• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinexus

I am sitting on 2900 dust and trying to decide the next Legendary I craft. I sacrificed a golden Tinkmaster and a normal Tinkmaster to the gods to get to this point and crafted Ysera and Bloodmage. Still, 2900'ish left to play with.

I am primarily playing my Warrior Control deck (many hearts) and it's currently stacked with...

Cairne
Sylvanas
Ysera
Ragnaros
Grom Hellscream
Alexstracza

I currently have, outside of my fave deck..

Nat Pagle
Prophet Velen
Malygos
Bloodmage Thalnos
Leeroy Jenkins
Tirion Fordring
Edwin Van Cleef

Highly debating what to build next. Leaning towards Black Knight. He feels like the last "Try Hard" card that I'd need, but afraid to press that crafting button.

Yes, yes, I know. Jaraxxus :p. Ignoring him, though.

Baron Geddon and Black Knight look like the only legendaries you don't have that tend to go in control warrior decks. Harrison Jones too maybe, but I wouldn't craft it. I would go with Baron for your control warrior specifically.

keuja

Mages. Are fucking horrible. Top deck flamestrike. Top deck flamestrike. Top deck fireball. Top deck three different taunt cards. When you're outplaying someone at every single turn yet they keep top decking AOE cards that wipe the board or high damage spell cards then the class is fucked.

yep I hate mages, they feel so cheap.

Bizazedo

Baron Geddon and Black Knight look like the only legendaries you don't have that tend to go in control warrior decks. Harrison Jones too maybe, but I wouldn't craft it. I would go with Baron for control warrior specifically.

I never even seriously considered Geddon. Thanks, will give me something to look at when I get home.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
3-10 today with my mage deck. I think I might retire this for the time being. Jesus.

depths20XX

yeah it's really fun to play and most people don't expect it. like hunter should be a really bad matchup because flare clears ice block but so many times they just burn flare for the card draw.

Yup. I would think hunter could do well against it, especially if they started using 2 flares, and 2 ironbeaks, but as you said most burn the flare early and aren't expecting this kind of deck.

mjc

There's no feasible use for King Mukla is there? I got him in a pack the other day but I really can't think of a good use for him. Might just dust him.

There's no feasible use for King Mukla is there? I got him in a pack the other day but I really can't think of a good use for him. Might just dust him.

he's okay in the warlock zoo deck or in a rogue deck. but with all the hunters out there right now he's not very good. he's the perfect kill command target and now your opponent has two bananas.

That or just ride the Leeroy + UTH + timber wolves combo that generally wrecks people.

yeah there's also that. but i don't think he's that good in the lifecoach/kolento versions of the deck? that deck cares a lot more about card value than burst damage.

this is the kolento version without any weapons or traps. it's pretty disgusting.

UjaYCJC.png

How can the dev team honestly say UTH and hunters in general is balanced?

How is UTH only 2 mana?

it used to be 4 and no one played hunter.

the mana cost isn't the problem, really. it's that when you're up against a hunter you just can't play you cards. it's a frustrating and un-fun mechanic. it should do something like summon 2 2/1 dogs.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Buzzards synergy with UTH is the broken mechanic. Best card draw, burst, and board clear mechanic in game for a low cost of 4 or 5 mana.

Bizazedo

I wish they'd more feedback on thoughts on all of the different playstyles and the meta. I find it fascinating, regardless of what they say, but it'd also encourage / be an alarm bell in terms of what they find fair and not fair.

Miletius

King Mukula is good in hunter decks. 5/5 for 3, and a beast. Yeah, you have the bananas as a downside but if you are going for the throat then they are pretty inconsequential.

soldat7

I wouldn't pay real money because you won't get a positive return if you aren't good enough to get a decent amount of wins. I would do the quests to save for an arena every few days. Eventually the time to get 150 gold will be short. When you get good enough at arena the barrier is how much you really want to play an arena run. I make my gold back on average but it takes ages to play when you get 7+ wins. At this point I'm only doing it to get dust for a few of the legendaries I'm missing. Another reason why paying for Arena is not great is drafting is important and going into that with little experience is a good way to not have a good run.

Alright. I'll stick with it. It's easy to get raging mad at this game but then have a burning desire to play it again a short time later.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This is easily the most boring metagame I can remember, its endless

Zabant

Hounds should not be beast minions.

That is the only change that should happen, hunters need those hounds at 2 mana as they have no aoe board clear like every other class (blizzard, flamestrike, consecration, hellfire, lightning storm, swipe, holy fire, fan of knives, blade flurry etc)

Uthred

It's streamlined compared to magic but it's not too simple.

We just need a couple more mechanics.

I think its on the borderline of being too simple for me personally (though I still enjoy the game, especially now that its on tablets), but as you said a couple of more mechanics would easily take care of that. Guess I pine for interrupts ;)

scy

I feel like we can make a long list of ways to change UtH but I'd still rather address the fact that there's no neutral that takes advantage of multiple drops per turn. Or an anti-Charge card (e.g., a Taunt that grows in size per Charge played), though that's just Hunter's Mark bait. A way to take advantage of their use of UtH seems better than just gutting the card.

Besides that, Hunter stands out since they're designed around their synergy and it's finally paying off in the meta.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Omg piece of shit stallers!

F***ING POS in arena just waiting the timer out while he's really there! POS. There needs to be a timestamp log and report system to ban these pieces shit. Ban them for the fucking day tor correct this abuse

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is easily the most boring metagame I can remember, its endless

I played HS a ton between October and February, then I stopped. Today I go to see what's changed in the meta, and.. well... uh... things look exactly the same.

FStop7

Banned
Omg piece of shit stallers!

F***ING POS in arena just waiting the timer out while he's really there! POS. There needs to be a timestamp log and report system to ban these pieces shit. Ban them for the fucking day tor correct this abuse

I ran into a douchelord playing Hunter who played at a quick pace until his last two turns. Once it was clear he was going to lose he sat there and spun his mouse around so his turns would run fully out (I could see the different minions highlighting as he passed over them.) Hearthstone really needs a reporting system like DotA 2's.

scy

I played HS a ton between October and February, then I stopped. Today I go to see what's changed in the meta, and.. well... uh... things look exactly the same.

I think most of the "it's stale as shit" comes from the fact it's the same classes for awhile. But the decks themselves have changed a lot. Like, we went from a purely rush-based Hunter to the trap/combo cycle Hunter, and now to the mid-range Beast synergy Hunter. And then the normal sprinkling of Warlock variants and then the control decks.

zoukka

I think most of the "it's stale as shit" comes from the fact it's the same classes for awhile. But the decks themselves have changed a lot. Like, we went from a purely rush-based Hunter to the trap/combo cycle Hunter, and now to the mid-range Beast synergy Hunter. And then the normal sprinkling of Warlock variants and then the control decks.

Hunter is the greatest in all its forms :b

FStop7

Banned
Just beat a warrior that played Cairne, Alexstrasza, Baron Geddon , Hellscream and Gorehowl in one game.

Feels good bro's.

Haha. Trump was talking a lot of shit about the state of Warrior yesterday during his stream. Basically he was saying "Poor Warriors and their super expensive decks, all of those legendaries, and right now they're pretty much cast aside at the top thanks to Hunters in the current meta."

Is it me or are taunt characters overpowered? I feel like it's an easy win if I have more than my opponent.

Try loading a deck up with taunts and see how it plays out.

I have (yet another) complaint. I don't like how random damage effects (Arcane Missiles, Mad Bomber, Demolisher) are able to hit stealthed minions. Especially arcane, that's BS.

scy

It's basically the type of deck that Control Warrior loses to. And was probably one of the greatest inspirations for the current Hunter deck since it's historically been a like 90-10 match-up in Control Warrior's favor.

Hunter is the greatest in all its forms :b

This is honestly the first time Hunter has been the hardest deck to beat of the format. Rush Hunter was a pretty lousy deck besides crowding out the slower aggro/tempo decks and bad control decks, Cycle Hunter pushed out the decks that couldn't win off the back of a few threats / out burst them, and now the current variants have finally found a way to beat all those control decks that Hunter used to lose to while retaining a positive match-up vs most the rest of the field.

Humorously enough, that means it should actually lose to the tempo decks that Hunter reigned supreme over for so long. Then again, it's hard to say since the best tempo decks (Rogue) already start a little disadvantaged vs Hunter.

Kosma

Banned
Bought my first 15 packs since I started playing last year.

So far I only have one legendary (Ysera) from normal play.

Wish me luck lads.

TP17

What are the spells which take into account minion positioning i.e. one was cast against me where one minion dealt it's damage to adjacent ones or something very similar.

Pretty sure I'll get blown out with one if I don't find out.

Kosma

Banned
Ok the haul is not so omg amazing.

1 Legendary (Hogger :( ) and 4 epics.

Edit: actually got a lot of cards that I didn't have yet. Pretty nice. Pyroblast.

scy

What are the spells which take into account minion positioning i.e. one was cast against me where one minion dealt it's damage to adjacent ones or something very similar.

Pretty sure I'll get blown out with one if I don't find out.

Rogue: Betrayal (2cc), deals target's attack to adjacent minion. Put your weakest minion in the center.

Mage: Cone of Cold (4cc), deals 1 damage and freezes the target and adjacent. Put minions that cannot be targeted in the center (e.g., Faerie Dragon) and keep your big threats away from each other on 4+ minion boards so they can't both be frozen.

Hunter: Explosive Shot (5cc), deals 5 damage to target and 2 damage to adjacent. Put lowest Health minion in the center so most of the damage is wasted. Also can do the non-targetable thing as well.

Great. After I got kicked out of an Arena match (turn wouldn't end) I can't play the game anymore at all.
"Playful sprites blablaba" every time I try to start a game. Play Mode and Arena.
Glad the game is out of beta *rolleyes*

edit: can't even play against AI opponent without crashing the game ...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Humorously enough, that means it should actually lose to the tempo decks that Hunter reigned supreme over for so long. Then again, it's hard to say since the best tempo decks (Rogue) already start a little disadvantaged vs Hunter.
I was playing some aggro warrior yesterday and I think I had a 100% win rate vs hunters. Sadly there was too much Zoo and Druid around for me to make any progress on ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom