• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP17

Playing warrior for the first time and beat my previous 3 arena attempts by getting 6 wins.

5-1-5-6 have been my records so far, this was the only time I really profited in terms of gold though.

Did anybody see Hamaz's stream this morning when he played against this weird Miracle Mage? He got hit for 28 damage in one shot at 10 mana - essentially, this is what happened:

Sorcerer's Apprentice (8 mana left)
Sorcerer's Apprentice (6 mana left)
Kobold (4 mana left)
Fireball (2 mana left, 21 HP left)
Fireball (0 mana left, 14 HP left)
Frostbolt (0 mana, 10 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 5 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 0 HP left)

The rest of the game was stalling and draws. I wonder how viable this is... You essentially need these exact 8 cards to pull it off, and the entire game the dude was sitting at 10 cards, playing one every turn to cycle his cards and to stall.

If you go first and go to 10 mana, you've essentially drawn 14 cards from your deck, which is half of it. For the rest of the cards, you go all out card draw/stall and you're golden... I figure it's a deck something like this:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:2;276:2;280:2;435:2;479:2;489:2;522:2;525:1;

What do you guys think?

I play a mage deck not exactly like this but similar enough. I have very few creature type cards outside of ones that power my spells.lower cost and can usually win by controlling the board then blowing people away.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I got two more legendaries and, well... they're the class specifics for the Mage and Priest and from what I can see they aren't even that good to begin with...

So now I got Illidan, Velen and Antonidas. Next legendary I get will probably be something like Pagle or Manastorm at this rate...

Avinexus

I got two more legendaries and, well... they're the class specifics for the Mage and Priest and from what I can see they aren't even that good to begin with...

So now I got Illidan, Velen and Antonidas. Next legendary I get will probably be something like Pagle or Manastorm at this rate...

Antonidas is in most mage decks currently. It's a healthy body at 5/7 with insane upside if they can't take it out instantly. Velen is mainly used for fun or shadow priest decks.

Can you trade or sell cards? If so, I might get into this.

Except I already am. :c Just started, built a rouge deck, won my first 9 or so matches, then played a Mage and got trounced. Really fun, and the matches don't take days.

Also a lot cheaper than Magic Online. I like paper Magic a little better still, but... I can see this being a new addiction.

ShinNL

Speaking of the devil... lol.

I was like, I haven't played that deck in a while. Let's do one before I sleep. This happens:

Just watch the image for a few seconds and notice what's unusual about it :)

And that's against the best possible opening of a Warrior: T2 = Fiery War Axe, T3 = Frothing Berserker.

ZZMitch

Can you trade or sell cards? If so, I might get into this.

Except I already am. :c Just started, built a rouge deck, won my first 9 or so matches, then played a Mage and got trounced. Really fun, and the matches don't take days.

Also a lot cheaper than Magic Online. I like paper Magic a little better still, but... I can see this being a new addiction.

No card trading or selling to other players.

johnsmith

remember me
1-3 arena run. God I hate this damn game. I drafted an amazing deck but every fucking play I made got countered perfectly.

And what do I get in my pack? 5 shitty commons and a shitty rare.

You know what kind of golden cards I get? Golden Kidnapper. And I've only gotten 2 legendaries, and they were both malfurion. Seriously, fuck this game.

1-3 arena run. God I hate this damn game. I drafted an amazing deck but every fucking play I made got countered perfectly.

You know what kind of golden cards I get? Golden Kidnapper. And I've only gotten 2 legendaries, and they were both malfurion. Seriously, fuck this game.

I felt the same way with the deck I drafted, only went 2-3.

However, this is the 2nd time this week where I've gone 2-3 and got a Legendary. First was a Sylvanas, and now just today I got a Leeeroy :D

The Arena can be so frustrating. I stopped playing the Arena and just started buying boosters with every 100G I get. I average about 3 wins, and doing Arena only gets me like 3 to 4 boosters a week, but by switching to boosters, I can get 1 every day.

Also, for some reason, ever since I made the switch to buying straight boosters, I've been noticing a lot better card pulls...

Tregard

Soothsayer
I've come to the conclusion that the Dalaran Mage has the most annoying audio cues.

"I am the mmmaster of mmMAGICS!" is so goddamn whiny.

Haines

Banned
Arena isn't that hard.... I usually get 2-3 wins at least and I'm new/suck. It does piss me off when I rush and make a stupid mistake.

sibarraz

Banned
Trying to win 5 matches with hunter to get the 60 gold, but trump basic deck suck at level 20

What should I use??

Besides the level 10 cards I had one copy of that card the creates one wolver for every oponnent

I got grommash as my first legendary pull from a pack but I DE'd it for other cards. Now I just got a new grommash.

Also weird is that I never knew that if you hover over the card before flipping it, you can preview whether it has a gold/yellow glow or not. And the first time I decided to do that I got a legendary card. Hah.

Own 12 legendary cards total now.

Cystm

People heard about a new mage deck and so now everyone is copy and pasting it and failing so laughably hard.

At least the amount of Hunters has been cut down.

Haines

Banned
Trying to win 5 matches with hunter to get the 60 gold, but trump basic deck suck at level 20

What should I use??

Besides the level 10 cards I had one copy of that card the creates one wolver for every oponnent

Just tweak the basic deck with better cards you've scored

Haines

Banned
I got grommash as my first legendary pull from a pack but I DE'd it for other cards. Now I just got a new grommash.

Also weird is that I never knew that if you hover over the card before flipping it, you can preview whether it has a gold/yellow glow or not. And the first time I decided to do that I got a legendary card. Hah.

Own 12 legendary cards total now.

I wish iPad had the hover feature somehow.

soldat7

So I Fireballed myself in the face for 8 damage (I was trying to cancel it, stupid iPad.) I stuck it out until we were each down to 2 health. My opponent had no cards in his hand, so he used Life Tap.

Moral of the story: Never give up!

I think the only thing I don't like about this game is how minions turn into little tokens when you put them down instead of you just putting down the cards themselves.

Bugs me for some reason, though I know it shouldn't.

zoukka

I wish iPad had the hover feature somehow.

It does have it...

The gods of arena blessed me with yet another 12 run.

RkXdKIe.jpg

5qM1GIc.jpg

LFdOsCN

Some funzies were had :D

ZZMitch

I've never gotten less than 3 wins in arena. The first few games are always pretty easy wins for me for some reason. I am just good in draft settings I think.

blackflag

Awwww yeah got a golden captain greenskin from my arena reward pack. Makes up for the terrible arena runs I've had the last couple days.

KeRaSh

I've never gotten less than 3 wins in arena. The first few games are always pretty easy wins for me for some reason. I am just good in draft settings I think.

That means you are either extremely lucky or you haven't played enough matches.
A few days ago Hafu discussed this with Amaz on stream. Hafu played over 500 arena runs post 12 wins patch and even she gets some unlucky drafts where she goes 1/3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
man, druid I lost to at 8 wins (who slaughtered me), I just slaughtered for my 10th win.

nervous to matchmake again as he has a great deck

went 10-3 with this deck. All three losses were due to getting out tempoed. If I had spells early and i could get to the late game I'd win easily.
http://www.arenavalue.com/s/Gu2Q2i

scy

That means you are either extremely lucky or you haven't played enough matches.
A few days ago Hafu discussed this with Amaz on stream. Hafu played over 500 arena runs post 12 wins patch and even she gets some unlucky drafts where she goes 1/3.

Just to add, these runs make up maybe 1% of her total runs. Maybe slightly more but it's still a fairly rare thing.

running 2 blademasters and 2 ancestral healings in my shaman deck permanently now, replacing my knife jugglers and defenders. It's actually much better than in a priest deck because of the taunt in just about every matchup, and healing totem as a plan B isn't as shit as I first assumed because priest needs to constantly spend mana to heal it, while for shaman if you got the healing totem on turn 2 you're set, and I'm usually getting a totem on turn 4 so it's not a big deal if I got something else on turn 2.

Thinking of replacing my one mana tide totem now too. I'm rarely running out of cards and even though it's nice that it sometimes attracts removal, there's usually better things to use mana for on turn 3 or 5 and if I play it in the late game it'll usually die to board clears anyways. It takes too long to see value, unlike cards like gadgetzan or buzzard draw combos.

Myomoto

Disgusting. Garrosh is literally the worst character introduced in WoW.

Garrosh is literally the one good character in modern WoW lore, so tired of this 'baww I'm sad, now I'll become crazy and be the raid boss for the next expansion!" and Green Jesus bullcrap.

Garrosh is literally the one good character in modern WoW lore, so tired of this 'baww I'm sad, now I'll become crazy and be the raid boss for the next expansion!" and Green Jesus bullcrap.

Yes, Garrosh reminds me of Joffrey in Game of Thrones. He's just so evil that you can't help but like him as an antagonist. It's a welcome change from classic characters going insane and dying per every expansion.

dem0neyes

The more and more i play arena over constructed the more fun i actually find myself having with this game again. Once i got a good understanding of how to draft better, arena is just hands down more fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom