• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

So much ridiculous bullshit in this game. Enemy had 2 cards in hand and one on the board. And my hero had 14 health his had 4. He had just the right cards to kill me. So stupid

JesseZao

So much ridiculous bullshit in this game. Enemy had 2 cards in hand and one on the board. And my hero had 14 health his had 4. He had just the right cards to kill me. So stupid

Now you're knowledgeable about that play for next time. Learning is half the battle.

JesseZao

Apparently I didn't learn anything because it just happened again. Fucking Druid.

22-6 health and I lost. Because fucking taunt cards and shit. I had nothing

Every druid runs the force of nature + savage roar combo these days. The 14 dmg threshold is something to keep in mind once they near 9 mana.

dorkimoe

I've had this since beta and never played it. Now I'm waiting for the iPad version to show up in America. Any idea when that will be?
That's how I was. No interest on PC. It's taking over my life on iPad and I'm terrible

Is it pretty much recommended to not play against real players at less than level 10 with a deck?

johnsmith

remember me
That's how I was. No interest on PC. It's taking over my life on iPad and I'm terrible

Is it pretty much recommended to not play against real players at less than level 10 with a deck?

I leveled up every class to 10 while playing real players in casual. Didn't take that long. Seemed to get decent xp even if I lost.

JesseZao

Depends on the class cards you miss out on. Generally, it's best to hit 10, but you don't need it. If the last class card for druid was swipe, then you'd definitely want that, but since it's the 8/8 taunt, you'd be fine.

Getting 10 is quick regardless and it's better to learn against other players anyway.

Yeah..You need the basic cards that level 10 provides for each deck...Once there, and if you're loving the game, treat yourself to a 40 pack...it gives you so many more options to enjoy HS (different builds/not a total grind). Nothing wrong with paying money for a good game.

I'd love if Blizzard did a limited edition real world release of physical cards for this game.

If we consider this curent build, Season 1, just release an entire collection of Season 1 cards...It'd be cool to own.

Aylinato

were you facing a warlock in the game that you had 14 health by any chance?

If so it sounds like I killed you =D

dorkimoe

Yeah..You need the basic cards that level 10 provides for each deck...Once there, and if you're loving the game, treat yourself to a 40 pack...it gives you so many more options to enjoy HS (different builds/not a total grind). Nothing wrong with paying money for a good game.
I have no issue with paying if I'm enjoying the game. Which I am. However I wouldn't know how to build a deck on my own. Using reddits prebuilt level 10 decks. :/ not sure what to do when I get better cards

Edit my in game name is dorkimoe also. If it was you, I will petition for your ban. Wes where you at!
I think it was a Druid and uhh I don't know. It happened twice. And 3 seconds ago I got beat in like 4 moves because he just used one taunt card and buffed it

Aylinato

I have no issue with paying if I'm enjoying the game. Which I am. However I wouldn't know how to build a deck on my own. Using reddits prebuilt level 10 decks. :/ not sure what to do when I get better cards

Edit my in game name is dorkimoe also. If it was you, I will petition for your ban. Wes where you at!

were you a druid by any chance? and lost to a warlock?

I think it was a Druid and uhh I don't know. It happened twice. And 3 seconds ago I got beat in like 4 moves because he just used one taunt card and buffed it

Here's how I did it once I did all the leveling.

1. Considered which class I liked the best so far and did some research on available builds. In my case it was the Paladin.

2. Watched some videos and did some research on available builds and just picked one. Also asked around here. There are legendary ranked players that post here..Also vets of the CCG scene.

3. Bought the 40 pack and hoped to get the cards I needed.

4. I dusted a handful to get the ones I wanted that I didn't get with the 40 pack and enjoyed my aggro pally build.

5. Any good deck/site recommendations will have alternatives for nearly all cards...IE..if you don't have Leeroy, what's else can you use?

dorkimoe

Here's how I did it once I did all the leveling.

1. Considered which class I liked the best so far and did some research on available builds. In my case it was the Paladin.

2. Watched some videos and did some research on available builds and just picked one. Also asked around here. There are legendary ranked players that post here..Also vets of the CCG scene.

3. Bought the 40 pack and hoped to get the cards I needed.

4. I dusted a handful to get the ones I wanted that I didn't get with the 40 pack and enjoyed my aggro pally build.

5. Any good deck/site recommendations will have alternatives for nearly all cards...IE..if you don't have Leeroy, what's else can you use?

I will post here once I hit ten and get some packs. I have no clue how to craft or any of that yet :(

You can always play me

Aylinato #1260
Don't pick on me!

Dorkimoe #1433

Every time I use assassin's blade it gets oozed. I tried putting it back in my deck in place of a perditions blade. For like 10+ matches I don't draw or use it a single time. And then the first time I use it against a mage, ooze.

edit:
I wish perditions blade was a 2/3 weapon. That would be really good. Probably OP unfortunately. But I kinda feel like we get the short end of the stick with deadly poison despite it being good.

Aylinato

So I dropped from rank 14 to rank 19, what a losing streak it's been

I scrapped my rogue deck which got me to 14 lol =(

and now all my decks are useless really

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I keep getting disconnected on the iPad version, is this a widespread problem or just my personal connection? I'm not losing connection with any of my other devices...

Brofist

Running a one shot Warrior deck with Raging Worgens. Turn 10 one shot a Druid with full health +6 armor. That was fun.

Why is casual harder than ranked? Can't even grind my quests anymore.

Might be a bit more unpredictable than ranked. I feel like I see more legendaries in casual as well, oddly enough. It's really only good for testing out if a deck is good rather than questing. Honestly, I would just quest in ranked, you'll eventually make rank 20 and get your card back for free / build up on your 500 wins thing as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In Ranked, you get matched up with people "your level". If you don't actually grind the ladder and have a sub 20 rank or something, then during the middle of a season, all you face are scrubs and newbies making it really easy to do dailies.

In contrast, Casual is kind of rampant with Legendaries, because everyone assumes people who play "Casual" are bad or new so they'll have an easier time doing their dailies, when in fact the exact opposite is happening. Druid legendary spam, miracle Rogues, control warriors, handlocks, aggro hunters, the whole shebang, and more Legendaries than you can shake a stick at.

So really, the "easiest" place to do dailies at the moment is between ranks 15-25.

Haines

Banned
Casual is way yay easier than ranked. Ranked has leg cards and shit. Casual ez Paz for me. Got my 20 and ditched that shiz

Tarazet

One day I shall have a golden Legendary of my very own... Hopefully on my birthday. It's this month and I resolved not to spend any of my gold till then, then opening a ton of packs at once.

The first Legendary I ever got was a golden Grom. I still have him and he and I have won lots of games together.

Only Legendary I ever dusted was Lorewalker Cho, but not before some amusing games using him in a Warlock rush deck to try and shut down removal spammers. Usually didn't work out as well as it should have, though I did make a Hunter discard his Leeroy by giving him a Soulfire.

I don't play much ranked, to the people who are above rank 10 or so, does the retarded amount of aggro in the ladder eventually dissipate when you get up there? I really don't enjoy playing this game at all when I just face mindless aggro deck after mindless aggro deck.

Dreavus

Make sure you emote "sorry" after every move..Nothing gets my blood boiling in this game more than an opponent who's happy on the sorry emote button...After every freaking move you make...Like they know it all.

Yeah, it's weird that canned emotes can start to grate after a while. People will find a way to make mostly harmless emotes as annoying as they can.

Reminds me of the Dota 2 chat-wheel emotes where "Well Played!" very rarely means that a good play was actually made.

I've probably said it before, but I very often greet then squelch... Unless it's friendlies where emotes are completely spammable and it ends up being hilarious.

Rockyrock

I don't play much ranked, to the people who are above rank 10 or so, does the retarded amount of aggro in the ladder eventually dissipate when you get up there? I really don't enjoy playing this game at all when I just face mindless aggro deck after mindless aggro deck.

90% of the decks at high rank are aggro

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Make sure you emote "sorry" after every move..Nothing gets my blood boiling in this game more than an opponent who's happy on the sorry emote button...After every freaking move you make...Like they know it all.
Just ran into a guy doing this.....god it's annoying, I hope it's not super common

zoukka

Make an anti-aggro deck.

On another note, in other TCG's you always want to be the guy who plays control against aggressive decks.

There's nothing mindless about aggro, this is such a silly sentiment.

JesseZao

Only 65 cards away from a full set! There are a handful of goldens I will not DE, but I've cannibalized the rest. My play time has slowed and I don't run infinite arena anymore because of this. Every 100 just goes to a pack. Really hope we get adventure mode soon.

Edit: 15 rares / 30 epics / 20 legendaries = -45k dust. At around 40 dust a pack, I'm only about 1,000 packs to the end! So close, yet so far.

That's kind of the nature of a a card game. It's thrilling as fuck when you get the pulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom