• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
Fairly sure I saw Reynad getting the same card he mulliganed back yesterday, he even commented on it specifically.

Yes, I believe it is happening and perhaps even widespread now. I'm just glad I can put it behind me. It never occurred to me it may just be a bug, and not working as intended.

Of course, that will make games you lose where you got back the same cards you mulliganed that much worse, knowing now that you should have not had that happen, and it is indeed a bug yet to be fixed.

Wisp vs Stonetusk Boar vs Eye for an Eye are my current choices for Arena. I mean, damn. I can't decide if Boar beats out Eye for an Eye. I think the surprise factor of Eye for an Eye may be enough to make me want to try it, just for the lols.

Nothing like fighting a guy with 4 legendarys. Get spanked by a blood hoof being reborn b2b tirion b2b armign the guy with a sword + being reborn with a divine sheild+1 hp then a yesera the next turn.

Bizazedo

So since discussion seems to slowly turn towards how to deal with Hunter, what do people think of buffing the mana cost of Kill Command from 3 to 4 or 5?

Honestly, in a lot of the games I have versus Hunter, that seems to be what finishes me off and prevents their next turn deaths.

KeRaSh

So since discussion seems to slowly turn towards how to deal with Hunter, what do people think of buffing the mana cost of Kill Command from 3 to 4 or 5?

Honestly, in a lot of the games I have versus Hunter, that seems to be what finishes me off and prevents their next turn deaths.

I don't think Kill Command should be changed. 3 or 5 damage for 3 mana seems pretty fair if you compare it to spells from other classes.

Bizazedo

I don't think Kill Command should be changed. 3 or 5 damage for 3 mana seems pretty fair if you compare it to spells from other classes.

I dunno. It's almost always 3 for 5 and aside from the Mage and Warlock Soulfire, I can't think of anyone else who gets that good a ratio except for the Priest 2 for 5....and that's against Heroes only.

3 for 5 is actually even a slightly better damage to mana ratio than Fireball (slightly).

I know the drawback is that it can't do it without a beast on the board, but that drawback doesn't seem to matter really for Hunters.

Soulfire, granted, is the absolute best mana to damage, but the drawback is a real one.

I dunno, it's probably fine and I'm probably wrong. Just trying to think of a way to get through the current Hunter meta without playing one and thinking of the reasons I fall to them.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The biggest thing about UTH is the card draw. Hyena would still benefit from the hounds as well. I'm afraid no single card can be even designed to counter hunters as they are right now. As much as I don't like nerfing good card synergies, there aren't many workarounds UTH other than nerfing it or buzzard.

Maybe making buzzard deal one damage per card draw to you would ease the situation a little bit. I know pain-draw doesn't work in HS as well as it does in other TCG games, but it would be a nerf that wouldn't change Hunter completely. It would just make Buzzard-UTH combo not 100% risk free as it is right now.

Well, if you have the reverse knife juggler I suggested, putting the crow down basically becomes impossible. It'd get killed the moment you try to play it. As would any timber wolf.

It's really not that different from Ice Lance. Both spells require another card/effect to be fully utilized.

It's way easier to get 5 damage from Kill Command than it is to get the extra damage from Ice Lane.

isny

napkin dispenser
I tend to always win against hunter with my druid deck. I actually look forward to hunter decks knowing I can almost always faceroll them.

KeRaSh

I dunno. It's almost always 3 for 5 and aside from the Mage and Warlock Soulfire, I can't think of anyone else who gets that good a ratio except for the Priest 2 for 5....and that's against Heroes only.

3 for 5 is actually even a slightly better damage to mana ratio than Fireball (slightly).

I know the drawback is that it can't do it without a beast on the board, but that drawback doesn't seem to matter really for Hunters.

Soulfire, granted, is the absolute best mana to damage, but the drawback is a real one.

I dunno, it's probably fine and I'm probably wrong. Just trying to think of a way to get through the current Hunter meta without playing one and thinking of the reasons I fall to them.

I wouldn't say anyone is right or wrong when discussing something like this.
While double Kill Command sucks I'd say the way Hunters got you to 10ish health is worse than getting finished by that spell.
I played some Hunter today for the 60g / 5 wins quest and I won 5 out of 6 games.

Cards that won me these games were:

- 1 x Kill Command (nout double)
- 2 x smart / lucky play of various traps + Eagle Eye Bow
- 1 x UTH
- 1 x Leeroy

I'd say that's a pretty fair spread. It's definitely not as bad as getting wrecked by Force of Nature + Savage Roar every other Druid game...

To be honest the only thing that I would change for Hunters is up the cost of UTH to 3.
4 is definitely too much while 2 is too easy to abuse with other 2 drops.

Bizazedo

Double Kill Command is never what drops me, though. I don't think I've ever seen a Hunter do a double Kill Command, honestly.

It's a sequence (or variation of) buzzard, unleash the hounds, timber wolf, Hero Power, Kill Command for the finisher. Or something akin to it. It's not the spell itself that I even object to, it's how well the synergy works that makes it the deathblow.

If I had to avoid falling to just 10 life it'd be no biggie :).

sibarraz

Banned
Is there a tier list of heroes? I'm playing with paladin and mage, and feel that are decent characters, but some heroes like hunter could wreck me easily

Also, when we will receive the pandaria back cards?

Terra

Come this months pay, I am seriously thinking of buying a 40 pack of cards. I am not looking to spend anymore money after that.

I look at it as paying for a game once. Is that realistic? Or should I play a little more to unlock more characters?

Kosma

Banned
Come this months pay, I am seriously thinking of buying a 40 pack of cards. I am not looking to spend anymore money after that.

I look at it as paying for a game once. Is that realistic? Or should I play a little more to unlock more characters?

spending cash before you unlock everything seems silly.

Half the fun of opening new packs is hoping you will get that one card, at this stage you dont know the game yet.

Also there will be expansions with new cards.

Have you unlocked all classes and their basic cards (leveled up each class to 10)? I'd do that first and play a couple of rounds in ranked. If you want to go ahead and build a good deck from the start, then spending $40 right away isn't a bad idea. There's also a PVE expansion coming that will offer new cards, but might require real money or in game gold to access.

johnsmith

remember me

You should probably unlock all the classes and level them all to 10 to unlock all the basic cards before dropping real money on it. You'll get a ton of gold for it too.

Kosma

Banned
Holy fuck, but how will it work to your advantage?

W2fvLos.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Use force of nature.

Swing to the face.

Use that.

Boom, your three treants now stick around.

Combo with UTH to clear the board.

Actually, they wouldn't have charge so you wouldn't be able to crash them immediately. At least equalize the board I guess.

That'll also be nice for removing really scary threats and replacing them with a 2/2 as well.

Some decks work by pushing all their hand out early for a big minion, then you just play that and watch them cry.

Edit:
It says all minions, so I'd say it work nicely to fuck zoowarlock
It'll just give them all 2/2s though.

Double Edit: Where did you find that by the way?

Rockyrock

Combo with UTH to clear the board.

Actually, they wouldn't have charge so you wouldn't be able to crash them immediately. At least equalize the board I guess.

Its a Druid class card

This card is kind of like an AOE version of hex/poly. Should be good vs Legendary hunters, not that great vs zoo.

Haly

It's more like Hellfire, honestly. Symmetrical board wipe. The idea time to play it is when you have numerical superiority or against single fatties with an empty or near empty board.

Its a Druid class card

This card is kind of like an AOE version of hex/poly. Should be good vs Legendary hunters, not that great vs zoo.

Oh, my mistake then. Maybe Thalnos + Swipe for a board clear then? Would cost a full 10 without Innervate though. Starfall could work too.

Druid arena run with 3 innervates and Cairne.

Turn 1: Coin, innervate, innervate, Cairne, ggs.

I also have black knight, both ancients, and swipe.

Haly

Normal treants seem to default to 2/2 so that becomes Druid's "thing".

Haly

Warriors should get it when they kill their first minion with Gorehowl.

Zeroth

With the increase in deathrattle minions, not sure if the card will be as glorious as it seems like. It's not even a hard removal ala hex or sheep, since you are merely killing the minions, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

llamarawk

the Naxx expansion is, in typical blizz fashion, not announced with a date right? When do you guys think its coming?

edit: and any predictions for the gold/dollar cost?

Bizazedo

Warriors should get it when they kill their first minion with Gorehowl.

I want Siege of Orgrimmar quotes.

"MY WORLD!"

...I am a Garrosh / Warrior fanboy, though.

With the increase in deathrattle minions, not sure if the card will be as glorious as it seems like. It's not even a hard removal ala hex or sheep, since you are merely killing the minions, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Friend of mine was wondering what happens first in regards to Rivendare, the death, or Baron Rivendare effect. We're thinking Baron dies before his effect kicks in due to that card where if another friendly minion dies, you draw a card. I forget the name, but if it gets hit with an AE and dies when everything else dies, you draw no cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom