• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinexus

The cost of each wing of the PVE adventure mode is one thing, but what I'm wondering is:

Once you pay to play, is it unlocked and playable repeatedly for free at that point...OR...will it be like arena, you pay to unlock it, play it, but then to play it again it cost more money/gold?????

I mean, if you unlocked it by buying it, and could play it over and over for no more additional fee of any kind, then you could just farm legendary cards and dust them for nothing, right?

They already stated it is a one-time unlock.

They already stated it is a one-time unlock.

Sounds great..I'm glad to hear that..

So how long before HS is just WoW, but with cards?

I'd totally be okay with this...Multiple player PVE dungeons, crafting, special esthetic items, battleground PVP games with multiple player, etc.....

ZZMitch

Is there any way to move around your decks in your deck list?

edit: Horaay! Just got Leeroy in a pack. That's two legendaries in two days. The first was Millhouse, but I am feeling the luck :D

It's too bad I prefer control but maybe I will make an aggro deck with him. Hunter is usually the best with Leeroy right?

blackflag

Sounds great..I'm glad to hear that..

So how long before HS is just WoW, but with cards?

I'd totally be okay with this...Multiple player PVE dungeons, crafting, special esthetic items, battleground PVP games with multiple player, etc.....

Yeah it sounds fun honestly as long as they keep it balanced around pvp.

Raxus

Wow, Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo is simply amazing. Such burst damage. I can't believe I was playing druid without it.

I know the feeling. Druid is pretty reliable without it but with it my god. Savage roar itself has won me games with a dominant field.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, is it just me, or are Mage spellpower decks extremely effective?

I feel like I can respond to anything. And with Gadgetzan Auctioneers in the mix, I never have to worry about my card draw either.

Brofist

Wow, Force of Nature + Savage Roar combo is simply amazing. Such burst damage. I can't believe I was playing druid without it.

Don't really like those games where you draw into half of the combo in the opening hand, and it's a dead card for the entire game and are eventually forced to use it inefficiently though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
hearthstone_screensholce75.png

So delicious lol..

Hellers

I've been playing a Hunter. Got myself to rank 20 so I can get the card back. Now I'm going to try some other classes. What would people recommend I try next? What's fun to play?

You should know that I lose more than I win :) A game I had recently I was one turn away from bringing out King Krush and ending it. Mage with 6 health left. I had 12. So what does he do? Yes of course he double fireballs me :)

Lyng

Is there any way to move around your decks in your deck list?

edit: Horaay! Just got Leeroy in a pack. That's two legendaries in two days. The first was Millhouse, but I am feeling the luck :D

It's too bad I prefer control but maybe I will make an aggro deck with him. Hunter is usually the best with Leeroy right?

Leeroy fits well in many decks. I use him in my miracle rogue and my own version of Zoo warlock.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member

Two in two days? Nice. I seem to generally get one every 25 packs or so... if I'm lucky. I think I've only gotten legendaries in packs I've purchased. I don't recall getting any from packs I've gotten through arena or gold purchases.

Card Boy

Banned
Every deck i run is epicless, legendaryless and has very few rares. Feels bad man. Part of me wants to drop a 20 to get some boosters.

Might & Magic: Duel of Champions has the much better business model. I had almost 500 cards without spending a cent. You get free cards from the tutorial, campaign, achievements, codes the devs give out and with in game gold you earn from every mode including daily rewards. I dropped a tenner on that game and got the other starter decks which pushed me to over 700 cards.

Tarazet

One OTK with a warrior that was really poplar was dropping a Raging Worgen, enraging it and giving it charge, the copying it for something around 50 damage.

No longer possible because Charge is 3 mana now. You could still do Molten Giant + Charge + Inner Rage x 2, and Faceless Manipulator... and potentially do 28 unanswerable damage for 8 mana. But you need to be at 10 health or lower.

Beefy

How do you report a hacker? made it so I couldn't attack or play any cards. (Taken his name out as it may be due to server issues)

LaneDS

Has Blizzard given any indication if the paid wings of Naxx will be similarly to Arena, where you pay a small amount of gold or money to get a single run to try and clear it? I figure the "buy it once and you have unlimited access" idea is more likely, but I thought monetizing runs through the wings would be interesting too (and annoying for a lot of people, no doubt).

de1irium

Has Blizzard given any indication if the paid wings of Naxx will be similarly to Arena, where you pay a small amount of gold or money to get a single run to try and clear it? I figure the "buy it once and you have unlimited access" idea is more likely, but I thought monetizing runs through the wings would be interesting too (and annoying for a lot of people, no doubt).

They have mentioned that it's a one-time buy.

Celegus

Two in two days? Nice. I seem to generally get one every 25 packs or so... if I'm lucky. I think I've only gotten legendaries in packs I've purchased. I don't recall getting any from packs I've gotten through arena or gold purchases.

wat.

I'm not mathematician, but that is way more dollars than I want to even think about. Do people actually put that much money into this game?

de1irium

wat.

I'm not mathematician, but that is way more dollars than I want to even think about. Do people actually put that much money into this game?

25 packs is somewhere around $35 USD. If you're into Hearthstone enough to play on a regular basis, that's not an unreasonable amount of money.

I did the math the other night and I've spent around $60 on packs. I probably shouldn't have, but I don't really regret it. I'm getting plenty of entertainment out of it.

EDIT: I guess "every 25 packs or so" would imply that he's bought well over 25 packs. But yeah, that's CCG's for you.

No longer possible because Charge is 3 mana now. You could still do Molten Giant + Charge + Inner Rage x 2, and Faceless Manipulator... and potentially do 28 unanswerable damage for 8 mana. But you need to be at 10 health or lower.

Yeah, was just bringing it up as an example for OJ or whoever asked.

Interesting thing though, it feels as if they're fine with large amounts of damage in one turn, just as long as it isn't an OTK.

Well he could still play and was also attacking me on his go?

I've had it before where I've clicked end turn, then the opponents turn goes straight to the 10 second countdown without him being able to do anything, then it was my turn again and I had the full amount of time to play whatever I wanted. The same thing happened for the next few turns.

Most likely you just had a server issue.

Mordeccai

Oh my fucking god. This rogue plays NO CARDS until turn 8 and I have him down to 3 hp while I'm at 28 (!!!!!)

Dude drops a questing adventurer, leeroy, deadly poison, preparation, cold blood, blade flurry, fucking 28 dmg to my face gg.

That's the most infuriating loss I've had yet. First game of hearthstone for the day and I've already said fuck this noise and decided to not play until tomorrow.

SteveWD40

Oh my fucking god. This rogue plays NO CARDS until turn 8 and I have him down to 3 hp while I'm at 28 (!!!!!)

Dude drops a questing adventurer, leeroy, deadly poison, preparation, cold blood, blade flurry, fucking 28 dmg to my face gg.

That's the most infuriating loss I've had yet. First game of hearthstone for the day and I've already said fuck this noise and decided to not play until tomorrow.

To be fair, if that's his deck strategy he probably wins 1 out of every 10 matches.

ShinNL

Haven't played Arena for a long while. Let's see how this goes.

1-0
2-0
3-0

3-1 (LOL, lost to a Shaman? That ain't right. They always seem to luck out pretty hard... now that I think about it, 2 Feral Spirit, 2 Lightning Storm is kinda absurd in the arena.... the fuck)

Minsc

Gold Member

I don't know, reading the list I see 0 damage, 6 damage, +2 damage, 0 damage, 4 damage, 3 damage... that makes 15?

Celegus

You couldn't kill a guy that didn't play any cards in 8 turns? The heck kind of deck do you have?

Minsc

Gold Member
Over two turns I believe.

I didn't know we were playing a game where stuff you cast the prior turn was there for your next turn, anything I play always seems to disappear during my opponent's turn, especially if I've not given them any targets to spend their 10+ removals on in the prior 8 turns. :p

Mordeccai

Yeah it was over two turns. He played the 3-4 blade on turn 3 or 4, and a bluegill warrior Si7 agent eviscerate combo the turn before Leeroy.

I was drawing all my removal and higher level minions which was useless against this dude because there was nothing to remove. Going to make a new deck anyways just cuz I'm salty.

Aylinato

Has anyone faced a rogue that plays questing adventurer, and then just keep stealthing it while attacking to the face, returning any minions to hand to help keep stealthing the damn thing, and returning your minions to your hand

Celegus

Has anyone faced a rogue that plays questing adventurer, and then just keep stealthing it while attacking to the face, returning any minions to hand to help keep stealthing the damn thing, and returning your minions to your hand

Yes, but it's often Van Cleef instead of an adventurer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I didn't know we were playing a game where stuff you cast the prior turn was there for your next turn, anything I play always seems to disappear during my opponent's turn, especially if I've not given them any targets to spend their 10+ removals on in the prior 8 turns. :p

Yeah I don't know how that works but that's the only way Leeroy + Questing could result in 26+ damage!

Lyng

Yeah I use QA in my miracle rogue deck, since I don't have VC.
I thought Miracle was cheese until I tried it myself. Probably one of the decks that require most planning of every move.

GeeDuhb

Arena is seriously like gambling in Vegas...I suck and keep losing, but I am having fun so I keep playing! So dangerous...my poor gold...lol

Arena is seriously like gambling in Vegas...I suck and keep losing, but I am having fun so I keep playing! So dangerous...my poor gold...lol

lol perfect analogy.

Few days ago I like read up on best classes, was all set with ArenaValue, and rolled the three worst class options.

; /

FStop7

Banned
I've been messing around with this deck. It's sort of based on zoo lock.

I've had some good runs with it. It does bleed a lot, though. It really depends on the opening few turns. I've also ended up in situations where I've had one or two Soulfires but couldn't use them without discarding Ragnaros or Leeroy, which is unfortunate.

iNNz6BNlO7MnH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom