• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

That brawl was the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Such a prime example of overthinking and playing too cautious. He knew the brawl was in the deck, so he played conservatively for 10 turns around the brawl only to eventually have to play big cards and here comes the top deck of brawl.

Ultrabum

Amaz allowed rdu to draw into the brawl. He didn't put any pressure out the whole match, really boring play.

Eh Amaz playing it slow as fuck lost him the game, not the brawl.

I mean, it was all based on the timing. If he had brawl the whole time, Amaz's play would have been super strong, coming back hard with cards like the fire elemental after it was played. If it was drawn 1 or 2 turns later Amaz's play would have won the game, with the fire ele able to attack 1 or 2 times.

Pure RNG imo.

rac

Banned
I mean, it was all based on the timing. If he had brawl the whole time, Amaz's play would have been super strong, coming back hard with cards like the fire elemental after it was played. If it was drawn 1 or 2 turns later Amaz's play would have won the game, with the fire ele able to attack 1 or 2 times.

Pure RNG imo.

Except there was no reason to brawl before amaz dropped some big minions anyways. Its not like rdu was losing a lot of health.

Ultrabum

Except there was no reason to brawl before amaz dropped some big minions anyways. Its not like rdu was losing a lot of health.

Ya that's true, but the flame tongue totem was up to do damage and its not like the warrior had 10 cards, he was down to like 4 cards for most of the match.

zoukka

It was no RNG, it was amaz being very cautious which in itself is not a misplay either. Just a one form of strategy in this game.

Xanathus

This tourney really shows how OP Wild Growth is, every player is running it in every single one of their decks. Blizz needs to nerf it.

frequency

I hope we get to see more of his Warlock tomorrow. It looks quite interesting.
51dvlQe.png

scy

Everyone bring out your miracle rogues on ladder tomorrow, it's time to be hunting paladins.

Miracle Rogue isn't that good against the Tauntadin deck. It has the tools to put some board presence early vs Rogue and the sustain to let it survive the limited damage in the deck.

Tacitus_

Any good builds for mages? iam a bit outdated of how much this game have changed and I am getting destroyed in Naxxramas wing 1

Naxxramas is a bit different from the rest of the game since the bosses have OP cards and hero powers. It's more of a "what kind of deck will beat this specific scenario" and rolling for a good start... well in heroics anyway. A half competent deck should clear normals easily as TB has been clearing them with joke decks.

Anyway, I usually check hearthpwn deck lists for ideas.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Miracle Rogue isn't that good against the Tauntadin deck. It has the tools to put some board presence early vs Rogue and the sustain to let it survive the limited damage in the deck.

Miracle always had the advantage of being able to ignore the board state, which is what half the Paladin is built to overcome, although Belcher/Tirion makes things awkward.

And Yolotheb.

scy

Miracle always had the advantage of being able to ignore the board state, which is what half the Paladin is built to overcome, although Belcher/Tirion makes things awkward.

And Yolotheb.

What I mean is it has the Taunts to put out early to force the Rogue to use a card; even tokens can mean some pressure if they're allowed to go crazy. Any spell used is essentially one card lost later. All the Taunts and Belcher especially just really helped prey on the "we only run 1 Sap now" Miracle builds.

ShinNL

On the subject of Miracle Rogue:

Was trying a tempo Shaman deck:

Turn 2 Egg
Turn 3 Deathlord
Turn 4 Dark Iron Dwarf and traded against a Gnomish Inventor (Board State is now 4/4, 2/6, 4/4)
Turn 5 Loatheb
> In this turn the Rogue finally killed the Deathlord and it summoned a Gadgetzan, no spells could be casted. Free trade for my 4/1 Dark Iron Dwarf

Turn 6 Spectral Knight

The Rogue was so wrecked it wasn't even funny.

Sealed the deal with Rockbiter Doomhammer.

Water

Any good builds for mages? iam a bit outdated of how much this game have changed and I am getting destroyed in Naxxramas wing 1

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=48557/legend-new-age-mage
This token mage is what I have been playing on ladder. It beat most of the Naxxramas normal opponents, heroic Anub'Rekhan and heroic Razuvious with maybe 2-3 attempts per boss.

For most heroic bosses you have to make a deck that is at least somewhat custom.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Here's my updated Paladin deck. I've done some work on it, and still evaluating certain slots. The Faceless Manipulator I would probably swap out for The Black Knight or some other card if I could. I also have some new additions like Cairne and the two ERFs that I'm evaluating to see whether they fit.

lxfzUdM.jpg

ZealousD

Is there any move that's more of a dick move than making a Venture Co Merc follow the rules?

Eh just because it's good in one tournament doesn't mean it's good on the ladder. Is everyone gonna put Harrison jones in their decks now because of this tournament? God I hope so lol.

Edit: beaten :(

I've watched people, even realz, ladder with paladin. I've played people pretty high up in the ladder as well playing paladin. It is definitely ladder viable.

People won't copy the deck card for card. They'll play a version for ladder but it will be largely the same.

ZealousD

Attacking around it and leaving it alive as long as possible perhaps? Lol, probably not more of a dick move, but it haaaaaas to be pretty close.

Maybe it finally goes down to 1hp, and then you cast Holy Light on it to heal it back up.

ShinNL

Is there any move that's more of a dick move than making a Venture Co Merc follow the rules?
Summoning a taunt totem every single turn can also be pretty cruel.

Reincarnate is really an awesome card in the current meta. People go for your face forcing you to waste damage on shitty minions. Then you Ancestral Spirit and Reincarnate an almost dead giant and make them regret their face hitting choices.

Along with Ancestral Healing, Shaman has basically 2 forms of full healing for big minions.

Naxxramas is a bit different from the rest of the game since the bosses have OP cards and hero powers. It's more of a "what kind of deck will beat this specific scenario" and rolling for a good start... well in heroics anyway. A half competent deck should clear normals easily as TB has been clearing them with joke decks.

Anyway, I usually check hearthpwn deck lists for ideas.

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=48557/legend-new-age-mage
This token mage is what I have been playing on ladder. It beat most of the Naxxramas normal opponents, heroic Anub'Rekhan and heroic Razuvious with maybe 2-3 attempts per boss.

For most heroic bosses you have to make a deck that is at least somewhat custom.

Guess my priority now is to get the Anthonidas card (curse you anthonidas we meet again), mana wyrms and draw card minions

Ronabo

On the subject of Miracle Rogue:

Was trying a tempo Shaman deck:

Turn 2 Egg
Turn 3 Deathlord
Turn 4 Dark Iron Dwarf and traded against a Gnomish Inventor (Board State is now 4/4, 2/6, 4/4)
Turn 5 Loatheb
> In this turn the Rogue finally killed the Deathlord and it summoned a Gadgetzan, no spells could be casted. Free trade for my 4/1 Dark Iron Dwarf

Turn 6 Spectral Knight

The Rogue was so wrecked it wasn't even funny.

Sealed the deal with Rockbiter Doomhammer.

Care to share your decklist please?

frequency

I've watched people, even realz, ladder with paladin. I've played people pretty high up in the ladder as well playing paladin. It is definitely ladder viable.

People won't copy the deck card for card. They'll play a version for ladder but it will be largely the same.

I'd personally be really happy to see Paladin back on the ladder. More variety is always good.

Realz ladders with weird stuff all the time though. He was trying some Mage decks yesterday. Not long ago he tried Crusher and a spell power Shaman similar to the one StrifeCro brought to IEM Shenzhen. Then some Taunt Druid. That's what makes his stream so interesting to me. He's always trying unusual things.

Though he can afford to since he qualified for Blizzcon a long time ago. While someone like Trump is still trying to get in so he can't really do crazy experimental decks.

Trump down to 84 by the way.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'd personally be really happy to see Paladin back on the ladder. More variety is always good.

Realz ladders with weird stuff all the time though. He was trying some Mage decks yesterday. Not long ago he tried Crusher and a spell power Shaman similar to the one StrifeCro brought to IEM Shenzhen. Then some Taunt Druid. That's what makes his stream so interesting to me. He's always trying unusual things.

Though he can afford to since he qualified for Blizzcon a long time ago. While someone like Trump is still trying to get in so he can't really do crazy experimental decks.

Trump down to 84 by the way.

Yeah, always interesting to watch.

And Trump needs Blizzcon desperately, his tournament presence is null. Same for Hafu, but at least she's qualified already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom