• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Riverdare combos require insane setup.

Yeah, as an independent 4 drop he's worse than mogu'shan warden. Then you either need to proc 2 deathrattles from smaller minions or one big minion to get value from him. And he has anti-synergy with a lot of cards like dancing swords or deathlord. He's a very situational card.

Raxus

i think we have a nerf zoo discussion on every page now?

if they do nerf it the devs are going to have to be very creative about how they go about it because zoo is just hyper-efficient at doing the thing the devs want the game to be about.

Personally I found they stealth nerfed it with the introduction of the 2/8 taunter and soon to be a 2/3 1 mana minion. On top of that Ghoul may strictly be for warrior but it is a strong anti-zoo card.

I am starting to see a greater variety of decks now that naxx has been released instead of zoo and miracle every other game.

Personally I found they stealth nerfed it with the introduction of the 2/8 taunter and soon to be a 2/3 1 mana minion. On top of that Ghoul may strictly be for warrior but it is a strong anti-zoo card.

I am starting to see a greater variety of decks now that naxx has been released instead of zoo and miracle every other game.

yeah ghoul is pretty good in priest.

but i have a feeling that zombie chow and that undertaker are going to make zoo even more annoying.

Zemm

I will be incredibly shocked if they nerf warlock/zoo, especially before Druid. It's more likely they do a class overhaul in my opinion. New hero power befitting the class, class specific cards completely redone and not as bad as the current ones. Hype it up as a major patch for the game like they did the WoW class overhauls and bingo.

scy

Balancing Nax cards is easy for blizzard since they dont need to offer full value dust in disenchant.

Why does card dust value have any relevance? The difficulty of balancing the cards is not making the overall situation worse and to not be constantly tweaking things. The dust value is a non-factor as is.

i think we have a nerf zoo discussion on every page now?

We talk about Zoo more often than I see Zoo.

zoukka

The only nerf to zoo I'd like to see now is maybe to add soulfire discard as cost and not effect. Doomguard is fine imo, soulfire is the card that gives zoo some nutty tempo plays all the time.

CoolOff

The only nerf to zoo I'd like to see now is maybe to add soulfire discard as cost and not effect. Doomguard is fine imo, soulfire is the card that gives zoo some nutty tempo plays all the time.

The nerf I think makes the most sense is that they discard cards regardless of whether or not your hand I empty. It stays a strong card for the cost, but running it with an empty hand would be a gamble.

Jrmint

I feel like the best part of Naxx cards is that it's made Control Paladin viable again. In 5 or 6 games I've only lost to a gimmick priest once and zoo once. It's still not super strong against zoo, but that's to be expected. Either way it's definitely a competitive deck again.

Tacitus_

I feel like the best part of Naxx cards is that it's made Control Paladin viable again. In 5 or 6 games I've only lost to a gimmick priest once and zoo once. It's still not super strong against zoo, but that's to be expected. Either way it's definitely a competitive deck again.

I think it's about 50-50. Depends on the start really. If they get a strong start and you didn't draw / mulligan into board wipe and early presence, it's a lost game. The other way around though, they'll have trouble going through the endless taunts and having to follow the rules.

Jrmint

I think it's about 50-50. Depends on the start really. If they get a strong start and you didn't draw / mulligan into board wipe and early presence, it's a lost game. The other way around though, they'll have trouble going through the endless taunts and having to follow the rules.
True, against strong aggro control pally has, and will continue to struggle if draws don't go well. Control vs control though with Pally running Sludge and Spectral Knight I've found Pally is favored.

zoukka

If you play the "drop minions that are tempo and value and immune to any shenanigans until you play treemen and roar", then yeah. Fuck you too.

Zoo is soft pudding compared to druid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Know what's better than two Druids of the Claw?
7751_gold.png

4 of them!

zoukka

Know what's better than two Druids of the Claw?
7751_gold.png

4 of them!

I'd take Claws anyday over Knight.

Another Hearthstone tournament being streamed now.
http://www.twitch.tv/onenationofgamers

1st game is Forsen vs Reynad.

edit: oh god they mixed up the players between Forsen and Reynad so the casters think that Forsen is playing Handlock when he's actually the Druid

And first game perfectly illustrating what's wrong with Druid.

Tacitus_

True, against strong aggro control pally has, and will continue to struggle if draws don't go well. Control vs control though with Pally running Sludge and Spectral Knight I've found Pally is favored.

Mmh, I don't run Spectral Knight but I feel I've won most of my vs control matches with the kolento deck anyway.

zoukka

it's 9 mana for 14 damage stop being a baby and learn how to play against druid!

No it isn't. It's 9 mana for 14 damage, unless you also happen to have any other minions on board, which is a very common occurrence.

And it's not even the combo I dislike the most, it's the Ancient of Cards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you play the "drop minions that are tempo and value and immune to any shenanigans until you play treemen and roar", then yeah. Fuck you too.

Zoo is soft pudding compared to druid.
I don't do treemen and roar :) I just play the control value game.

Tarazet

Soulfire can fuck you up so badly.. I've had so many occasions that what I got was "deal 4 damage, discard Leeroy Jenkins." And one way or another, at least Warlock games are usually quick because they accelerate everything. I will take that over Priests running you down to fatigue game after game.

Xanathus

Huh, Spectral Knight is surprisingly good in Control Warrior decks but it looks like it needs to be paired with a Sunfury or Argus.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck that was intense

Ultrabum

I just had the shamen dream. Unbound into feral spirit opening. Pretty even game. Then, with the Druid on 16 hp I draw a second rock biter and do 16 dmg with the doomhammer. Pretty silly.

Yoshichan

You know what's funny here? If he had been SLIGHTLY faster before, he could've hero power'd and won (since he was 1dmg off).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom