• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

That the video you were telling me about Alucard? Wow.
So jealous of tbat pack.
LOL at Day 9. I watched his stream the other day and I think he is insuferable. I was genuinely surprised because I don't remember him being so obnoxious when streaming Starcraft stuff, but god, he got on my nerves fast for some reason, so it was actually hilarious to see him fail so hard.

That the video you were telling me about Alucard? Wow.
So jealous of tbat pack.
LOL at Day 9. I watched his stream the other day and I think he is insuferable. I was genuinely surprised because I don't remember him being so obnoxious when streaming Starcraft stuff, but god, he got on my nerves fast for some reason, so it was actually hilarious to see him fail so hard.

A 1 in 16,000,000 chance.

IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! NEIN!!!

johnsmith

remember me
Is anybody having positioning shenanigans? It's just suddenly switching the positioning of my minions as soon as I lay them down and it's really fucking me over.

I believe I have now officially lost to every single hunter I have ever run into in online and now even a couple practice matches.... Paladin is a ton of fun to use, but those hunters slaughter me every time.

Rockyrock

I believe I have now officially lost to every single hunter I have ever run into in online and now even a couple practice matches.... Paladin is a ton of fun to use, but those hunters slaughter me every time.

Paladin is incredibly weak vs hunter because of their leader power

What a terrible day this was. Fell from r13 to r18. There goes my "Legend" title... too many Priests and Mages and bad luck with the RNG. One of these days where you want to punch a dev.

Going to bed now. Bet I'm gonna dream about Mages and Priests wiping their ass with golden Legendaries.

johnsmith

remember me
Yep. Yesterday my dudes were moving around. Pissee me off.

Reading online it may be caused by playing stuff too soon. So gonna slow down in how fast I lay stuff down to see if that helps.

Seriously, wtf is going on. I haven't played a hunter all night, but just got owned by the luckiest priest on earth.

zoukka

You get a special card back immediately that you can use and everyone you play will know you made it to legendary, even in casual mode (assuming you toggle it on).

I saw the legendary card back yesterday and I honestly think the normal card back looks better :b

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So how should I be playing a warrior?

I feel like early game I am just way too slow getting anything out, especially vs mages.

Simple. Don't play the class until you get Armorsmith, Shield Slam, and Frothing Berserkers. =P

Raxus

Simple. Don't play the class until you get Armorsmith, Shield Slam, and Frothing Berserkers. =P

You need more than that to have a competent warrior.

Warrior and Druid in the current meta are great but they both have the most expensive decks to make.

FStop7

Banned
3 divine shields on the board. Played Blood Knight. 12 damage + 2 boost from Dark Iron Dwarf battlecry + 4 more from Soulfire. Immediately followed up by a Dark Iron + Doomguard combo for 9 more and the win. 27 damage across turns 5 and 6.

Wow. Got this game today, already put in like 4 hours. And it's finals week. It's just so incredibly addicting!

I've played like 5 games online and lost every one.

EDIT: Finally won, feels good man

Opponent had 3 HP and I had mortal strike in my hand for lethal next turn. Draw shield block at my turn so I figure why not play it. Draw kor'kron elite, and use that to kill him instead.

Making him think I topdecked the lethal was probably the douchiest thing I've ever done in my life, but it feels oh so good.

Nome

Fuckkkk.
zO2UYO5.jpg

SteveWD40

Getting a loss due to a disconnect, in arena (when you might have paid money), this is bullshit right?

I have noticed a new kind of disconnect on iPad as well, where the game just sits there, no turn change, you emote as if you are thinking but nothing happens. Had to quit the app, when I came back: "lol loss due to disconnect".

KeRaSh

Got my first 12 win run in Arena yesterday. Finished 12/2. I didn't even think the deck was that great.
Got 305 Gold, a golden Silence and 20 Dust from the pack.
I'm getting pretty consistent in Arena lately. Out of the last 5 runs I only finished with less than 7 wins once and that was a 6/3 run.
I also obliterated a legendary control Warrior player with a Windfury Shaman deck that I just threw together for fun. Boy did that feel good.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm sure I'll grow tired of it or run into pay-to-proceed frustrations, but I spent so much time playing this over the weekend.

Dealing a winning blow with 1 health left...that's when it really clicked with me. The typical Blizzard/WoW charm helps a lot too.

Copenap

I'm sure I'll grow tired of it or run into pay-to-proceed frustrations, but I spent so much time playing this over the weekend.
There are of course decks you are going to run into that would require you to spend quite some money or grind for a very long time in order to build but it is a CCG after all so that's nothing new. There are however lots of competitively viable decks that require very little dust to craft so blaming losses on p2w is just a very lazy, though quite popular among new players, excuse.

zoukka

There really is no reason to spend real money if you are a hardcore gamer that likes to grind games like diablo. I have only spent money for one arena to get the promo card and have been infinite arena runs since. Sometimes I reach over 1k gold and just splooge it on packs.

Every 1600 dust you get one legendary in addition to the RNG ones. Really satisfying progress system imo.

The Game

Got another 12 arena run with shaman, deck was just perfect I dont think i ever build such great deck with great spell support and bloodlust, just kept board control and finish them with bloodlust, lost 2 games after 10-0 real shame as first 10 games where super easy.
lrBD2yH.png

jXEOvEX.png

EobEJV5.png

Minsc

Gold Member
Looks like iOS has been a good match as expected for Hearthstone, continually climbing the Top Grossing charts up to #9 currently in the US. Biggest hurdle will keeping new content coming at a steady enough pace, as that will spike it higher, and it probably even has a chance of reaching #1 with the release of new content like an expansion or the PVE modes.

Looks like iOS has been a good match as expected for Hearthstone, continually climbing the Top Grossing charts up to #9 currently in the US. Biggest hurdle will keeping new content coming at a steady enough pace, as that will spike it higher, and it probably even has a chance of reaching #1 with the release of new content like an expansion or the PVE modes.

Yup, I'm really looking forward to see if Bliz can keep pumping out content consistently. Not sure how long more casual players will keep playing if they continue their policy of "it's done when it's done."

is there any reason to play ranked vs casual after hitting rank 20? Seems like casual has more different decks types being used, and i think all quests and stuff can be done in casual right?

Cheech

Can someone please explain the arena/promo card thing? I played arena for the first time, and got no bonus. Was it because it was my first, "free" time?

I can't get away from using a Mage. It seems like the other decks are too weak to reliably win with, but I still haven't fully unlocked anyone else. I get blown out by shamans and hunters unless I'm using a Mage.

Fantastic game, BTW. Almost makes me wish I still played WoW.

Almost.

huh got played like a motherfucker from a mage, who stalled my warlock until he was down to 2 health and used that secret to prevent fatal damage and took me out with that 10 magic 10 damage spell the next turn.

thats some risky deck he's running.

love it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom