• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Really loving the Miracle Rogue deck I have. Was able to save up dust and now I have Van Cleef and Leeroy. It always goes down to the wire because one more draw could be the one card you need to win. Always have to count twice just to be sure though, I'm made some bad mistakes.

It's a great deck though because now I see miracles every play.

miracle rogue is an awesome deck, largely because

a) it's not OP and
b) its success largely comes down to how well you play it

mind you when I say it's not OP I simply mean that against a strong player it will often come down to the wire.. but yeah.. with the right setups you are doing single turn burst damage for 16-24hp.

after the pagle nerf I out coldlight oracle back in the deck. which worked out really well last night because I was able to shadowstep it and force a paladin to miss 6 draws over 2 turns.

Minsc

Gold Member
Card back revealed for the next season.

Gotta grind to that 20 :p

LI6N2X7PIXOK1395974724308.jpg

reward for hitting Legendary next season.

ZU7ON90YD6SR1395974723108.jpg

They did it... darn:

Battle your favorite Heroes of Warcraft on the Ranked Play ladder to earn a beautiful Pandaria-themed card back that will only be available during the month of April.

New designs every month... so if you don't make legendary, you will forever miss a card back lol.

Quick edit: Well, to be fair, I guess the limited back is the rank 20 one, so that's not too bad... perhaps the legendary back is a default one that doesn't change ever... not really clear yet.

Looks like if you are among the top legendary players, you will get invited to a special tournament from Blizzard as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Welp, I need new cards. My vanilla rogue deck isn't cutting it, gotta shell out the dust for some miracles.

Interfectum

Quick edit: Well, to be fair, I guess the limited back is the rank 20 one, so that's not too bad... perhaps the legendary back is a default one that doesn't change ever... not really clear yet.

I don't really see much wrong with Blizzard enticing people to keep playing month to month with fluff like this. Seems like a pretty non-intrusive way to do it.

Haly

aside from leeroy miracle rogue is pretty cheap. vancleef isn't a necessity.

I can get Leeroy.

Also missing Double Prep. I have enough for Leeroy + Prep.

Guess I'll have to hit the Arenas.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
aside from leeroy miracle rogue is pretty cheap. vancleef isn't a necessity.

necessity, no.

but without van cleef the "miracle" part largely comes to waiting for leeroy, plus 1-2 shadowsteps, plus 1-2 cold bloods, plus 0-2 preparations.

van cleef makes it a MUCH more balanced deck. you can play whichever one comes up early, and even better depending where you are in your deck can play one knowing the other will come up soon.

you can put in questing or mana addict. most of the time for me vancleef is just a major distraction. assassin's blade + deadly poison is the thing giving me a lot of wins lately.

Could someone link the typical "miracle rogue" deck?

I think I need a change.

Also, when will innervate get nerfed? Two mana crystals for free and no overload/no penalty for using it..ridiculous card....Personally, I'd love to see them do away with all 0 cost cards...

Haly

Could someone link the typical "miracle rogue" deck?

I think I need a change.

Also, when will innervate get nerfed? Two mana crystals for free and no overload/no penalty for using it..ridiculous card....Personally, I'd love to see them do away with all 0 cost cards...

Kolento_Miracle_Rogue.jpg

I recently stopped playing my control Pally that I love to death to play a miracle rogue... Let me tell you, I do worse (dropped from rank 10 to rank 15) with it... BUT I have a LOT more fun playing it then I did my control pally. Something about taking up that entire 90 second turn timer, drawing and playing cards constantly... so good.

I recently stopped playing my control Pally that I love to death to play a miracle rogue... Let me tell you, I do worse (dropped from rank 10 to rank 15) with it... BUT I have a LOT more fun playing it then I did my control pally. Something about taking up that entire 90 second turn timer, drawing and playing cards constantly... so good.

Sounds like it's up my alley...I have all the cards for a good aggro pally and also a control pally...Aggro pally I peak at rank 11/12, and control pally seems viable BUT I can't personally can't stand to lose games that drag out so long...

When playing a miracle rogue, what cards do you want to keep on the initial draw/discard? Also, what's the general strategy? What does a game look on each turn? Should I be ignoring their board presence, try to gain control, or just keep it clean?

Hopefully I have the cards to build it...

Sounds like it's up my alley...I have all the cards for a good aggro pally and also a control pally...Aggro pally I peak at rank 11/12, and control pally seems viable BUT I can't personally can't stand to lose games that drag out so long...

When playing a miracle rogue, what cards do you want to keep on the initial draw/discard? Also, what's the general strategy? What does a game look on each turn? Should I be ignoring their board presence, try to gain control, or just keep it clean?

Hopefully I have the cards to build it...

I try to keep any damaging spells. I also have 2 kobold geomancers because they pair really well with the relatively low damage spells... Replacing one with Thalnos would be ideal, but for now it works pretty well. Try and save shadow steps and preparations for when you have an auctioneer out, it's also acceptable to use the shadow steps on novice inventor. Bonus if you can do both.

Early game you want to do your best to get/keep the board clear with your hero ability + shiv/backstab/deadly poison.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Just threw some cards together for this Shaman deck, and it so far has worked pretty flawlessly for me against most classes (Mage being the only real weakness considering AOE spells and their hero power). Most people ignore the 0 damage totems and fairly weak minions, instead going for my 'high' damage / effect minions or my hero. Then I play Bloodlust and the opponent is pretty much done for. I could improve this deck, but for what I have available right now, it's working fine for me and I only needed to craft two cards for it. Got me from 20 to halfway into 15 fairly quickly, despite running into three mages.

I5BkaBp.png

Haly

Doing surprisingly well for the most Vanilla Paladin deck ever.

ifuIHQIaHexl0.png

Only got the hammers in my last 5 picks. Last card is a Sea Giant.

I try to keep any damaging spells. I also have 2 kobold geomancers because they pair really well with the relatively low damage spells... Replacing one with Thalnos would be ideal, but for now it works pretty well. Try and save shadow steps and preparations for when you have an auctioneer out, it's also acceptable to use the shadow steps on novice inventor. Bonus if you can do both.

Early game you want to do your best to get/keep the board clear with your hero ability + shiv/backstab/deadly poison.

TYVM!!! This is very helpful. I also printed out a miracle rogue deck from some reddit article from a guy named Soda..Said he took the deck from 9 to legendary..Details alternate cards to use and breaks down the strategy...I love the idea of doing 20 plus dmg in one turn....Go from zero to hero (V. Ice jpg)

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
FUCKING LOL. Who do I choose?
UcDdcAK.jpg

I'm kinda leaning toward Nozdormu for the randomness of it but by turn 9 it's not like hands are going to be full of stuff.

Pagle would be the sane choice I guess.

old

I like the level 20 card backs better than the legendary card backs.

I also like that they're only available to earn for one month. It adds a special ephemeral quality to it.

Haly

Typical scrub legendaries.
ibeKkIXDGC7Xj1.png

No match for RNJesus.
iYnyudUHfEAEP.png

Ez win.
ijvsc9Qv2204O.png

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to be stuck at the moment in a match. My opponent tried to play a card, but a glitch occurred, leaving the card infinitely floating above the board and leaving the other player unable too do anything. The timer isn't triggering. Is this a known glitch and is the only way to get out to concede and take the loss?

old

I seem to be stuck at the moment in a match. My opponent tried to play a card, but a glitch occurred, leaving the card infinitely floating above the board and leaving the other player unable too do anything. The timer isn't triggering. Is this a known glitch and is the only way to get out to concede and take the loss?

I had something like that happen to me. He couldn't do anything but I could still see his mouse highlight moving around. The timer countdown never triggered.

I decided to wait him out hoping he'd concede/quit first and give me the win. I eventually input it in the background and came back to find the client closed for inactivity.

Card Boy

Banned
A friend just gave me his code from his CE edition of D3: RoS, so i get 3 booster packs :). Apparently you are only allowed to activate 5 booster pack keys per account according to the fine print.

Will have to open them when i get at home. This is what you call proper free booster packs.

Tarazet

Sadly apart from Thalnos, who is ok, all the early game legendary cards were nerfed to oblivion. Leeroy is the only one left.

I really think it's important to have strong 2, 3, 4 drops. Thalnos is probably the best overall 2 drop, and he works well in ANY deck. He's not even bad in aggro decks - taking out a Sen'jin Shieldmasta with Soulfire or Mortal Strike is often a game winner. I do like King Mukla as well.

Haly

Got one of those Diablo codes and opened it up to a Thalnos.

Yaaay.

Blablurn

I like this game.

But I feel like a noob when I hear that other players are using strategies etc. I'm just playing :/ Still surprised I got a good amount of wins already. Especially since I never was big into card games.

I really think it's important to have strong 2, 3, 4 drops. Thalnos is probably the best overall 2 drop, and he works well in ANY deck. He's not even bad in aggro decks - taking out a Sen'jin Shieldmasta with Soulfire or Mortal Strike is often a game winner. I do like King Mukla as well.

There is no way Thalnos is the best two drop. For one, he's pretty mediocre on turn 2 itself, because he has minimal board impact and will often just cycle without gaining tempo. And for another, decks with only a handful of important damage spells will often simply whiff on being able to use his spell damage at all.

He is good, don't get me wrong, and no two-drop is the best in a vacuum, but I think cards like Flametongue Totem or Sunfury Protector are ahead of him. Playing control warrior I love coin->Armorsmith to open.

Raxus

Sunfury and Pagle(?) are probably among the best currently since drawing into them is usually never a bad thing early game or late game. I gave a lot of shit to armor smith but she turned out to be remarkably good all things considered. If I could make a decent warrior control I would.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Is it possible to get gold from constructed play(except for the gold gotten from quests)?

The Arena sucks

Arena is the quickest and best way to make gold and packs. That or spend money. Just playing constructed a lot is not gonna cut it.

Arena is also the most fun mode so...

Arena is the quickest and best way to make gold and packs. That or spend money. Just playing constructed a lot is not gonna cut it.

Arena is also the most fun mode so...

What's so fun about having to rely on random cards for winning?
In addition,it cost gold you could otherwise invest in packs,so it involves a high risk.

bunbun777

Well it's that special time again where I have to decide which legendary to craft, Thalnos or Black Knight. Pretty sure I'm going to go with Thalnos but I always like to mull it over for a day or so.

zoukka

What's so fun about having to rely on random cards for winning?
In addition,it cost gold you could otherwise invest in packs,so it involves a high risk.

Building decks is fun. Building them from a limited card pool is even more fun.

And sure there's a small risk in arena, but think about this. You will make so little gold in constructed that no amount of bad runs in arena will ever make it worse gold wise than grinding 30 fucking matches for one booster.

Playing to-the-face warrior is kind of disgusting. I've had like a 90% win ratio and generally win by turn 7-9 or way earlier. After playing control mage/paladin for so long it's like a whole different game. Feels like cheating.

Haunted

Chillwind Yeti should totally be a beast. I mean look at this beastly mofo :
5egSSV9.png

No other reasons, promise.
whatever you say, hunter scum

I hope new cards introduce some dragon synergy. Doesn't make any sense to have a completely "unused" minion type in the game.

Card Boy

Banned
Building decks is fun. Building them from a limited card pool is even more fun.

And sure there's a small risk in arena, but think about this. You will make so little gold in constructed that no amount of bad runs in arena will ever make it worse gold wise than grinding 30 fucking matches for one booster.

I only play hearthstone once I got 3 quests queued up. If your playing 30 matches for 1 booster your doing it wrong. It works well for me because I got work, school and other games to play in the meantime. I don't play Hearthstone daily and all day.

I get a booster after 5 matches tops. (Edit: wins I mean)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
feels like ive had 2 days of terrible card draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom