• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
I just got humiliated so bad with a Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing combo (each time it brought down 4-6 minions), twice in the same game. Amazing AoE for priest, whole board Flamestrike for 4 mana with a 3/1 leftover.

And they got 2x hex and 2x fire elemental with their two thoughtsteals. Was still a close game, but I couldn't finish it.

zoukka

iPhone 4 is single core though, 1/2 as fast as iPad 2, which had the dual core CPU.

Here's hoping they optimize the shit out of the phone versions. Textures can be compressed a lot for the small screens and effects toned down to a minimum. I hope they alter the screen dimensions and zoom level too. Maybe get rid of most of the playing mat.

Strider

It's the worst feeling ever when you think you have your opponent beat but then they draw a couple random legendaries you've never seen before and beat you with them :(

The beauty of the emote system is that it's so hard to be specifically dick-ish; in 99% of situations I can get away with assuming that my opponent is a good-natured fellow having some fun with a card game. I like throwing out "well played" when it's actually well played or "that was a mistake" when my Ragnaros fireballs a 1/1 dork. I'll also occasionally mildly fuck around with emotes because I find it funny, and I'm usually amused by other people doing it, unless it's very specifically dick-ish (which isn't easy to do!) If you assume every emote is a secret fuck you from a misanthropic shit lord then you are going to rage a lot for no reason.

Also when I play with friends we both spam emotes all the time because we're easily entertained.

dorkimoe

That lightwell card with the priest is the most bullshit thing. Enemy card has 10 health so I pretty much can't kill it. Constantly healed

dorkimoe

I'm going to need a healing card in my warlock deck. That spell to damage yourself to get a card is silly and I end my turn with 2-3 mana almost everytime

All I needed to do to win my last game was for him to not draw the 6 damage fireball card. Someone guess what card he drew? Anyone. Anyone?

I'm going to need a healing card in my warlock deck. That spell to damage yourself to get a card is silly and I end my turn with 2-3 mana almost everytime

All I needed to do to win my last game was for him to not draw the 6 damage fireball card. Someone guess what card he drew? Anyone. Anyone?

The Warlock hero power (Life Tap: Deal 2 damage to your hero and draw a card) is really great, just a risky ability. I play Warlock with my Jaraxxus/Gelbin Mekkatorque deck (Jaraxxutorque) and throw in some healing minions (Farseer, Darkscale Healer, etc) to help compensate for the damage my hero takes. It isn't a top-level strategy, but it works decently and is fun.

Unrelated, but I asked a few posts back which Legendary I should craft. I main Shaman and already have Leeroy/Thalnos. Thinking Ysera, Ragnaros, or Cairns. Any suggestions?

dorkimoe

At what point do I start learning crafting? Currently working on level 10 on all my decks. Do I need to craft to be able to win more?

Also crafting websites? I have 0 knowledge

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder how much gold each instalment of adventure mode will cost, my worry is they price it so it breaks the 20k cap at the moment meaning you cant save up for all of them, I could easily see each week being 10k gold.

Q8D3vil

The Warlock hero power (Life Tap: Deal 2 damage to your hero and draw a card) is really great, just a risky ability. I play Warlock with my Jaraxxus/Gelbin Mekkatorque deck (Jaraxxutorque) and throw in some healing minions (Farseer, Darkscale Healer, etc) to help compensate for the damage my hero takes. It isn't a top-level strategy, but it works decently and is fun.

Unrelated, but I asked a few posts back which Legendary I should craft. I main Shaman and already have Leeroy/Thalnos. Thinking Ysera, Ragnaros, or Cairns. Any suggestions?
Cairne and ragnaros almost fit in any deck, Al'Akir seems to be a must card for shaman.
Right now i feel that there is two legendaries that seems to save me alot and have an insane cost efficiency which are Harrison Jones (so damn good vs hunter) and Alex.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been playing as a Hunter and switched to a rush deck. I'm winning more but it feels pretty cheap just spamming guys.

ShinNL

I would totally put Gelkin in there somewhere.. being able to summon him without his invention would be amazing. Do you really need two Flamestrikes in constructed?
Isn't Boulderfist Ogre better then? Since it's a 6/7 for 6 mana...

This specific build really needs the Flamestrike. Unlike other mage decks I don't really have many win conditions. The main win condition is to overpower the board with Legendaries, so Flamestrike is a must.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aldor Peacekeepering and Wisdom Blessing your opponents Venture Co mercenary while only leaving a bunch of 2 attack minions on the table is hilarious.

Cairne and ragnaros almost fit in any deck, Al'Akir seems to be a must card for shaman.
Right now i feel that there is two legendaries that seems to save me alot and have an insane cost efficiency which are Harrison Jones (so damn good vs hunter) and Alex.

I pulled Alex and Harrison both already thankfully. I am leaning towards Al'Akir or Ragnaros. Both seem very fun, especially Al.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
i dont have half the cards they want, guess i gotta keep unlocking them

Yeah im on the same boat so what i do is try to make a deck with some control (Lots of taunts) and at least 2 cool combos

I wanna save... I do... but how does one turn down the Arena as soon as you scrape above 150??

I certainly can't.

DIAGNOSIS: I LOVE THIS GAME.

Working on leveling up all my brehs to 10 and playing arena when gold allows. I think I'm getting better at building solid decks and ArenaValue just got me a three win run, my best yet.

Is there an equivalent for which class to pick? Or just a general ranking? I picked Rogue. (Sugah.)

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Given how far it is away and this is Blizzard I dont see how 10k is laughable, they arent going to give this away they want people to pay for it if possible.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
10k gold is insane. That's 100 days where you hit the max cap with play mode. Obviously quests and arena helps, but that's still absurd for 1 part of the expansion.

At what point do I start learning crafting? Currently working on level 10 on all my decks. Do I need to craft to be able to win more?

Also crafting websites? I have 0 knowledge

You can craft anytime. When you're in the deck building menu, there's a button at the top that says "Crafting Mode." Click on that and you can choose to disenchant cards, which breaks them down into dust. You can use the dust to create new cards. Common cards are 40 dust, while legendaries go up to 1600 dust. It's always good to disenchant cards that you have more than 3 of, since you can only have 2 of the same card in a deck; there's a button that automates this particular process.

If you plan on using gold or real money to buy card packs, I'd only craft 1 of a particular common card instead of 2 since you have a chance of getting it in a pack. You could craft 2 instead if you want them right away though. I think most people save up dust for legendaries/rares, though.

I'm still figuring out what kind of decks I want to use, so I've only crafted 2 Harvest Golems (3 mana, 2/3, deathrattle: summon a 2/1 golem) which are common cards that work well with most classes.

Edit- I think you might find this helpful: http://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hea...newbie-guide-eight-must-have-neutral-cards-to

Aggro decks are the best way to beat RNG. When the whole game is based on your starting draw, you have a better chance of getting 1-3 cost cards if you just build the whole deck that way.

FStop7

Banned
I really hate it when your opponent knows you have lethal and they can't stop you, yet they sit there and spend a whole turn just running out the clock. And then they concede as soon as their timer runs out.

What an awful day to play this. Went from 4-star rank 15 to hovering around rank 16/17. I'm normally fine about losing but I can only take so many bad draws and topdecks in a row before I get completely demoralized.

Aggro decks are the best way to beat RNG. When the whole game is based on your starting draw, you have a better chance of getting 1-3 cost cards if you just build the whole deck that way.

Except the whole game isn't based on your starting draw. I've plenty of times had terrible starting hands but was able to stall the game board from getting out of control for the first 4-5 rounds to make a strong comeback midgame. Decks are capable of winning from a bad starting hand, much more often than you'd think but it depends on the deck and how you play it.

I think if you hate RNG you are better off with some control decks cause you can recover from more shortcomings than a rush deck which 1 mistake or poor RNG will often make you lose.

FStop7

Banned
Paladin?

More like overpoweredin. Most ridiculous cards in the game.

"Recover 8003423904 health draw 230942389408923 cards do 2349089589034 damage to all minions"

johnsmith

remember me
Been playing some arena tonight. First attempt was 9 wins with Paladin, 2nd was 5 with mage. Now I'm on my 3rd attempt and I'm feeling good about this Paladin deck. Small creature aggro with tons of card draw, and blessings of kings for turning those little minions into huge minions. Also got a few weapons and consecreations, really balanced. As long as I can get to 7 wins I'm happy. Currently at 3 wins, 0 losses.

Neki

A Hunter managed to get me to one health when I had two minions on board with a Leeroy, unleash the hounds and timber wolf combo, but next turn I swiped his board, used healing touch and used mark on my cairne and he immediately conceded. Silly hunters!

God I hate playing Druids, they feel so OP compared to other classes.

Druids have difficulty dealing with my tempo deck. I think ramp has the best chance to beat my rogue deck, but if I get a timely sap I can counter their early innervate minions and such and they can't resist using taunt version of DOTC so black knight pretty much secures a win if I get one off.

Druids in general tend to use heavy minions, so vulnerable to hard removal, and in terms of establishing board of your own, they aren't too strong with AOEs. Most don't run starfall and swipe is easier to play around than most AOEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom