• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, had a good run with the Reynad warrior deck (with extra black knight and blood knight) for a day last week, and I haven't won a game with it since. So many popular decks straight up counter it now, like hunter aggro or giant warlock or Trump mage.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
What's so fun about having to rely on random cards for winning?
In addition,it cost gold you could otherwise invest in packs,so it involves a high risk.

Using your smarts to make the best out of the random cards you are given is fun.

Arena: 150gold investment - at least 1 card pack and a high chance you get even more out of it. 7 wins and you get another free Arena run + a card pack

Booster: 100 gold - 5 cards - farm constructed again

No contest..

SteveWD40

Arena is soooo much better, no netdecks, no "well it's a Priest so he will have 2 MC's" he might have 4, he might have none.

A bad draft sucks but I watch Trump enough to know that, with practice even a bad draft should go 5-7.

Harlock

I can see others companies making your cardgame because heathstone. Just imagine a Mass Effect or Battlefield cardgame.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how the fuck you guys are playing Arena, but it is really sucking the fun out of this game for me. For the fifth time in a row now I get really shitty cards to choose from; no legendaries, no epics and none of the great class-specific cards, then having to fight against a Warrior that got two legendaries, plays two Shield Blocks and has a ton of great cards or a Priest that got two Lightwell, Lightspawn and Inner Fire. Stuff like that is not fun to me and it is severely impacting my progress in this game and my ability to enjoy this game.

zoukka

I don't know how the fuck you guys are playing Arena, but it is really sucking the fun out of this game for me. For the fifth time in a row now I get really shitty cards to choose from; no legendaries, no epics and none of the great class-specific cards, then having to fight against a Warrior that got two legendaries, plays two Shield Blocks and has a ton of great cards or a Priest that got two Lightwell, Lightspawn and Inner Fire. Stuff like that is not fun to me and it is severely impacting my progress in this game and my ability to enjoy this game.

Regular minions can win you most of your matches. Your mana curve is more important than any legendary. Also everyone gets bad drafts every once in a while.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
didnt blizzard say in the last patch that you wont get common after winning more than 10 games in arena ?
http://i.imgur.com/38YtQnH.jpg
disappointing :(
2 packs, 240 golds, a golden common and you complain T_T

Meanwhile I still suck at arena, I starting to think using arenavalue is working against me. Any good guides to arena to read? I might watch Trump's stream in the end but I'm not a big fan of watching other people play for some dumb reason.

Haunted

so many bad beats just now. ;_;

Played 5 games, 3 against Hunter rush, 2 against Murlocs. Lost all 5 and dropped a rank (from 13 to 14). Disheartening. Have enough money to play an arena, but not in the mood after that. Would love to get more control vs control matchups, definitely the games where I have the most fun in Hearthstone.

zoukka

Meanwhile I still suck at arena, I starting to think using arenavalue is working against me. Any good guides to arena to read? I might watch Trump's stream in the end but I'm not a big fan of watching other people play for some dumb reason.

Mana curve is your most important issue. Then just thinking of what cards give you best value. They are not that hard to evaluate. Pick hard removal very highly (hex, poly's etc), but don't overload on them.

Don't pick gimmicky combo stuff unless you are loaded on enablers first. For example things that benefit from card type X if you don't have loaded on cards X already.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So this just happened

be6yV6X.jpg

Every card a rare or higher with a legendary

If you are struggling against Hunter with Zoo you can try this modification to the build:

It maintains most of the explosive power of Zoo with the added ability to throw up giant taunt walls. You can also try The Black Knight instead of Cairne.

76bKrht.jpg

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Regular minions can win you most of your matches. Your mana curve is more important than any legendary. Also everyone gets bad drafts every once in a while.
A good mana curve doesn't help shit when you have crap cards. Regular minions don't get the work done 99% of the time when your opponent has the better effect minions and clearing spells and you can't do shit unless you get dealt perfect hands every turn and your opponent fucks up. I think 'everyone gets a crap draft every once in a while' is a shitty reason to have to deal with it. This is also the fifth time in a row that I've had to deal with this, and that's very frustrating and to me makes me feel like this is the norm rather than something that just happens 'every once in a while'.

Having to build a deck from random cards is fine and seems like a fun idea, but having it be so random that you can get only crap cards while your opponent gets three legendaries, four of their best class-specific cards, ten great effect minions and five great clearing spells is not fun at all and very, very frustrating.

zoukka

A good mana curve doesn't help shit when you have crap cards. Regular minions don't get the work done 99% of the time when your opponent has the better effect minions and clearing spells and you can't do shit unless you get dealt perfect hands every turn and your opponent fucks up. I think 'everyone gets a crap draft every once in a while' is a shitty reason to have to deal with it. This is also the fifth time in a row that I've had to deal with this, and that's very frustrating and to me makes me feel like this is the norm rather than something that just happens 'every once in a while'.

Having to build a deck from random cards is fine and seems like a fun idea, but having it be so random that you can get only crap cards while your opponent gets three legendaries, four of their best class-specific cards, ten great effect minions and five great clearing spells is not fun at all and very, very frustrating.

You sound just tilted man. And if bad drafts are the norm, then your opponents should have bad decks.

Maybe records your drafts and get feedback from here? I'm sure it would help a lot.

old

I can see others companies making your cardgame because heathstone. Just imagine a Mass Effect or Battlefield cardgame.

I distinctly remember at some conference people were working on a Call of Duty card game years ago. I never heard anything come of it.

But I do hope HS kindles a digital card game renaissance.

Minsc

Gold Member
I distinctly remember at some conference people were working on a Call of Duty card game years ago. I never heard anything come of it.

But I do hope HS kindles a digital card game renaissance.

I feel we're already seeing a CCG/TCG renaissance... there's got to be 20+ digital card games out now you could dump 100s of hours in to each.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
You sound just tilted man. And if bad drafts are the norm, then your opponents should have bad decks.

Maybe records your drafts and get feedback from here? I'm sure it would help a lot.
I'm just real tired at the moment due to deadlines / work / other stuff. And sure, I could do that. I managed to get a decent streak on my second arena try, but then got kicked out of the arena by Blizzard server issues. Thanks, Blizzard! At least I got a halfway decent pack out of it this time, with Big Game Hunter, South Sea Captain and Counterspell.

Minsc

Gold Member
Just one of those days where my lightning storm hits all his 3 health creatures for 2, and his lightning storms hits all my 3 health creatures for 3... like 1-10 in ranked today, really crappy rng :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Proof this game hates me:

hearthstone_screenshoowbxu.png

Using your smarts to make the best out of the random cards you are given is fun.

Arena: 150gold investment - at least 1 card pack and a high chance you get even more out of it. 7 wins and you get another free Arena run + a card pack

Booster: 100 gold - 5 cards - farm constructed again

No contest..

It's actually 80-90 gold per pack if you include constructed gold every 3 wins (if you're comparing arena vs regular play). Arena takes up a lot of time and I love playing and building constructed decks.

zoukka

And a fucking disconnect as the 11'th game... (was winning my a fucking mile because hey the deck is invincible)

Are there reimbusments in HS?

And a fucking disconnect as the 11'th game... (was winning my a fucking mile because hey the deck is invincible)

Are there reimbusments in HS?

I had lethal and suddently the game wouldn't let me move, but after a few turns (neither of us could) it would let me, saved a 8-0 arena run, phew.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Miracle deck is nearly complete. Missing Vancleef, Acolyte of Pain (if you can believe it) and Nat Pagle. Subbed with Ironbeak, Questing, and Coldlight Oracle.

Fun shit. Feels just like storm. A deck like no other in Hearthstone.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren't they taking the game offline for a short while to fix it, instead of letting everyone play it in the state it is in now? Opponents going AFK constantly, disconnects all over the place, lag spikes, freezes, yuck... They'll probably not even bother to give a free arena ticket to the people whose arena runs were cut short due to the servers. ;-(

veras

Just went 12-1 on warlock which was the last class I hadn't done 12 on in arena

Glad that's over with, kinda hate playing lock in arena

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im developing a huge dislike for thought steal, its a card that completely counters the idea of playing a tactical game, it throws too many imponderables into the equation.

zoukka

Why aren't they taking the game offline for a short while to fix it, instead of letting everyone play it in the state it is in now? Opponents going AFK constantly, disconnects all over the place, lag spikes, freezes, yuck... They'll probably not even bother to give a free arena ticket to the people whose arena runs were cut short due to the servers. ;-(

Because it's Blizzard and they will always get away with the stupidest shit in this industry.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kind of feel bad dicking around at sub 20 ranked with this deck.

Priests playing Bloodfen Raptor and shit.

old

Proof this game hates me:

hearthstone_screenshoowbxu.png

It is my goal to make angry chicken a feared opener. Actually turned one into something like a 12/9 minion on turn 4 with my priest using spells and crazed alchemists. But currently that requires too many specific cards and circumstances to be any more than a novelty.

zoukka

Even through TWO disconnect losses. So consider this a 12-0 run with an invincible deck. Super fun to play too, some one hit kill moments when I just held the UTH's and waited for Leokks or double Hyenas.

I would've picked a Timber Wolf over that Bloodhoof any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom