• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope they don't go with the 4cards a week release plan, it's so annoying to know you could make a deck with x but you have to wait for that specific wing to open because... something. Make 2wings worth of content with 10cards and release those in one go instead of spreading it thin,so at least you won't know in advance that you have to wait 4weeks to get the card you want while other classes/decks already have theirs.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Sounds like baron rivendare is current bugged so that even if a deathrattle minion is silenced, you still get 1 deathrattle instead of 0?

So for example, if you play cairne + baron. Then your opponent silences cairne and kills him you still get 1 baine.

The baron just got a whole lot better... for a few days at least.

ViviOggi

Watch your mouth, son.

I'm kidding but what made you say that?

My afternoon mistakenly spent playing CW. It's just an anecdotal experience from a crappy rank (10 atm), but I feel like the classic variants can't keep up with other decks right now. The Shaman game I posted in particular was soul-crushing, and it wasn't even like he had to pull off crazy unlikely combos. A turn 8 Sylvanas + Reincarnate alone is utterly devastating against a board filled with one or two legendaries and nothing else. Also last season Brawl often was the card that let me snatch games from Zoo in which I had bad starts, but now they've got Eggs.

There's Death's Bite at least but I feel like it won't be enough. Maybe I need to get more familiar with the new decks and/or my list sucks, but why go through the hassle when I can just play Hunter, Zoo or Shaman?

Minsc

Gold Member

You should see some of the fun combos you can get when your opponent leaves you with an Archmage Antonidas or Malygos alive for your next turn to combo up. Even just leaving a Ysera alive untouched against a Priest can quickly turn really ugly the next turn as they hit you for 48 damage to the face using less cards and less mana than the combo in that video.

Minsc

Gold Member
So there was a thread on Blizzard about HearthCrawler (which will probably get deleted)... I didn't realize botting was as bad as it is. Apparently this bot is evolving soon too to include hovering so you can't spot it (maybe next will be random delays to the actions so it looks more human), but a ton of people run the bot going by the thread, and the bot gets you 12-win arena runs and gets you in to legendary rank... been caught on people's streams who are in legendary rank beating them.

Also very useful for unlocking the golden portraits while you sleep and not missing that free daily 100g per day in ranked mode.

And people think Blizzard is too scared to ban accounts because it's a F2P game and they don't want to lose people who may spend money.

zoukka

So there was a thread on Blizzard about HearthCrawler (which will probably get deleted)... I didn't realize botting was as bad as it is. Apparently this bot is evolving soon too to include hovering so you can't spot it (maybe next will be random delays to the actions so it looks more human), but a ton of people run the bot going by the thread, and the bot gets you 12-win arena runs and gets you in to legendary rank... been caught on people's streams who are in legendary rank beating them.

Also very useful for unlocking the golden portraits while you sleep and not missing that free daily 100g per day in ranked mode.

And people think Blizzard is too scared to ban accounts because it's a F2P game and they don't want to lose people who may spend money.

Well they either ban the accounts or watch Hearthstone burn.

Goddamn Gothik was the hardest boss so far. Hunter finally did it.

Zafir

Haha, playing as priests on the heroic is such fun. For the first boss I thoughtstole one of his swords for the kill. Then the last boss, first try as priest, put out deathlord and used inner fire on it. He killed all his three guys on it, looool.

Well how fun is that? =\

ShinNL

I'm sorry Zoo but if I do a turn 5 Sludge Belcher and then a turn 6 Rivendare, Ancestral Spirit on Sludge Belcher and trade it away, you're not gonna win against my endless taunts :p

Shamans EVERYWHERE btw, I love it :D

BPsEbZ8.jpg

Just downloaded a cracked HearthCrawler after you guys mentioned it. Doesn't seem to be the smartest AI. (Tried it against bots.) Lost three consecutive times to Expert AI. Are the ones that you encounter in ranked really that difficult to get by?

zoukka

Just downloaded a cracked HearthCrawler after you guys mentioned it. Doesn't seem to be the smartest AI. (Tried it against bots.) Lost three consecutive times to Expert AI. Are the ones that you encounter in ranked really that difficult to get by?

Why would you do that...

manhack

I don't think it is so much the quality of play. They usually run zoo and are just able to rack up wins through brute force as much as anything. Especially since zoo is so consistent.

I don't think it is so much the quality of play. They usually run zoo and are just able to rack up wins through brute force as much as anything. Especially since zoo is so consistent.

Ah, got it. So it's the combination of Zoolock + bots that are driving people crazy. How would you detect that you're playing against a bot with that deck then? Considering there really isn't much variation between what a human player would do and what the AI would do in zoo decks.

Yesterday someone was streaming a bot playing token druid and it was making fairly good plays and beating people at rank 4, maybe the cracked version uses older scripts or whatever?

Special C

For heroic Razuvious I'm pretty sure
Circle of Healing, Divine Spirit, and Inner fire on turn 3
is an auto-win.

I hit him twice for 14, then he ran his weapon into the guy for 14 more. He was down to 10 after that

gutshot

Ah, got it. So it's the combination of Zoolock + bots that are driving people crazy. How would you detect that you're playing against a bot with that deck then? Considering there really isn't much variation between what a human player would do and what the AI would do in zoo decks.

I think the main tell is a slow playstyle. Even when the play is obvious the bot will still take a few seconds to make a move. No emoting or hovering either. Although it sounds like the bot makers may be getting smart and start adding some of that stuff to their scripts.

Played 3 Arena runs today and I chose Rogue everytime. Every run ended 1-3 in a lose/lose/win/lose order. I mean how the fuck people are able to draft decks like I've seen today!? One Pally had Black Knight, Tirion, 2 Belchers, 2 Spectral Knights, 2 Argus' and shitloads of buffs etc. etc. My best drafts for Rogue were an Ambusher and an AssBlade. No Deadly Poisons, Agents, Eviscerates, Cold Bloods...

A month or two ago I got 5-8 wins easily with pretty shitty cards but now it feels like I'm always facing like some constructed decks. Has the "matchmaking" changed somehow or am I just getting bad at this, dammit.

Heroic.

One turn left.

Webspinner dies.

King.

Motherfucking.

Krush.

Webspinner has been consistently good to me. I think I got Krush 4 times yesterday alone. Also got parrot a couple times, too, but I guess karma needs to balance itself. Webspinner was such a good card for the Hunter class. Blizzard has been delicate about Hunter changes, since it's been so hard to balance, but I think Webspinner was just what the class needed without shifting the scale much at all.

Still think King Krush itself is pretty hard to play in constructed. 9 mana...Geh.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member

Huh, I noticed my win percentage in arena has been going way down lately. I thought maybe I'm either getting worse or the people I'm playing are getting better. Now I'm suspicious I'm facing Super Bots!

Zemm

Such a strange game to bot. There's no monetary gain right? They can't trade cards or gold to a legit account. If they start to play once at legend they'll more than likely start losing. I can't think of a reason to do this other than 'because I can'. Hard one for blizzard to deal with, with it being so easy to make new accounts.

Edit: or I guess running it for a month or so and getting a ton of cards then start playing properly is another reason.

mercviper

How do I beat the stupid gothic on heroic without Alex?

I ran soulpriest + circle and other aoe in an inner fire deck with defender argus. Basically making heavy use of the 0 power minions you're getting on the board for free. If you can stabilize the board enough to get ahead, the cards he draws isn't really enough to bring him back in the lead.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody tried heroic gothik with a mill deck? Using Vanish with a full hand would be a pretty sick way to kill all his stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You get Gothik to deck himself out.

Run both sets of taunt givers because those spirits are really good for setting up walls.

7 minions on the board? No fucking problem, time to break out those Mind Control techs you've been saving for months.

Aylinato

You get Gothik to deck himself out.

Run both sets of taunt givers because those spirits are really good for setting up walls.

7 minions on the board? No fucking problem, time to break out those Mind Control techs you've been saving for months.

Yeah I tried that. Idk I just sick at unnecessarily hard encounters

Cipherr

Anyone been encountering a lot of bots? I hadn't read up on them until now. But apparently the vast majority of legend players are AI controlled? Did someone just make a zoo or druid AI or what?

Mmmhmm, word is getting out. Some folks thought it was just iPad players but its not, its actual bots and theres a ton of people running them. I thought it would take weeks for word to get around but apparently its happening faster. Hopefully they find a way to ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom