• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Twitch-chat kept spamming that Realz won it and that it was on Twitter, so I was so hyped for him turning that last game around.

Going to be seeing that warlock deck a lot for a couple days

Time to add Sacrifical Pact to Handlock.
chansub-global-emoticon-8eed21805f6217ce-27x29.png

J0dy77

Amazing tournament. Really amazing how a few cards from naxx has really shifted the meta. Really like the direction the game is going.

If you run Jaraxxus, why not run Twisting Nether? OBLIVION gains even more meaning!

But seriously Twisting Nether would have devastated that board.

biaxident

Just had a serious rage moment, good thing I punched my recliner and not my ipad. Hearthstone on ipad (air) has been VERY flaky for me lately. It often freezes for 30 secs at a time, and has cost me a few matches here and there. But this one takes the cake, as it ended an arena run. Already had the 2 losses, but am dominating a match, have a great hand, then all of a sudden every time its my turn the touch controls are disabled. I can emote, I can smash boxes, but minions are no longer highlighted green and I can't attack. Time out, opponents turn, can mouse over my cards fine now, must be fixed. Nope, the moment its my turn again touch controls are disabled and I can't attack. Completely lost a whole arena run cause this bull. Not using the ipad anymore ever for arena, so dumb.

Edit: Seems like a crap ton of people on the forums are having ipad issues with the game, I'd avoid ipad until this is all fixed.

Going to be seeing that warlock deck a lot for a couple days

I think the voidcaller + shadowflame are quite key in the deck.

Saving silence for the voidcaller then doomguard is kinda a dead drop or very inefficient when forced out.

Killing voidcaller on your turn also gives you an oportunity to deal with whatever comes out before the opponent can use it, but it is pretty risky since if you can't deal with it the lock gets a free hit.

So I got all the classes to 10, tried the arena and got decimated, and now I'm unsure what to do.

I have a smattering of cards I got from packs, but I'm not sure what to sub out of the basic decks.

Getting the basic cards was such a straightforward goal. Now that it's over I feel aimless.

zoukka

So I got all the classes to 10, tried the arena and got decimated, and now I'm unsure what to do.

I have a smattering of cards I got from packs, but I'm not sure what to sub out of the basic decks.

Getting the basic cards was such a straightforward goal. Now that it's over I feel aimless.

Daily quests.
Watch how pro's play arena and learn.
Buy Naxx.
Once you find a class you enjoy, start crafting cards for that class and improving your deck little by little.

Daily quests.
Watch how pro's play arena and learn.
Buy Naxx.
Once you find a class you enjoy, start crafting cards for that class and improving your deck little by little.

Any good pro Youtube channels you can recommend?

And thanks!

Edit: Oh and so far I think I like the warlock. It's what I played for many, many years in WoW, and I like the whole "HP as a resource" mechanic.

Rockyrock

Any good pro Youtube channels you can recommend?

And thanks!

Edit: Oh and so far I think I like the warlock. It's what I played for many, many years in WoW, and I like the whole "HP as a resource" mechanic.

Go to twitch.tv and go to the hearthstone channel.

plenty of great streamers broadcasting basically 24/7.

Tarazet

Any general tips for playing coldlight rogue? I really like the deck but I'm not winning as many games as I should. I have the whole deck minus Mukkla, which I replaced with a wolf rider. Not at all optimal, but it's good enough for now.

The same guy who devised the Miracle Rogue deck, Flood, actually plays at Legend with another deck that he calls Tempo or Pressure Rogue. It's kind of awkward in the first 3 turns, but then it hits its stride fast.. you get an insane amount of removal plus build up a board that is very difficult to remove without complete board wipes.

rac

Banned

Either build a hunter or zoo deck. They're cheap and really strong right now.

Edit: Dust golden cards when you get them so you can craft better decks.

zoukka

At this point I'm certain there are just as many people playing like bots as they are real bots. I've been thinking many times that my opponent is a bot (no reticule, same delay between moves, etc) only to be surprised that in the end he starts to shuffle his cards, targeting slowly and concedes when realises he lost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Miracle is having a rough time in this New Meta!

Deathlord, in particular, fucks me over sideways. I wish people would stop playing narrow cards!

Cipherr

While there are a few bots out there, I feel like this is a classic case of confirmation bias, and most supposed bots are actually just players.

Yall still think this? With as fast as it has accelerated I would think by now everyone would have encountered a few really obvious ones.

Its truly not everyones imagination. Heck they even had a guy streaming a bot playing his account on Twitch before Twitch took it down, lol.

zoukka

Yall still think this? With as fast as it has accelerated I would think by now everyone would have encountered a few really obvious ones.

Its truly not everyones imagination. Heck they even had a guy streaming a bot playing his account on Twitch before Twitch took it down, lol.

Bots are real. But people jump into conclusions way too fast.

SteveWD40

Having a bit of luck with Trump's Priest deck (just switched Sylvannas for Cairn), it can start slow but the AOE and survivability is nice.

Nearly lost one match where I Holy Fired with my Soul Priest out (oops) but he didn't have the 2 damage needed to kill me.

Xanathus

In case anyone still doesn't know, you can purchase the upcoming wings with gold immediately by setting your computer's clock forward so you don't get hit with server issues and what not. I did it last week and it worked perfectly.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Deathbite: "Why yes, I do want my Nerubian Egg to be whirlwinded, thank you very much."

KingKiller

Neo Member
Decided to try and build my own warrior control deck last night. Priest>win, Priest>Loss, Shaman>Loss, Zoolock>Win, and a much better constructed Warrior deck>loss.

I am garbage at deckbuilding :(

zoukka

Getting rekt today with warrior but at least I played a Freeze mage that just disconnected when I gained 16 armor on turn 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom