• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaxident

Finally beat horseman heroic, needed about 5 games to get lucky enough to have the ideal draw to have all 3 killed by turn 4 lol, used a hunter

Played heroic baron as priest.

Killed his three horsemen in the usual ways (
sw:p, science + smite, holy fire + deathlord hit
). Used ooze on his two swords. I played two minions for the rest of the game, which he removed, and he frostbolted my face a couple times, but that was it. I just healed myself and passed, since my deck had almost no minions, and he just tapped himself into fatigue and didn't do anything at all. For the last 5 turns he just passed with 10 cards in hand, counter fitting cards and then taking fatigue. I finished with 30 hp.

Played heroic baron as priest.

Killed his three horsemen in the usual ways (
sw:p, science + smite, holy fire + deathlord hit
). Used ooze on his two swords. I played two minions for the rest of the game, which he removed, and he frostbolted my face a couple times, but that was it. I just healed myself and passed, since my deck had almost no minions, and he just tapped himself into fatigue and didn't do anything at all. For the last 5 turns he just passed with 10 cards in hand, counter fitting cards and then taking fatigue. I finished with 30 hp.

The best way to beat heroic baron imo is to use cabal shadow priest on one of the horsemen. Then your hero is immune to damage. Shadowword pain on the other two. SO easy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mhm, that's why Equality and Doomsayer are banned, but not other stuff.

Cipherr

Yeah I thought I was being clever Facelessing his Horsemen on turn 5 then Cabaling the other two on turns 6 and 7 but they rarely if ever last a full turn. He pretty much ALWAYS had removal in his hand just waiting. I beat him but it took a few tries.

Banning cards is BS though. I'm still really disappointed in these heroics. The class challenges are better design than the cheaty heroics that just break the games rules to create a challenge.

Really doomsayer and equality aren't even that great against Heroic Rivendare. If you clear the other three horsemen too fast, he just gets his sword and hits you for 8/9 every turn and you die. I'm guessing the developers only banned those two cards because they didn't want the encounter to be a burn race that would be over by turn 5.

Xanathus

Huh I've already encountered 3 Warlocks who AREN'T playing zoo or handlock on ladder, it looks like they just threw together some sort of standard value control deck with Azure Drakes, Yetis but they also have Naxx cards like Eggs with Hellfire/Mortal Coil to activate them. Admittedly I'm playing on the lower ladder ranks ~15 because I'm only going on ranked to do my dailies this season but I would have expected more zoo and bots. Maybe the bots already at rank 5 haha.

biaxident

Huh I've already encountered 3 Warlocks who AREN'T playing zoo or handlock on ladder, it looks like they just threw together some sort of standard value control deck with Azure Drakes, Yetis but they also have Naxx cards like Eggs with Hellfire/Mortal Coil to activate them.

That's the good thing with adding cards, creates new decks so it's not as stale. Already ran into the baron shaman deck, 3 nerubian eggs was fun to kill, then get owned by.

So I finally got heroic Gothik down, four horseman was much easier IMO. For Gothik I used
Naturalize on his 5/6 minion for a cheap kill and also to make him bleed cards, also used coldlight oracle for the same purpose and to keep my card draw up.

lCherUJ.jpg

Motw and savage roar were pretty useful on the spirits. I also had a really good starting hand and first draw. 2x Nerubian egg with Savage Roar and Innervate, was able to drop both eggs on turn 2 and pop em both on turn 3.

I tried a priest using auchenai soulpriest/mass heal with divine spirit/inner fire on the big spirits. I could get close but I just couldn't seal the deal.

Xanathus

That's the good thing with adding cards, creates new decks so it's not as stale. Already ran into the baron shaman deck, 3 nerubian eggs was fun to kill, then get owned by.

They weren't very effective though, they're definitely worse than regular zoo because putting in cards like Azure kind of works against the benefit of Warlock's hero power. If they wanted to play like that there are other classes that work better with those cards.

biaxident

They weren't very effective though, they're definitely worse than regular zoo because putting in cards like Azure kind of works against the benefit of Warlock's hero power. If they wanted to play like that there are other classes that work better with those cards.

Least it's not zoo though, so that's a plus. Maybe someday we'll see an all demon warlock deck be good....some day

God ... playing against these myriads of Zoo-Bots nowadays is so annoying.
They try to hide it by randomly targeting minions but it's still sooo obvious.
Great sign for the game if a Zoo-Bot is enough to get to legend ....

Edit: And now directly after that a Shaman Bot. It's getting out of hand!

Minsc

Gold Member
God ... playing against these myriads of Zoo-Bots nowadays is so annoying.
They try to hide it by randomly targeting minions but it's still sooo obvious.
Great sign for the game if a Zoo-Bot is enough to get to legend ....

Edit: And now directly after that a Shaman Bot. It's getting out of hand!

If the bot code was improved (and said improvements are on the way), to the point you couldn't tell with visual elements or by the pacing of their turns... it'd make for an interesting observation in the sense you could be facing bots in 75% of your matches thinking you're playing real people every one... and I guess would you even care? If you think they're real people, I suppose not.

CoolOff

If the bot code was improved (and said improvements are on the way), to the point you couldn't tell with visual elements or by the pacing of their turns... it'd make for an interesting observation in the sense you could be facing bots in 75% of your matches thinking you're playing real people every one... and I guess would you even care? If you think they're real people, I suppose not.

I'm having trouble seeing the problem with the bots due to this. At least they don't BM.

...yet...

Tacitus_

Yeesh, shockadin doesn't really work with the current meta. I think I lost 10ish games and won one or two before I caved in and made a control paladin to get that 60g daily done.

ViviOggi

Lmao at this Zookeeper adding me (Control Warrior) because I'm pure trash, made 20 (!) mistakes and only won because of my perfect draws and of course immediately deleting me before I could respond. Poor babby didn't get what it wanted :((

I'd rather play bots tbh, at least with those I won't have to imagine their sneering faces while they hammer down their double topdick of Soulfire and Doomguard for last-minute lethal.

Haunted

I need to win against this Heroic Gothik motherfucker before the next wing is out, but I definitely need to take a break from trying right now.

That ramp up is seriously strong.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How to beat Paladin as Priest.

Step 1: Make sure the Paladin does not have equality in his hand.
Step 2: Play Deathlord on Turn 3.
Step 3: On Turn 4, play Divine Spirit and Inner Fire. Hit face for 16.
Step 4: Paladin concedes.

ViviOggi

How to beat Paladin as Priest.

Step 1: Make sure the Paladin does not have equality in his hand.
Step 2: Play Deathlord on Turn 3.
Step 3: On Turn 4, play Divine Spirit and Inner Fire. Hit face for 16.
Step 4: Paladin concedes.
How do you check for Equality before turn 3? I need to know.

People already believe they are facing 75% bots lol... I still haven't seen a single one personally so I kinda doubt the numbers people are facing.

daemissary

If I had to choose between playing against infinite bots or the people I've been playing against recently who take their full turn every turn, I'll take the bots all day.

ShinNL

Don't you get it guys? These challenges teach us how awesome Voodoo Doctor is and that we should play that card more in constructed.

On another note: botters should be banned, period.

Special C

Gothik was definitely the hardest boss.

It took me two hours just on that boss.

Horsemen(which I hated in vanilla, but beat it back then) wasn't bad but I messed up the 1st attempt

I fatigued him to death with Naturalize, Deathlord, Dancing Swords, and Coldlight. Threw in my own Abominations and Unstable ghouls to help keep the board clear. Super Value Swipes on Abominations deals 3 damage to all his minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom