• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just tried it again. Still Waiting for Authorization - 50 hours since my initial purchase.

They better give me this wing for free. This is pathetic.

Minsc

Gold Member
Select class > New screen with 9 deck slots in place of all the previous class icons.

Needs to happen.

Right! Here's what I thought:

Legendary cost = 1600. If it gets nerfed, you can sell it for 3200.
Golden legendary cost = 3200. If it gets nerfed, you can sell it for 6400.

Oh well :(

Your premise seems to be wrong me, a nerfed card only disenchants for it's crafting cost afaik. So a nerfed legendary would net you 1600 and a golden version of the nerfed card would be 3200.

I think maybe you're confusing normal disenchant values, normally a legendary disenchants for 400, during a nerf it'd be 1600. A golden legendary normally disenchants for 1600, and would be 3200 during a nerf.

zoukka

Could you elaborate a little more? Especially what legendary I should craft instead.

Well The Beast is just not a good card, nobody has ever found any competetive use for it.

What decks do you want to play? If you like Zoo, you don't need legendaries, Ragnaros is a nice finisher for many decks, Leeroy is a win condition for many decks and works in "Face Rush" style decks.

Or you could just use the dust for epics and rares.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks for the clarification regarding disenchanting stuff Minsc!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm guessing queued orders fall out of their system after 3-5 days and all they are doing is literally waiting for that to happen while telling the community nothing.

I played WoW for years and this is the worst Blizzard clusterfuck I've seen.

zoukka

Playing mostly aggro rougue and ramp Druid. Kinda want to test Leeroy as a finisher in ramp. I know it's good in aggro rougue.

Ramp has better finishers in the form of Force of Natures. Aggro (or face) Rogue definitely benefits from Leeroy if you run shadowsteps and stuff and he's a neutral fireball alone too.

Leeroy is never a bad craft, my first craft as well.

After a lot of games with that Sjow warrior I've found that it just doesn't have enough damage versus heavy control decks. The taunt druids and suddenly-very-popular-priests just fatigue me out every game. I'm creaming zoo and aggro decks but the heavy control matches are just so slow and I never get the opportunity to put any real hurt on them.

Overall I'm a little disappointed with only a 60% win rate at these 15-17 ranks. So far 44% of my opponents have been druid...

I swapped an inventor for Ysera, I think that might do the trick. I'll try it out tomorrow.

For those who've beaten Anub'Rekhan on heroic difficulty, what deck did you use?

I've beaten all of them apart from that one

Those 4/4 spiders just get out of control -_-

Minsc

Gold Member

Just think, there's always the chance they can top it next week! Maybe we'll get some bug that wipes everyone's account off their systems and their backup systems too. Normally, backup states wouldn't be affected by something that screws up their live system, but since it's Blizzard, I'm sure they can find a way to make it happen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Retires deck at 0-2 > Gets golden Gadgetzan Auctioneer and golden Summoning Portal

This game is more broken than my collection of broken hardware

I'm honestly -this- close calling it for this game. I'm really not having any sort of fun with it anymore. I'm thinking I'll be playing this for max a few more days and then I'm out for a a year or so.

Bizazedo

So, is everyone finding Arena more difficult over the past month or so? I used to have around a 70% win rate (manually tracked this for about 3 months), but it has seriously fallen to barely a 50% win rate in the past month. I had planned to save for Naxx by earning gold in Arena, but with such a shitty win rate I had to switch to just quests and Ranked wins.

I think less skilled players are playing Arena less. Anecdotal, I know, but still.

Only if you only play Arena and can't access it or you never get your gold / money back. Otherwise, game is still playeable.

Vanilla WoW? Some servers were down for a looong time. I think we crashed Archimonde pretty badly. That and the kneeling thing, omg....

Retires deck at 0-2 > Gets golden Gadgetzan Auctioneer and golden Summoning Portal

I'm honestly -this- close calling it for this game. I'm really not having any sort of fun with it anymore. I'm thinking I'll be playing this for max a few more days and then I'm out for a a year or so.

Play constructed / stop blaming the game for your own mistakes.

ViviOggi

See you next week

Yoshichan

No, it's not, unless you're talking about the purchase bugs...and you weren't.
I was talking about me getting 10 wins and not getting a single golden card - but getting double golden cards for a 0-2 retirement. Also getting Ysera on 0-3 and never, ever gotten a legendary otherwise through an arena-deck.

Ashamed yet?

Bizazedo

I was talking about me getting 10 wins and not getting a single golden card - but getting double golden cards for a 0-2 retirement. Also getting Ysera on 0-3 and never, ever gotten a legendary otherwise through an arena-deck.

Ashamed yet?

No, because you (still) show you have no grasp on the game you're playing. You're playing a mode that explicitly is based on RNG and picking from cards. You know that rewards are also RNG, in terms of types of cards you get, and you can get both good cards out of packs / randomly that are not decided by how you do in Arena.

You know this. And yet you call it broken.

C'mon, Yoshi. C'mon now.

Can't buy packs, play arena or use any of the cards from the new Naxx wing or play it.

About 60% of the game is still "playeable"
Yeah, it's a messed up situation. Still not Blizzard's biggest fuck up.

Yoshichan

I'm done Bizazedo. You're wrong, I'm right. There.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Anyone has any tips for a budget deck?

I'm slowly transitioning away from basic decks and have some more cards at my disposal
but my Trump f2p rogue is getting utterly destroyed today. I need some other options.

Or should I just jump ship and become a zookeeper?

I play token druid mostly and that doesn't contain legendaries, but it isn't all that cheap in the dust department. If you happen to have a Lore or Force of Nature you could probably swing it.

A place to start: http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...2;473:2;523:2;548:2;587:2;620:2;633:2;7756:1;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder if I'll be able to play the second wing before the third wing comes out.

I've been doing okay with mid-range hunter and control warrior with unstable ghoul and sludge belcher. love when they silence one of those and then cairne comes out.

At least those cards do something when silenced. Egg is just completely dead when silenced. I guess sometimes useful as a body for DID. That is pretty bad tho when that happens.

edit:
Maybe I'll try owls myself instead of egg since the egg and haunted creepers are pretty popular atm.

Yoshichan

Embarrassing :(
I'd love to avatar quote you, but that would mean me going down on the same level as you.

It was a joke and if you didn't understand that... damn.

Aylinato

Not that Fen Creeper is a really widely used card or anything, but I guess Sludge Belcher has 100% obsoleted it.

I have a new deck of just taunts. I use fen creeper and belcher, sun walker, Druid of the claw, ancient of war, hogger, ancient protector, and I must say it's an extemely fun deck. Although rogues seem to BM me a lot

As they lose.

Water

Dammit, I'm just not getting any of the cards I need from packs. Would like to get even one epic or leg before I start burning dust towards some deck. Even considering going for Control Warrior but I don't have Rag, Grom, Cairne and one Shield Slam. Can afford 2 legs plus a little extra.

Funny game I played with my warrior joke deck (weapons, damage, and things that like weapons and damage). Note the Freezing Trap up there, the double upgraded Arcanite down to its last swing (plus Heroic Strike for the win) and the friggin' huge dinosaur. I don't think I've seen anyone play a Krush before. This was like Jurassic Park starring Arnold Schwartzenegger.

LUbNmzql.jpg

5FTzv3dl.jpg

Same warrior deck with a Naxx facelift. Pictured: the standard double Frothing, double Unstable Ghoul, Egg opening. Opponent conceded after I started swinging dat Heavy Axe, before I could upgrade it to be even more OP.

Gaa1ABYl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom