• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

Mileage varies for everyone, I suppose. I have some decks that I feel have favorable matchups with zoo compared to my other decks. Whether this objectively true or not, I can't say; they just seem to work for me.

Oh, which decks have you been having success with? I have a token Druid that I think does OK.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, I guess EU Naxx 3 is out now... fml.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just a joke about how mad you got about things. Not meant to be offensive or as an insult or anything. Sorry if I offended.

None taken sir :)

Xater

While last quarter a Zoolock deck worked great I don't think that will be the case this time judging by my first encounter.

tariniel

Oh, which decks have you been having success with? I have a token Druid that I think does OK.

Recently I've had a lot of luck with a deck called "Tauntadin" on hearthpwn. It also has performed really well against miracle, those Sludge Belcher's stick around, and dropping an egg before pyro+equality is really great. I look for any excuse to play Paladin, because I want to level it up and get golden Truesilvers, they look so awesome. The problem I have is that when I pick Paladin, I always queue into Priests, and I feel like the matchup against them is just terrible.

I'm really excited to try the new Shaman stuff. Really makes me want to craft some Earth Elementals... but I've been saving so long to craft Black Knight.

Tacitus_

While last quarter a Zoolock deck worked great I don't think that will be the case this time judging by my first encounter.

Eh, it's fine. I went 2-1-2 to beat the normal modes.

E: Holy fuck the heroics. 20 dmg to your face if you don't have a taunt? Enemy starts with three 2/7s and a deck full of removal? Draw 1 card + gain mana crystal as 1 mana hero power that's on autocast?

Yeesh. These need actual anti decks. [/spoiler] or freeze mage, probably >_> [/spoiler]

CoolOff

Just met my first Deathlord played by a Shaman turn 4 when he already had Egg + Creeper on board. Had no Hunter's Mark so he won.

Also it dragged out my fucking Webspinner smh

Xater

Eh, it's fine. I went 2-1-2 to beat the normal modes.

E: Holy fuck the heroics. 20 dmg to your face if you don't have a taunt? Enemy starts with three 2/7s and a deck full of removal? Draw 1 card + gain mana crystal as 1 mana hero power that's on autocast?

Yeesh. These need actual anti decks. [/spoiler] or freeze mage, probably >_> [/spoiler]

Yeah now I have beaten the first two with Zoolock anyway. Two tries each. Gonna see if I can get the last one tomorrow.

You guys actually bother with the heroic stuff? I think the card back you get is lame so I am not bothering with that headache. Also I don't think any card deck so far has been better than the rainbow one.

Tacitus_

Yeah now I have beaten the first two with Zoolock anyway. Two tries each. Gonna see if I can get the last one tomorrow.

You guys actually bother with the heroic stuff? I think the card back you get is lame so I am not bothering with that headache. Also I don't think any card deck so far has been better than the rainbow one.

The first two wings heroics were rather easy. I had to build a counter deck for only one boss per wing. This wing looks different... but I'll think of it tomorrow.

Haunted

Lovely fights so far, every encounter inspires a new idea for a deck, this is great!

Beat the normals, class and the third heroic fight with a priest deck. Currently working on Gothik, his ramp-up on heroic is pretty insane. :D

I think they're the most fun content in Naxxramas.

I didn't even know there was a reward for doing them, I'm not doing them for the reward, I'm doing them because they're a cool challenge and actually make me want to build decks against their OP bs. :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The warlock class challenge is exemplary in showing how demonology doesn't work >_>

How, exactly? The four horsemen fight is completely different from a standard deck. It's basically 3 minions with uber-taunt and a deck full of removals?

Haunted

Four Horsemen on Heroic?

bitch pls

249.png

Zafir

How, exactly? The four horsemen fight is completely different from a standard deck. It's basically 3 minions with uber-taunt and a deck full of removals?
Well I'd assume he means the fact the warlock class deck has quite a few demon cards which are rather bad.

ZealousD

Well I'd assume he means the fact the warlock class deck has quite a few demon cards which are rather bad.

Voidcaller seems like a pretty damn good card, though. Being able to pull in something like a Pit Lord, Felguard, Doomguard, or Dread Infernal without the associated mana cost or battlecry cost seems pretty huge. Hell, even grabbing Jaraxxsus and putting it into the field would be pretty crazy. Having a 3/15 body on the board is freaking crazy. Only a priest could really deal with that.

Tarazet

Cairne was my first crafted legendary. He's not as situational as Sylvanas. Sylvanas requires the other player to have a minion on the board in order to get the full benefit, and then you're subject to RNG if they have more than one.

I've been hesitating to craft Sylvanas vs. Black Knight.. I've drafted Sylvanas in arena a couple times, and I've run into a couple situations where I traded her away, and her deathrattle should have activated, but didn't.

Haunted

Voidcaller seems like a pretty damn good card, though. Being able to pull in something like a Pit Lord, Felguard, Doomguard, or Dread Infernal without the associated mana cost or battlecry cost seems pretty huge. Hell, even grabbing Jaraxxsus and putting it into the field would be pretty crazy. Having a 3/15 body on the board is freaking crazy. Only a priest could really deal with that.
I like demons more than the meta does, but that's an overstatement. Nearly every class can deal with a 3/15 minion with just one card or a very common combo. Mage has Polymorph, Druid Naturalise, Hunter has the Hunter's Mark combo or Deadly Shot, Paladin has the Equality combo, Rogue has Assassinate, Warrior Execute, Shaman has Hex.

I guess the only class in trouble would actually be Warlock themselves because no one runs Sacrificial Pact or Corruption these days. :D

Of course, Jaraxxus, Illidan or Dread Infernal would be a hit, but for every one of those you could also miss with a Voidwalker, Blood Imp. Void Terror or Flame Imp. I think Voidcaller is better than the similar cards Sense Demons or Bane of Doom, so I like it.

Ultrabum

I just played a game vs a control warrior as token Druid. He's at like 20 hp + some armor and I do force + savage + innervate + innervate + Druid of the claw in charge mode ( I played savage roar last).

This got him to 2 hp. He then played gromash and killed the Druid clearing my board and armors up, putting him at 4 hp. I have 8 cards left, one of them is swipe. I draw a haunted creeper. He then takes me down to 9 hp with his board, and kills the haunted creeper and plays Barron gheddon, after armoring up, putting him to 6, then 4 from baron. Then I drew swipe lol

ZealousD

I like demons more than the meta does, but that's an overstatement. Nearly every class can deal with a 3/15 minion with just one card or a very common combo. Mage has Polymorph, Druid Naturalise, Hunter has the Hunter's Mark combo or Deadly Shot, Paladin has the Equality combo, Rogue has Assassinate, Warrior Execute, Shaman has Hex.

Oh right, durr. What am I thinking?

damisa

I just played a match as a warlock where my paladin opponent rushed down my life and I got to play 2x molten giant and sunfury protector on turn 4, then loatheb on turn 5. I feel so dirty.

I just played a match as a warlock where my paladin opponent rushed down my life and I got to play 2x molten giant and sunfury protector on turn 4, then loatheb on turn 5. I feel so dirty.

No need to feel dirty, that's what they get for playing a brain dead Shockadin deck

johnsmith

remember me
No need to feel dirty, that's what they get for playing a brain dead Shockadin deck

He didn't tell the rest of the story where the shockadin played equality the next turn. Shockadin vs Handlock is one of the most unbalanced matchups in the entire game. The only one that might come close is freezemage vs control warrior. Nvm, missed the loatheb part, though that would still leave him vulnerable to it for 1 turn.

Cipherr

Fun fact, heroic Horsemen blocks equality.

Doomsayer too

What the fuck? Jesus.... so fucking lazy man. How many rules they gonna break to make this stuff a 'challenge'. Noone else seems to care but I find it so damn corny. Now the list grows

• More than 30 HP
  • Overpowered Hero skills
  • Hero skills cost 0 mana
  • You never get coin
  • They get to start with minions already on the board (sometimes)
  • And now certain cards are straight up nullified so you cant use them.

When the next expansion.... Ulduar or whatever drops, they had better do better than this. This shit is so lazy they should be able to shit a new one out every month....

Anyways, Eggy is currently running a Miracle Shaman deck thats dealing like 35 damage in one turn stacking the new reincarnate cards on Leeroy Jenkins with windfury and that card that kills a minion but then returns it to life with full health. Guy ends up hitting with leeroy like 5 times in one turn for only 6 mana or something ridiculous. Its so broken.... his opponents are probably just.... speechless as they go from full health to dead at turn 6 lol.

Kangi

Anyways, Eggy is currently running a Miracle Shaman deck thats dealing like 35 damage in one turn stacking the new reincarnate cards on Leeroy Jenkins with windfury and that card that kills a minion but then returns it to life with full health. Guy ends up hitting with leeroy like 5 times in one turn for only 6 mana or something ridiculous. Its so broken.... his opponents are probably just.... speechless as they go from full health to dead at turn 6 lol.

Oh, so you mean the card that literally everyone looked at and said, "This is going to be used for Leeroy OHKOs" is being used for Leeroy OHKOs?

I never would've expected that, Blizzard!

ZealousD

At 10 mana, you can do a Leeroy with 2 reincarnates plus 1 windfury or 1 reincarnate with 2 windfury.

4 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 10 mana
6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 24 damage

That's a lot of damage, but Shaman can't cycle cards like Miracle can.

Ultrabum

Oh, so you mean the card that literally everyone looked at and said, "This is going to be used for Leeroy OHKOs" is being used for Leeroy OHKOs?

I mean, he's at rank 18, I don't really think it's that viable...

biaxident

Not much I can do when webspinner gives my opponent a Mukla on turn 3. Meanwhile I get captain's parrot lol. Not even mad though, RNG is just amusing.

Cipherr

So crazy, look at this:

iiJGjL4djkzjS.gif

(Sorry for the quality its such a huge GIF that I took some.... steps to shrink it)

Nerf imminent? Probably on Leeroy, but the Reckless Rocketeer is 5/2 with charge also.... I mean Jesus.

Alrus

Uh, how did he summon a leeroy for free, exactly? That combo starts at 8 mana with leeroy already on the board?

Got lucky with farsight.

Edit: Seriously this is the kind of perfect combo that happens so rarely it's not really worth crying about. Shaman can't cycle card nearly efficiently enough for it to be consistent. It's like people who complain about double innervate + coin for a very early big body.

ZealousD

It looks to me like he starts at 7/8. Leeroy costs 1 after a far sight?

Ah yeah, gotcha. For some reason I was thinking that was because he hit him with 2 rockbiters, but that's not right.

So, that particular combo means you have to put Far Sight in your deck. Which is basically madness.

There's actually multiple ways to mix-and-match a 24 damage combo at 10 mana with Windfury, Rebirth, and Ancestral Spirit, which is what I imagine what most people will go for. A far sight combo might be able to achieve 30+, but that's really not viable.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Week 3 is out and I still don't even have access to 2? Nice... Hopefully Apple will refund this purchase without troubles...sigh.

Cipherr

My problem with it is that its even possible. Maybe its 'not a big deal' but being able to do nearly as much with a Reckless Rocketeer means you can mill for either Leeroy or Rocket and still do insane numbers.

I dunno... I just know I watched him peace people for about 9 games and it was ridiculous. Then I won the raffle on his channel and he paypal'd me a $20 spot lol.

Week 3 is out and I still don't even have access to 2? Nice... Hopefully Apple will refund this purchase without troubles...sigh.

Wow are you serious? They still haven't fixed that and the next wing is rolling? Insane.

scy

You would also need to Farsight into one of them and then have four other cards in hand. That's a perfect example of what "Magical Christmas Land" refers to. It's an absurd setup that has no real consistency.

There's actually multiple ways to mix-and-match a 24 damage combo at 10 mana with Windfury, Rebirth, and Ancestral Spirit, which is what I imagine what most people will go for. A far sight combo might be able to achieve 30+, but that's really not viable.

Pretty much. Aiming for 18-24 is probably where most burst setups will go for. The question will be what the rest of the deck around that package looks like. Currently expecting it to see Crusher Shaman as the first shell but eh, we'll see.

Alrus

My problem with it is that its even possible. Maybe its 'not a big deal' but being able to do nearly as much with a Reckless Rocketeer means you can mill for either Leeroy or Rocket and still do insane numbers.

Shamans kinda suck at milling though... And there are a lot of ridiculous "perfect" combos for a lot of classes, but those happen so rarely they don't really matter (and decks built around them are usually weak). Calling for a nerf of certains cards because of said combos is short-sighted.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wow are you serious? They still haven't fixed that and the next wing is rolling? Insane.

I think Im on a separate tier of issues due to that it appears my itunes purchase didnt reach blizzard. But they havnt really announced anything of what to do besides contact apple.

Kangi

I propose a simpler solution. Any deck that uses Leeroy should be set on fire, and anyone who builds an OTK deck should be set on fire.

Everybody wins.

Lyng

What the fuck? Jesus.... so fucking lazy man. How many rules they gonna break to make this stuff a 'challenge'. Noone else seems to care but I find it so damn corny. Now the list grows

I completely agree. Yet alot of people actually think its a good thing that blizzard made the heroics into a rng filled puzzle.
Personally I would have liked them to actually try to make a strong AI that would make the optimal move every time.
The heroics now are a freaking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom