• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bodied by a priest on turn 4 via a nasty Light Well + Divine Spirit + Inner Fire combo.

Cool stuff.

I did that once. Power Word Shield + 2x Divine Spirit + Light Well + Inner Fire opening hand.

(I think I also got +1 health from a minion early on.)

32/32 lightwell one shot.

Phreaker

I don't think I've ever drafted an Arena deck with 3 legendaries, with 3 Fireballs, Polymorph, Flamestrike, and Pyroblast no less. This should be an interesting run, I hope.

ijlHt1JkyLqR6.png

protip: uncheck Fullscreen in Hearthstone, open Task Manager, right click Hearthstone and select Maximize.

You get full screen AND alt tabbing :)

Special C

4-0 so far, though many have been very close. No consecrates is a bummer but I think I can go far. Not shown is a humility. Chicken was first draft choice along with Murdock, Violet Teachers were early picks and in retrospect aren't great for the deck.

BdzBpuS.jpg

Just had the weirdest thing happen. I had an acolyte of pain and stormwind champion on the board. My opponent does the wild pyromance into equality combo, which theoretically kills everything on the board. Except I guess because Stormwind buffs the acolyte to a 2/2 right before it dies, the acolyte survived as a 1/1.

jblank83

Soooo, say you haven't played since closed beta. How long does it take to hit rank 20 from the lowest rank?

Not long at all. It's very easy to get to 20. The first big hump is at 15, when games start to get tough. You'll definitely run into some tough decks at the lower levels, especially when the new season starts, but good players/decks will quickly rise out of the lower levels.

Duuke

Not long at all. It's very easy to get to 20. The first big hump is at 15, when games start to get tough. You'll definitely run into some tough decks at the lower levels, especially when the new season starts, but good players/decks will quickly rise out of the lower levels.

Thanks guys.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly, the game really needs a "royally fuck you mate" emote.

For one, to give to people that give up the game one turn before you win, because they just can't let you have the victory. And the other for when they go "Thank you" when they play their last OP card (like pyroblast for mages for instance).

Just to properly express exactly how I feel about your dickish behaviour other player.

Honestly, the game really needs a "royally fuck you mate" emote.

For one, to give to people that give up the game one turn before you win, because they just can't let you have the victory. And the other for when they go "Thank you" when they play their last OP card (like pyroblast for mages for instance).

Just to properly express exactly how I feel about your dickish behaviour other player.

I'd much prefer it if my opponent just got a message when I squelched them every time they tried to emote afterwards... I imagine the futility of their taunting would be more hurtful than anything else.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rank'd Up to 20
^__^

I think im gonna 'main' the Rogue and the Chaman.

Aylinato

That's only my 2nd legendary; my first one was Harrison Jones :(

which is not a bad legendary either. Hogger most definitely is a troll legendary.

Btw I am back to rank 14. I am too nervous to play to gain higher/lose to lose that rank, I want it immortalized before I play again.

Card Boy

Banned
Wish blizzard would give a road map for what they plan to do with Hearthstone outside those deck covers for next season and the iPad release.

Would like;

- More cards (at least 10 per class)
- campaign story mode (charge for it if you must, I would pay)
- More modes (eg. Tournament mode)
- Spectator mode
- Replays
- Statistics page
- Card album (not to be confused with Crafting or building a deck views)
- A new class (eg Deathknight and Monk from WoW)
- eSports features / tools
- more card effects like first strike, poison etc
- asynchronous multiplayer (unlike Magic Hearthstone turns are self contained and you can't counters or make plays during another plays turn)

I can only dream.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wish blizzard would give a road map for what they plan to do with Hearthstone outside those deck covers for next season and the iPad release.

Would like;

- Spectator mode
- Replays
- Statistics page
- asynchronous multiplayer (unlike Magic Hearthstone turns are self contained and you can't counters or make plays during another plays turn)

I can only dream.
Spectator mode is in the works.
Theres an 'adventure mode' coming up too.

And moar cards is a given.

Minsc

Gold Member

Would like;

- Spectator mode
- Replays
- Statistics page

I can only dream.

They announced basically all that stuff a while ago in an interview. Well except for async games and a stats page.

^ It's funny, I was thinking the opposite today. I play like 10% of what I used to play, and now I'm pretty decent at arena. I can't remember the last time I did under 5, and before I barely made over 3.

I'm even getting decent luck with legendaries, I think I have 6 already.

They announced basically all that stuff a while ago in an interview. Well except for async games and a stats page.

Good, because that's all stuff I want in too.

which is not a bad legendary either. Hogger most definitely is a troll legendary.

Hogger isn't half bad honestly. He's a good stand in if you don't have a Cairne and his taunt minions have saved me more than once. That said, you have to be aware that what hogger tends to be most is "remove one enemy removal spell, summon 2/2 with taunt."

I seem to be getting worse at this game.

I hear ya...I don't know what's going on.

I got as high as 11, fell back a couple ranks...Tried out the miracle rogue which was fun, but lost a bunch..down to 17

Figured I'd hop on the agro pally and storm right back...nope...Either I got worse, people got better, or only the best players play on Saturdays..lol..Couldn't make it past 16...lol..Oh well season is almost done anyways.

That aside, the miracle rogue is crazy fun though...Shadowstepping a Coldwater Oracle 2 times in a hand, so I played him 3 times, when I started with 2 cards, and finally got what I needed to do the final 7 dmg...very satisfying..

Shaman and Warlock are easily the two least fun decks I have atm. All my other classes are either pretty fun to play or actually good. I made a Shaman dek trying to get some sweet, sweet lols by making it a big a milling deck against the Priest as I could. It was really satisfying watching my opponent get two clerics on the board but also avoiding my healing totem at all costs. I burned through a chunk of his cards and that was pretty fun to see happen.

The Adder

Banned
Shaman and Warlock are easily the two least fun decks I have atm. All my other classes are either pretty fun to play or actually good. I made a Shaman dek trying to get some sweet, sweet lols by making it a big a milling deck against the Priest as I could. It was really satisfying watching my opponent get two clerics on the board but also avoiding my healing totem at all costs. I burned through a chunk of his cards and that was pretty fun to see happen.

I have a lot of fun with my Warlock deck, but I like beatdown.

Just started playing this yesterday, having a lot of fun so far! I unlocked all the classes and took Mage and Warlock to Level 10. I played a couple matches against Expert AI and then a few casual games (just for challenges so I could get gold and buy a couple of packs).

I played 7 casuals and my record so far is 3-4. Not too bad for a beginner, I'm learning a lof of things even when I'm losing so it's all good. I just won a match a few minutes ago against a Warrior. He had me on the ropes most of the match but I was biding my time and had a Gurubashi Berserker, Water Elemental, and a Stormwind Champion out and wiped out his remaining 12 HP, while I was at 2 HP and one hit away from dying.

I'm using this deck: http://imgur.com/a/J7zcP#3

I have to go back to practice mode and level up my other classes, still so much to learn.

Tarazet

I blew up Lorewalker Cho and considered crafting another Legendary.. but I wound up filling some gaps in rares and epics instead. These are cards that I didn't even have one of, after over 1000 Constructed victories.

Wild Pyromancer x2
Ancient Watcher x2
Questing Adventurer x2
Keeper of the Grove x2
Shield Slam x2

Now missing only Ysera to complete the Control Warrior deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom