• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

Hey, 400 dust is a free epic of your choice! There's a lot of good class epics, or you could play it safe and craft a BGH, he's likely going to be very strong with all the dragons folks are going to be putting in their decks.

Mage is my main/preferred class, what are the good epics for that class?

Also, here's today's pack, which is a lot less epic:

PzpDzX6.jpg

JesseZao

If you have a battle.net phone authenticator installed, it automatically imports the value. Nice!

That was a hassle on the hacked tablet version.

Guy plays Coin -> Innervate -> Innervate -> Lord of the Arena on T1 in Arena. He gives me several rounds of "Well played" as I use my Webspinner and Glaivezooka to kill it over two turns at the expense of 18 face damage. He has no follow up, can't contest the board, tries to hero power me down for a bit, and loses with me on 6. Lesson to make sure you have enough reach to back up your double Innervate opening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Silky smooth
Fuck me

Levi

Banned
Mage is my main/preferred class, what are the good epics for that class?

Also, here's today's pack, which is a lot less epic:

Well, the Mage class epics are only necessary for certain decks which aren't heavily utilized in the meta right now. You need pyroblast and ice block if you want to play freeze mage, but you also need the legendary cards Antonidas and Alexstraza so I would not craft those cards right now. Echo of Medivh is not used much, Spellbender is the least used secret, and I've literally never seen anyone play Wee Spellstopper in Constructed or Arena.

If you absolutely want to make a Mage epic, I'd say Pyroblast. But you're probably better off with a neutral epic that'll fit in a wide variety of decks, or even 4 good rare cards that'll improve your deck today. (Azure drake is a great choice for a variety of mage decks.)

CClMISqWEAAJ29E.jpg:large

It is actually pretty damn sweet imo.

The only criticism I have is that the way the hand works and hero power. So you have your hand on the side til you click on it then you can use the cards because it comes to the forefront. That part is awesome. But you cann't select your hero power (or see your hp I think) while your hand is up. So I have to minimize the hand, hit hero power, bring it back up, hit deadly poison, minimize it, attack with face, bring it back up, and then play blade flurry... just to do that deadly poison blade flurry combo. It all goes fairly quick tbh, but still I feel like that is a small criticism on an otherwise great product so far.

gutshot

The UI will take a little getting used to but it is much better than the hacked tablet version.

I got King Mukla in my free pack too, so that is cool.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can someone with Android please tell me how much data this sucker sucks out? I'm considering playing this 8h tomorrow at school through 4g

Rapstah

Can someone with Android please tell me how much data this sucker sucks out? I'm considering playing this 8h tomorrow at school through 4g

I ran out of space at 1.4 gigs. Had to clean up 700 MBs of Spotify playlists and it's still going. Maybe my phone is weird.

Magnus

Holy shit. Looks and plays great on my 5S. Plays more smoothly than my iPad 3. Phone UI is TIGHT.

Standing in line anywhere is never going to be boring again.

Well, the Mage class epics are only necessary for certain decks which aren't heavily utilized in the meta right now. You need pyroblast and ice block if you want to play freeze mage, but you also need the legendary cards Antonidas and Alexstraza so I would not craft those cards right now. Echo of Medivh is not used much, Spellbender is the least used secret, and I've literally never seen anyone play Wee Spellstopper in Constructed or Arena.

If you absolutely want to make a Mage epic, I'd say Pyroblast. But you're probably better off with a neutral epic that'll fit in a wide variety of decks, or even 4 good rare cards that'll improve your deck today. (Azure drake is a great choice for a variety of mage decks.)

I've pulled three of them from packs and have never even considered adding them to any deck. I did play one pulled from an Unstable Portal one time. It didn't do a damn thing.

If you have a battle.net phone authenticator installed, it automatically imports the value. Nice!

That was a hassle on the hacked tablet version.

I did not have this experience on my Nexus 4 - I had to manually enter the authenticator despite having the app.

Anyway, it runs OK on my Nexus 4. Super long to load initially and some hanging after a match, but in-game I didn't experience any issues.

clav

Holy shit. Looks and plays great on my 5S. Plays more smoothly than my iPad 3. Phone UI is TIGHT.

Standing in line anywhere is never going to be boring again.

Probably the lower resolution helps.

I wish I could play the lower res. phone version on the Galaxy S3. Too tiny.

Rapstah

I just learned I no longer have an SD card in my phone and I don't remember taking it out. Someone may have stolen the SD card right out of my phone. I can't install Hearthstone. :(

Zemm

It's good if you're not near a laptop or PC much but I can't be the only person that thinks it's horrible to play on a mobile phone right? Dunno why but I really don't like the touch controls, this is so much better with a mouse for me.

Majine

Banned
It's good if you're not near a laptop or PC much but I can't be the only person that thinks it's horrible to play on a mobile phone right? Dunno why but I really don't like the touch controls, this is so much better with a mouse for me.

Obviously. the phone version is the worst version of the game, but that's a given. I think it's still impressive that they could bake all that interface into such small screens. It supports iPhone 4S, that's 3.5 inches.

Strider

Obviously. the phone version is the worst version of the game, but that's a given. I think it's still impressive that they could bake all that interface into such small screens. It supports iPhone 4S, that's 3.5 inches.

Yep.

I'll choose other platforms if available but this phone app is really nice all things considered.

Zemm

yeah it is impressive. I think the tablet UI is even better (that's what I played on my S4 the past few weeks before the proper phone version was released).

tariniel

So I haven't played in a while (since just before GvG launch) but I downloaded the game on iPhone today and played my match to get a free pack in casual mode. I got credit towards my daily quest to cast spells.

Has it always been this way or do dailies work in casual mode now?

Ashodin

So I haven't played in a while (since just before GvG launch) but I downloaded the game on iPhone today and played my match to get a free pack in casual mode. I got credit towards my daily quest to cast spells.

Has it always been this way or do dailies work in casual mode now?

always can get dailies in casual.

tylerf

I hate the phone UI. The normal UI looked perfectly fine on my Nexus 5. At least I got my first warrior epic out of the free pack (Brawl). Now I'm only 4000 dust away from playing Control Warrior.

gutshot

Well the Android phone client seems to have the same problem as the tablet client which is random and frequent disconnects. It disconnects me from just about every other match. Can't play until they fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom