i've been playing this pretty casually off and on. mostly just hit the play button and go…. no real like deck building or anything yet, and it's decent fun.

I think it's time to step my game up, but I'm not sure where I should start.

Hit up hearthpwn for metadecks bro

Yeah, just netdeck reynad's zoo deck. Sure everyone will hate you but its a cheap deck to build.

Tarazet

Its kind of amazing how many times priests have northshire cleric in their opening hand.

Because that's the only thing any Priest ever really wants in their opening hand. If they have one, then they can mulligan for PW:S. If not, throw it all away.

I've heard this from far too many people now, it's almost as if the first deck you get from arena has a greater chance of containing a legendary.

That's probably not the case, but it hearing/reading the amount of luck some newcomers have in this game is... frustrating, to say the least.

I think people talk about it more when someone gets a legendary right off the bat. Still, it's bullshit and I pretty much always get packs full of common cards that are terrible.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So how do I go about getting my money back from iTunes? Paid 20$ for the full unlock on iPad and a day n half later still nothing. No mention of purchase on order history on battle.net but Apple did bill me the 20 (pending on my banks transaction history at the moment).

Tacitus_

I've always been a horrible listener. Arena has been fine for me. What exactly is the problem for everyone else?

Just a general precaution. When Bnet is shitting the bed like it was this night, you really shouldn't play a gamemode that has a price for entry.

Just my 2 (euro)cents

johnsmith

remember me
Got my friend to start playing a few days ago, so he played arena for the first time and did alright. What does he get in the pack? Alexstrasza

Its the second day he's even had the game installed and he already has a legendary. Meanwhile, I have yet to get a legendary and have been playing since open beta. RNG is the worst.

There's no way this is possible. I've been playing only since March and I've opened or crafted a dozen legendaries. For you to play 2 months more and not to get any is just unbelievable. Even if you had the worst luck in the world you'd get enough dust to be able to craft a couple by now.

There's no way this is possible. I've been playing only since March and I've opened or crafted a dozen legendaries. For you to play 2 months more and not to get any is just unbelievable. Even if you had the worst luck in the world you'd get enough dust to be able to craft a couple by now.

It's possible.

I mean, I don't play every single day. But I've opened 30ish packs maybe and still have not.

Hey guys im 11-4 in legend currently with sjow's new control warrior deck.

It's SUPER legit. Give it a try if you have the cards.

2Tdbu5O.jpg

daemissary

Almost 2 days later and I'm still stuck at "waiting for authorization". This is Diablo 3/WoW launch all over again. Blizzard never learns.

I'm not even pissed that I can't access it, I'm more pissed that I can't even play arena during this Waiting for Authentication BS.

johnsmith

remember me
I mean, I don't play every single day. But I've opened 30ish packs maybe and still have not.

Oh, 30 packs is like nothing. I haven't kept track of my packs but it's a lot more than that, and most of it without any money. Probably bought 3 or 4 arena runs, and that was it.

Kenaras

I think I played against this build a few times on my climb to legend. As a shaman, control warrior builds without Alexstrasza make me happy.

zoukka

http://i.imgur.com/2Tdbu5O.jpg?1

He stole my deck :/

Also fuck Loatheb. Make a golden one guys, you'll get the dust back in a week.

Yeah the class challenges are fun. The heroics are stupid.

What lol? The class challenges aren't even challenges, you can't lose them. The heroics were at least a challenge and you need to think when you make the decks.

zoukka

He's fine. It's just 1 turn.

No. A card is not fine, when:

A. It can be used in almost any deck.
B. It has no risk or downside.
C. Opponent cannot interact with it.

It's an autoinclude and the best Loatheb counter is another Loatheb. These are classic signs that the card is bad. Like OG Nat Pagle.

I can bet a large amount of money that the card will get nerfed.

Aylinato

He stole my deck :/

Also fuck Loatheb. Make a golden one guys, you'll get the dust back in a week.

What lol? The class challenges aren't even challenges, you can't lose them. The heroics were at least a challenge and you need to think when you make the decks.

I lost the mage one. Once.
Jerk.

>=|

johnsmith

remember me

It's an autoinclude and the best Loatheb counter is another Loatheb. These are classic signs that the card is bad. Like OG Nat Pagle.

So you can't use removal on him the next turn. So basically he's a stranglethorn tiger that's not guaranteed 1 attack because you can still kill him with minions.

Tacitus_

Maybe establish board presence and it won't do anything?

zoukka

So you can't use removal on him the next turn. So basically he's a stranglethorn tiger that's not guaranteed 1 attack because you can still kill him with minions.

Are we talking about the same card here?

Maybe establish board presence and it won't do anything?

We are definitely not talking about the same card here. Loatheb is board presence and just happens to neuter the opponents next turn on top of that. He's not a 5 mana 3/4 or some other inefficient minion with an upside. He's just pure absolute upside.

And this is not some whine because I lost to this card. I am merely observing the fact that the card is bad design. Cards like Tink get nerfed because there is no reason not to play it.

rac

Banned
We are definitely not talking about the same card here. Loatheb is board presence and just happens to neuter the opponents next turn on top of that. He's not a 5 mana 3/4 or some other inefficient minion with an upside. He's just pure absolute upside.

And this is not some whine because I lost to this card. I am merely observing the fact that the card is bad design. Cards like Tink get nerfed because there is no reason not to play it.
Cards like black knight neuter the opponents previous turn.

Cipherr

Is this unfair shit still a thing? Why the heck is such a game-breaking this not available for EU...

Take Loatheb from my cold dead hands. I love it, and I play a spell mage. Ive been on the receiving end. Play with it in mind like you do any other card. If the coin is on their side, play turns 1-3 planning for it, if not play turn the first 4 turns planning for it. It has to be thought about and considered just like other cards, the only difference is it kicks the gimmick decks in the balls.

I feel no sorrow for them.

rac

Banned
Take Loatheb from my cold dead hands. I love it, and I play a spell mage. Ive been on the receiving end. Play with it in mind like you do any other card. If the coin is on their side, play turns 1-3 planning for it, if not play turn the first 4 turns planning for it. It has to be thought about and considered just like other cards, the only difference is it kicks the gimmick decks in the balls.

I feel no sorrow for them.

Except for zoo.

Lyng

No they are not challenging when you are an experienced and decent player. However they are great for new players. You have to trade value in order to win them, and this is a lesson that new players need to learn.

The heroics are bad because they are not hard. They are a gimmick and puzzle. Make the AI better so that they are challenging. Giving the AI some somewhat OP gimmick that you need to build a deck around is silly.
If you want to progress in this game you need decks that can fight against multiple decks. The heroics teach players to build a deck that counters ONE specific mechanic. Thats just bad design.

Lyng

So how do I go about getting my money back from iTunes? Paid 20$ for the full unlock on iPad and a day n half later still nothing. No mention of purchase on order history on battle.net but Apple did bill me the 20 (pending on my banks transaction history at the moment).

Youll get an email receipt from Apple. In that, there is a button "Report problem"
Hit that, fill out the form and hit the ask for refund button.
I did it this morning imidiatly got a refund. :)

Potential stupid question - any sensible substitutions for Cairne, Sylvannas or Grommash?

For Grommash no he is your ender and makes the class (There is alot of stuff in this deck to proc his enrage).
For Sylvannas a faceless or a sunwalker might be ok, but legendarys in general are really hard to replace.
Cairne is also hard to replace he has brawl synergy and is very hard for your opponent to completely remove. But I guess sunwalker or a faceless might be your best bet.

zoukka

Yes but that is 1 turn. Unless your playing miracle rogue, or are loosing badly then 1 turn is not gonna loose you the game.

Who said anything about losing? My whole point has been that Loatheb is too safe and too efficient. You just yolo him out with no regrets and you'll be fine.

And for Loatheb to be useful you need to be stopping spells. If you play it on the wrong turn its useless.

If the opponent has spells in his hand Loatheb is always value. You limit their strategies on the next turn. There are not many decks in this game that play only minions.

Lyng

Who said anything about losing? My whole point has been that Loatheb is too safe and too efficient. You just yolo him out with no regrets and you'll be fine.

That goes for a whole lot of other legendaries too....You would have to nerf Alex too then.

biaxident

When reynad first saw loatheb weeks ago, he said it was bad card design since it interferes with your opponents turn and the effect will always go through. Blizzard has said they will never do "un-fun" mechanics, which they label as disrupting your turn with no counter and such. 5 mana for a 5/5 that can be played to avoid death, combos, or just hard removal is very good. Sylvannas was incredible at 5 mana and it was nerfed, so yeah don't be surprised if this gets nerfed too.

Lyng

When reynad first saw loatheb weeks ago, he said it was bad card design since it interferes with your opponents turn and the effect will always go through. Blizzard has said they will never do "un-fun" mechanics, which they label as disrupting your turn with no counter and such. 5 mana for a 5/5 that can be played to avoid death, combos, or just hard removal is very good. Sylvannas was incredible at 5 mana and it was nerfed, so yeah don't be surprised if this gets nerfed too.

Sylvanas is still incredible at 6, which is why she is in so many decks.

So many cards have effects that allways go through and somehow mess with the opponent in one way or another.
But Loatheb is only really good against decks that are very reliant on spells, eg mages and miracle rogues.
Most minion heavy decks have zero problems with him.

Flayer

Loatheb is only good vs certain types of decks. He's strongest played when you have board control so your opponent cant AoE it. Playing him when your opponent can just trade him off with minions is super weak, just a bad version of Stranglethorn Tiger. He'll always be good vs Rogue but that's the only guarantee you have.

zoukka

In the current meta, you just die if you Alex.

Loatheb is only good vs certain types of decks. He's strongest played when you have board control so your opponent cant AoE it. Playing him when your opponent can just trade him off with minions is super weak, just a bad version of Stranglethorn Tiger. He'll always be good vs Rogue but that's the only guarantee you have.

ROFL you should check some streams and play ladder. Loatheb is in 90% of the decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom