• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvanas is good on its own in priest cause people are reluctant to trade into it on their turn in certain scenarios. But against a priest you know it can be healed up so it can get quite value. The shadow word death is more like a bonus combo that just happens to use 2 cards that are in the deck regardless of each other.

And in control match ups it prevents ragnaros being played.

frequency

It's also the surprise factor. Amaz expected Handlock.

Still, interesting Deck. I hope Realz does well. He's probably my favourite pro Hearthstone player (if people haven't figured that out by me talking about his stream so often).

Zemm

I just said it's all in fun. How could anyone get angry about shit like Twitch chat.. hell, I never even understood the idea of a chat in a place with thousands of people. I was not surprised when I first starting watching these streams and realized the chat was just sort of meant to be like the noise of a crowd at a sport event. Although, it's also cool when people with much less viewers can actually interact with chat. Otherwise, you get dumb shit like people paying Reynad $2 just to ensure he reads their chat line.

Either way, つ ◕_◕ ༽つ AMENO つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oh, yes, I do approve of that. Again, it's fun. People who get rekt gotta know they got rekt.

Yeah this is how I feel, you know what to expect so whatever really. Forsen's chat/music is amazing and is the #1 reason I watch him over every other streamer.

ViviOggi

Oh my god what have they done to the decklists
facepalm.gif

frequency

I think the entire production side of it was just someone's art project they're trying to show off. Seriously why would you redraw hero portraits and draw the players and redo the deck lists like that?

Am I missing something or do these decklists really not indicate when you've got two copies of a card

I don't see any indication either.

frequency

Xixo cheater! 4 Wild Growths in his Warlock deck!

Seriously... did they not even bother to at least look at their stupid deck list art before they did it?

ShinNL

Now where are all the Paladin nay-sayers, huh. huh? "Oh it's not popular in the meta so it must be bad" sheep logic proven wrong. Paladin control all day every day! Woooh

frequency

Paladin is good in tournaments but I'm not sure it's really the best option to ladder with. Which is normally what we talk about in this thread. Climbing the ladder.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Paladin is good in tournaments but I'm not sure it's really the best option to ladder with. Which is normally what we talk about in this thread. Climbing the ladder.

I don't know, one of its strengths seems to be its versatility against a lot of decks. Seems to be one of the more stable decks that can adapt to a lot of different matchups. And our very own neki used it to hit legendary a couple weeks back.

Ultrabum

Eh just because it's good in one tournament doesn't mean it's good on the ladder. Is everyone gonna put Harrison jones in their decks now because of this tournament? God I hope so lol.

Edit: beaten :(

Kettch

Now where are all the Paladin nay-sayers, huh. huh? "Oh it's not popular in the meta so it must be bad" sheep logic proven wrong. Paladin control all day every day! Woooh

Do be fair, he did get off 3 harrisons in 3 matches. 2 of which were complete game changers. A bit harder on ladder when half of your matches are against non-weapon classes. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably.

No one playing Jones > Miracle starts putting in Assassin's Blade > People put in Jones > Miracle takes out Assassin's Blade > GOTO(0)

scy

You do realize the meta changes constantly, right? Something that wasn't good can become better when the field shifts. For Paladin, the inclusion of Sludge Belcher gave them a vastly better midgame. This coupled with the meta slowing down a bit also improved them immensely. They've been on the rise for about a month now.

edit: rip so many posts in between nowwww

Do be fair, he did get off 3 harrisons in 3 matches. 2 of which were complete game changers. A bit harder on ladder when half of your matches are against non-weapon classes. :p

I mean, climbing the ladder variants wouldn't run Harrison unless there's a good reason to. It's a tech card for the field at large. Tournament decks aren't really ideal fits for ladder climbing; the deck type / theme / whatever is probably viable but the exact set of 30 most likely won't be.

Tacitus_

I dunno, I feel it's a pretty strong deck. Fucking slow though, so maybe not the best for climbing for that reason.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, all these new cards didn't shift the meta or anything, Paladin was always good you metasheep.
11x14NyxFleeceRam.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

frequency

I dunno, I feel it's a pretty strong deck. Fucking slow though, so maybe not the best for climbing for that reason.

I think it's strong too but the decks people play in tournaments are not the decks people play on ladder. I wouldn't make a judgement call about its laddering capabilities based on a tournament.

We didn't see him play against Zoo for example which is still prevalent on ladder.

And as scy said the meta is always changing. What was bad a month ago could be good today.

We'll see I guess.

But anyway, yay Realz!

scy

We didn't see him play against Zoo for example which is still prevalent on ladder.

This is actually one of the main reasons that the Tauntadin-esque Paladin became so good. The field shifted so far into Zoo that it could devote itself for the matchup and then Paladin already naturally does well against decks with limited damage. Then they were able to cull some excessive anti-Zoo choices and improve their other match-ups which let the deck be a fairly safe option.

Granted, I'm not watching this tournament so no idea what the list played here looks like :x

Zemm

I'm surprised RDU played Doomhammer knowing the other guy was running Jones and it already done him over once and almost a second time, that one play completely changed the game from 50/50(? can't remember) to certain loss.

Tacitus_

I think it's strong too but the decks people play in tournaments are not the decks people play on ladder. I wouldn't make a judgement call about its laddering capabilities based on a tournament.

And as scy said the meta is always changing. What was bad a month ago could be good today.

We'll see I guess.

But anyway, yay Realz!

Oh yeah, I should've clarified I meant control paladin in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom