• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

That depends if you enjoy doing arena. It always gives you a pack, so you only need about 3 wins to get the other 50 gold back, so in my opinion it is worth it to just do arenas. Later on, it might be good to buy a few packs straight up, if you are planning on disenchanting useless cards and crafting the ones you want.

Sounds good. I might just throw $10-20 into the game to get a good selection of cards. I want to focus on three different classes, but I feel for arena you have to have a good grasp of all the classes to do well.

Frenden

Banned
The meta is awful right now. It's a bummer that this is the meta all the iOS folks have to face. I'm tempted to put HS down for a little while.

TP17

Glad the iOS version came out; I've gone through the tutorial, unlocked all the classes before beating the expert AI - great fun so far.

Decided to use the free arena run, currently at 4 wins without loss as a mage - really love how you can stop and carry on the arena at any point, makes it much more appealing than mtgo drafting where your committed to the draft for quite an amount of time.

I like the priest class so I think I'll try to build a priest deck to hit ranked with.

In my first pack I got a gold Abomination, I've not looked into crafting/dusting but do I get more as it's gold therefore making it better to create a non-gold version and profit?

scy

In my first pack I got a gold Abomination, I've not looked into crafting/dusting but do I get more as it's gold therefore making it better to create a non-gold version and profit?

The dust you get for disenchanting a Gold Rare will only give you enough to make a Rare. You won't actually profit any :x

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
God damn I wish this game stored replays or logs. Just had the greatest turnaround. As a Warrior versus a Paladin in Arena, I had just sacrificed close to everything to take down his Tirion Fordring, left with a 5/1 frost elemental versus his 3/3 Silvermoon Guardian with a Divine Shield still on it, as well as the 5/3 Ashbringer from Tirion's deathrattle, and I had 15 health whereas he was close to full. The dude pulls out a Blessing of Kings on his Silvermoon Guardian making it a 7/7 with Divine Shield, and hits me in the face with all he's got, putting me at 3hp. The guy is constantly spamming 'I am sorry' and 'Well played'. My hand was nothing but minions, and I had basically no spells in my pool. I had saved a Big Game Hunter however, which he just put the SG in range of, but that alone would not save me. With my only taunt minion long gone, and no defensive spells of any kind I was ready to tap out. But, of course, I top deck the lone Acidic Swamp Ooze, neutering the only threat he had out after Big Game Hunter takes out the Silvermoon Guardian. I was still on the backfoot for quite some time, narrowly avoiding death from two Avenging Wraths, amongst other things, but I eventually won. What a rush.

Aylinato

God damn I wish this game stored replays or logs. Just had the greatest turnaround. As a Warrior versus a Paladin in Arena, I had just sacrificed close to everything to take down his Tirion Fordring, left with a 5/1 frost elemental versus his 3/3 Silvermoon Guardian with a Divine Shield still on it, as well as the 5/3 Ashbringer from Tirion's deathrattle, and I had 15 health whereas he was close to full. The dude pulls out a Blessing of Kings on his Silvermoon Guardian making it a 7/7 with Divine Shield, and hits me in the face with all he's got, putting me at 3hp. The guy is constantly spamming 'I am sorry' and 'Well played'. My hand was nothing but minions, and I had basically no spells in my pool. I had saved a Big Game Hunter however, which he just put the SG in range of, but that alone would not save me. With my only taunt minion long gone, and no defensive spells of any kind I was ready to tap out. But, of course, I top deck the lone Acidic Swamp Ooze, neutering the only threat he had out after Big Game Hunter takes out the Silvermoon Guardian. I was still on the backfoot for quite some time, narrowly avoiding death from two Avenging Wraths, amongst other things, but I eventually won. What a rush.

I had a 0/8 silenced healing well and 6/6 temple enforcer, as priest, turn 7 for enemy comes and he kills my 6/6 with sheep/fireblast, my turn 7, and I use double the health twice on the healing well to a 32 health minion. I use inner fire and kill his 30 health stupid Mage.

manhack

The meta is awful right now. It's a bummer that this is the meta all the iOS folks have to face. I'm tempted to put HS down for a little while.

I suppose that is why Arena will always be good. No meta to worry about. RNG can still be a bitch though.

manhack

Nice. Just had a great arena games in a row where I was almost dead an the other players spammed "i'm sorry", "well played", "thank you" and then I win on the next play with pure top decking awesomeness.

To your point I would love to post the replays, too. Maybe I should keep Shadowplay on while I play from now on.

Ahaha playing against aggro paladin with secrets must be so frustrating. You thought you were going to attack that Leper gnome? Nope Noble Sacrifice. You thought you were finally finished with that Scarlet Crusader? Nope Redemption.

Yay, my first legendary card after the golden Mekkatorque from the Beta (disenchanted). I'm notorious for having bad luck with boosters.

A6JbMVx.jpg

Maybe I should play a Shaman deck. Al'Alkir seems to need a lot of support though.

pic.twitter.com/3L6jJ7MRpg

Fuck, the image is too slow, don't know how to take a better screenshot on ipad

What exactly is giving you problems with iPad screenshots?

Red Comet

I've been playing this on my iPad for a little bit now, and it's great. Almost as fun as on PC, but I do notice a bit of lag. I'm looking forward to this coming out on iPhone because I think my 5S would run it better.

sibarraz

Banned
Yay, my first legendary card after the golden Mekkatorque from the Beta (disenchanted). I'm notorious for having bad luck with boosters.

Maybe I should play a Shaman deck. Al'Alkir seems to need a lot of support though.

What exactly is giving you problems with iPad screenshots?

If I take an screenshot how could I upload it quick from my ipad{? this one was uploaded to twitter and looks like ass

scy

Al'Akir "needs" Rockbiter or Flametongue Totem but most Shaman decks run those anyway. He's sudden burst to close games out but, compared to Leeroy, he can be used to gain the board back if needed.

Mukla is pretty good so far in my rogue deck. I have been able to consistently get him out on an empty board. I am playing a lot of weirdo decks in casual though. I thought I was playing a murloc deck when he dropped millhouse turn 2 which I ended up double deadly poison to kill knowing I could kill anything he dropped turn 3 to drop my super mukla. I think he knew he lost from there and was playing weird as heck, even buffed my minion with a banana.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Man, I kid you not, I've faced 5 Hunters in a row in Arena (EU). Sitting at 6-2

Fuck this.
Hi! Just went 7-3 as Hunter and after most of my wins I wanted to offer my shoulder to cry on.

inky

Hi! Just went 7-3 as Hunter and after most of my wins I wanted to offer my shoulder to cry on.

Thanks.
I hate you and you should feel bad for playing a broken hero :p

I lost both times to Hunters and that was pissing me off too much. Funnily enough, after that happened I faced: Paladin, Mage, Rogue and am now 9-2 =D

Figures that I switch to EU (I'm from NA) after some dreaful arenas and I manage to go this high on my second run. FML. I know you shouldn't leave runs unfinished or it is likely the streak will end, but I really need to sleep =/ Work early tomorrow. Oh well.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Went 17-6 in Arena today

My second deck was a 9 win Pally deck that started 1-2. Last game was a Hunter who UTH four times (only once with a buzzard, but that kept him in it)

Either I had lethal or he did. When I hit 9 I thought I might finally hit 12, but no dice.

50-18 in my last 6 Arenas though

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
loooooooooooooooooooooooool hafu taemin true love story

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Yep, I was in the middle of a great play with shadow madness using his own thalnos. Was gonna wreck his board and get the deathrattle draw. :(

johnsmith

remember me
This game really needs to give you a confirmation pop up box when you cast a beneficial spell on an enemy or a harmful spell on a friendly minion. Accidentally cast blessing of wisdom on an enemy. FML.

Kosma

Banned
I feel like im the only hunter that uses snake trap.

Card can be so good. Or so bad of someone doesnt bite

I know have a deck with one snake trap, frozen trap, explosice trap and snipe. Really makes it hard for the enemy to plan around.

Yay, my first legendary card after the golden Mekkatorque from the Beta (disenchanted). I'm notorious for having bad luck with boosters

Im with you, only have one as well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom