• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word when this is supposed to come out on Android? I have been using splashtop to stream to my Tegra 3 tablet since day one, but I would like to be able to play on the go. I need to Turn 1 - Mana Wyrm, Coin, Mirror Image while ordering a Big Mac!

1upmuffin

I actually think Heroes of the Storm would work on recent iPad's, maybe scaled down a little.

Even if it worked those players would be at a huge disadvantage though unless they only fought each other. Hearthstone is good for crossplay because no platform has an advantage.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
looks like down for maintaince?

figured this out right as I tried to matchmake in arena and the game crashed. Haha, hope that isn't a loss, though would balance out the RNGesus luck

and of course it's while I'm waiting at home for a contractor to show up and can actually play between work e-mails!

No mention of maintenance anywhere on the client. Had a loss in Arena as my opponent took turns while I watched. Played cards but the mana was spent but that was all that happened. Saddening.

1upmuffin

No mention of maintenance anywhere on the client. Had a loss in Arena as my opponent took turns while I watched. Played cards but the mana was spent but that was all that happened. Saddening.

My battle.net client says scheduled maintenance from 10AM PDT to 12PM PDT.

LaneDS

looks like down for maintaince?

figured this out right as I tried to matchmake in arena and the game crashed. Haha, hope that isn't a loss, though would balance out the RNGesus luck

and of course it's while I'm waiting at home for a contractor to show up and can actually play between work e-mails!

I was disconnected in arena due to maintenance once before and didn't eat a loss, so hopefully that'll hold true still.

Phreaker

Thanks a ton for the explanation. I've avoided the arena because it sounded like a poor value compared to simply spending gold on packs, but it sounds pretty compelling.

Actually it's the opposite if you can win at least a few matches. 50g and the minimum of 1 pack as a reward makes it break-even. Anything better then that and you're ahead.

FStop7

Banned
If my math is correct, the odds of getting a pack like that are 1 in 16,000,000.

He really should've bought a lottery ticket instead!

They seem to stack packs in a way where you often get multiple legendaries. I got golden Tink + Nat Pagle out of the same pack. And I believe there was another pack I opened that had a legendary + 2 epics and a rare.

iNvid02

so i started playing this a couple of weeks ago, and it really grabs you. did not think i would really get into a F2P game (let alone a CCG and throw money at it) but here we are.

so i started playing this a couple of weeks ago, and it really grabs you. did not think i would really get into a F2P game (let alone a CCG and throw money at it) but here we are.

If there is anything Blizzard gets right, it's presentation. Just look at any of their games right now, they know how to show themselves off.

iNvid02

If there is anything Blizzard gets right, it's presentation. Just look at any of their games right now, they know how to show themselves off.

yeah i think the presentation and simplicity, as well as being able to play in short bursts went a long way in reeling me in.

i saw patrick's tweet and laughed because i had the exact same reaction

G0soOBm.png

It's such a bummer when you play someone who even though they have 10 mana, only play 1 card or so and hero ability per turn... while you are just bracing yourself for 'Exodia', then he just forfeits. You feel underwhelmed and is still left curious with what ultimate strategy he was up to that failed.

kinda wish the game had replay tools, i wanna see all cards played both sides' decks.

megalowho

Had maybe my most satisfying match yet last night, as a Druid vs. a Mage at rank 14. We went back and forth for 10+ turns trading minions and blows until I'd whittled them under 10 and kept myself above 25 with a decent amount of armor. Neither of us had a lot of cards in our hands, was down to the luck of the draw for both of us.

Suddenly, they started playing legendary after legendary on a cleared board - Cairne Bloodhoof, Ysera, Ragnaros. I don't mind a few in a deck but couldn't help but feel I was headed towards a cheap death after playing really well throughout. My Druid got nuked but wasn't out - was able to heal and armor up a bit but still no minions, had to rely on hero damage and took the Mage down to 4 health. Out comes a Faceless Manipulator, which turns into a second Ragnaros - got worked down to 1 health as they spammed sorry/well played.

One draw left in the match for me, 1-4, facing 4 legendaries with zero minions.. and into my empty hand comes a Swipe card. 4 damage to the Mage, thanks, game over, my first and last game of the night. Felt so good.

Windam

Scaley member
I suck horribly at this game. My one win was someone auto-conceding defeat at the beginning of the game. I want my WoW mount. :'(

idk, people say legendaries aren't that great, but yeah, some of them can fuck you up quite good... although someone did try to finish me off with leeroy and an army, but then realized his math didn't add up and forfeited lol

Windam

Scaley member
I JUST BEAT SOMEONE!! :D 2/3 wins. One more for me WoW steed
and then I can uninstall this game because I'll go mad/bald if I keep playing
! :'D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rofl. It's funny when two control decks can't seem to put any damage to the opponent's face, and there's no minions on the board around the time both players are receiving fatigue damage. I was playing my Divine Shield Paladin against a Priest and I literally won because I had 4 Silver Hand Recruits so his heal power wasn't good enough.

kinda crazy that the release of the ipad version seems to be the key that got many of the gaming press dudes i follow on twitter to jump in.

think im gonna try to make a pally deck of sorts, but i feel like their big money makers are quite dusty :S

idk, people say legendaries aren't that great, but yeah, some of them can fuck you up quite good... although someone did try to finish me off with leeroy and an army, but then realized his math didn't add up and forfeited lol

their individual card quality is often higher than similar cards. for example thalnos is a better 2 drop than kobold because he's spell power *and* card draw which more than makes up for the lower stats. but putting him in a deck doesn't automatically make the deck better. he's actually terrible to drop on turn 2. so he's only good in decks with a lot of cheap spells.

leeroy is a great finisher because 6 damage for 4 mana is amazing in a neutral card. but he is easily defeated by taunts. and you have to get your opponent within lethal range, anyway.

I think people get too hung up on the rarity of legendary cards. they give you more unique ways to build a deck but they're not necessarily better ways just different. they're not automatic win cards. it's just that people who have a lot of them are often the most experienced players.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
"There was an error starting your game, please try again in a few minutes"

Anyone on eu unable to start a game?

Doomshine

I've been kicked out like 5 times today and when I finally managed to log in I got disconnected from a casual game.

Even playing against the AI is moving really slow.

their individual card quality is often higher than similar cards. for example thalnos is a better 2 drop than kobold because he's spell power *and* card draw which more than makes up for the lower stats. but putting him in a deck doesn't automatically make the deck better. he's actually terrible to drop on turn 2. so he's only good in decks with a lot of cheap spells.

leeroy is a great finisher because 6 damage for 4 mana is amazing in a neutral card. but he is easily defeated by taunts. and you have to get your opponent within lethal range, anyway.

I think people get too hung up on the rarity of legendary cards. they give you more unique ways to build a deck but they're not necessarily better ways just different. they're not automatic win cards. it's just that people who have a lot of them are often the most experienced players.

wish there was a way to rematch someone. It's quite hard to predict decks, especially ones that seem to be rolling with free cards... than bammo, catch you off guard.

Weird there isn't an option for best 2 out of 3 or something.

Lost three matches in a row because of server issues. First two times I couldn't take any turns, then the third the other guy just sat there idling but his turn never ended.

Roshin

It's been messed up all evening for me (EU). I've managed to get into two games, but was booted out due to severe lag. The launcher says there are currently latency and disconnection problems due to technical issues and that they're working on it.

I was playing as a Warrior against a Warlock. I had 2 Armor, 1 Health. I have a Sen'jin, Yeti, Shattered Sun Cleric, and Damaged Golem out. The Warlock has 7 Health and only a Blood Imp out. He calls in Lord Jaraxxus and his health changes to 15. With the minions on the board, I only had a total of 12 damage. Looks like trouble! But on my next turn I brought in a Stormwind Champion and smashed Jaraxxus in the face with my buffed minions. Wish I had remembered to take a screenshot.
/feelsgoodman

dk_

The game is broken on EU right now. Even practice mode (wut) has massive lag. Can't get into a normal game.

Volimar

Whew, gotta love that RNG. Both of us had a Rag out. He had 4 life, I had 3. He had 3 creatures out and by sheer luck of the gods Ragnaros targetted the player and I won. Now I'm sitting at 13, a personal best.

FStop7

Banned
Thought it would be amusing to go full retard and slam together a deck consisting mostly of oranges, purples, or golds with no actual consideration of how the cards will interact.

jbuyqg0yc46qQj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom