• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeDuhb

getting 245 gold after 12 arena wins is just fucking bullshit.
I remember getting more money before the last 2 patchs :/

Yeah between that and them not giving you a new quest if you start the day with 3 already, they are really trying to dilute the amount of gold available...

de1irium

Yeah between that and them not giving you a new quest if you start the day with 3 already, they are really trying to dilute the amount of gold available...

If they're going to do this, I hope they up the three-wins award to 15 gold or something. Would be nice if just sitting down and playing the game was a little bit more rewarding, rather than purely banking on quests and arena.

GeeDuhb

If they're going to do this, I hope they up the three-wins award to 15 gold or something. Would be nice if just sitting down and playing the game was a little bit more rewarding, rather than purely banking on quests and arena.

Exactly. It does make it feel like such a grind with so little reward...but then again, thats what F2P is all about...doing whatever they can to entice you to drop $$$

lol perfect analogy.

Few days ago I like read up on best classes, was all set with ArenaValue, and rolled the three worst class options.

; /

I know the feeling. I used to use ArenaValue. You will still rack up massive losses. I've actually just given up on arena altogether.

In my experience (YMMV), it's just not an efficient use of gold.

GeeDuhb

I know the feeling. I used to use ArenaValue. You will still rack up massive losses. I've actually just given up on arena altogether.

To me, I still find it to be pretty efficient cause it gives me (some) enjoyment and you get a pack and something else, at a minimum. I find it better to spend the extra 50 gold on it than to just buy a pack outright. But again, thats just me.

I mean it's a little inefficient but it's only a little more than a pack and you still get a pack…

I like it. Helps hone muh tactics and general card knowledge.

Kosma

Banned
Instead of having rank 1-25 in one go Hearthstone really needs different leagues you can go up or down in like in Starcraft.

Or is there some reason for not having this?

Its funny that I made it to Rank 14 today (my best) with the same deck that got me down to rank 19 a few days ago.

I wish hearthstone was just a 60 euro game with 30 euro yearly expansions or something. Dont feel like dropping money on it now. That would have been more blizzard style and more suitable for e-sports too.

Two in two days? Nice. I seem to generally get one every 25 packs or so... if I'm lucky. I think I've only gotten legendaries in packs I've purchased. I don't recall getting any from packs I've gotten through arena or gold purchases.

I got one LEG since ive been in Beta :/

Scratch

Yeah I use QA in my miracle rogue deck, since I don't have VC.
I thought Miracle was cheese until I tried it myself. Probably one of the decks that require most planning of every move.

Miracle is probably one of the hardest decks to play. Probably on par with cycle hunter.

Neki

I've been messing around with this deck. It's sort of based on zoo lock.

I've had some good runs with it. It does bleed a lot, though. It really depends on the opening few turns. I've also ended up in situations where I've had one or two Soulfires but couldn't use them without discarding Ragnaros or Leeroy, which is unfortunate.

iNNz6BNlO7MnH.png
This deck is so over the place, at first it looks like a normal aggro deck but then you have acolytes and a blood mage, so it could a mid range but then you have a shadow flame and a rag and a bane of doom. Decide what you want your deck to do before you build it, because by having pieces from every type of deck, you only worsen your good match ups and make bad match ups even worse.

This deck is so over the place, at first it looks like a normal aggro deck but then you have acolytes and a blood mage, so it could a mid range but then you have a shadow flame and a rag and a bane of doom. Decide what you want your deck to do before you build it, because by having pieces from every type of deck, you only worsen your good match ups and make bad match ups even worse.

I think it looks like a midrange lock deck. I've run midrange before and it is pretty good. It has potential. I think his deck has a low curve, doesn't make it aggro though. In fact, zoolock is a board control deck with a low curve in the first place. Not aggro.

Minsc

Gold Member
I wish hearthstone was just a 60 euro game with 30 euro yearly expansions or something. Dont feel like dropping money on it now. That would have been more blizzard style and more suitable for e-sports too.

They do make card games like that, where you just buy in and get access to everything. Usually you share a pool of cards between you and your opponent, so you're free to try it. No good examples really come to mind unfortunately, I don't have much experience with the system myself... but it is obviously much more "fair" and strategic... but also a whole lot different, I feel it'd never be as popular if you just gave everyone a full set of all the cards. The game would be 90% control warrior decks stuffed to the brim with legendaries, and 10% whatever meta countered them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is something broken in the game right now?

I just tried three ranked matches and my opponents instantaneously left each time.

Do we know how long each ranked season lasts? I thought I heard until the end of the month but I wasn't sure if I imagined that.

Just got to rank 15 last night after hovering on the upper edge of 16 for a couple of days, so stoked but worried I'll just slip back down again :(

Frenden

Banned
IMGUR album of a turn four concede my RNG Shaman deck elicited recently.

It has every neutral random-effect card in the game in it except Elite Tauren Chieftan (I just don't have him yet). All class cards were added to get to thirty cards.

It does weird things. Shaman seemed like the right hero to make an RNG deck with (totems are the RNG'est).

GeeDuhb

Just finished another crappy arena run, where I got another lame pack (1 rare, which seems to have happened about my last 7 packs) and I got the urge to open up another pack, so I dished out 100 gold...

What an awesome pull! My first legendary too! And I have been playing (on and off) since like November!

Idi1Qm8.png

Scratch

Opened two packs, got 3 Unleash the Hounds. What's a good Hunter deck? I've only been playing Mage and Druid so far.

Sunshine/life coach/lion king/beasts acre, whatever you wanna call it, is the new flavor of the week. It's a midrange control hunter deck that has very few counters

zoukka

I opened a pack with five legendaries. And then I woke up. They were all bad though it was pretty nice to hover the cards and realise they are all fucking orange!

Sunshine/life coach/lion king/beasts acre, whatever you wanna call it, is the new flavor of the week. It's a midrange control hunter deck that has very few counters

It's also a very inconsistent deck with a lot of situational cards and strategies. The ones that don't play explosive trap autolose to the aggro meta unless you draw UTH in every opening hand.

Scratch

I opened a pack with five legendaries. And then I woke up. They were all bad though it was pretty nice to hover the cards and realise they are all fucking orange!

It's also a very inconsistent deck with a lot of situational cards and strategies. The ones that don't play explosive trap autolose to the aggro meta unless you draw UTH in every opening hand.

What makes you think the deck is inconsistent? It's pretty prominent between ranks 5-1. I ran the deck myself and found it's very rare I didn't draw, mulligan into, track into, or flare into uth. Of course if I didn't, I'd get rolled by zoo, but how is that different than a Druid who doesn't start with swipe or a warrior who can't get his armor smiths and acolytes?

scy

As far as I'm aware, that Hunter deck is basically the de facto deck to beat around Legendary this season. Straight Aggro or Cycle Hunter decks weren't too hard to beat if you were piloting Control Warrior or Druid.

I really need to grind to Legend soon before I forget to.

What makes you think the deck is inconsistent? It's pretty prominent between ranks 5-1. I ran the deck myself and found it's very rare I didn't draw, mulligan into, track into, or flare into uth. Of course if I didn't, I'd get rolled by zoo, but how is that different than a Druid who doesn't start with swipe or a warrior who can't get his armor smiths and acolytes?

Hmm, looks like I have some reading to do. Thanks for the input guys!

Is something broken in the game right now?

I just tried three ranked matches and my opponents instantaneously left each time.

What rank are you? If you're around 20-15, the people leaving could be farming gold. Winning a match, then quickly conceding the next, playing normal, then conceding to de-rank yourself can put you against weaker opponents which results in quick wins. A lot of people do it for the golden Hero portraits.

johnsmith

remember me
Woo, made it to rank 9 after a 4 game winning stream. My last game was amazingly lucky. I was 1 hp short for a kill, and he would have killed me immediately on his next turn, but a knife juggler ping to the face sealed the deal for me, even though he had 3 minions on the board. It was fitting it would be a close game as it was against another zoo deck.

Used some dust from my 2nd Cenarius to finish up my zoo deck, and those last few cards made a world of difference.

zoukka

Obviously these are just my own findings based on a limited amount of matches. And before we delve too deep into this, would someone post the most used list for this deck? It might've been that I played some crappy variant of it :b

Scratch

Obviously these are just my own findings based on a limited amount of matches. And before we delve too deep into this, would someone post the most used list for this deck? It might've been that I played some crappy variant of it :b

Kolento's version:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/44220-kolento-rank-1-na-hunter-deck

Beastacre:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/43408-beastacre

i've only used beastacre. but i played against kolento and got rekt, so his version might be more consistent.

Anyone having alt-tab issues?

I just updated my drivers, and even when in windowed mode, once I open hearthstone I am unable to click anything outside of the game. Once I exit it, everything is fine.

Edit: Even more peculiar, it only starts happening once a match has been found.

Kosma

Banned
They do make card games like that, where you just buy in and get access to everything. Usually you share a pool of cards between you and your opponent, so you're free to try it. No good examples really come to mind unfortunately, I don't have much experience with the system myself... but it is obviously much more "fair" and strategic... but also a whole lot different, I feel it'd never be as popular if you just gave everyone a full set of all the cards. The game would be 90% control warrior decks stuffed to the brim with legendaries, and 10% whatever meta countered them.

Hmm interesting point, i guess having everyone have everything would create new issues with balance as well. That said that is basically admitting the game balance is flawed already.

Still seems it would be more open.

Lyng

Hmm should I craft Alextrasa or go mental and craft king mukla? Also considering Van Cleef. Is he more consistent to use then QA?

blackflag

x4mReDFl.jpg

Looks like my best arena deck yet. Easily won last game but I'm too tired to continue. I make enough sloppy mistakes as it is.

Also went 6-0 tonight in ranked with control warrior. I'm only rank 18 so that's not saying much but it sure helped my confidence.

blackflag

Hmm should I craft Alextrasa or go mental and craft king mukla? Also considering Van Cleef. Is he more consistent to use then QA?

If you like control decks that are slow, alexstrasa is amazing. I'd go with that but that's because I like control better than aggro.

I have enough to craft 2 legendaries. Thinking of Ysera and Cenarion or TBK and something else.

Xater

They are called living card games. Netrunner is probably the most popular one right now. Fantasy Flight Games produces a bunch of these.

Lyng

They are called living card games. Netrunner is probably the most popular one right now. Fantasy Flight Games produces a bunch of these.

Netrunner is also the best example why that model works. Also Netrunner is insanely well balanced. Especially considering they dont have the luxury of beeing able to change cards.

br3wnor

Just finished another crappy arena run, where I got another lame pack (1 rare, which seems to have happened about my last 7 packs) and I got the urge to open up another pack, so I dished out 100 gold...

What an awesome pull! My first legendary too! And I have been playing (on and off) since like November!

Idi1Qm8.png

Nice, I don't have the Leg but had an Arena run where I used him and actually won 3 matches solely because of that card.One match the guy got me down to 2HP before I triggered that battle cry, it was awesome.

br3wnor

How's everyone feel about the Adventure mode? Read the press release and am super excited, seems like an awesome way to play the game and hopefully will break up the monotony of constructed/arena play.

zoukka

Kolento's version:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/44220-kolento-rank-1-na-hunter-deck

Beastacre:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/43408-beastacre

i've only used beastacre. but i played against kolento and got rekt, so his version might be more consistent.

Ok the decks are similar to what I played. Houndmaster is a highly situational card and you can get fucked by drawing them both. It's a dead card in many situations as it is a great card in some.

My list had two deadly shots which is obviously too much and they are dead against aggro decks.

Hyena is a fun gimmick, but again strongly situational.

Maybe my experience around rank 10 is just a wrong meta for this deck, but secret hunter and charge hunter seem like much stronger and more importantly consistent decks.

SteveWD40

So, last week they said "1-2 weeks" for worldwide iPad release. 1 week is this week, wonder when we will know (since it's already out in Australia)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom