• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah I tried that. Idk I just sick at unnecessarily hard encounters

In case you want inspiration:

ij9QxAQpaUU0y.png

Dancing Swords, in particular, was a star for me. Since Gothik was drawing infinite cards anyway, one more couldn't possibly hurt, and it would just deck him faster. So, free value.

I got a pretty rad shaman deck going after this last wing. If it holds up I'll post it but I'm sure others people have build simular if not better decks

Kenaras

Gothik was actually the first heroic I cleared this week, and the easiest of the three. Used
Mill Druid with Naturalize, Coldlight Oracle, Dancing Swords, Sunfury Protector, Defender of Argus, Poison Seeds, Starfall, and so on. Goal was to just stay alive and clear his board until he ran out of cards and fatigued himself to death.

Razuvious gave me the most trouble, but I was trying to wrong strategies. Was easy once it dawned on me to use
Divine Spirit + Inner Fire Priest.

Haly

Yeah, see, I didn't even think of Naturalize, but that would've been great.

Yeah, see, I didn't even think of Naturalize, but that would've been great.

Coldlight Oracle is pretty good too. I thought it would be fun to try to fatigue/discard him with a Rogue vanish based deck, but I eventually gave up and just went druid + taunts. It was too dependent on getting shadowsteps and the Oracles and then the vanish. I always seemed to get just two out of three. Druid did it in one try by comparison.

For Baron, I went priest and basically stalled until Cabal Shadow Priest, shadow word pain one, shadow word death the other if the secret procs, shadow madness, etc, Deathlord is especially good because he has no other minions that can proc from the deathrattle. Razuvious I think I went Pally with oozes and the 1 mana spell buffs to pump up the acolytes, divine shield to protect. Priest would have been much easier, but I really wanted to kill him by using Eye for an Eye.

Minsc

Gold Member
Mmmhmm, word is getting out. Some folks thought it was just iPad players but its not, its actual bots and theres a ton of people running them. I thought it would take weeks for word to get around but apparently its happening faster. Hopefully they find a way to ban them.

What's funny is before that thread got deleted, someone mentioned there's a bot that streams (heh), and the bot encountered another bot, so it was bot wars! It's actually kinda a funny image to imagine millions of bots playing each other for virtual money they can't trade on Blizzard's servers with no real players left.

Edit: In some ways a CCG where you programmed the AI to play against other people's AIs and fight thousands of battles in tournaments while you're AFK would actually be pretty interesting.

Edit: In some ways a CCG where you programmed the AI for to play other people's AIs and fight thousands of battles in tournaments while you're AFK would actually be pretty interesting.

I would play that game/mode. Would be really cool to be able to see the statistics of your own decks and whatnot and use metrics to tinker the code.

On another note, if the bots can get to 12 wins in Arena reliably I kinda want to read the code to figure out what I'm doing wrong in drafting and/or play. Zoo on ranked seems simple enough to code because it's relatively straightforward most of the time, more often it's whether your opening hand + first few turns gets you whatever anti-zoo stuff you run as opposed to Zoo deciding whether to trade or face. But how the AI would treat an Arena draft seems fascinating.

Haly

I wouldn't even know where to start such a thing.

Jrmint

Has anyone experimented removing their Azure Drakes for Spectral Knights yet? If so are you missing the card draw a lot? Really indecisive about this choice.

Aylinato

Has anyone experimented removing their Azure Drakes for Spectral Knights yet? If so are you missing the card draw a lot? Really indecisive about this choice.

Which deck?
I find Amaz priest would be good to swap being that I feel it has too much draw

Miracle rogue might be nice too

Aylinato

Trump has been pissing me off with just god awful plays.

He cabal shadow priested a spider over the web slinger. Such a bad choice

Control warrior guy swears by the Spectral guy, it is a really annoying minion to remove, a bunch of decks simply don't have good answers to it. Paladin can equality it but do you really want to equality a 5drop? Probably eats a peacekeeper right away and that's only on a 4attack minion so good deal regardless. Druid kinda needs to FoN it or have enough board to roar but they'll lose a bunch of stuff in the process, priest removal for such a mob is terrible you have to auchenai+circle then do 2more with nova or double spell pyro both of which are terrible, rogue more or less has to deadly poison and face tank it then play either blade flurry or fan+SI7 which is a lot of mana and cards. In comparison the drake rarely lasts more than the turn it's played on, so even though it cycles that's kinda meh.

Not sure you'd use it in priest, can't heal it so sounds a bit meh. Seems like a solid contender for Arcane drake, you don't cycle it but it sticks a lot better and is a nightmare for certain decks. This and Loatheb sure fills that cost issue nicely.

Haunted

Has anybody tried heroic gothik with a mill deck? Using Vanish with a full hand would be a pretty sick way to kill all his stuff.
I tried that with a Druid (Naturalise/Coldlight/Dancing Swords), but I was missing Mukla and generally couldn't get it to work because he usually dumps his hand like a Zoo.

Vanish might be a good idea!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've been playing on a surface pro since day one with no issue.. this windows 8 integration sucks..

frequency

Trump has been pissing me off with just god awful plays.

He cabal shadow priested a spider over the web slinger. Such a bad choice

I think his play in general has been less good lately. Since he tried to get top 16 and kept hopping between decks and finally giving up. And then going for a free to play Rogue... and giving up to get to Legend with Zoo. He's been playing other games more often too it seems.

I still watch him occasionally because it's a clean stream and I still think he's a nice guy. I spend more time in Realz's stream now though.

Aylinato

I think his play in general has been less good lately. Since he tried to get top 16 and kept hopping between decks and finally giving up. And then going for a free to play Rogue... and giving up to get to Legend with Zoo. He's been playing other games more often too it seems.

I still watch him occasionally because it's a clean stream and I still think he's a nice guy. I spend more time in Realz's stream now though.

Yeah I can tell that ever since he failed at miracle rogue(which included ignoring any and all advice from hafu) that he just kinda have up

Haunted

It's fine not to be the best. In his Terran SC2 days, Trump never got past Master League and didn't quite make it into the later stages of tournaments, but I still considered him to be an entertaining streamer in his own way.

frequency

It's fine not to be the best. In his Terran SC2 days, Trump never got past Master League and didn't quite make it into the later stages of tournaments, but I still considered him to be an entertaining streamer in his own way.

Oh definitely. I don't expect everyone to be the best. Trump still has a clean stream and he's just a nice guy so I still watch. I find his Hearthstone playing to be a bit boring lately though. There's no music and a lot of "dead air" where he doesn't say anything for a while. And his plays aren't the best so there isn't as much educational value anymore either.

So I go to other streamers like Realz for Hearthstone more often now. I'll watch Trump play other games though.

Haunted

Oh definitely. I don't expect everyone to be the best. Trump still has a clean stream and he's just a nice guy so I still watch. I find his Hearthstone playing to be a bit boring lately though. There's no music and a lot of "dead air" where he doesn't say anything for a while. And his plays aren't the best so there isn't as much educational value anymore either.

So I go to other streamers like Realz for Hearthstone more often now. I'll watch Trump play other games though.
Makes sense. I've switched to watching Trump on YT, the edits are getting rid of most of the dead air and you only get the plays and pertinent commentary. Not the same, but exactly what I want out of the stream/vod atm.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Tempo Storm is essentially always streaming now that Hyped is streaming too. No better players to watch for education.

Zafir

Probably doesn't help that he(Trump) switches a lot. I mean he was playing hunter the past two days and today he decided to go for priest. I think he'd benefit from just choosing a class and sticking with it.

Ah man, I think using Baron Rivendare is the most fun I've ever had so far in Hearthstone. It's a bit gimmicky but damn it's so fun when the combo is there.

Ultrabum

I guess it tries to teach you something but it's so easy, it's just... eh. I won with Jaraxxus (Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.)

I mean, it's 100% RNG. I was all like I can get jaraxxus as a minion, got him out on turn 4, he gets shadow word pained... Rinse repeat for every card I played or had pulled in with soulfire, pain, or death... Just waited till that didn't happen and won, kinda silly.

frequency

Warlock class challenge does a decent job at showing you how terrible many of the Warlock class cards are... and why nerfing their hero ability isn't the proper response to too much Zoo.

It's not very consistent, but when Shaman can get a good combo off it's pure insanity

The thing that's nice is that it's really easy to get simple yet crazy combos. Say guy has a Senjin taunter or something, 1 turn (Rivendare, Leeroy, Ancestral Spirit). Attack with Leeroy, kill taunter, get 2 more Leeroy's, attack for 12 damage.

If you get the combo like the video posted where Rivendare actually survives and doesn't get silenced and you have the cards, game over lol.

Gotchaye

Heroic Razuvious is kind of a dumb fight. It took a whole bunch of runs where sometimes he'd get down fairly low only to top deck Brawl or his weapon (whichever he needed at the time) until finally I won on turn 4 with a
Priest
dream hand.

Heroic Razuvious is kind of a dumb fight. It took a whole bunch of runs where sometimes he'd get down fairly low only to top deck Brawl or his weapon (whichever he needed at the time) until finally I won on turn 4 with a
Priest
dream hand.

Blizz missed the entire point of that fight. It was about controlling the students (4 of them) and keeping them alive as long as possible. They got lazy and just decided they are nothing more then a 1 hit absorb.

Lazy design. Got lucky with a priest and stole a runeblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom