• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:2;463:2;473:2;544:1;547:1;554:2;600:2;671:2;

I've been having some ridiculous success against Hunters and Mages in the lower ranks with this Divine Priest. Thinking about changes to make though, since I sometimes feel like I'm missing an Injured Blademaster or something. It's kind of sad that there are so few legendaries that synergises well with healing.

Lightwarden is so freaking good as Priest, the fact that it's never a dead card even late game because of 1 mana + a random heal gives 3/2 is so brilliant. People seem to really underestimate it.

dorkimoe

How stupid. This rogue had a card that only had 1 attack damage. But a stupid potion made it a one hit kill on anything? Oh that makes sense

Strider

-_- it seriously take less than 2 minutes...that's a horrible excuse...you obviously don't want to play this amazing version that bad...

I'm just quoting this to say that the guide does work and it doesn't take long at all so yea these people need to get on it and stop making excuses.... and of course thanks for posting the guide in the first place :)

Started playing Hearthstone Saturday and I'm addicted already. The iPad app is great so I'm glad I can use it even though it's not released in the U.S. yet.

dorkimoe

I'll stop spamming this thread. But I played it like 3 times on PC. This game is so made for the tablet. Having a blast. But I am terrible :(

People just always seem to have better cards. My shit gets destroyed within seconds. I rarely get to ever attack with a good card. :(

edit: thanks everyone for their help btw

I just had a thought, what if stealthed minions couldn't be examined by an opponent. It would be like the minion version of secrets... lol. That would suck I think, but be kinda cool.

That must be somewhat new then. They used to kill them.

Edit: Or I just hallucinated it or something.

Been that way since the beginning. Divine shield prevents damage therefore on hit effects (like water elemental as well) don't activate. Even frothing berserker doesn't get buffed when a DS is popped.

I just had a thought, what if stealthed minions couldn't be examined by an opponent. It would be like the minion version of secrets... lol. That would suck I think, but be kinda cool.

Been that way since the beginning. Divine shield prevents damage therefore on hit effects (like water elemental as well) don't activate. Even frothing berserker doesn't get buffed when a DS is popped.

Guess I missed a part where the shield was gone then.

And as for the stealth idea, I feel like it would almost be kind of pointless. I don't think any stealth minions share a mana cost.

Edit: Wrong again, I guess the Worgen and the Assassin share a cost of one, right?

I'd just be happy with stealthed minions not be able to be targeted by hunters. I can accept that AOE will hit them, but when a hunter can single target and kill a stealthed minion, I think that's bs...

which legendaries are worth dusting?

like i see no use for cenarius... its only useful if you are already kicking ass no?

can illidan be useful anywhere?

maybe warlock?

br3wnor

Just got Cairne Bloodhoof, worthy card or better off as 400 dust? I'm at 1200 right now and dusting her will net me Leeroy so dunno if it's worth it

which legendaries are worth dusting?

like i see no use for cenarius... its only useful if you are already kicking ass no?

can illidan be useful anywhere?

maybe warlock?

It really depends I'd say. Seems the only hands down great legendaries are Rag and Leeroy, and maybe Cairne...

I crafted Illidan and ended up dusting him...Personally, I'll dust anything but Leeroy because I want to see what works and what doesn't...I had Rag, but never used him, so I dusted him for VanCleef...Not that I would do that again, but I wanted to try out VC..Ultimately VC is kind of a crappier version of a Questing Adventurer...

Just got Cairne Bloodhoof, worthy card or better off as 400 dust? I'm at 1200 right now and dusting her will net me Leeroy so dunno if it's worth it

Personally I'd do it for Leeroy as Leeroy is that good, and I'll dust about anything for what I want...Cairne seems like just a bigger version of a Harvest Golem which is nice, but not a game changer like Leeroy...

Most will tell you not to dust Cairne...

br3wnor

Personally I'd do it for Leeroy as Leeroy is that good, and I'll dust about anything for what I want...Cairne seems like just a bigger version of a Harvest Golem which is nice, but not a game changer like Leeroy...

Most will tell you not to dust Cairne...

Yeah, that's my issue. I feel like Cairne is right on the cusp of being worth keeping but I'm also so close to getting Leeroy. Guess patience would probably be the best option

Guess patience would probably be the best option

It would be. I'd say keep him as 400 more dust will come soon enough...See what else you can get rid of to get that extra 400...You gotta have some epics you don't use...Or a class you just hate...Wipe it clean of any value..lol

johnsmith

remember me
Up to rank 12 with Warlock zoo. This is the highest I've been. Seems I made it past the hunters, and now I'm playing mostly against rogues.

huh, didn't realize i got leeroy already form a pack a while back lol. should try to use him then!

warlock zooing failed for me big time due to bad timing where i lost 2 whole parties due to that rogue spell that attacks everyone with their weapon.

Shroudent

Got tired of waiting and switched my region to canada for the download.
It runs decently on my first gen iPad mini but no other apps can really be open at the same time or starts it to hang. Regardless don't really plan on playing it on my PC anymore.

Tarazet

There are countless games that Cairne has helped me win, just because he's such strong board presence. Yeti is already one of the best neutral minions, and Cairne is just that much harder to remove.. especially in the current meta which has very few Mages or Shamans.

For that matter, just tonight, he helped me win a game as a Druid against a Shaman who got me down to fatigue, then played Deathwing when I had Cairne on the board. Baine spawned, I dropped Rag as my last card and used hero power - exactly the 13 damage I needed.

This is my Druid deck, if you're curious. http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:1;532:2;542:2;548:2;587:2;620:2;633:2;667:2;

Card Boy

Banned
Played against somebody who consecrated before he equality'd. Ouch.

68150_600.gif

hmmm is there no replays in this? Definitely feels like i could have won a few matches if i played smarter.

so what are the best deckbuilder/resources? the ingame search is mad shitty... can you filter stuff in anyway?

Nome

Sometimes I get mad when I play against someone who drops 3 or 4 legendaries in a row.

Then I remember his Elo is so bad that he's playing against me and it makes me feel way better.

Dreavus

That would be a cool thing to give to rogues when the next set of cards come in. A set of 3-4 of them that all share a mana cost and have that ability. It does eat a lot of card slots though, depending on how big the first "expansion" will be.

Also it might kind of break the game by having a minion your opponent doesn't know the HP of. I guess if he wants to AoE he has to take a guess? :p

So I cleaned my way through practice, mostly with an increasingly rad-ass hunter deck, and unlocked Arena. Lost three in a row but got a pack and a little gold out the deal. Seems worth it.

Then I finally won a PVP match, ranked, with aforementioned Hunter deck. I'm obviously still feeling my way through the game, and definitely want to give other Classes a try. I feel like my decks are a little bloated, but I also feel like I'm actually getting a sense of what works best and what can be discarded from a deck.

I wonder how many cards there are.

CoolOff

So I cleaned my way through practice, mostly with an increasingly rad-ass hunter deck, and unlocked Arena. Lost three in a row but got a pack and a little gold out the deal. Seems worth it.

A pack costs 100 gold, so Arena is worth it if you value 100 + fun/experience + what rewards you get aside from the pack > 150.

I do this even if I go 0-3 and only get the pack + some dust.

I wound up setting up OBS to record my matches, so if I need to review I can do that.

if only shadowplay (5min back) mode worked for this :S

With how indepth mp tracking and what not in sc2, i kinda wish there was more indepth logging/tracking/analysis options in game here.

Raxus

LOL

Turn one I pass, Warlock plays coins out knife juggler.

Turn two I innervate out Keeper of the Grove and kill KJ, Warlock concedes. Fastest game yet where my opponent was actually present!

J0dy77

So I finally got a useful legendary in a pack, Golden Van Cleef which I DE'd into Leeroy. I was saving dust to craft him but need to figure out what to do with the dust now. I'm looking for the best universal Legendary. I have Rag already and was thinking of either Blood Mage, Cairn or Ysera. I seem to play Rogue a lot and Blood mage seems to be the most universal in benefit, kind of leaning towards him.

bigkrev

Woke up a little early today, so played 1 game on the iPad. For the first time in ages, I had an opponent go Coin-1 drop-go, not spending the extra mana.

I miss those days

SteveWD40

LOL

Turn one I pass, Warlock plays coins out knife juggler.

Turn two I innervate out Keeper of the Grove and kill KJ, Warlock concedes. Fastest game yet where my opponent was actually present!

I have said it before and I will say it again, aggro / murloc / rush deck players tend to fold so fast if they don't get a prefect start and roll over you while spamming emotes.

Szadek

My Warrior deck:
1EsfnVh.png

I got to rank 12 with this deck in europe.
I wish I had Hellscream.

Also,I just got 2 new legenaries,Malygos and Millhouse.
Should I DE Millhouse?

I kept getting awesome starting cards on my mage deck last night, like:

mana wyrm - sorcerer's apprentice - bloodmage thalmos - frostbolt - ice lance

:)

So I finally got a useful legendary in a pack, Golden Van Cleef which I DE'd into Leeroy. I was saving dust to craft him but need to figure out what to do with the dust now. I'm looking for the best universal Legendary. I have Rag already and was thinking of either Blood Mage, Cairn or Ysera. I seem to play Rogue a lot and Blood mage seems to be the most universal in benefit, kind of leaning towards him.

What does DE mean?

The whole crafting aspect of this game seems like a whole other level than what I'm comprehending. It's already a lot to just maximize nine classes, much less build cards out ones you no longer need.

Does the game give you a lot of extra cards or once your collection maxes out at two you stop seeing them in packs? How does all that work exactly?

What does DE mean?

The whole crafting aspect of this game seems like a whole other level than what I'm comprehending. It's already a lot to just maximize nine classes, much less build cards out ones you no longer need.

Does the game give you a lot of extra cards or once your collection maxes out at two you stop seeing them in packs? How does all that work exactly?
Disenchant - turns the card into 'dust' that you can use as a currency to craft new cards. Golden crafting costs way more btw.

Once you already have 2 of a card, if you get that card in a pack, it can be automatically disenchanted if you want.

What does DE mean?

nah you still seem them in packs. there is a button at the bottom right in crafting that auto dust all cards you have over 2x of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom