• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I kinda like it, its obviously not the huge budget MLG, GOMtv, Blizzcon thing with the big purses and live video and whatnot, but its still neat that these little tourneys pop up, I like watching them a little more than watching just the normal game streams.
I have nothing but tremendous respect for the poor souls organizing and producing these tournaments without spectator functionality.

Zemm

I kinda like it, its obviously not the huge budget MLG, GOMtv, Blizzcon thing with the big purses and live video and whatnot, but its still neat that these little tourneys pop up, I like watching them a little more than watching just the normal game streams.

yeah it's not bad, the main problem was them getting the scores mixed up for a while.

ViviOggi

assuming it's in whatever content database they're using. is blizzard aggressive about taking down their music?
I don't know about Blizzard in particular but Twitch has been muting basically anything including ingame music without action from the copyright holder.

Cipherr

Oooooh... So close Reynad, was almost close to having a chance at a win there.

Pi6g9nF.gif

Tacitus_

I don't know about Blizzard in particular but Twitch has been muting basically anything including ingame music without action from the copyright holder.

Blizz has been very helpful in the past. When youtube had a shitfit with copyright strikes recently-ish (this year or the last), Blizz vowed they had nothing to do with strikes on their games and had a helpline or something for the affected.

Googles influence I guess. =/

yeah. but it's the price we have to pay for twitch surviving. they don't have a sustainable business model. they were only trying to grow a huge audience so they would become enough of a threat to get bought out.

it's funny seeing people trying to move over to hitbox. what do they think hitbox's long term plans are?

ViviOggi

Reynad playing so damn fast, learned from his previous games or full tilt?
Blizz has been very helpful in the past. When youtube had a shitfit with copyright strikes recently-ish (this year or the last), Blizz vowed they had nothing to do with strikes on their games and had a helpline or something for the affected.
Ah, that's nice.

Tacitus_

yeah. but it's the price we have to pay for twitch surviving. they don't have a sustainable business model. they were only trying to grow a huge audience so they would become enough of a threat to get bought out.

it's funny seeing people trying to move over to hitbox. what do they think hitbox's long term plans are?

I'm of similar minds as TB on this issue. Something like this was going to happen sooner or later, but going after ingame music that's made just for the game and owned by the studio is overdoing it greatly.

Zafir

Oh, I'm not denying that.

It's more I find googles decisions annoying... I get why they do it, to avoid potential law suits. It just ruins the experience though for people wanting to watch back, and I don't think it's even damaging for the copyright holders, if anything it's free advertising.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hTThT8S.png

This. Fucking. Card. as a druid... I fucking HATEEEEEEEEEEE this thing...

Xanathus

Glad Lucky is winning, I want to update my Shaman deck with Naxx cards and I missed checking out his deck during the intermission.
edit: I spoke too soon BibleThump
edit2: yay Lucky won, his 5 mana cards are weird, Spectral Knight and Loatheb. I'd kinda prefer Doomhammer over Spectral Knight.

CoolOff

I got tired of trying to tweak my Control Warrior and still get raped by zoo, so I netdecked something because I wanted to level my Warrior anyway. Went with this and I'm 5/5 so far at rank 10ish EU:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/66170-colma-tempo-warrior-top-50-legend

2 were zoo, 2 druids, and a weird demon-lock. It seems people don't really know how to play against it at this level.

8 straight until I got a freezemage down to 1HP without having the reach to kill her.

Had a guy kill my Alexstraza, but then I got 2 more because DUPLICATE

He got me down to 3 health but I said NOPE, got 15 health back with DUPLICATED Alexstraza

Killed that and got me low again but NOPE SORRY ALEXSTRAZA AGAIN

Then I won the game

Ashodin

Had a guy kill my Alexstraza, but then I got 2 more because DUPLICATE

He got me down to 3 health but I said NOPE, got 15 health back with DUPLICATED Alexstraza

Killed that and got me low again but NOPE SORRY ALEXSTRAZA AGAIN

Then I won the game

Footage of you

lol-nope-1.jpg

Tacitus_

Trump is Legend 11. He may have finally found a deck for his play style with Priest.

I think he made it to around 20ish two seasons back before dropping ranks on the last few days of the seasons. Hopefully he can stay up there this time, I like him as a player.

Just played against a Warlock who had Alarm-o-Bot. He alarmed in a Thrallmar Farseer, and gave it Power Overwhelming, but I guess it couldn't attack because of summoning sickness.

He then quit. Oh well, an easy third win for my daily quest.

These are the first streams I've ever tried watching and it's a little depressing just how much of an influence luck is having on these matches.

The thing is, when both players are playing extremely well and making all the right moves, it is often these small advantages created by RNG that can be leveraged into a win. Sure, luck influences it, but to a large degree because both players are playing at a high level. The thing that makes skill win out is the results over the course of several rounds and matches over series or even an entire tournament.

As more and more cards are added to the game, the depth of skill actually increases as well as more and more possible decks come out.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Facing a Twilight Drake and don't have an Earth Shock handy? That's fine, just use Reincarnate to bring it to 1 hp and kill it with your Searing Totem! huehuehuehuehuehuehue

Facing a Twilight Drake and don't have an Earth Shock handy? That's fine, just use Reincarnate to bring it to 1 hp and kill it with your Searing Totem! huehuehuehuehuehuehue

I love facing handlock with my hunter deck I took from tempostorm lol...

I mean, even if I made my own deck it would be fairly good against the deck, but for some reason despite only having 1 ironbeak owl and 1 deadly shot I seem to always get them when needed.

Special C

I just had a 6 game arena run with Rogue where I (over)drafted 3 Defias Ringleaders. I'm not exageerating on this. I had coin 3 games, No Ringleader in my hand even after Mulligans. I had "first" 3 games, Had a Ringleader in my opening hand every time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How could you hate Scar? He's just so cute and cuddly and wants to give you a big hug.
It's not necessarily Mufasa that's the issue, it's his fucking son and daughter that come afterwards that's the problem! FUCK Simba and Nala!

Zafir

Yeah. I did that when I drafted it in arena the other day. It just has so many uses it's crazy.

frequency

Rank 3 Trump Hype!

Trump Legend 2 now!

Crazy. I'm sad I missed his Priest climb. I was wrong to have written him off like that. I thought it would be a repeat of the last 2 seasons.

He just beat Rdu (who playing Miracle) too.

I guess it really was Trump just had to find a deck to stick to. Priest seems way more fitting for him than Miracle did.

Zafir

Trump Legend 2 now!

Crazy. I'm sad I missed his Priest climb. I was wrong to have written him off like that. I thought it would be a repeat of the last 2 seasons.

He just beat Rdu (who playing Miracle) too.

I guess it really was Trump just had to find a deck to stick to. Priest seems way more fitting for him than Miracle did.

Watching priest is so crazy. I saw him thought steal a Cenarius and a Rag earlier and now he just got a Leeroy and Shadowstep, lol.

frequency

Priest is by far the most entertaining class to watch. Amaz's tournament games with it are always the most fun too. Love love love Priest.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Deathrattle Shaman is a lot of fun. My deck is obviously screaming for Sylvanas and Undertakers. I've thought about trying to fit feugen and stalagg in there too, but I'm not sure I could make that work.

bhJRu3H.jpg

I've thought about removing the Deathlords as they are obviously anti-synergy with much of the deck, but they are very powerful when pair with flametongue totem and great against zoo. Hopefully if deathlords become popular enough, just the threat of them are enough to squeeze zoo out of the meta and I can take them out. I'm also not sure that Harvest Golems are doing quite as much work as they could, maybe they'll make more sense once the Undertakers make their way in next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom