• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinNL

Sweet. Going to nuke my rares.

I am trying to follow other successful deck plans, but I am lacking too many key cards, while I have dozens of golden rares that I never use.
You will regret it though. I've done a ton of Gold dusting and complete whole class dusting, including epics. My advice is not to dust any Gold card dusting, just not worth it since it's a thousand fold harder to get them than getting the cards you need out of a pack.

If it's a golden Bane of Doom though... yeah, dust that without regret xD

Haunted

ooooh

O0haevw.png

Starting to see some off-the-wall warlock decks this week. It's like they're actually trying to use some of their other class cards. Somebody was running two twisting nethers in their deck. I don't think I had even seen that card played once before, nevermind twice in the same game.
Twisting Nether into Jaraxxus was my favourite combo in the game for a while. :D

CoolOff

So, yesterdays zoos have been replaced by miraclerogues.

I get that they're trying to balance the game by introducing new cards like Loatheb, but how is this build allowed to stay like it is anyway just on the basis of all that player interaction that they talked about when freeze mage was nerfed? How is miracle different?

ShinNL

I get that they're trying to balance the game by introducing new cards like Loatheb, but how is this build allowed to stay like it is anyway just on the basis of all that player interaction that they talked about when freeze mage was nerfed? How is miracle different?
So you had a hard time against Miracle Rogue and didn't decide to swap in some Deathlords, Spectral Knight and Loatheb to force board interaction? Mmm....

Tarazet

What the hell did I just see. A warlock that started with flame imps and voidwalkers, had a voidcaller, a void terror, sludge belchers, raging worgens, siphon souls, shadowflames and demonfires and acolytes of pain.

I think you forgot you were playing in arena? :D

Took 2 days off, 1 to learn midrange hunter, and 1 to just do other things and ignore hearthstone. Today came back and loaded up hunter after being annoyed with my rogue, and easily went from 8-5 with only 1 loss.

I think I'll try my rogue again once zombie chow comes out. Maybe. There is just like a problem with running out of steam. So maybe I'll put undertaker in, zombie chow, loot hoarder, remove faerie dragon, and use those cards to get board early.

I wish rogues had some amaze balls class card like highmane. That would improve my decks consistency a lot.

Like said, there are more than just loatheb helping vs miracle rogue. They add cards like loatheb not to demolish those decks but to provide counterplay so the meta doesn't stagnate. I suspect miracle rogue came about due to the heavy control and hunter meta of the past day or two. I didn't play much ranked yesterday so I can't be sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did something happen to Kripp? tidesoftime chat is raving on, or just mass scale troll on twitch
He's on a trip to his girlfriend and relatives. I follow him on Instagram and he's posting pictures of him petting turtles and stuff.

MedIC86

He's on a trip to his girlfriend and relatives. I follow him on Instagram and he's posting pictures of him petting turtles and stuff.

Oh well they are saying he died in a car accident that some romanian newspaper was posting about it. But again i think its just trolling.

CoolOff

So you had a hard time against Miracle Rogue and didn't decide to swap in some Deathlords, Spectral Knight and Loatheb to force board interaction? Mmm....

I run Loatheb, double Sen'Jin, double Sludge Belcher. Doesn't really matter when they start rolling.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
My significant other was trying to sell me on Bane of Doom. I just think it's too expensive.. Twisting Nether for the same reason. Freeze Mage can board clear pretty much whenever it wants to for 5 mana (Doomsayer + Frost Nova).

Its basically mindgames but with damage, lol.

ShinNL

I'm not sure how much I'll care about the new Priest class card, Dancing Swords is so much more threatening. On turn 3, or any turn where you have 3 spare mana.

And since Priest is so good at keeping minions alive, your opponent will be much more pressured.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The thing about Kripp is bullshit. Chat ALWAYS trolls about these kinds of things. Day9 has died, MaximusBlack has died, etc etc.

It's stupid and infuriating as fuck.

Water

Can't stop laughing. This deck is hilarious to play whatever the outcome, hahaha.
You were not kidding. I built that deck and played it for ~10 matches. Lost a few horribly, but had fun all the way and some really epic games. Funniest wins were against a miracle and a rebirth shaman with Earth Eles and Cairnes. He had the board for the whole game, up to 3 Cairnes and mini-Cairnes at a time. I stole the game with an empty board against full board (would have lost on his turn) with Oracle-bounce-Oracle-Naturalize - that was >20 damage and even the last card was needed for lethal.

I didn't have a second Nourish, but I figured Loatheb is OK for that slot. At the very least it's good lulz to first fill someone's hand, then prevent them from emptying it.

Loving control mage. I feel like I am loosing for 90% of every match, then over two turns or so I just blow them up.

The number of WP's I get at the end of matches had dropped dramatically, but I don't mind!

zoukka

There's nothing to defend, unless you for some reason approve of endless emote strings and strategic insight such as "rekt" and "topdick".

Gives gaming a shitty face.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I so want to read your post before your edit...

I just said it's all in fun. How could anyone get angry about shit like Twitch chat.. hell, I never even understood the idea of a chat in a place with thousands of people. I was not surprised when I first starting watching these streams and realized the chat was just sort of meant to be like the noise of a crowd at a sport event. Although, it's also cool when people with much less viewers can actually interact with chat. Otherwise, you get dumb shit like people paying Reynad $2 just to ensure he reads their chat line.

Either way, つ ◕_◕ ༽つ AMENO つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

There's nothing to defend, unless you for some reason approve of endless emote strings and strategic insight such as "rekt" and "topdick".

Gives gaming a shitty face.

Oh, yes, I do approve of that. Again, it's fun. People who get rekt gotta know they got rekt.

I'm not sure how much I'll care about the new Priest class card, Dancing Swords is so much more threatening. On turn 3, or any turn where you have 3 spare mana.

And since Priest is so good at keeping minions alive, your opponent will be much more pressured.

It is like yeti but with text.

I can't imagine any priest ever not running the card as well.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Well, I definitely wasn't saying you should have any investment in it. I disable it sometimes too if I'm in multiple windows. It would be nice if they could find out a chat system for so many people.

Well, I definitely wasn't saying you should have any investment in it. I disable it sometimes too if I'm in multiple windows. It would be nice if they could find out a chat system for so many people.

They really need multiple channels people can easily jump into based on their preferences.

Like a casual channel for spamming jokes...

A channel for people who want to learn something.

A channel for more advanced players.

Right now I just ignore chat and shut it off or use pop out.

Yoshichan

Group chat, or categories that the channel boss can decide the names of.

ShinNL

You were not kidding. I built that deck and played it for ~10 matches. Lost a few horribly, but had fun all the way and some really epic games. Funniest wins were against a miracle and a rebirth shaman with Earth Eles and Cairnes. He had the board for the whole game, up to 3 Cairnes and mini-Cairnes at a time. I stole the game with an empty board against full board (would have lost on his turn) with Oracle-bounce-Oracle-Naturalize - that was >20 damage and even the last card was needed for lethal.

I didn't have a second Nourish, but I figured Loatheb is OK for that slot. At the very least it's good lulz to first fill someone's hand, then prevent them from emptying it.
Haha, yeah, I've had some games too where I snuck in a win while not being able to control the board. I'm still debating on Nourish: you can never use it for card draw so the 2nd one always ends up as a dead card. I was thinking of maybe swapping those 2 out and then another card, for 2x starfall as normal removal and 1 poison seeds for debugging big threats. And if those 2 cards happen to be together, it can be used as a 9 mana full clear.

Loatheb is an excellent idea, I run that in my Mill Rogue deck because of Vanish and Ambusher.

It's always awesome when someone on GAF tries your own made deck and shares their experience, so thanks! :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Got both Onyxia and Ragnaros in the same arena draft. HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGG

Also, Duplicate with Twilight Drake is actually a pretty awesome combo. Increases the number of cards in your hands, so the drakes are even stronger.

Haunted

Seeing a Leeroy kill himself with the whelps because I have a Knife Juggler up is one of the funniest things that can happen in Hearthstone.

Strider

So starting a few days ago every time I quit hearthstone it crashes my PC. I get an error "Windows 8 is not responding..." and I have to restart my PC to regain functionality.

I did a search and I'm not the only one experiencing this. it seems it's happening to users with Windows 8.1.

Any of you experience this?

Xanathus

So starting a few days ago every time I quit hearthstone it crashes my PC. I get an error "Windows 8 is not responding..." and I have to restart my PC to regain functionality.

I did a search and I'm not the only one experiencing this. it seems it's happening to users with Windows 8.1.

Any of you experience this?

Set compatibility mode for Hearthstone.exe to Windows 7.

So I've been playing, nothing serious and mainly arenas forever and been reading this thread once in awhile and keeping up tabs but I had to share a story of an arena game I just had.

I played Mad Bomber.

He plays Deathlord.

I played Sorcerer's Apprentice and Frostbolt the Deathlord.

He plays Argent Protector(?) can't remember the name, gives Divine Shield 2/2 on the Deathlord and plays a 1/1.

I Dark Iron Dwarf the Bomber and kill the Deathlord with the apprentice - I spawn a Boulderfist Ogre (Ouch!)

He accidentally Tinkmaster Oversparks the Dwarf instead of the Ogre and it turns into a 5/5

He conceded. I actually felt bad.

Ultrabum

I haven't seen a single ZOO all morning, which is nice because I'm playing a pre-naxx like shamen. Undefeated this morning and I climbed 3 ranks and now it matches me up against people several ranks higher lol.

People like to complain about zoo top decking soulfire or doomguard, but I can only imagine the hand-lock's disgust as I top deck earthshock for his 4/9 drake. Sometimes the RNG turns up always in your favor and its just like LOLOLOLOL.

Interesting, getting hunter to level 10 took 11 ranked wins from 22-15. Playing on EU atm.

Also, webspinner can only get you minions you can collect as cards. Nothing from animal companion for example.

Haha, yeah, I've had some games too where I snuck in a win while not being able to control the board. I'm still debating on Nourish: you can never use it for card draw so the 2nd one always ends up as a dead card. I was thinking of maybe swapping those 2 out and then another card, for 2x starfall as normal removal and 1 poison seeds for debugging big threats. And if those 2 cards happen to be together, it can be used as a 9 mana full clear.

Loatheb is an excellent idea, I run that in my Mill Rogue deck because of Vanish and Ambusher.

It's always awesome when someone on GAF tries your own made deck and shares their experience, so thanks! :)

Really having fun with this deck in Casual. There's a lot of directions you can take the early game. Throwing out Dancing Swords Turn 1 followed by Deathlords without a care really panics the unaware. I've had a few that ended well in my favor doing just that and not even needing the Milling combos.

That said, when it fails (mostly against Zoo and the like) it fails hard.

Hunter doubles down on buzzards =
6kTZJJ4.jpg

Kettch

Since I think no one answered, pretty sure Sylvannis is only in the deck so you can shadow word death it yourself and steal an enemies big minion. Its like Sylvannis+reincarnate only worse.

Yeah, from what I watched of Trump playing (like 10 games), it didn't look very useful to me. Something like Loetheb ought to be alright to take its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom