• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Top 3/5 are probably pretty safe, but it's early enough that it could still be shaken up. There's no decay as far as I know.

If I recall, there's a hidden score. While it doesn't decay, if someone for example, gets to 2 and keeps winning matches, at some point he will outscore the guy with rank 1 and become the new rank 1.

JesseZao

If I recall, there's a hidden score. While it doesn't decay, if someone for example, gets to 2 and keeps winning matches, at some point he will outscore the guy with rank 1 and become the new rank 1.

Well of course. Place is based on W/L ratio MMR. If you get on a crazy streak with a limited number of games and hit a top 3 rank, it could be really hard for someone to grind ahead of you if you just sit.

scy

It's the safest strategy once you get in the more stable MMR ranges (aka, where you gain and lose a few ranks and not 20-40+).

scy

Senjin eating damage instead of a token + Hero Power :( Seems silly as it opens up Hellfire and Shadowflame options (which did happen).

and now burning a swipe :(

kiblerrrrr

ZZMitch

Oooh mannnnn I can't stop laughing!

I am playing my version of Randuin Wyrnn in Casual and a Thoughtsteal Lord Jaraxxus. I play him late in the game for the fun of it with an overwhelming board and with my opponent having no hand and an empty board. I begin spamming the awesome Jaraxxus emotes and I notice the opposing player say "Sorry". He top decked Sacrificial Pact and I lost! Amazing.

So much
chansub-global-emoticon-18be1a297459453f-36x30.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not going to be very fun when everyone's trying to grind to top 16 at the same time.

Tarazet

LOL Just drafted four Swipes as an Arena Druid. Let's see how this goes...

I just finished a Druid run with no Swipes, but 2 Ancient of Cards, 1 Ancient of War, 2 bears and a tree, plus three Power of the Wild plus Force of Nature. Felt like it was pretty solid until I encountered a Druid with all of the same bullshit plus two Keepers and two Swipes, and demolished me. 6-3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bought warlords digital CE earlier (because I like burning money I guess...mount is pretty at least), is there anything HS related in it? I know it comes with some starcraft and diablo bullshit that i dont care for, but was hoping for like...new card backs or something for HS :/

scy

If you reach rank 1 and just stop playing how do you lose the rank? Someone just gets more wins than you?

Basically. You have a hidden MMR value of some kind. Once that gets overtaken, you go down in rank despite having the same MMR as before. Just think of the Legendary ladder as a list of "high scores" so yours doesn't change without you playing but it can still be beaten.

johnsmith

remember me
Having so much fun with midrange hunter. How I missed it. Still haven't pulled a king krush from a webspinner, but got a nice king mukla that i was able to taunt up to 9/9 that saved me vs zoo.

rac

Banned
Having so much fun with midrange hunter. How I missed it. Still haven't pulled a king krush from a webspinner, but got a nice king mukla that i was able to taunt up to 9/9 that saved me vs zoo.

I think something is wrong with the rng of webspinner. Too many hungry crabs/dragonhawk/angry chickens.

Yeah, the fact that your'e guaranteed another beast in your deck is huge.

I've gotten a lot of legendarys from them.

I've had matches where I had 3 highmanes in hand vs control warrior. They couldn't even deal with the fallout from two, I can't imagine what would happen if I actually needed to play the third lol

scy

There's been a few who played on and off during beta. Gwalls made a pretty big deal about believing in Hearthstone being a huge thing. Though, he hasn't been around in months if I recall.

Lyng

I don't see anything weird in trying all CCG's. It's not like anyone would abandon MTG for HS, they are way too different.

Exactly! I love card games, I was playing Netrunner aswell, until it got a little to expensive to keep up. (I am married so cant keep up with so many card games)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kibler clearly wants in on that streaming money.

Wait, Kibler? Magic vets heading to Hearthstone?

I been following kibler on twitter ever since I watched him stream solforge updates. Solforge's tournament/draft mode is kinda based (or inspired at least) on arena mode in that it queues you up against similarly situated opponents.

I poked fun at him when he tweeted an arena draft with 3 pyros.

He is a cool guy and kinda looks like this guy from weeds

justin-kirk---photos.jpg

dabac99b1878d068a706e593e864f59c_400x400.jpeg

^kibler

johnsmith

remember me
Holy fucking shit. Just got wrecked 3 times in a row by the unluckiest shit in the world.

First a druid who had 2 taunted ancient watchers by turn 2. Then a token druid where I had no unleash the hounds, and them a priest playing zoo minions on perfect curve, where I had nothing but a haunted creeper and 5+ drops. I conceded on turn 4 once he dropped an injured blade master, and circle of healinged the minions he'd used to clear my board. Fuck this game sometimes.

Sorry about the double post.

naz

Neo Member
Anyone knows anything about the Android tablet version of the game? I know it's in works, but I'd love any update... even a rumor.

Can't wait to play it on the go, my PC chair is killing my back. Hope I posted in the right thread, I'm a newbie here. Thanks :)

It is a lot of fun to see zoolock squirm under the heavy thumb of my hunter deck. I think I've lost once in 10-15 matches vs zoolock using hunter. Every time I just mulligan aggressively for 3 cards. Unleash the hounds #1 priority cause when you have this you basically win. Tracking, to get unleash. And I often keep haunted creeper and that has served me pretty well. They tend to drop a x/2 unprotected thinking the haunted creeper isn't a problem and since I have 2 timber wolves and 1 alpha wolf there is a high chance I can raise the attack to 2 and take out a valuable minion.

I don't mind getting buzzard but I'd rather have another shot at unleash so I mulligan even that.

Anyone knows anything about the Android tablet version of the game? I know it's in works, but I'd love any update... even a rumor.

Can't wait to play it on the go, my PC chair is killing my back. Hope I posted in the right thread, I'm a newbie here. Thanks :)

Rumor says sometime between now and the end of history.

It is a lot of fun to see zoolock squirm under the heavy thumb of my hunter deck. I think I've lost once in 10-15 matches vs zoolock using hunter. Every time I just mulligan aggressively for 3 cards. Unleash the hounds #1 priority cause when you have this you basically win. Tracking, to get unleash. And I often keep haunted creeper and that has served me pretty well. They tend to drop a x/2 unprotected thinking the haunted creeper isn't a problem and since I have 2 timber wolves and 1 alpha wolf there is a high chance I can raise the attack to 2 and take out a valuable minion.

I don't mind getting buzzard but I'd rather have another shot at unleash so I mulligan even that.

Rumor says sometime between now and the end of history.

That feel when you do tracking on turn 1 and take unleash over hunter's mark, and then realize you're playing versus a handlock

>Well Played!

johnsmith

remember me
Doesn't Zoolock wreck Hunters 100% of the time if you don't get the dream unleash?

Yep. Mobius is getting really really lucky. Zoo is my worst matchup by far. I get wrecked like 75% of the time. My record against miracle rogue has been much better, and that's also supposed to be a bad matchup.

Turn 3 unleashed is useless unless your other 2 cards are hunters mark. Turn 4 unleashed might be better if you have a timberwolf. Turn 5 is ok with buzzards + unleash if you draw into both hunter's marks. The only consistently good turn to unleash, if you're lucky is turn 6 with buzzard, uth, and timberwolf, and drawing into both marks. But by then you're dead the next turn anyway. Add in the creepers and eggs, and you're screwed unless the lock gets a godawful hand and he wastes a turn tapping before turn 5. And because of the eggs you can't even tech in explosive trap.

That feel when you do tracking on turn 1 and take unleash over hunter's mark, and then realize you're playing versus a handlock

>Well Played!

I don't need to tracking turn 1 if you're going second.

Plus I don't usually need both hunter's marks vs a handlock tbh. I run a ironbeak owl and deadly shot as well. If I actually have to deal with 4 giants I tend to have enough firepower to take them down.

It is far from "well played" if I miss out on a single hunter's mark. The match up is so heavily in midrange hunter's favor already.

Yep. Mobius is getting really really lucky. Zoo is my worst matchup by far. I get wrecked like 75% of the time. My record against miracle rogue has been much better, and that's also supposed to be a bad matchup.

Turn 3 unleashed is useless unless your other 2 cards are hunters mark. Turn 4 unleashed might be better if you have a timberwolf. Turn 5 is ok with buzzards + unleash if you draw into both hunter's marks. The only consistently good turn to unleash, if you're lucky is turn 6 with buzzard, uth, and timberwolf, and drawing into both marks. But by then you're dead the next turn anyway. Add in the creepers and eggs, and you're screwed unless the lock gets a godawful hand and he wastes a turn tapping before turn 5. And because of the eggs you can't even tech in explosive trap.

I probably faced about 15-20 zoolocks while learning this deck and I have lost about 4 times and at least 2 of those losses were before I understood the match up well enough to even count them towards my total losses.

The eggs aren't a big deal since I don't run explosive trap and they just add to my hound count. They even have generally a difficult time triggering them and sometimes I'll get an ironbeak owl on it. 3-4 ways to deal with doomguard in the deck. Just don't waste hunter's mark unless it is absolutely necessary and it usually isn't anyway.

I don't think I am just getting lucky. 75% loss count is absurdly high loss rate btw. Even reynad claims the hunter win rate vs zoolock should be favoring the midrange hunter.

ShinNL

Well, I just beat a Hunter as a tempo Shaman by.... card draw. Those unfortunate side effects of Deathlord and Dancing Swords... lol. Buzzard Unleash all you want baby! And dat devalued summoned Houndmaster which I Fire Elemental'd. Frogging both Highmanes... feels good man.

I also had like the most perfect board against a Mage turn 7: Egg, summoned Egg, summoned Egg, Baron Rivendare. So Flamestrike proof xD The mage was forced to sheep Baron Rivendare so I just continued piling up pressure. The credit once again goes to Dancing Sword since it apparently was threatening enough for the mage to use her Water Elemental to trade and ping, which allows me to use Rockbiter on an Egg + Baron Rivendare.

The magical 4/4 number, so good!

zoukka

Modern Midrange Hunter is better against zoo than the older ones because they don't play secrets and deadly shots anymore. But still it's a 50/50 matchup at best. You are relying on two cards to save your ass every match and that is never an advantageous matchup.

IceMarker

It's been an hour and I can't win TWO FUCKING GAMES with Warrior for the daily quest and I sure as hell am not switching over to Rogue.

FUCK I just wanna play Wing 3

rycdEh6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom