• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Are the Naxx wings really worth the gold? I'm a fairly new player and I feel like just buying roughly a card pack a day is more worthwhile then saving 700 gold and only getting four cards that the meta is probably not going to call for.
Yeah as someone who started last month just before Naxx came out, I also recommend just using your real life money if you can. The naxx cards are still useful and getting a lot of use in some decks, but you get more cards from buying packs/doing arena. I personally do arena instead of buying packs but depends whether you enjoy that or not I guess.

imBask

Banned
I just rediscovered Druid with a ramp druid deck

godddd I love it, it's so good and so vesatile, I feel like every druid card is decent and can be played in a fairly competitive deck

Well, the new Warlock-card has already seen some entirely new decks built around it, time will tell if they are any good I guess.

Yeah, it makes sense to do the class challenges for sure. I plan on doing all of the wings and unlocking all of the cards. It's just a matter of which ones are worth actually using.

Yeah, it makes sense to do the class challenges for sure. I plan on doing all of the wings and unlocking all of the cards. It's just a matter of which ones are worth actually using.

Well so far it's like half of them or so? Sounds pretty good to be honest, there's some fairly garbage cards and there's some kinda meh or very specific(the mage card for example is pretty specific) but there's also a lot of great cards that everyone's playing(well everyone that fits the card, but like Loatheb and the 1/2 spider are played in a ton of decks regardless of type).

almost*

I should make a deck based around savagery just for fun

If you could hit face with it it'd be great but as is, it has very limited uses imo. You need claw or savage roar to actually make use of it, you preferably want bite but that's kinda like a "ehh" card, so wouldn't play it, it's pretty much a dead card without another card and even with another it only has situational uses.

imBask

Banned
If you could hit face with it it'd be great but as is, it has very limited uses imo. You need claw or savage roar to actually make use of it, you preferably want bite but that's kinda like a "ehh" card, so wouldn't play it, it's pretty much a dead card without another card and even with another it only has situational uses.

yeah I know it's really bad :( but I love dumb decks, I never ever play ranked so I don't mind

I made this fun warlock deathrattle deck based around deathrattle + void terror/bane of doom/shadowflame combos, it's not the best but it's fun

KingKiller

Neo Member
As a newer player I have to say how crazy fast the meta changes in this game. When I started about two months ago, I was practically tripping over rogues and zoolocks and nowalmost every match it's either a priest or shaman that typically kick my ass.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Plz remove miracle from game blizzard kappa"
-HearthstoneGAF, June 2014

scy

As a newer player I have to say how crazy fast the meta changes in this game. When I started about two months ago, I was practically tripping over rogues and zoolocks and nowalmost every match it's either a priest or shaman that typically kick my ass.

Generally speaking, the meta in Ranked play is rather good at self-correction. The most important bit is your Win% so you need to adapt to the field. Enough people doing this shifts the field entirely.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At one point, I was down 4 cards with no board control thanks to extending into Consecrate.

iMe3SMCNn61uu.png

Got there.

PRAISE RNGESUS, WHO HAS BLESSED ME WITH THE TOPDICKS.

imBask

Banned
undertaker is gonna fit right in my warlock deathrattle shenanigans deck and Death Cultist is gonna be in 100% of my priest decks

that weapon is disgusting, I already hate it

IceMarker

Well, now that I have the third wing unlocked, I'm tempted to just buy the last two for $9.99 to avoid having to farm 1400 gold in the next month.

"Plz remove miracle from game blizzard kappa"
-HearthstoneGAF, June 2014
I don't even mind zoo or miracle, I understand that when I face it, due to the mechanics of Hearthstone and the cards involved, allow me limited control of the situation past having an anti-zoo/anti-miracle deck. The only thing that enrages me, like early this morning is just consistent RNG and the inability to have fun with a budget midrange Warrior deck on Casual mode.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
This week's naxx cards enable so much stuff.

The warrior and priest cards are awesome. Zoo will dramatically increase in power. Mad Scientist might single handedly make mage secrets a thing. And shamans will be having fun with killing their own thaddius twins with baron rivendare for infinity thaddius. And zombie chow is going to be god damn everywhere.

Zemm

There's a lot of fucking Paladins today, might have to slot in Harrison again.

Whatever does well in the "top" player streams instantly becomes popular on ladder, like 99% of people just copy others decks. Expect a lot of priests very soon.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A problem with mill is that I can't see all of my opponents cards, it's really difficult to count.

Wrong resolution?

If you mouse over your opponent's hand it will tell you exactly how many the have.

KingKiller

Neo Member
Okay stupid question time but I'm at work and can't just look for myself, can Naxx cards just be crafted? So I could craft the ones from the new wing that I want without paying for the wing?

Zafir

A problem with mill is that I can't see all of my opponents cards, it's really difficult to count.

Wrong resolution?
Well you don't need to count. It says how many they have when you mouse over.
Okay stupid question time but I'm at work and can't just look for myself, can Naxx cards just be crafted? So I could craft the ones from the new wing that I want without paying for the wing?
Nah, have to get the wing since they're soulbound cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

No. You have to play the wing to get the cards.

ViviOggi

Same fucking zookeeper scumbag two times in a row and not a single War Axe, Brawl or Shield Block in sight while he just continues to vomit his ridiculously consistent draws onto the board

johnsmith

remember me
Whatever does well in the "top" player streams instantly becomes popular on ladder, like 99% of people just copy others decks. Expect a lot of priests very soon.

It already happened. I was playing just as many priests as druids last night. As soon as dark cultist comes out there'll be as many as warlocks.

gutshot

Does anyone else notice a difference in quality of the opponents depending on what time of day you play? Whenever I play at night I just destroy people but if I play during the day it seems I face much better competition and am lucky to win around 50%. Or maybe I just play better when I'm tired?

imBask

Banned
Does anyone else notice a difference in quality of the opponents depending on what time of day you play? Whenever I play at night I just destroy people but if I play during the day it seems I face much better competition and am lucky to win around 50%. Or maybe I just play better when I'm tired?

casual with jobs play at night
proMLGsponsoredbyDoritos player play during the day

ViviOggi

And after that, having dealt with both Highmanes, companions and a Houndmaster, this Hunter pulls KK from his Webspinner on turn 9 which then of course survives a 33% Brawl

I am SO fucking done

Leezard

Yes, I do. During the afternoon to evening (15 to 21 or so) people are kinda average. Past 21-22 are only the extreme people with perfectly drafted arena decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom