• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck.

hs.png

Tarazet

huh, paladins match up quite well against aggressive warlocks... or i got quite unlucky when they wrecked my field with that do 8 damage random move twice. And the paladin legendary is quite annoying. forgot it becomes a 5 attack weapon after it dies... welp.

Still trying to find a good anti aggro deck thats pretty budget. hmmm.

Paladins are one of the best anti-aggro decks, because of their arsenal of healing, removal and minion buffing. Playing Humility or Aldor Peacekeeper against Deathwing is soul crushingly good.

the next game was as intense lmao.

Bk6qYH0CEAAcx0G.jpg:large

Bk6qeSHCMAA42sF.jpg:large

Bk6ql6_IYAA0sSX.jpg:large

if he got the heart of the cards once... id have been fuuucked lol. i was especially proud that i took out that 8/8 legendary that does 8 damage randomly at end of the turn (it kept on nuking shielded dudes)

I can't even connect now..Connected me to one game where the initial card draw doesn't even show up..Closed out, and come back and reconnects me to the game in the same stalled/frozen situation

zoukka

Yesterday was horrible in Arena. 5-3, 5-3 and 6-3. Though I can only blame myself, I picked Rogue twice and still can't draft shit for that class. It's just a worse Hunter in arena just like Warrior is just a worse Paladin as Shaman is a worse Mage :)

Druid sometimes works as an aggro/midrange stompy deck. If I try anything else eeeh....

(never pick Priest)

Bleh, I am dying out here to hunters tonight left and right. Just so many traps and they always get their trap bow.

As rogue, I feel like I have a 30% chance to win these matches before they even begin.

Card Boy

Banned
Since when did they allow unlimited rerolling of quests or was it always there?

I just rerolled to this.

oV704.png

I only found it by accident because i got that 40g quest that makes you cast 20 5 mana or more creatures. Looks like its 1 unique quest at a time, i would of done 3 of the 100g stuff if i could.

chronosic

Since when did they allow unlimited rerolling of quests or was it always there?

I just rerolled to this.

oV704.png

I only found it by accident because i got that 40g quest that makes you cast 20 5 mana or more creatures. Looks like its 1 unique quest at a time, i would of done 3 of the 100g stuff if i could.
It you X a quest it gives you a new one?

Nome

So I love BMing my opponents. I just leave my kill card on the board and see how long it takes them to concede.
Shit like this isn't difficult to detect. If I were working at Blizz, I'd build matchmaking exceptions for people like you and match you against other BM players.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
I actually seemed to do better before I started using all these lists. I'm not sure what that means. Sometimes I think I just have horrible luck at this game. I never seem to get legendaries in my drafts. Meanwhile I run into people who draft two.

Fuck. I finally get a Legendary in my arena draft and my game freezes for a loss and then I get two rogues against my pally with horrible initial hands. Then to boot my card pack for winning is one rare and four commons. Same as the last three packs. FML!!!!

What's BMing?

BM = bad manner

Stalling the game and sitting on a winning turn, using emotes sarcastically like saying "thank you" after you Mind Control his Ragnaros (funny how the least bad mannered emote is actually "threaten").

Why just get them to 0 health with your 1/1 minion when you can double Blessing of Kings and wreck them for -8? Alternatively you get him down to 1 life, Polymorph your Molten Giant and kill him with that. Healing them before killing them is also a favourite of mine.

yeah, you can't really just play this without doing something else as well without being bored to death.

i dont know if its latency but some people take a REALLY long time to make their moves. Late game, fine. but early game? Wish there was an emote for hurry up with a cooldown to prevent spam.

Bizazedo

BM = bad manner

Stalling the game and sitting on a winning turn, using emotes sarcastically like saying "thank you" after you Mind Control his Ragnaros (funny how the least bad mannered emote is actually "threaten").

Why just get them to 0 health with your 1/1 minion when you can double Blessing of Kings and wreck them for -8? Alternatively you get him down to 1 life, Polymorph your Molten Giant and kill him with that. Healing them before killing them is also a favourite of mine.

Eh, I don't consider blasting someone with a double BoK'd minion versus using the 1/1 really too much as bad manners. The rest of what you typed, sure, but that's why I just ignore it and relax.

What really cracks me up is a lot of time, people think they're pissing others off doing the above, but they're not. Their opponent is just relaxed and laughing at them.

Yay Netflix :).

Interfectum

Zeriyah ‏@CM_Zeriyah 3m
Join the discussion about our new Adventure mode, Curse of Naxxramas, using the hashtag #paxxramas! New cards!

Bk8gQR2IgAA_4YH.jpg

bjaelke

30 New cards will be added to the game. Each class will receive at least one new card.
Will be released THIS SUMMER.
Adventures are like dungeons in World of Warcraft. Killing bosses gives you loot (cards)!
There are multiple wings of the adventure. One will roll out per week.
The first part of the adventure is free. The rest can be purchased with gold or real money.

New Cards
Baron Rivendare - 4 Mana / 1 Attack / 7 Health - Your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice.
Nerubian Egg - 2 Mana / 0 Attack / 2 Health - Deathrattle: Summon a 4/4 Nerubian.

PsionBolt

Wow, all those new cards look great. So the first adventure is Deathrattle-themed, huh? Interesting. I wonder if they'll all be themed around neutral mechanics, or if we'll get tribal or class-mechanic-based adventures at some point.

depths20XX

Looks like that Undertaker card is a Warlock card? Seems kinda cool for a 1 cost.

Edit: Er, can't really tell, it looked purple-ish in the pic.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Make sure to make a separate thread for the expansion info.

You can either do that now, or when the panel is finished and you have a full write-up.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The Nerubian Egg sounds particularly interesting for Shaman. Shaman's don't have a great turn 2 play and often end up just playing a totem. They also have a lot of activations for it with rockbiter, flametongue, and maybe defender of argus.

It will also be rough to silence because shamans already tend to have silence targets with flametongue, mana tide, and unbound elemental.

Typically you rockbiter yourself and use your face to kill things which is really rough because you are very susceptible to being rushed down or burned. This actually gives you a target for rockbiter that is better than yourself and will allow a 1 mana removal + get a 4/4 + play another card that turn. The tempo from killing something with a rock-bitered egg will be incredible.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I used the region fix to get the ipad version early, crashes alot, especially ingame, reconnect feature is iffy, takes a while to get back into games so usually if it crashes you miss a turn.

ShinNL

the next game was as intense lmao.

[/IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk6qYH0CEAAcx0G.jpg:large[/IMG]
[/IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk6qeSHCMAA42sF.jpg:large[/IMG]
[/IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk6ql6_IYAA0sSX.jpg:large[/IMG]

if he got the heart of the cards once... id have been fuuucked lol. i was especially proud that i took out that 8/8 legendary that does 8 damage randomly at end of the turn (it kept on nuking shielded dudes)
Is that the Zerg deck with modifications? Oh man, while Druid and Warrior can be beaten with it, it's sure one of the harder matchups for that type of deck. Sure feels good though when you put out 5 minions in a single turn.

Is that the Zerg deck with modifications? Oh man, while Druid and Warrior can be beaten with it, it's sure one of the harder matchups for that type of deck. Sure feels good though when you put out 5 minions in a single turn.

indeed.

I kinda wish this game had more hand manipulation cards ala spell cards that reload the hand, get certain cards from the deck.

i expect there will be some in the future.

Maybe thats why decks seem to edge toward low cost monsters more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom