• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That spell has to be a class card since they don't have neutral spells. It looks okay I guess. Could be combo'd with some aoe's to be sorta like equality but much much later usable in the match up. I could see some druids using it with soul of the forest to quickly make a lot of tokens to then savage roar the next turn.

It is actually the only destroy all minions besides twisting nether (and I guess deathwing to some extent). I wouldn't call it a aoe hex/poly since it destroys and then summons, as opposed to transforming.

I don't think it'll help too much vs zoo since 4 mana is too high for it to combo with any of their other aoe spells, but I guess 2/2s could be much better than what they had prior, just not enough to really call this anti-zoo.

ShinNL

Holy fuck, but how will it work to your advantage?

W2fvLos.jpg
Wow, this card is cool. It's well designed. It also gives Druid an equality-like hard clear in combination with Starfall, or Kobolt/Bloodmage + Swipe. 9 or 10 mana full clear. Pretty fair IMO.

As for drawing the same card with a mulligan: I've been playing with 1 gold 1 normal in a lot of my decks so I know I've been getting the same card back quite often. It's also makes it a lot easier to track what cards you've been using. Try it sometime.

Barrage

Card also makes Consecration a board clear, while still keeping your side. An interesting alternative to Equal/Consecration, as you get 2/2s instead of X/1's (but it is more expensive).

Jrmint

Have they said whether all the new Naxxramas cards will be available through the single player or if we'll have to craft/get from packs in addition to the unlocked ones?

If not could someone ask on Twitter?

PranooY

Fellas, is there any way I can keep my card collection when I switch regions?
I had selected Asia and have been playing for a 2 weeks and had purchased some packs too. Now when I try to switch regions (mainly because my friends had chosen European region), it starts all over again from tutorial. :(

P.S: sorry for this noob question. This is my first CCG. :(

Raxus

Oh my god, Poison seeds? My druid is ecstatic at the idea.

Abom (?), Starfall, Swipe and spell damage minions.

Hell it even paves the way for rush druids a tad bit since you can have tons of interesting combos with the card.

Soul of the Forest, Claw, Savage Roar.

Mmmm. Such hard removal, so wow.

Minsc

Gold Member
Have they said whether all the new Naxxramas cards will be available through the single player or if we'll have to craft/get from packs in addition to the unlocked ones?

If not could someone ask on Twitter?

All 30 cards are solely obtainable through the single player content, they will not be craftable or show up in expert packs, however they will show up in arena picks for drafting a deck as the RNG permits.

I had selected Asia and have been playing for a 2 weeks and had purchased some packs too. Now when I try to switch regions (mainly because my friends had chosen European region), it starts all over again from tutorial. :(

Nope, the cards are unique to the region they are obtained in.

bjaelke

No. Your collection and progress is locked to each region.

Haunted

I wonder if you buy the new adventure mode wings once and can play them whenever, or if you have to buy a ticket for every run, like in Arena.

PranooY

No. Your collection and progress is locked to each region.

Crap. I've been collecting all these cards with the main aim of having some matches with my friends (since they had started a month ago- i needed a strong deck). I just spent 20$ about 3 hrs ago for packs. Wouldn't have done that if I knew this.

Nothing I could do now. Will keep playing these casual and ranked matches available.

TimeKillr

Did anybody see Hamaz's stream this morning when he played against this weird Miracle Mage? He got hit for 28 damage in one shot at 10 mana - essentially, this is what happened:

Sorcerer's Apprentice (8 mana left)
Sorcerer's Apprentice (6 mana left)
Kobold (4 mana left)
Fireball (2 mana left, 21 HP left)
Fireball (0 mana left, 14 HP left)
Frostbolt (0 mana, 10 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 5 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 0 HP left)

The rest of the game was stalling and draws. I wonder how viable this is... You essentially need these exact 8 cards to pull it off, and the entire game the dude was sitting at 10 cards, playing one every turn to cycle his cards and to stall.

If you go first and go to 10 mana, you've essentially drawn 14 cards from your deck, which is half of it. For the rest of the cards, you go all out card draw/stall and you're golden... I figure it's a deck something like this:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:2;276:2;280:2;435:2;479:2;489:2;522:2;525:1;

What do you guys think?

Q8D3vil

Did anybody see Hamaz's stream this morning when he played against this weird Miracle Mage? He got hit for 28 damage in one shot at 10 mana - essentially, this is what happened:

Sorcerer's Apprentice (8 mana left)
Sorcerer's Apprentice (6 mana left)
Kobold (4 mana left)
Fireball (2 mana left, 21 HP left)
Fireball (0 mana left, 14 HP left)
Frostbolt (0 mana, 10 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 5 HP left)
Ice Lance (0 mana, 0 HP left)

The rest of the game was stalling and draws. I wonder how viable this is... You essentially need these exact 8 cards to pull it off, and the entire game the dude was sitting at 10 cards, playing one every turn to cycle his cards and to stall.

If you go first and go to 10 mana, you've essentially drawn 14 cards from your deck, which is half of it. For the rest of the cards, you go all out card draw/stall and you're golden... I figure it's a deck something like this:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...:2;276:2;280:2;435:2;479:2;489:2;522:2;525:1;

What do you guys think?
Lost to this style twice as priest, too much burst for me to heal, even board control mean nothing when he is just hitting you in the face while stalling with mirror image and water elemental.

cackhyena

I keep getting mopped up in regular play. Should I just keep leveling dudes and playing the AI on hard to get more experience and better cards before bothering with real people?

I keep getting mopped up in regular play. Should I just keep leveling dudes and playing the AI on hard to get more experience and better cards before bothering with real people?

Get all the classes to 10 (or just your favorite ones) to unlock all their basic cards, then go back to ranked and experiment with building different decks.

PranooY

Try a lot of casual matches (earn cards by leveling up the character), before you try rank matches.

Build a kick-ass deck before starting ranked matches.

cackhyena

Thanks, all. I haven't even tried ranked yet. I've won I think two out of the six matches I've played in casual. I have a few kinda rare cards from wins. It feels like my luck is just mostly shitty with draws a lot. I get so many 4,5,6, and 7 mana cards a lot of the time to start with. Sometimes I don't get to put a card on the table till the third round. It's not for lack of having lower mana cards in my deck, either. My first card game, so I knew it would be rough, but fuck if I'm not hopelessly addicted.

ultron87

If you want to get better at the actual playing part I'd suggest looking up a basic deck online for a class (here are Trumps), building that, and playing a bunch of rounds of Constructed with it. Playing with a less than great deck can make learning really tough.

Arena is probably not the best place to go since you then need to be good at both evaluating cards and playing them.

PranooY

Thanks, all. I haven't even tried ranked yet. I've won I think two out of the six matches I've played in casual. I have a few kinda rare cards from wins. It feels like my luck is just mostly shitty with draws a lot. I get so many 4,5,6, and 7 mana cards a lot of the time to start with. Sometimes I don't get to put a card on the table till the third round. It's not for lack of having lower mana cards in my deck, either. My first card game, so I knew it would be rough, but fuck if I'm not hopelessly addicted.

You could cancel those first draw high mana cards by clicking on them. The game will automatically exchange it with other cards in the deck.

Besides 2 out of 6 is not bad in the beginning, especially considering you are new to CCG.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hi guys,

Been getting into this a lot recently, though I've avoided netdecking and reading much about strategy so I have a decent but not optimized deck. If you know me on here please add.

NA
AstroLad#1118

cackhyena

You could cancel those first draw high mana cards by clicking on them. The game will automatically exchange it with other cards in the deck.

Besides 2 out of 6 is not bad in the beginning, especially considering you are new to CCG.
Just one at the beginning, though...right?

TimeKillr

Going to try it tonight, but doesn't really seem like it'd work against rush?

It doesn't look like it but it kinda does.

You have 8 spells to take care of rush: Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Blizzard and Flamestrike. That's almost 1/3rd of your deck - the trick is knowing when to use them. By turn 7 you're bound to have a Flamestrike and a Blizzard at 6, so that's 6 damage to the entire board without any chance of them retaliating, which is pretty powerful. Someone (I don't remember who) on GAF built a alarm-o-bot + stall + legendary deck and when I was playing with it I was very successful in stalling enough that it worked.

If you go against a Hunter, you won't have enough minions on the board for the to UtH. If you go against a zoo lock they'll typically just use their hero power quite a bit so the requirements are lower (you might not even need the kobold, making it available at turn 8 instead of 10). You could also change the Arcane Explosion for Mirror Images so that it's a cheaper stall with the cheap taunts that lets you survive more and more and more.

I think the only very hard counter to this is control warrior, in which you have very low chances of winning due to overwhelming armor counts... Druid could also if they figure it out enough and use their hero power enough, I guess.

The power of this deck is that you can safely ignore all taunts and such - who cares about big taunts when all your damage bypasses everything?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Problem is drawing all that anti-aggro in the right order. You don't want a Flamestrike in your opening hand, nor do you want an Arcane explosion in your late hand. The same is true of nearly all mage secrets, which narrowly shut down one thing, instead of being generally viable like hunter secrets.

The strength Miracle Rogues comes from the fact that, aside from key combo pieces like Auctioneer, they don't really have "dead cards". A Shiv in the early game helps control the board. A Shiv in the late game triggers off of Auctioneer and filters. A mage deck like that would struggle a lot with drawing the wrong things at the wrong time, particularly Ice Lance, which needs Frostbolt or Water Elemental to combo off of.

That said, it does look fun, and by fun I mean soulcrushing for your opponent if your draws are good.

ShinNL

After disenchanting UTH so many times for dust, I finally have 2 UTHs again.

Remind me why it shouldn't be nerfed again?

Because with this deck I'm destroying sooo many people with so much ease it's just not funny.

scy

I think the only very hard counter to this is control warrior, in which you have very low chances of winning due to overwhelming armor counts... Druid could also if they figure it out enough and use their hero power enough, I guess.

Miracle Rogue would also do very well. It's very draw dependent which means it'll lose to tempo decks if it's a turn late on a card, for instance.

If you want to get better at the actual playing part I'd suggest looking up a basic deck online for a class (here are Trumps), building that, and playing a bunch of rounds of Constructed with it. Playing with a less than great deck can make learning really tough.

Arena is probably not the best place to go since you then need to be good at both evaluating cards and playing them.

I would suggest also reading what people say about cards and decks to understand why cards are chosen. Just picking them and assuming they're good isn't enough. http://www.liquidhearth.com/ usually has good articles to read.

TimeKillr

Miracle Rogue would also do very well. It's very draw dependent which means it'll lose to tempo decks if it's a turn late on a card, for instance.

True. I'll give it a shot - the only card I'm missing is Bloodmage Thalnos, so we'll see how that fares.

CoolOff

Someone (I don't remember who) on GAF built a alarm-o-bot + stall + legendary deck and when I was playing with it I was very successful in stalling enough that it worked.

I actually just finished this deck after crafting the last legendary (Hogger) and while it's not the most efficient deck, it's so much fun. Mirror Image -> coin + alarm-o-bot -> some 9-drop legendary is worth all the games when the draws don't work out.

I actually just finished this deck after crafting the last legendary (Hogger) and while it's not the most efficient deck, it's so much fun. Mirror Image -> coin + alarm-o-bot -> some 9-drop legendary is worth all the games when the draws don't work out.

Mind sharing the deck list? Sounds fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom