• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
8n4Ln.png

Said deck which got me from 25 to 15 in about a week of playing a couple of matches a day

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone goes back to rank 25?
Rank at end of season / Rank at start of new season

25 Angry Chicken / Rank 25: Angry Chicken, no stars
24 Leper Gnome / Rank 25: Angry Chicken, 1 stars
23 Argent Squire / Rank 25: Angry Chicken, 2 stars
22 Murloc Raider / Rank 24: Leper Gnome, 1 star
21 Southsea Deckhand / Rank 24: Leper Gnome, 2 stars

20 Shieldbearer / Rank 23: Argent Squire, 1 star
19 Novice Engineer / Rank 23: Argent Squire, 2 stars
18 Sorcerer's Apprentice / Rank 22: Murloc Raider, 1 star
17 Tauren Warrior / Rank 22: Murloc Raider, 2 stars
16 Questing Adventurer / Rank 21: Southsea Deckhand, 1 star

15 Silvermoon Guardian / Rank 21: Southsea Deckhand, 2 stars
14 Raid Leader / Rank 20: Shieldbearer, 1 star
13 Dread Corsair / Rank 20: Shieldbearer, 2 stars
12 Warsong Commander / Rank 20: Shieldbearer, 3 stars
11 Big Game Hunter / Rank 19: Novice Engineer, 1 star

10 Ogre Magi / Rank 19: Novice Engineer, 2 stars
9 Silver Hand Knight / Rank 19: Novice Engineer, 3 stars
8 Frostwolf Warlord / Rank 18: Sorcerer's Apprentice, 1 star
7 Sunwalker / Rank 18: Sorcerer's Apprentice, 2 stars
6 Ancient of War / Rank 18: Sorcerer's Apprentice, 3 stars

5 Sea Giant / Rank 17: Tauren Warrior, 1 star
4 Mountain Giant / Rank 17: Tauren Warrior, 2 stars
3 Molten Giant / Rank 17: Tauren Warrior, 3 stars
2 The Black Knight / Rank 16: Questing Adventurer, 1 star
1 Innkeeper / Rank 16: Questing Adventurer, 2 stars

0 Legend / Rank 16: Questing Adventurer, 3 stars

Red Comet

I think they should do something about griefing. I've been in two situations now since I've started playing where the other player had the opportunity to kill me, but instead keep throwing down cards and taking the maximum time to end their turns.

Minsc

Gold Member
I think they should do something about griefing. I've been in two situations now since I've started playing where the other player had the opportunity to kill me, but instead keep throwing down cards and taking the maximum time to end their turns.

They already did do something about this... they've included a concede button. It allows you to stop griefing at any point you'd like.

Bii

It's probably a dick move but I would just concede if they're taking their sweet time to do the finishing blow. I usually let them finish me off and give a hearty "well played" and let them run through their gamut of cards...but if time is expiring and they're just slow to finish the game up, I'd concede. I've only had to do it once but wouldn't hesitate to do it again if I'm in a similar situation.

scy

Is it bad sportsmanship to concede when you know they can finish you off?

I dunno. Some people seem to think this. Personally, if I see you have lethal on board / you show the card in hand that gives lethal (e.g., removal for my Taunt, burn to my face, Force of Nature, whatever), I'll just concede to it to save the extra steps. Like, I'm not going to sit here and hope you don't see that you have lethal on board or that you misplay your lethal. If I see you have it, you win, concede and move on.

Special C

Gave up and decided to netdeck for once and crafted Zoo. Obviously I don't know how to play it correctly because I can't manage to win consitently against bad decks in casual. Just goes to show it matters more that you know what you are doing than what cards you have. Did much better with decks build from my own brain. I think my biggest problem is optimizing when to play the Doomguards and Soulfires

peon_must_work__by_typhonart-d6zwv8e.png

Friday = Job's Done. :p

Cheers to that!

EDIT: I have to say that a Peon Card in Hearthstone would probably be my favorite. What is currently your favorite card to use or play?

I'd love a Peon card. I personally love Mad Bomber; it was my first Golden and it gives me the bombs where I want 80% of the time at least. It was a gift, perhaps even a sign some would say, from RNGesus.

Just got Leeroy Jenkins in my 0-3 arena run pack. Is he any good?

He has a lot of use depending on the deck. Great finisher for Shaman (with Windfury), Rogue (with Cold Blood/Shadowstep), and even Warlock... Plus probably most other classes. I'd not disenchant him and play around with him a bit.

depths20XX

I think I was an asshole for the first time in this game yesterday.

Hunter kept spamming "thank you" to everything and I've just been tired of seeing them.

Eventually I got him to turn 10 and had lethal. I really delayed it until the rope was almost burned and said thank you before fireballing his face.

TomServo

I think I was an asshole for the first time in this game yesterday.

Hunter kept spamming "thank you" to everything and I've just been tired of seeing them.

Eventually I got him to turn 10 and had lethal. I really delayed it until the rope was almost burned and said thank you before fireballing his face.

Was squelch broken?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just got Leeroy Jenkins in my 0-3 arena run pack. Is he any good?

he's basically the best finisher in the game. A staple of most decks. A generic fireball.

His downside of giving your opponent 2 1/1s usually means you want to save him for finishing off an opponent, using him to destroy a critical minion, or using him when you have AOE to clear their side as well.

Even then he doesn't last long with only 2 health

JesseZao

When does this thing come out on Android?

After adventure mode and in time to avoid this topic from being moved to community. Assuming Opiate gives no threats before adventure mode releases and only makes a threat a month after it's out, I'd give it a window of release between late July and early September.

son you just opened up a can of worms

yeah good luck winning 3 games on a consistent basis. kiss that gold goodbye, buddy

It's not controversial. Once you're familiar with the game, the arena is the most efficient way to get gold/cards/dust. 3 wins is not hard to acheive.

codecow

You can concede.

I'll be honest, I seem to get my butt kicked a lot more in arena than play even though arena is supposed to be the balanced version. (And I'm pretty good at building decks)

I'll be honest, I seem to get my butt kicked a lot more in arena than play even though arena is supposed to be the balanced version. (And I'm pretty good at building decks)

I think it's because the people who build good decks (sometimes just out of luck) end up playing more games before their three losses. So when you are matched with someone, there's a greater chance it's going to be someone with a good deck since they are out there playing more games before getting defeated. It's a gyp, at least in my experience. As soon as I hit 100 gold, I buy a new pack and move on.

Special C

I'm really good at Arena and I think the Arena mindset has ruined me in constructed as I don't do well even with good decks. I usually get to 7 wins in arena and I can't even win over half my games with Zoo.

it's really hard to get a complete trash deck in arena. being unlucky means playing your first 3 or 4 games against amazing decks. I'm really not very good at this game and I'm consistently in the 5-6 win range and I go over that enough to maintain over 1000g in the bank.

watching guardsmanbob, hafu and trump has probably helped me the most.

Opiate

My answer to the above question is: if they linger on their win and seem to be savoring it, I will concede. If they are moving efficiently, I will not.

JesseZao

My answer to the above question is: if they linger on their win and seem to be savoring it, I will concede. If they are moving efficiently, I will not.

I don't generally concede, but there is one situation that I usually will: They have lethal on board and play a card from their hand of no consequence to killing me.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I think it's because the people who build good decks (sometimes just out of luck) end up playing more games before their three losses. So when you are matched with someone, there's a greater chance it's going to be someone with a good deck since they are out there playing more games before getting defeated. It's a gyp, at least in my experience. As soon as I hit 100 gold, I buy a new pack and move on.

I was always under the assumption that you were matched with people with the same amount (or similar amount) of wins.

I certainly would believe that based on the decks I consistently see in the 7-10 win range versus the decks I see from 0-4 (though sometimes you run into a low-end buzzsaw who is just starting too).

I was similar to you, where breaking 3 wins was rare, when i first started, but you spend some time learning to draft, you figure out the right classes and you learn what other people will likely be drafting in their own classes. Even then, you'll still have bad drafts or bad beats in Arena (while I'm on a hot streak, there was still a 2-3 Shaman deck that didn't gel in there)

That said, I've played a LOT of Arena (far more than constructed). I'm 70-24 or so in my last 9 runs (2-0 right now). Right now I could play for a long time with the amount of gold I have just during this series, plus whatever Arenas give me, plus the arenas those buy, plus the gold from quests for Arenas.

Sumidor

I love Arena. I rarely play constructed. The randomness of Arena is so much more appealing to me. I have yet to hit 12 wins though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom