• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaxident

I wonder if they're ever going to add neutral minions that destroy secrets or postpone the activation even (that would be neat). A mage playing ice block 2 straight turns isn't very fun, and only hunters can do anything about it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I dont see u in mumble much. where u at dood
Trying to sleep brother... In bed... Fucking Hearthstone in bed... Been awake what is it now, 55 hours? Uguuu

Trying to sleep brother... In bed... Fucking Hearthstone in bed... Been awake what is it now, 55 hours? Uguuu

can I have some of your vacation time? wtf I don't remember the last time I had 55hrs in a row to myself, let alone that much time to just play hearthstone.

Looks like Trump learned Priest. Rank 28 legend. Not bad.

I watched a few matches. I felt like he made big mistakes several times including overdrawing which was the most obvious one.

One match he lost due to his mistakes vs a handlock where he had an option to clear board but didn't put the pieces together and was too obsessed with saving holy nova for wild pyro and when that time came holy nova pyro was made worthless by his own actions the turn before.

I wasn't impressed by his priest plays after watching amaz and other streamers for a while now play priest better.

But kudos to him on hitting legend anyway.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
It's the only tournament he'd even be willing to go to cause he doesn't want to fly lol.

Dreavus

Playing vs a mill rogue. Dancing swords, coldlight oracle, double vanish, brewmasters to bounce oracles, deathlords, mukla, double sap...

Had 8 cards counter-fitted plus 5 cards die to vanish.

Sounds like a pretty unique strategy. I wonder how long before blizz gives a class (rogue?) a dedicated mill card to help out this type of deck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They just need to make Vanish and Kidnapper not-shit and mill will become consistent.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Savjz is 0-3 down against Reynad.

Didn't ban rogue.

Why o why people are not banning rogue? Every tournament the same shit, some smart ass thinks he can beat miracle and boom.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Savjz is 0-3 down against Reynad.

Didn't ban rogue.

Why o why people are not banning rogue? Every tournament the same shit, some smart ass thinks he can beat miracle and boom.

Reynad's hunter is really good, I would have banned the same since Reynad's miracle rogue is usually awfully unlucky. I'm shocked he won 3.

I'm an expert

I really don't get Reynad's luck.. I can understand him getting lucky with miracle, the deck is designed like that.. but the hunter's mark topdeck on the doomguard.. the explosive trap when Reynad has combo.. it's just honestly insane lol.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
And now 3 games in a row Sav has topdecked the answers in the most insane fashion ever seen to man. Absolute total ridiculousness.

Its even at 3-3 now. Savs topdecks and starting hands have been on a streak that I cannot believe.

The topdecks during the druid match were out of this world.

Every single card he needed.

I'm an expert

Tracking into dogs.. yeah the end.. if you had asked me if I would put money on Reynad getting reverse 4-0ed I totally would have put down 10k. This always happens to him.

I'm an expert

Hitting Leeroy in the face was the wrong call. Deathwinging that board was fine. I don't know man. I just don't get it.

Cipherr

Wow yep Reynad just got destroyed 4 games in a row.... Unreal draws. If this was recorded yesterday then this explains his mood yesterday. He deserves a little salt there, those topdecks....

I'm an expert

And on top of that he got Huffer. Just for kicks ya know.

Not only topdecks but also animal companion rolls... the RNG is strong in this one.

No lie it's sort of totally soured me on HS tournaments. Not because Reynad lost, his first 3 games are essentially meaningless too because they're totally draw dependent. Just because there was really no misplay anywhere except maybe the end of the last game. Otherwise it was literally draw into the answer. Not really fun to watch.

frequency

When you have players of such similar skill levels in a card game, it'll always come down to luck of the draw.

I still find them fun to watch. In fact, I'd say that's what makes it exciting.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
No lie it's sort of totally soured me on HS tournaments. Not because Reynad lost, his first 3 games are essentially meaningless too because they're totally draw dependent. Just because there was really no misplay anywhere except maybe the end of the last game. Otherwise it was literally draw into the answer. Not really fun to watch.

I'm on the other side of the argument.

The RNG makes tournaments fun to watch. It's very frustrating for pros I'm sure, but makes for an exciting experience when there's always that RNG coming from the topdeck every turn.

I'm an expert

I'm on the other side of the argument.

The RNG makes tournaments fun to watch. It's very frustrating for pros I'm sure, but makes for an exciting experience when there's always that RNG coming from the topdeck every turn.

The rng is fine for shit like webspinner, that's fun. Having your lightning storm roll 2 instead of 3 or your juggler hit everything but the one minion you need.. on top of how overpowered draw combos are in this game because of the size of the decks.. watching this as a magic player hurts.

I'm an expert

Which remembers me he also got lucky with that one, got the kodo to stampede the keeper.

Such a perfect streak of RNG

Can't stand by that one because he also got an angry chicken, the worst rng. Again, that kind of rng is fun because it doesn't immediately affect the game.

Watching Reynad talk now he immediately pointed out the hunter's mark.. absolutely any other card and he wins.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i'm out.. fir now.. gnight eks it was good day althkuf too mucj goof game

Cipherr

When you have players of such similar skill levels in a card game, it'll always come down to luck of the draw.

I still find them fun to watch. In fact, I'd say that's what makes it exciting.

Hopefully this gets better if/when they increase deck size and the game has another 100 cards or so....

Maybe.... assuming Blizzard even cares to make it less so. They may be exactly happy with how it is now though, so /shrug.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can't stand by that one because he also got an angry chicken, the worst rng. Again, that kind of rng is fun because it doesn't immediately affect the game.

Watching Reynad talk now he immediately pointed out the hunter's mark.. absolutely any other card and he wins.

Anyways, we won't agree on this.

I enjoy the RNG, it make today's showmatch from my own perspective, exhilarating to watch.

I'm an expert

Anyways, we won't agree on this.

I enjoy the RNG, it make today's showmatch from my own perspective, exhilarating to watch.

It would be exhilarating seeing the players make good plays. That's my only point. Topdecking occurs in any card game.. I just hate how small the deck is and how powerful shit like gadget/cleric/unleash draw is.

Haunted

Heroic Gothik FINALLY down!

Divine Spirit MVP. Perfect followup after the big AoE clears. But there was definitely a lot of luck and RNG involved, because I tried it before with the same exact deck and this time everything came together.

By far the hardest boss so far.

Special C

Thought Blizz was trolling me, I had a 6-3 arena run and one of my 3 rewards was an Ice lance. Then I open my pack and get a Black Knight!

On a side note in arena a Coin/Ambusher Turn 3, followed by Defender of Argus is a monster play. A 6/6 Taunt on turn 4 is hard to deal with, and when they do deal with it, you get your Argus back in your hand

The Adder

Banned
Turn 3 10/10 against a Zoolock. Feels good.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_882014205848_zps64c960b6.png

I'm trying to learn hunter and am so far getting a crash course on burn mage... like out of nowhere all burn mage. I guess that isn't surprising in a way. Just never like playing that deck without heals of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom